• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
At this point I'm not sure when the results of Supercon are gonna be uploaded, but there's a chance I won't even be listed anyway. I'd like to post on my performance and why it was my favorite tournament to date since Genesis.

Overall, the tournament was a really tiny national, but it was stuffed with talent - with players coming in from each of the four corner states (Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona), Kansas, Southern California, including the big names M2K, MikeHaze, Tyrant, TearBear, Havok, X, and Reflex. Small tournament, huge competition.

The first day of Supercon was the doubles tournament.

My teammate is DTL and we combine forces to be Colorado's best team and state champions. (It's true! I have a trophy that says so!). We go Peach + MK and we get sorted into Pool #1 which includes:

M2K + Tyrant
Reflex + X
MJG + Fino

...and us.

After waiting almost an hour, people realize we haven't played yet, so we get to go through three sets immediately after each other. We got this.

My first match for the tournament is me and Dylan versus M2K and Tyrant.

I forget what happened that first match. We lost, obviously - but I distinctly remember thinking and telling Dylan "It's just another MK. Really really really good MKs... but it's just MK." Dylan agrees, and with our disillusionment of what top level play is, and more importantly a new-found realization that we can handle it, we counterpick my favorite stage: Pictochat.

"3!" "2!" "1!" "GO!"

At this point, I need you to call up experience for something I'm about to describe. Adrenaline? Ever had it? Ever been in a dangerous situation where your heart was just pumping pure energy into you and you could fly? As soon as I heard that "GO!" and I saw Peach wave at the screen... I ****ing had it.

For those three stocks, it was absolutely the best I have ever played in my life. I did not make mistakes, I was scoring ridiculous kills, I was spacing, I was moving, I was baiting. All against ****ing M2K and Tyrant.

I was so into it that I didn't comprehend what was happening till a spectator was calling me a tank or something. The three surrounding MK's were all down to one stock each, I still had my full three.

WTF

Thankfully it doesn't get to me but the blur continues until me and Tyrant are knocked out and it's down to DTL versus M2K. It's over basically. We got 2-0'd as expected, but I have never felt as proud of my performance as I did then.

I then learn this was apparently on livestream. :chuckle:

Further along we lose to MJG and Fino pretty handidly. We get a match off Reflex and X too. Then we learn the pools are just for seeding.

...well then.

Bracket goes on, we lose to Colorado Anubis and end up in 9th place. Unfortunate ending, but a good day. Singles is tomorrow.

• • • • • •

I end up getting eliminated from singles in the first twenty minutes.

I was in pool #4 or something. Five players, top two advance. My pool is:

Meno (hey hey)
Lunchbox (CO random)
Mustapha (random)
MikeHAZE (SoCal random)
Dekar (NM random)
Reflex (unfortunately could not make singles)

Yup, not a deathpool at all.

I don't argue (someone has to end up in the deathpool, right?), and instead walk into it with stride. Maybe I'll sandbag a little so Mike and Dekar don't feel so bad.

My first match is against Dekar. Really professional guy. I forget what happens the first match, but I'm assuming I SD'd three times because it was apparently my turn to CP. Needs less sandbagging on my part. We go Pictochat and I remember not to run at him when there's bananas in front of him. I get him down to one stock before losing. Ahwell. :p

My next match is MikeHaze.

So, if you know a bit about my reputation here in Colorado, you'll know that I lose to Marth. It's bad. People who don't necessarily play the character CP me with Marth and do very well. I don't understand how to get in, I don't know what to do. I throw turnips? Fair maybe? People tell me bair is good. MK is so much easier, you don't understand.

So now I'm against the Marth.

We get going on Yoshi's Island and I'm... spacing? I'm throwing out bairs... and they hit? What is going on. I end up getting the first kill.

What the hell is going on. Who are you. Why did that just happen.

I get him down to last stock and we've gathered a crowd. It was... close? It's my turn to CP.

"Let's go Pictochat" I say dreamily and on the verge of insanity. He goes MK. I want to start crying out of gratitude.

