• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Cool. Good job Kyle.
What are we going to do about this thread now that Dark is gone?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1st out of 9 (Beatdown II) 8/14/10

Thread isn't up yet, but it was a laughable turnout due to there being two larger tournaments going on the same day. It isn't valid to post anyway, but I just thought I'd share. :laugh:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283901

Kyon and I got 7th but its okay~
We'll do better next time >:O
Hey guys!! I went to a tournament today!! :)

Here are the results:

8/14/10

2nd out of 16

1) Darklink :metaknight: :falco:
2) Silly Kyle :peach:
3) Lonewolf :marth:
4) DerpDaBerp :olimar:
5) Arnone :metaknight:
6) Torgo :kirby:
7) Rain :metaknight: :link:
8) TommyDerMeister :snake:

I finally got over my Marth hurdle and I beat Lonewolf 3-0. :) He's pretty much always beaten me in tournament and I finally got my redemption!!! w00t!!

I'm very pleased with the results today. w00t!!

And btw Meno and PK, Kira thinks I'm better than you guys. Kthxbai <3
Make sure you post them in Ankoku's thread.

Not trying to be a ****, but Kyle can take games off me and I'm a good player (5th and 7th in socal regionals with over 64 entrants, beating their ranked #1 in tournament, etc)

So he probably is better, since you have no one good at all to practice with.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I got a deathpool at Supercon yesterday, but I did very respectably against Dekar and MikeHAZE when we played. Even taking a game off Mike. Just sayin.

I guess doing well against an okay Meta Knight means something. Kudos to Kyle.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Here are the full singles results of this week's tourney:

Singles ($5 entry)

1: HRNut ($26.00) -split- :falco: :snake:
1: GDX ($26.00) -split- :diddy:
3: D-Torr ($12.00) :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi2:
4: radiX ($8.00) :snake: :dedede: :diddy: :metaknight:
5: Gallax ($4.00) :marth: :snake:
5: Draconoa ($4.00) :olimar:
7: Kyon :peach:
7: hiROI :peach:
9: Walnut :metaknight:
9: XDeath :rob: :gw:
9: PUNK9 :pikachu2:
9: King :random:
13: Duke :random:
13: PIE :ness2:
13: kirbydabest :kirby2:
13: Danlex :random:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Not trying to be a ****, but Kyle can take games off me and I'm a good player (5th and 7th in socal regionals with over 64 entrants, beating their ranked #1 in tournament, etc)

So he probably is better, since you have no one good at all to practice with.
Who cares? Lol, Meno is still **** in doubles, and has the BEST use of f-tilt I have seen in any Peach. Every Peach is better @ something that another is not. If you want to contest for the best Peach, then beat Excel_Zero's or Edrees's singles/doubles record.

z00ted

This is getting entertaining... can I join in on the fun?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm just straight up better than Meno and PK in singles. For doubles, I don't really care about because I don't have a static partner to work with, so it's not a priority. My focus is on 1 vs 1. <3

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Because... Arizona says your better? LOL YUP FAIR AND BALANCED NEUTRAL VIEWPOINT

Listen listen listen Señor Seely Keel. I can get my state to back me as well, but in the end, it's not about your friends talking you up - it's about who you beat. If you're good, you'll do good against good players - and if you don't, you're not.

In that regard, we both do pretty well. You're 5th in your state, I'm 4th. Not considering state strength, that's fantastic for two Peaches (though Colorado did get higher than Arizona at Supercon - your #2 tied with our #10 - so you can throw away these "no one good there" comments). You're a talented Peach, so I hear, but when are you gonna start taking games instead of gathering hype and clinging to opinions? Just claiming "I'm better than XZY" means nothing since basically anyone can say the absolute same thing with no less power.

I'm better than Silly Kyle. Also, my friends say so.

See what I mean?

This is why I have respect for KB and have a lack of it for Illmatic recently. KB is like, "I am good, and this is specifically why." Ill is like, "I'M THE BEST. SEE TEXAS SAYS SO."

