• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'm just tired of this passive attitude from the Peach boards. We need some kind of fire to light up within us to be more competitive and take it to the next level!!

Peach dittos are one of the strangest matchups in the game, but it's also one of my best and I would still be very happy to conquer another Peach player at it. Because in the end, it's a still a matchup you might need for tourney and I'd rather not lose.

You also don't understand the importance of watching your enemy's patterns and playstyle and finding a counter to it. I've watched videos over and over again of my competition to internalize their playstyles and I have seen dramatic results in how I fight my opponents now. I've turned previous losses into future wins.

Adapting is one of my specialties as a Peach player. My mindset keeps improving over time and it's really exciting.

In the end, I still like you too Peachkid and I have no ill feelings towards anyone for that matter. <3 Skank!! :bee:.

I understand the frustration of the passive mindset. Nothing advances and the metagame will never progress. But just as a warning from a friend, dont let the passion and confidence turn into arrogance. thats never usually a good quality to have ^_^;

Yeah i agree that peach dittos are deffinatly odd but i also enjoy them alot and in a region with like 3 peaches but only 1 other peach that enters knowing the matchup deffinatly helps

On the contrary i fully understand the necessity of watching/adapting to other peoples playstyles ;P after maining zelda in melee i need to find any sort of hole in a players playstyle in order to even get close and land my kicks. and that skill of quickly adapting to anothers playstyle carried over to my peach and now i play alot more passive aggressively.

You still a skanky *** ho-bag fo sho bag ;D

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I know for a fact I more knowledge and grammar than Kyle.

I don't recall anyone saying anything.

Standing up and having confidence is great and all, more power to you, but realize I'd be one of the first to actually provide support while you're at a national, rather then defensively popping in to mention I'm better. But hey, thanks.
Whatever, b****.

You might have better grammar than me (honestly, WHO GIVES A F***?? I still get A's on all my papers. Go suck a d***) and as for knowledge.... lulzkittenz!!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I appreciate that, Kyle. ;D

Hmm...in retrospect, I only started reading the skirmish starting at page 125, so I didn't see what started it all before I posted. I...can't really say I agree or disagree with anyone on this matter because I can relate to both perspectives, partly because I frequently fluctuated between them during my years of competitive Melee.

Kyle- Kyle is feeling great, he's at an all-time high in his development as a player. He feels as if he's on top of the world right now and rightfully so because his belief right now is that he can go "nowhere but up". He is at a point where he will start watching videos of his peers and analyze their gameplay, to notice little things that he does himself and things he doesn't do, but at the same time is also trying to get a grasp of what the other player is capable of in comparison to his own capabilities. He then makes a judgment call on whether he believes he is the superior player at this point in time (a natural human reaction in most cases). However, possibly unbeknown by the recipient of Kyle's "call out", his playful banter and claim of superiority could very well be an attempt at forcing the latter to get their butt in gear in order to surpass him/prove his claim wrong, while perhaps, subsequently surpassing the others in the process. He harbors no ill will and his intentions are pure, but his delivery is for the most part misunderstood.

Meno- Meno is rather baffled at Kyle's sudden call out, and the manner in which it was delivered to him. He's not sure what exactly provoked it, but in the meantime he feels he needs to retaliate, and does. While everything carries out, he is still unsure what to make of it, but there is a slight competitive spark initiated from the verbal skirmish, evident by his verbal retaliation in and of itself. He wants to prove Kyle wrong, despite how subtle his guise makes it appear.

KB- Is ****ing amazing at this game. He constantly sandbags his opponents while portraying an incredible effort to win, regardless of his opponent's skill level. He uploads very little footage of himself for the sake of preserving the competitive drive (or what little of it lingers) of his fellow Peach players. He's secretly rich, has a hot wife, drives a Dodge Viper as a mere secondary mode of transportation, and thus purposely places outside of first place at every single tournament imaginable for the same reason stated above. He's such an amazing, incredibly gifted, well-rounded, likable guy and every single unborn child already wishes to grow up in a rather vain attempt to replicate his astounding image. Simply phenomenal.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I appreciate that, Kyle. ;D

Hmm...in retrospect, I only started reading the skirmish starting at page 125, so I didn't see what started it all before I posted. I...can't really say I agree or disagree with anyone on this matter because I can relate to both perspectives, partly because I frequently fluctuated between them during my years of competitive Melee.