MK on Pictochat. It's still Mike, but at least I have an idea of what to do. ...I can do this.
The match gets going and I'm doing my stuff. I'm doing what I should be doing. I'm hitting him out of tornado, I'm punishing Shuttle Loop, I'm not using Jab2. I'm doing it right and we're going even. I'm going even against MikeHAZE. MIKE ****ING HAZE.

We got a big crowd now. I can hear it.

"Look at that Peach!"
"That ain't Edrees!"
"What is that turnip teleportation?!"
"Mike, it's just Peach! Tornado and Shuttle Loop, it's easy as ****. You got a free win."

That last comment, on our last stock is what made it for me. "No, you see Mr. Person. It's not at all that easy," I say in my head. Mike tries Tornado - he get's naired and I get cheered. He tries SL - he gets upaired. Mike, I'm gonna win. My conviction is rock solid at this point, despite both of us being at high percent. I get knocked upwards, he goes for the uairs and I cut through with a dair. My favorite set-up for a combo in the entire game.

Dair combos into uair and Mike flies up. But he lives.

A split second later, no he doesn't. I hear a small "WHAT" from beside me before the crowd behind me EXPLODES. I look behind me and the entire tournament is there - Colorado is in tears. I'm getting pats on the back from everyone while I try to tell Mike that I ban Brinstar. "BATTLEFIELD," "OKAY." He's going back to Marth. Oh right, that character.

I then proceed to get three stocked. :laugh:

I shake his hand, I stand dazed amidst a sympathetic crowd, and I'm fine and smiling ear to ear. I played well and I got my game and I got that first blood. Supercon was good.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Great read, Manny!!

That story reminds me of how I felt when I got 5th out of 45 at Devastation when M2K, Mikehaze, Havok, and Dekar came down to AZ. SuperCon definitely seemed tougher with Tearbear,Tyrant, and X being there too.

C'mon Peaches, we got this!! <3 <3 <3

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it's nice to know that ya had fun and had your own bouts of brilliance. it's nice to know there was a ton of hype too coz hype is rly the thing that truly truly makes a tourney. i need to be surrounded by that kind of hype atmosphere when i'm at a tourney whether i'm a participant in the match or not haha.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If I can manage to outspace Mike and Peachkid consistently, the bstick serves me well. And gives me an advantage against MK that nobody else has.

The results for Supercon are up!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284065

17th out of 40

3rd in my pool, and tying with Peachkid. Not bad, but of course I really do think I could have placed higher had I had better luck. Ahwells, see you guys at MLG Dallas.

About Tornado:
Peach handles it really really well if you see it coming (and your on the ground). Using Dark's method, if you hold up when you get hit you get launched upward and you can nair it. Easy, and can be done on reaction. With a full shield, just wait for him to finish and punish with dash attack.

I think I punished every single tornado during the entire tournament.

Shuttle Loop:
If he's doing it OOS, hit his shield with the tip of fair and shield immediately. He SL's and you can jump and uair. Again, easy - but MK can SL the fair when it's coming down, and instead go for a grab after the fair. It's a guessing game that Peach loses more often than not.

Anyway, if you can effectively punish the two moves that make it an "easy win" for MK... you really get inside the head of the player. It's essentially a mind break.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Now if I'm holding up when I get hit then mash A, won't I uair instead of nair the tornado?

Or I hold up until the nado knocks be up then let go, I'm completely out of the tornado so now I can nair it?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yup, hold up, then let go once you're hit.

You're screwed if you get caught in the air. But that's why you're not supposed to be in the air against MK.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yup, hold up, then let go once you're hit.