If we can learn to remove the subjectivity out, we can actually have a pretty straight-forward discussion - instead of the idiotic, "HEY LOOK AT ME" parade we're actually having now.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk, i know all i know is that i'm not losing to arizona in tournament. :p

4-0 motha fukka~

loool jk

[/troll]

remember now, we're all supposed to push each other up and all get **** at this game since our best players aren't better than the best ones in other character boards.

gotta keep in mind that we have **** to learn from each other. there's a lot of info on the pch boards we aren't fully utilizing either aaaand right now there's prob a lot of focus on the free pull or well, the Mannypull.

Iiiiiiiidk, I'd say that if we're working in turnip tricksies into our game we probably should use meno's vids as a frame of reference.

Inner character competition isn't worth a **** thing when none of us are really doing damage on the national scene so drop it.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hahahahahaha

Arizona's top 5 would easily dismantle Colorado's top 5.

I would also like to see the bracket at Supercon, it would be interesting to see who lost to who. And from what I hear, Kira has been heralded by many people as one of the best ROBs/Pit players in the country. He also beasted at Apex and barely made it out of pools. Inui had one more game than him (however Kira beat him :)). I'd like to see your #10 do that. Or anyone in Colorado for that matter.

The main reason why I even bring this up is because I heard through the grapevine that you and Peachkid thought you would beat me if I came to SuperCon. I promise you that won't happen. <3

Just watching recent videos of your Peach was enough for me to understand that my Peach > your Peach. I hope someday soon to prove it once and for all.

Until then...

<3

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Sure my focus may not be singles at all right now (and probably wont be) but Kyle your just theory crafting that we don't really know the peach ditto and that you would beat us

Here is one flaw in your logic, watching videos. Sure its a good way of gauging peoples skills and learning maybe one or two tricks about their play style. but you cant just completely learn their style and all the tricks a player has up their sleeve by watching videos of them. The only way to do that is by actually PLAYING the person and adapting and countering their style. I used to harbor this mindset and I got demolished by people who i thought i could just walk all over and easily beat just because I watched videos of them and thought "they look easy". Actually Playing a person to learn their style and gauge if you maybe better>Watching videos to gauge if your better

Additionally, Peach dittos are in no way at all a way to merit that your peach is better than ours period. it just means your just better at the ditto, not overall better. If I use your logic on my history of peach dittos I would be with out a doubt the best peach. because I have beaten just about every peach in dittos. I have beaten Meno, Nicole, Excel Zero, Dark Pch, Praxis ( I think a few times...*Shrug* cant remember really well) Kyon, White Peach, Mikey Lenetia... But do you see me throwing my arms up in the air, jump around 5 times and say I'm the best peach because I beat notable peaches? Not at all actually, in fact I hardly ever even speak of my winnings at all especially with something like peach dittos because they dont matter at all even though peach dittos are really fun, most of a peach's punish game from out ranging stuff pretty much goes down the toilet because dittos are pretty much who can get the most of X before the other.

also dont even try the "I beat X Player in a tourney set there for I'm better than you" well you know what, I 2-0'd fatal, the best east coast snake and do you hear me blabbing about that? Nope.

I like you kyle, your cool but if your really serious about your new attitude... then this over confidence of yours kinda needs to be toned down.. it WILL be your downfall. thats just me

Honestly I dont like debating so...dont provoke a reaction out of me please. so this might just be all of my 2 cents on this situation

TL;DR dont underestimate anyone kiddies

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Changed my mind. Not going to take a full hiatus. Just going to take a break from tournies to save more money for school and KH: BBS. Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh.

Peach dittos are silly. It's about who hits with fair, jab, f-smash, and f-tilt before the other Peach does. Easily the most annoying matchup to play alongside TL and Falco imo.

Kyle...I LOVE your competitive attitude. You too Illmatizzle. Ohio's top 10 (with either me or Fizzle at #10) would demolish both of those states combined. Bring it on! ;D

God Kais!

z00ted

Not at all actually, in fact I hardly ever even speak of my winnings at all especially with something like peach dittos because they dont matter at all even though peach dittos are really fun, most of a peach's punish game from out ranging stuff pretty much goes down the toilet because dittos are pretty much who can get the most of X before the other.
Yep, your right.
this over confidence of yours kinda needs to be toned down.. it WILL be your downfall.
It WONT be his downfall. He's trying to step up, when has that ever hurt anybody?