Kyle- Kyle is feeling great, he's at an all-time high in his development as a player. He feels as if he's on top of the world right now and rightfully so because his belief right now is that he can go "nowhere but up". He is at a point where he will start watching videos of his peers and analyze their gameplay, to notice little things that he does himself and things he doesn't do, but at the same time is also trying to get a grasp of what the other player is capable of in comparison to his own capabilities. He then makes a judgment call on whether he believes he is the superior player at this point in time (a natural human reaction in most cases). However, possibly unbeknown by the recipient of Kyle's "call out", his playful banter and claim of superiority could very well be an attempt at forcing the latter to get their butt in gear in order to surpass him/prove his claim wrong, while perhaps, subsequently surpassing the others in the process. He harbors no ill will and his intentions are pure, but his delivery is for the most part misunderstood.

Meno- Meno is rather baffled at Kyle's sudden call out, and the manner in which it was delivered to him. He's not sure what exactly provoked it, but in the meantime he feels he needs to retaliate, and does. While everything carries out, he is still unsure what to make of it, but there is a slight competitive spark initiated from the verbal skirmish, evident by his verbal retaliation in and of itself. He wants to prove Kyle wrong, despite how subtle his guise makes it appear.

KB- Is ****ing amazing at this game. He constantly sandbags his opponents while portraying an incredible effort to win, regardless of his opponent's skill level. He uploads very little footage of himself for the sake of preserving the competitive drive (or what little of it lingers) of his fellow Peach players. He's secretly rich, has a hot wife, drives a Dodge Viper as a mere secondary mode of transportation, and thus purposely places outside of first place at every single tournament imaginable for the same reason stated above. He's such an amazing, incredibly gifted, well-rounded, likable guy and every single unborn child already wishes to grow up in a rather vain attempt to replicate his astounding image. Simply phenomenal.
Great analysis!!

Spot on!! <3 :bee: :laugh:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Last I checked, the OP was asking for tournament results, not walls of text. So if you could all like, kindly move this current to the Tactical discussion thread that'd be so cool.

Also, anyone wanting control of this thread due to Dark's hiatus should ask him for control. If he agrees then I'll give you control. If he never responds or whatever and neglects this thread for a week or so, I'll just give it to someone who wants it.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Last I checked, the OP was asking for tournament results, not walls of text. So if you could all like, kindly move this current to the Tactical discussion thread that'd be so cool.

Also, anyone wanting control of this thread due to Dark's hiatus should ask him for control. If he agrees then I'll give you control. If he never responds or whatever and neglects this thread for a week or so, I'll just give it to someone who wants it.
ME ME ME!! PICK MEEEE!!

I like organising threads ;3.

:053:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Goodbye all, I will miss you! Gosh, my love for the Peach boards has never been fully expressed before today. I love you all! ;---;

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB- You another one. I have no clue why you getting all bigged mouth or hyping stuff like this up. Ok, you beat people in your state and place high alot. They may be good but they are nobody epic that makes you king of the couch. What happen at pound and MLG? Why was you not in bracket? You talk all this stuff and can do good in your area. But when it comes to bring all that stuff you talk of in big tournies, you can't even make it into bracket? Something is wrong there, very wrong. Then at one point you felt like quitting Peach. Then you get first at a tourny there, then feel like big man of the couch again. it be a lil better if you felt like that after mlg and pound. and even around the time you was getting beat to a point you wanted to leave Peach and lean to pika. So please dude, enough with this BS. You go on about how your Peach is this and that and the style. Like you have that Peach and do good in your area. But when it comes time to play with the big boys, where you at in bracket?
Why are you roasting me?

One word, besides being relative to everyone's experience with Peach in one way or another, describes every post I've made in this thread since that argument began: SARCASM.