You're screwed if you get caught in the air. But that's why you're not supposed to be in the air against MK.
You can kinda get out ala the same method even if he gets you in the nado while in the air i think. i have broken out of nado's that catch me in the air before...

another neat trick i have done maybe once (maybe im just remembering this wrong but anyways, mk would nado under me and i can usually dsmash him. now if we kinda apply how his Nado and our Fsmash works, maybe just maybe we can punish him with a racket or club when he is under us... idk im just theory crafting but it was a thought

but now for on topicness, I'm going to a tourney tomorrow where i enter both singles and doubles! wish me luck ya'll! I'm even pondering changing my L button to special because i have been messing around with all these cool little tricks i can do with Free Pulling

Moozle

Smash Champion
HAI GAIZ! I went to a tourney today, and it was fun :D I already kind of explained my matches in the SD, so here are the results.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11021414#post11021414
SSBB Singles $10 Entry

1: North Dakota Norman (Hunger) ($138.00) :wario:
2: Perfect Booty Climber (Sago) ($69.00) :metaknight:/:samus2:
3: Blunt Smoking Anus Destroyer 420 (Fatboy) ($23.00) :metaknight:/:rob:
4: YoshQ :luigi2:
5: Ook :dk2:
5: Grimace :dedede:/:snake:
7: Kappy :kirby2:
7: Moozle :peach:
9: Kennispam :shiek:
9: Kirk :ike:/:snake:/:bowser2:
9: Akashi :marth:/:snake:
9: DLA :metaknight:
13: Norm :snake:
13: Oro :marth:
13: Red Ryu :lucario:
13: Nathan :random:
17: Tetsion :pit:
17: ****ing Bob :random:
17: Loki :falcon:
17: Tao (Zwarm) :metaknight:/:dedede:
17: Meneil :ike:
17: Tony :falco:
17: Epic :jigglypuff:

Bracket

There are a ton of snakes in my area, so I really just need to get that matchup down as best as I can. I'm thinking about picking up Diddy for Snake and maybe MK, but I don't want to be gay (oh wait-) :p . I'm finally getting a handle on the Falco matchup, which is awesome because that has always been my most difficult one. I think it's because I'm finally getting better and staying on the ground ( <3 Ftilt). Here's just a synopsis of my matches since I'm bored and can't sleep.

Match 1 - First match I had to fight Epic. I beat him first game at smashville, Peach vs Jiggs. Second game he went G&W and took me to Brinstar. I hate this matchup so much, but I still won.

Match 2 - Second match I fought Hunger. He consistently places top 1-3 at every event I've ever been to ever. I can always come really close to beating him, but only ever take a game off. He told me to spam pivot grab whenever he approaches, so I'm going to keep that in mind since I have trouble killing him when I don't get a grab. I know I can beat him; it'll happen soon :p Lost 0-2.

Match 3 - Third match I played Meneil. I've never beaten her in tourney before, but I finally beat her today. I won first game Peach vs Falco. Second game she went Ike, her main, and beat me at Castle Siege. She was at like ****ing 220% last stock it was so dumb lol. I won the third game at...maybe Battlefield I forget.

Match 4 - Fourth I played Red Ryu. He plays Peach too, but his main is Lucario. I beat him 2-0, but the matches were close. He started to figure out towards the end and was camping me pretty hard. That matchup is such a ***** when he's at 100+% and doesn't have to approach AT ALL. I was proud of my patience in that matchup.

Match 5 - Fifth I played Akashi. He is a reallllly good Snake that always does well at these events. He went Marth first game because he thought I sucked and I beat him on smashville. Next he went to Snake and beat me on Halberd. Third match, I was at 40% on my last stock, and he was at 90% on his second stock. I got an awesome Usmash kill, and was only down by 40%. I played really patiently and was closing the gap up with turnips, but I'm pretty sure I would have lost. I pulled a lucky bomb and killed him really early. I felt so bad, but hey what can you do. He wouldn't talk to me after it happened lol :/

Match 6 - GRIMACE. Just like Hunger, I always come really close to beating him. He doesn't like playing Snake against my Peach since I always give him a close match, so he went DDD first. I was stupid and played the matchup bad and lost the first game, but I won the second one. The worst part about the DDD matchup is coming back to the stage; his Bair is so freaking good I hate it. Third match was pretty close, but I just wasn't playing at my best and he beat me.

So that was a long write up, but these are the first results I've ever posted in here. I love when I'm playing and people say stuff like "What the **** peach is so good" lol.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Awesome job Muzzle.