Changed my mind. Not going to take a full hiatus. Just going to take a break from tournies to save more money for school and KH: BBS. Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Porqueeeeeeeeee!?!?!?

Peach dittos are silly. It's about who hits with fair, jab, f-smash, and f-tilt before the other Peach does. Easily the most annoying matchup to play alongside TL and Falco imo.
Yep.. they are the worst. No contest.

Kyle...I LOVE your competitive attitude. You too Illmatizzle. Ohio's top 10 (with either me or Fizzle at #10) would demolish both of those states combined. Bring it on! ;D

God Kais!
Texas can and will drop a massive turd on Ohio and both of those state combined easily.
I think what the Peach board needs is just a national.. where we all meet up play and get to know each other. That would be nice... sigh :/

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
It WONT be his downfall. He's trying to step up, when has that ever hurt anybody?
Im speaking mostly from experience on this matter. Sure confidence is necessary to separate yourself from the common and the mundane but anything in access is usually not good. I mean I'm not saying he wont beat me, but if he doesnt then...it usually hurts
Just look at dark for instance, every tourney i go to that he is at i 3 stock him at least once LOL and he goes off about how he is gonna take top 10 usually or bust

all im saying is one shouldn't set ones expectations so high. Thats honestly what i think happened with dark

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yep, your right.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Porqueeeeeeeeee!?!?!?

Texas can and will drop a massive turd on Ohio and both of those state combined easily.
I think what the Peach board needs is just a national.. where we all meet up play and get to know each other. That would be nice... sigh :/
- I agree with that. He is indeed trying to step it up, I approve.

@ Peachkid- I understand where you're coming from, but I also speak from experience when I say that sometimes the risk is worth (and necessary for) the reward. Having an ego and putting it on the line isn't a problem for those with a strong constitution, even if they happen to lose. I've won hard sets, beaten/taken games from notable people, and have also lost some important sets and had some embarrassing losses against people, but my "ego" as one would call it still stands strong. I'm not conceited, but I'll be ****ed if I let myself be pressured into fake humility just to appease the crowd. This is why I sympathize with Ill's and Kyle's newfound drives to be the best. Smashers need more of that drive imo (especially after me being more and more exposed to the SF community to see the difference). That is why NJ, FL, TX, and Socal dominate, because they have that drive. Their players improve at alarming rates. They don't lolly-gag around, hold hands, and try to be universally nice and happy-go-lucky; that kills drive. They play to win.

- Lol Ill, it'll only be a short break to let my bank account get mad stacked for the upcoming semester. I'll be right back in the action before you even know it (and still messing around on the ladder to keep in shape).

- And I'd like to see Texas try and do that to us. Ya'll peeps been losing to an Ike lol. <3 You don't want some of this God Kai Peach son. I knock them stocks off quick as lightning, and make yo hands shake like thunder. ;)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
@ Peachkid- I understand where you're coming from, but I also speak from experience when I say that sometimes the risk is worth (and necessary for) the reward. Having an ego and putting it on the line isn't a problem for those with a strong constitution, even if they happen to lose. I've won hard sets, beaten/taken games from notable people, and have also lost some important sets and had some embarrassing losses against people, but my "ego" as one would call it still stands strong. I'm not conceited, but I'll be ****ed if I let myself be pressured into fake humility just to appease the crowd. This is why I sympathize with Ill's and Kyle's newfound drives to be the best. Smashers need more of that drive imo (especially after me being more and more exposed to the SF community to see the difference). That is why NJ, FL, TX, and Socal dominate, because they have that drive. Their players improve at alarming rates. They don't lolly-gag around, hold hands, and try to be universally nice and happy-go-lucky; that kills drive. They play to win

Yeah i know this isnt a place where we all will just hold hands and be all happy go lucky... egos are needed in order to get anywhere but like we shouldnt really be fighting amongst ourselves to figure out who will be best peach and who can own x peach and what not. That doesnt make the best peach sadly :\ i actually love to see peach mains push the limits but it shouldn't really be amongst ourselves to see who is the best at peach dittos cause what good will that do? Idk i just dont like it when somebodies ego gets in the way of seeing somebody else's accomplishments and such and when it gets to the point that somebody becomes so high on a pedestal... I had to deal with that for almost my entire life with a bunch of kids that lived near me who's ego's penetrate the edge of the solar system.

anyways I'm gonna stop posting and getting all negative towards peoples brilliance.