Do you REALLY think I was talking myself up in such an obnoxious way? Where?

When I said Illmatic and I have similar playstyles? When I said every one of us can relate to my DESCRIPTION of my own experiences with Peach? IS DESCRIBING MYSELF (INCLUDING MY OWN FAULTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) SUDDENLY A CRIME?

I'm not on ANY sort of ego trip whatsoever, ESPECIALLY with my most recent posts on this thread! Read my posts more carefully and show at least enough courtesy to try and comprehend my intentions. WHAT I WAS TRYING TO DO WAS AS CLEAR AS DAY! *headdesk*

We've come a long way since our bickering two years ago Dark, especially with me backing down and actually becoming a person you felt like you could talk to respectfully, all bull**** aside. AT LEAST try realize that I'm not as ignorant as you just accused me of being. That ain't right, man...

*I'll drop it here for the the sake of Air's sanity.*

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You guys need to stop with this "He said / she said / I say I'm better" drama. this is ridiculous. This topic is to post how you did in a tournament so that peaches can be encouraged, not use the results to say "I'm better than you".

I think it started out friendly and sarcastic with Silly kyle, but Darklink had no business coming in and posting what he did, which kinda turned the fun competition joking into a malicious 4 page ego fest.

It's disgusting, it's stupid and it's off topic. And I looked tot he peach boards as a nice place to be because the top peaches were helpful to each other and worked to see her improve. Not get in petty "maybe I'm better" theorycrafts.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Wow Dark, you really got the Peach boards...DEAD ON, no joke. A year ago, I remember the Peach boads being a lot more unified with even more hype and activity going on. It's kind of stagnated since, and I still think we do a good job of helping each other out, but unnessary hype for one's own accomplishments has been taking place recently >_<. I know for a fact that I'm not good @ this game @ all! I have a lot of work to do as a player, and I know for a fact that I don't have the ability to be great w/ Peach w/ the mindset and smarts I have today. Peach truly requires dedication, and as I've been listening to encounters w/ top players playing Peach, I've heard that they are better than any of today's "best" Peach mains.

It's really player skill which needs time to cultivate within the Peach community. Like Raz said, we do suck in comparision to the MK community(M2K, Tyrant, Anti, Dojo...boom...boom..boom). There are so many good players in that community and the reason why MK is so developed is because they did the things Dark listed(ask about matchups, help w/ X playstyle, etc..). Of course they had M2K, but I don't even think he shares many of his tricks. It was really a community effort.

I hear that some say the Peach community is like a "family." This may be the case, but if you truly are a "family," then everyone should have made at least ONE contribution by making a thread, and actually getting business done.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm a little disappointed with the community as well, for reasons stated as well as others. I want us all to get better, I always have.

- Dark: read all of my posts again, I meant no harm. Give me more credit than that.

- Kyle: I encourage your competitive nature and I always will. It's perfectly alright to poke fun and tease the others, but work on the delivery a bit.

- Meno: I trust your level of comprehension. You already know what's up.

- People outside of the bicker-fest: Argument's over (hopefully). I tried my best to remain a third-party while trying to get everyone to at least appreciate the others' views. I don't like being bunched in with anything ego-related simply because of my manner of speech. I only bring up my experiences (despite how sup-par they may be) to relate to the crowd so they understand where I come from. I'm not a fan of drama either, believe me. I just like to type a lot. :laugh:

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Okay, everybody just breaaathhheee. :p Honestly, I had no idea Dark's post had insults in it, otherwise I probably would've edited it by now. Too late. But anyways, can we all just please disregard Dark's post? I mean, we've been through this stuff like a million times, lol. Yes, the majority of what Dark said was unnecessary but isn't it better to just be mature about it and just let it go? Of course, some may be butt hurt upset but all that can be settled on AIM with him. :p

Let's just bring in those tournament results and be happy for each other's success. :)

Edit: Geez, ninja'd again. Lol

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
*cough*Kyle? Kira told me I was better than you at Apex. I barely even took note of it (also, he was a way cool guy) and wasn't going to mention it, but here you are on the boards insulting other Peach players based off of Kira complementing you, so I'm just gonna say it. :p Neener neener. (also, please, I have no intention of trying to argue about it.)

