• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark..sometimes I'm extremely confused with your posts.
Great job KB.
Idk what is so confusing with what I said but w/e dude.

wow, good job everyone! you guys are really doing well.

plus...some people play new chars. i didnt know joey mained mk now...and co18 didnt use DDD at all? and hrnut didn't use snake?

my world is falling apart...
I had a feeling joey would snap and main someone else. Really when he was talking about his Peach not doing to hot and wanted a better character for her match ups. I told him and was straight real with him. If you wanna win that bad and at all cost, play meta knight. He is the answer to everything. Don't waste your time learning and playing other characters, just use meta knight.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Great job Peaches! We also got some more high placings this week:

Gags
5th out of 13 (They are Entire Region 2: The ultimate sacrifice) 7/31/2010
Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282572
1: fatal

2: Bloodcross

3: lingling

4: BIZKIT

5: Gags

5: Pelca

7: Rach

7: Mikeray4

Castro
4th out of 25 (Steakfest 3!! Free Cash) 7/31/2010
Results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282663
1: Espy

2: K Prime

3: Nike

4: Castro

5: KoN

5: Kinzer

7: Sonic King

7: Suspect

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Castro you've always done well. Who did you lose to here?

And also, do you ever get to play Espy? How do you handle the sonic matchup, and is there anything he does different than the other sonics?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
And also, do you ever get to play Espy? How do you handle the sonic matchup, and is there anything he does different than the other sonics?
He utterly ***** from the vids I've seen lol
Also lol 3 Sonic's in that tourney xD
Moving on up Castro :D Well done too KB, you'll get those MK's next time :p What was Green Greens like? I still need to find a decent CP for MK cause I would just end up going to FD if it wasn't banned/hadn't been already used lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was unsure at first, but I decided to take a gamble and try it out for myself and it was fantastic. As long as Peach can maintain her positioning in the center of the stage and hold any type of lead, she has a huge advantage there. I found myself hitting with u-tilt a lot more than usual. Lain had an unusually hard time approaching me from either above or the sides of the stage. When ever he was on the sides of the stage I just stood my ground in the center and tossed turnips at him while farming for better pulls. I used the blocks to refresh my kill moves via jab or bomber whenever it was safe to hit them, which I'm personally convinced is safer for Peach to do on Green Greens than on both Brinstar and Castle Siege. Controlling the center gave me ample time to filter my f-smashes to get the racket out of the way so I could either have the club (which reached far ahead of me, covered most of a platform above me, and obviously a little behind me; it was ridiculously safe there) or the pan (which is her best KO friend next to u-smash, u-tilt, and uair there). The structure also discouraged him from using tornado as much as he (or any MK) normally would in the matchup; he only used it like...two or three times per stock or so, and whenever he did I was reacting to it well so I either upright swatted him away with a f-smash, and when I got sucked into it I was able to escape via nair or bair. I even nailed him through the top of it with the beginning hits of dair. Everything about the stage from Peach's bolstered kill potential to her ability to control the center well, it all made me so comfortable and able to think swiftly and react to things accordingly.

This is clearly Peach's best counterpick against Metaknight and I'm glad that we get to finally put him in a counterpicking ultimatum (Green Greens and FD/Castle Siege/PS1; the other three not being as effective but still alright imo) to counteract his Rainbow Cruise/Brinstar/Delfino shenanigans. I just hope it gets legalized everywhere like it should be. It'll take baby steps, but hopefully someday most of the East Coast will open their eyes and ears to any reasoning beyond "that's gay/that's legit". MLG got Pictochat some much deserved attention thanks to AlphaZealot so hopefully the exploration on Green Greens carries on as well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Welcome to Green Greens, KB. :bee:

It's pretty ****. Colorado had it removed awhile back though, much to my dismay, but I'm not sure about its legality either. Dedede is so incredibly strong there.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well of course there will be a few characters that are strong there. There are supposed to be characters that are strong on counterpicks, that's why they're counterpicks. DDD and Snake immediately come to mind as the two who can kill the earliest here, but don't they generally kill at lower percents than most of the cast anyway? This stage benefits a wide variety of characters in the exact same manner so it's not like it's centralized around the strengths of just one or a select few characters; in fact, it increases Peach's ability to kill...a character so notorious for her lack thereof. So with that in mind, the stage actually serves the same purpose for both characters who can and cannot kill outright. Couple that with the fact that the bombs do not have ridiculously strong knockback and are set to fall in and cover two specific zones and you have a stage with only just as much jank or influence on a match as just about any of the counterpick stages that have already been allowed around a good portion of the country (Pictochat and Brinstar come to mind), but it's not the type of jank that will take control of a match in and of itself. It's jank that adds another layer of depth and strategy to a match, which is what Brawl needs more of. I follow AZ's philosophy that Brawl still has a handful of stages that were not rightfully banned and have been swept under the rug as a result of EC's mindset of "this is gay, ban". Green Greens is one of these stages.

However, his experimentation with adding Pictochat to the MLG stagelist and trying it out has at least gotten many people to change their (mostly uneducated, mind you) views about the stage, so at least some progress has been made. People just need to open their minds more and get away from the "keep it as close to mostly flat with platforms as possible". This is not Street Fighter. Stages will have some sort of influence on a match, including ones as simply laid out as FD or Battlefield. I just hope people start to wake up from the scrubby 08 method of stage elimination.

My apologies for what could be seen as a rant, but things really need to be done about the general consensus of what a "balanced" stagelist is.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it's a dumb stage though. the ****ing invisible bomb wall glitched activated during my last tourney set there in doubles LOL

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Lol, you're preaching to the choir KB. :laugh:

Nevertheless I agree with all your points... but I'm not convinced Green Greens fits cleanly into all your arguments. Green Greens is a strong CP, no reason to ban that, but my fear is that it's too strong of a CP. See how Pirate Ship was banned for water-camping. "It's just a really good CP for G&W!"

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol, you're preaching to the choir KB. :laugh:

Nevertheless I agree with all your points... but I'm not convinced Green Greens fits cleanly into all your arguments. Green Greens is a strong CP, no reason to ban that, but my fear is that it's too strong of a CP. See how Pirate Ship was banned for water-camping. "It's just a really good CP for G&W!"
xD

Fair enough, but can you tell me where there is a comparable centralization of the stage on Green Greens aside from the center (which is the focal point on just about every stage anyway)?

@ Raz- "It's dumb" isn't a good reason to ban things though bro. I honestly think it's one of those stages that shouldn't be legal in doubles anyway, there's too much mayhem going on for people to be able to play on the stage wisely; but what I'm talking about here is strictly related to singles play. My bad for the confusion.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would not risk playing GG on a solid meta. Just Because meta is good at killing off the sides. And the death zones on the sides are close. Meta could start his air BS then Up-B and thats a stock. It's too much of a gamble to mess with him there. And it's Hard to return on stage in general against meta. I need all the space I can get. The only thing I see going for Peach here is if she can consistantly fight/keep Meta at the center of the stage while pounding on him. And it is not easy to just keep meta in one spot.

But if it works for you do, then go for it. It's your preference. For me there is 2 stages I rather take him too. My official counterpick on meta is BF. I am good with the platforms. And the turnips mixed with my platform game just gets in on meta. Metas now bann that stage on me. Judge did it at SNES. He was like "Nah man, I seen what you do to metas on there and what you did to me" So for that I have my second counter on him. Which is YI. That long platform helps alot. So good that Uptilt goes through it. And mixed with Turnip juggles Leads to beast pressure.

Good platform mixed with turnip pressure Does damages on characters like Snake and Marth. I am thinking of trying lylat on meta for reasons such as this. Those level Platforms do wonders. And does amazing against DK. I have yet to lose to a DK there. I tried Meta on that stage and did ok. But not as good as I would on BF or YI. I might practice more on that stage.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Are you referring to Green Greens, Battlefield, or both? I know firsthand that Battlefield vs Metaknight is ********.