*fades into darkness*

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Setting expectations high is fine but I don't think Kyle is doing that.

He basically just claimed to be better by claiming that Meno's region sucks.

He didn't say that he was good, or smarter, or had better spacing, more knowledge, more mix-ups, more anything really. Just kinda said Meno's region was no good.

That's heeeella weak sauce. Especially when there are people on this board that could do the same to him by coming from more skilled regions. Hell, I could do the same to everybody on this board outside of Kyon, Hiroi, Praxis, just b/c I'm fkn SoCal. That's not nearly good enough though.

I think Kyle is just on the Peach boards to get his meat ridden by the boards coz I don't see any helpful input out of him at all.

Also, it's pretty insulting that Darklink came in here talking about Meno not having anyone good to practice with just b/c of his region? Iiiiidk man, you just don't know. Not every player came up to be good by just playing the best. Some did but others just kept playing, kept practicing their **** in training mode, and put a lot of thought into the game and into what their doing.

So with that being said I think it's safe to say that ya'll can shut the hell up.

I'd so quit the Peach boards too but there's too much useful stuff coming from rick and lance and kyon and whoever else for me to be driven away by this garbage.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I guess I just see it all differently from you, but see what you mean about the uneducated region bashing.

But honestly when it comes to the character herself, we're all so close in our performance it's not even funny. On average I place in the 5th-7th range at larger tournies, with the occasional 4th/9th placings depending on how my streaky nature treats me. I always place first/top 4 at smaller events. I've beaten notable players around my state (which is something I don't pay much attention to due to all of our regional differences; it's beating notable players OoS that really counts). My style focuses heavily on frame traps, quick reads, and fakeouts with a dose of heavy defense on last stock scenarios. I have a slight mental block against Toon Link, Kirby, and Falco especially at the start of a match. My movement preference is so similar to Illmatic's (or rather...his is similar to mine <3) it's scary; all the more evident after watching his match vs P4's Metaknight (yes Illmatic I think you have one of sexiest Peaches I've seen, you've adopted a very safe and slick style all on your own, keep it up :) ).

The reason I posted this description of me? It's because we all have our own descriptions and details to fit into every category. We all have our strengths, we all have our preferred ways to play, we all have our slight (or even heavy) mental blocks, and we're all pretty streaky and place at about the same range (mostly referring to Kyon, Nicole, Illmatic, Meno, and myself as far as most current events go), and we all even have little tidbits of information that we exploit within our own respective styles that no one else uses. The only way for any of us to prove to be a superior player to the rest is to show consistency; consistency in placements, consistency against tough OoS competition, consistency in playing well (at most tournaments at least), consistency in having full control of our character in any possible scenario (Excel_Zero was the closest at demonstrating this), and last but not least...have the ability to adapt to anything and to adapt quickly. That is what seperates X from the rest of the Sonics, it is what puts Nick Riddle at the top of the ZSS class right now, it is what puts Brood up on the "best Olimar" pedestal at this point in time, and it is what will ultimately determine who is the best among us (if said person even exists in this country, who knows until someone finally steps up and ***** top players galore).

/attempt at enlightenment concluded.

Metatitan

Smash Master
KB I think you're blurring the line between confidence and cockiness. Kyle stepped over the line.

That being said, can we take this to PM/VM/SD so that this thread can be used for our small amount of tournament results?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB I think you're blurring the line between confidence and cockiness. Kyle stepped over the line.