Be mature and don't attack people by region (yeah, I know, I just said Neener Neener and am saying to be mature >_< ). Just go place and no one will argue over who's better.

Competition is good, but you're mistaken in thinking that we should be competing with each other. We should be competing to be good national-level players. We're competing with TOP PLAYERS. None of us are national top players; thus, we're not worth competing with and should learn off of each other.

Also, the Peach ditto is unnecessary. I just go MK against Peaches. Sky's the only Peach my MK's lost a match to, and it's gotten tremendously better at the matchup since. My MK has beaten:
* Edrees
* Dark.Pch
* Peachkid
* MenoUnderwater
* Kos-Mos
* Excel_Zero

So yeah. Peach is bad, MK eats her for dinner, every MK does it wrong. LOL

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
PSHHHHH I beat your MK ;P
Even though i mostly lucksacked most of those wins XDDDDD i did have one legit win i think

Praxis you are a lying sack of crap lol

I JUST talked to Kira and he said there was absolutely no mention of him saying you were better then kyle. He actually said you don't even come close. He almost JV 3 stocked you and only one time you got him to his last stock. And you lost two moneymatches to him, after hastily asking for a double or nothing.

He said Nichole's and Meno's peach were the best he fought and that he played many peaches at Apex and Supercon.

Kira is a very nice person who NEVER lies either. So don't try to pull anything.

You lose. to the point where anything you say should be questioned. Since you lied about this.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Praxis you are a lying sack of crap lol

I JUST talked to Kira and he said there was absolutely no mention of him saying you were better then kyle. He actually said you don't even come close. He almost JV 3 stocked you and only one time you got him to his last stock. And you lost two moneymatches to him, after hastily asking for a double or nothing.

He said Nichole's and Meno's peach were the best he fought and that he played many peaches at Apex and Supercon.

Kira is a very nice person who NEVER lies either. So don't try to pull anything.

You lose. to the point where anything you say should be questioned. Since you lied about this.
I read this in the voice of a small child.

Nicole

Smash Champion
AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH

i will say that kira is an incredibly good player and really impressed me

BUT THATS ALL!!

ps. why do you guys have such enormous egos when you're not doing anything particularly noteworthy?

UGH.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Someone temporarily close this thread please :l

:053:
No. Warnings/infractions should be given to those who continue to fuel the fire, but there's absolutely no need to close the thread and punish everyone over the mistakes of a few people.

@ Kyon- It was primarily a SF tournament, with Brawl as a side event. I'll see if I can get the host to post a results thread.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it was Kira that said something about that. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with someone else- I met a LOT of new people. In all honesty half of that weekend was a blur; I went literally two days without sleep. I do remember Kira being one of the coolest people I met there though.

If I'm wrong, genuine apologies. Maybe I misunderstood him, maybe he was talking nice, maybe I'm thinking of someone else. I only brought it up because I remembered something about a comparison to Silly Kyle, remembered talking with Kira, and Kyle was being annoying by trash talking people on here; I virtually never bring up what people say about me, lol.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Seriously, lol, why is there text without any relevancy to this thread? This is a tournament results thread. All we need from you is tournament results/tournament result discussion. Is it really that hard to move this to the tactical discussion thread???

post dem resultz :mad:

Or suffer. :mad::mad:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I agree with Air. Actual please take it to PMs or chat if you want to further discuss this, it's kind of a silly quabble at this point.

By the way I came here to say that I may be entering a few tournaments again over the coming months. Somehow I'm in the mood to play again. I don't think I'll stay long, but I'll enter a few and try to place well.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
If it counts.

QUAKE CON 2010

Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series
Live Stream: http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade
Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282774
AllisBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10271

1vs1 - 123 entrants

1: UTDZac==:gw:
2: Gnes==:diddy:
3: UtimateRazer==:snake: