• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yaaaay got top12 ;P

Orion moved to holland the 31st.

Additionally, regarding the characters, Orion used Falco and Wario too.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Well I choked hard at the 117 man singles tournament that I hoped to do well at. I got 33rd. It was terrible...

I got 3rd in doubles with Coney though. Peach + DDD is a really good team if they are both good players who can handle most matchups well. We beat Atomsk and Zucco, Infern and Krystedez, Shugo and Arty, and we took 2 games off of Judge + Lain, and 3 stocked Ally + Inui one game (but didnt beat them anymore).

How do you guys manage to not choke, lol? I've really been doing poorly in singles lately. I've been practicing all kinds of new tricks, playing more flashy, landing more usmashes. I was actually fairly confident that I would do well at this tournament. I was given the perfect bracket (Metaknight who I love to play against and who I never lose to as long as it's the person's secondary and not their main - which it was - and Ice Climbers) and I still failed. I do just fine in pools and money matches and friendlies but I can't seem to do well in the actual tournament and I don't know why. I just play way way worse and it's really frustrating. If any of you have ever had this sort of problem, I'd like to hear about it, maybe it will help me.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I had this same problem about two tournaments ago.
Just don't go into a tournament match fretting, that was my problem.

If your calm and relaxed you can actually think straight and more logically than if your nervous.
It sorta sounds like that's the reason why you may not be doing as well as you want to ( your more relaxed in friendlies and money matches ) and maybe you don't compare money matches as high of a caliber compared to tournament matches?

Seriously I was in the same boat as you about two weeks ago haha.

I hope all goes well.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
illy done did good ;o
-----------------------

maybe ya just got away from the basics nicole.

maybe ya tried to force yourself to use your tricks and setups instead of shifting down a gear and reading people.

idk, when ya play ya just gotta be chill though. bein' on edge is no good. especially w/ a character like peach where getting frustrated or pissed off might just be the end of you when ya fall behind coz forcing anything with her just isn't happening.

so yeah

bring the chill~ the calm~ the thinking~

i guess.

"how to not choke" isn't rly an easy question to answer.

z00ted

what the heck illy? after u almost beat san, your not gonna help Smesh!?!
! He was one of the best early Brawl Peaches, and placed top 3 at most of his events.

Anyways, welcome bck Smeesh :p
I helped him on aim bro.

I'm not THAT big of a prick.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Since Kyon asked me to post all of my results, here they are. They are pretty old and not that good, but still :d.

17th out of 57 (BIA: Brawl in Ally) 10/25/09
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=102&mode=results

17th out of 25 (BIP: Brawl in Purmerend) 12/13/09
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=105&mode=results

17th out of 55 (OSTS: Alliance) 12/20/09
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=results

17th out of 72 (ZEST 5) 04/30/10
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=107&mode=results

9th out of 64 (OSTS: Kaos) 09/04/10
http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=114&mode=results

Yeah, I used to be pretty consistent XD.

:052:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol yeah I was so confused when you asked someone to take over it cuz I was like "I thought Kyon was doing a good job..." XD

z00ted

Same, I thought Kyon didn't want it anymore lol.
(was filling in for Dark)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I went to a tournament this weekend! My first since Supercon.

5th out of 10th

Aww yea. Pretty small, but our top four was there, and I got fifth!

...eh. Lost to Bee's ROB solidly, and Fishbait - but managed to take the second game from his MK. Waiting to have my Wii sent back from repairs. Need. to. practice.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh i hope there's a good tourney in this area to go to. i've been too busy going like 1/4th pch and using a lotta mk/snake at these small ones. xD

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
There is gonna be a DNA this weekend. Hopefully I manage to place decently. Lately my placements have been very very lackluster... :\ I am going to try and go back on my medication for when singles starts and see if there is a difference on how well I play and compare that to the other recentish tourneys. But I'm going to be skipping out on doubles so I can focus 120% on singles

I need to actually practice **** instead of just expecting I will do well. Most of my problems lately have been due to me screwing up crucial inputs and getting frustrated and ultimately not thinking and losing my confidence and will to continue through out the set

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ok so I wanted to ask everyone

Have you ever taken a game/beaten/outplaced an MK? How about a known/decent MK? What about a top level MK?

I keep seeing this whole 'Peach has yet to beat Top MK's, other characters have done it etc etc.' and I figured I ought to have a look into whether this is true with evidence or not

Just curious thats all

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i haven't actually rly tried to beat a good mk w/ peach in a long time. i don't think i've beaten an mk in tourney with my peach since I beat darklink a year ago. After that i started using snake/fox (mainly snake). the last time I tried MK vs Peach was against Tearbear a few weeks ago. First game on SV was him last stock 91 and then i got ***** 2nd round for cp'ing BF and being a bit impatient. I'm tryin' to rly do the match-up but I have pocket characters for cp stages or if I just get absolutely massacred.

Top Bottom