That being said, can we take this to PM/VM/SD so that this thread can be used for our small amount of tournament results?
Meh, if it keeps me from getting butthurt over trivial matters, then blur I shall! :D

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Sure my focus may not be singles at all right now (and probably wont be) but Kyle your just theory crafting that we don't really know the peach ditto and that you would beat us

Here is one flaw in your logic, watching videos. Sure its a good way of gauging peoples skills and learning maybe one or two tricks about their play style. but you cant just completely learn their style and all the tricks a player has up their sleeve by watching videos of them. The only way to do that is by actually PLAYING the person and adapting and countering their style. I used to harbor this mindset and I got demolished by people who i thought i could just walk all over and easily beat just because I watched videos of them and thought "they look easy". Actually Playing a person to learn their style and gauge if you maybe better>Watching videos to gauge if your better

Additionally, Peach dittos are in no way at all a way to merit that your peach is better than ours period. it just means your just better at the ditto, not overall better. If I use your logic on my history of peach dittos I would be with out a doubt the best peach. because I have beaten just about every peach in dittos. I have beaten Meno, Nicole, Excel Zero, Dark Pch, Praxis ( I think a few times...*Shrug* cant remember really well) Kyon, White Peach, Mikey Lenetia... But do you see me throwing my arms up in the air, jump around 5 times and say I'm the best peach because I beat notable peaches? Not at all actually, in fact I hardly ever even speak of my winnings at all especially with something like peach dittos because they dont matter at all even though peach dittos are really fun, most of a peach's punish game from out ranging stuff pretty much goes down the toilet because dittos are pretty much who can get the most of X before the other.

also dont even try the "I beat X Player in a tourney set there for I'm better than you" well you know what, I 2-0'd fatal, the best east coast snake and do you hear me blabbing about that? Nope.

I like you kyle, your cool but if your really serious about your new attitude... then this over confidence of yours kinda needs to be toned down.. it WILL be your downfall. thats just me

Honestly I dont like debating so...dont provoke a reaction out of me please. so this might just be all of my 2 cents on this situation

TL;DR dont underestimate anyone kiddies
I'm just tired of this passive attitude from the Peach boards. We need some kind of fire to light up within us to be more competitive and take it to the next level!!

Peach dittos are one of the strangest matchups in the game, but it's also one of my best and I would still be very happy to conquer another Peach player at it. Because in the end, it's a still a matchup you might need for tourney and I'd rather not lose.

You also don't understand the importance of watching your enemy's patterns and playstyle and finding a counter to it. I've watched videos over and over again of my competition to internalize their playstyles and I have seen dramatic results in how I fight my opponents now. I've turned previous losses into future wins.

Adapting is one of my specialties as a Peach player. My mindset keeps improving over time and it's really exciting.

In the end, I still like you too Peachkid and I have no ill feelings towards anyone for that matter. <3 Skank!! :bee:

God Kais!
Ohio is broken!!! Hahaha, but I'm glad you like my attitude. I really respect you a lot as Peach player and as a person. I really hope we meet someday soon. <3

Setting expectations high is fine but I don't think Kyle is doing that.

He basically just claimed to be better by claiming that Meno's region sucks.

He didn't say that he was good, or smarter, or had better spacing, more knowledge, more mix-ups, more anything really. Just kinda said Meno's region was no good.

That's heeeella weak sauce. Especially when there are people on this board that could do the same to him by coming from more skilled regions. Hell, I could do the same to everybody on this board outside of Kyon, Hiroi, Praxis, just b/c I'm fkn SoCal. That's not nearly good enough though.

I think Kyle is just on the Peach boards to get his meat ridden by the boards coz I don't see any helpful input out of him at all.
I am smarter, with better spacing, more knowledge, and better mix-ups. <3

I didn't step over any line!! I was just defending myself from what I believe were untrue statements.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I know for a fact I more knowledge and grammar than Kyle.

I didn't step over any line!! I was just defending myself from what I believe were untrue statements.
I don't recall anyone saying anything.

Standing up and having confidence is great and all, more power to you, but realize I'd be one of the first to actually provide support while you're at a national, rather then defensively popping in to mention I'm better. But hey, thanks.

Top Bottom