And lol at the bomb-omb shoulder you got. Don't feel bad though, like you said in the SD, he plays the better character, so he has no reason to be like that. It's a totally legit win and should be accepted as such. It's the only reason I play Peach anyway. xD

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Good job!
Don't take that bomb stuff seriously though.
It's a rare occurance and I'm sure if he caught your bomb and threw it back at you he wouldn't be complaining.

He could have avoided it.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yesterday's tourney was balls for me and riot DX although he won low tier doubles with Teevee. We did really poorly in regular doubles, and not so good in Singles.

Meh you win some you lose some....hopefully there is another tourney thats decently close in the future that we will take first at =D

oh and i really REALLY need to not play blazblue before tourneys. I just got CS and i was just messing around with Rachel seeing if she had ANYTHING that was somewhat good to use and I didnt really play brawl at all ^_^;

yeah not doing that again XD

and you cant catch bombs. I experimented with this and its impossible. HOWEVER you can drop them on platforms and make them start walking around :3

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Is it possible to use Peach's bomb like Snake's grenades? As in shield while holding it, so that if your opponent hits through the shield and hits the bomb, then only your opponent gets damaged? Or will it not work/Peach will also get damaged?

Just curious

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Is it possible to use Peach's bomb like Snake's grenades? As in shield while holding it, so that if your opponent hits through the shield and hits the bomb, then only your opponent gets damaged? Or will it not work/Peach will also get damaged?

Just curious
I think this is possible. I've done it several times before.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Its entirely possible. If ANYTHING knicks the bomb it gets set off. I have gotten a few surprise kills due to it ^_^

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284060

Brawl Singles (32)
1: UTDZac - G&W
2: Holms - Wolf / ZSS / ???
3: Dphat - MK / Wario
4: Denti - Olimar
5: Domo - MK
5: Bassem - Wario
7: Slaps - Ike
7: Dakpo - ZSS
9: Mr. Doom - Ike
9: Chuky - G&W
9: D4Ba - MK
9: K Prime - Pikachu
13: Typ_Ex - Falco
13: Chic - Luigi
13: Sethlon - 6-character build
13: FK - ZSS
17: FHero - MK
17: Bwett - Diddy
17: Clel - MK
17: C Spyker
17: Mumble
17: Bigfoot
17: KirbyKid
17: ALSM
25: RedShadow
25: Zolo
25: Shade
25: KingJ
25: Paw
25: Nike
25: Ginko
25: Raiku
I'm didnt do better this time. There are so many things I lack in this game :(

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
9th out of 62/ OSTS: Kaos/ 9-4-10
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=114&mode=results

1 Mr-R :marth: (:snake:?)
2 Orion :metaknight:
3 istudying :diddy: (:popo:?)
4 Gregs :falco:
5 ssj5goten :fox: :marth: :metaknight:
5 T :wolf: :dedede:
7 Jumpman :metaknight:
7 Xonar :falco: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus:
9 Cenel :snake:
9 Gymmo :dedede: (:metaknight:?)
9 kaak :gw:
9 Yaaay :peach:
Im very satisfied with my position. I played very well and improved a lot, and I still have a lot to improve! I lost to Gregs (Falco, VERY inexperienced in the match-up and Gregs is amazing :() and Jumpman (MK, he read me like a book).

I think I should use my OoS better, I use also use Peach's great OoS options too little, so that needs some work. My mental stamina should also get some improvement (water helps a lot though). I should sometimes think less about the match-up and more about reading reading the opponent. Knowing match-ups is great, but not everyone is the same. Im pretty poor at adapting, so that needs A LOT of work. I should watch my opponent better and predict better, but most important: react faster. I also want to master the quick float hop in my game, it helps a lot. Finally, I should never underrate my opponent.

Most of this is just practice practice practice and concentrate concentrate concentrate. This is some work to be done, but I think I can do it :).

But yeah, I was very happy with my placing. :333 And the tourney itself was sooooo much fun, I had an amazing time! Cant wait for the next one! It was a bit hot inside the hot though XD. But Ive had much worse, so it didnt bother me that much ;p.

:052:

Top Bottom