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah...if you guys do well on green greens, power to you. but i gotta agree with ill and dark.pch here. mk loves that stage as much as we do. you green greens defenders say that we do great when we've got the center platform, and that may be true, but what if we dont? i dont like dying from 70 or 80% on NORMAL stages...i cant even imagine how easy it would be for peach to die at 50-60% on that stupid small stage if you didnt DI right. plus bombs. plus exploding apples. plus anytime that you DONT have the center platform...how are you gonna get it back from him?

i just dont see myself ever ever picking that stage against anyone, especially peach's hardest counter. i'll stick to fd and battlefield. i like battlefield for some reason...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wha? You care to tell me how that stage is not good to take him in this match up?
Metaknights want you to pick Battlefield with three platforms they completely have control over you in the air. They can land vertically haflway through the stage or at the top of the stage and gain all their jumps back - or they can just choose to camp you if they have the lead. Throw in the stage being rather small and you got yourself a automatic no way against Metaknight.

Think of it this way - your both rather light characters.

Who has the better DI? Metaknight.
Who can kill easier? Metaknight.
Who can camp better? Metaknight.
Who has more control off stage? Metaknight.

That basically sums up why you wouldn't want to choose Battlefield.

Dont do it bro.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I go to battle field against mk's very often. Even though I lose most of the time cause it's mk I'd rather pick there.... Or FO than green greens any day. Especially since they always ban fd against me. Shouldn't this discussion be in the mk thread though? Just saying....

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
For me, BF becomes a camp battle. MK's love to try to dair camp, nado camp, shuttle loop camp, etc by hiding under the other side's platform, and it always works somehow.... It's a fun stage, but I don't do amazingly there in that matchup.

I actually prefer YI as my main neutral against MK. Peach can camp under the platform , has more options to cover all of her zones, and MK is limited in the air. The only things I don't like about it is that MK's short hop aerials can get a little tedious to deal with, and his shuttle loop kills earlier than usual. But besides that, Peach's fair can get a nice kill on MK, turnips are great with the limited aerial mobility, and MK is trapped a lot of the time. I've gotten Anti to last stock last hit several times there (I beat him in friendlies there, but not in ranked matches =/ )

And for some reason, I've played a few MK's who know exactly what they're doing on FD. If they go aggressive, then I get trapped a lot. Even though there is a large space for turnip camping, I do lose to a few select MK's there...

And I've never tested out Green Greens too much yet. Maybe I should try it out...

z00ted

Waaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt

o

Everyone has their own playstyle.
There is no "specific" way to play a character and win.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm with Raz.

There might not be a "correct" way, but there's obviously a lot that can be wrong.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Who has the better DI? Metaknight.
Who can kill easier? Metaknight.
Who can camp better? Metaknight.
Who has more control off stage? Metaknight.

This has nothing to do with Stage. You just explained meta knight in general.

BF is an average range stage. it is not small. I Have done great against Shadows meta Knight in tourny on BF. Me taking 2 stocks off this dude. Judge I nearly beat there. M2K I was doing fine. Then I get a crappy SD which lead him to me 2 stocking me. And If I beat a good Meta, its mostly done on that stage. The summer of 09 when I had a gay bracket of 4 gay metas in a row, BF help me get through it. Cheese meta I beat the **** out of on BF. Which made him goes IC on FD, and won that.I have a good platfrom game on that stage. And good pressure with it. Also they help with my evasion and recovering against meta.

And the good thing is, with the platforms, I don't need to leave the ground to hit people. Meta on the other hand does. With a good platform game and use of turnips, can snip meta while he lands or set him up for an attack. Since platforms can get in the way.

Glide tossed turnips upwards to uptilts make it hard to get through/evade. And while all this is happening, you can get hits off. people need to learn how to use the platforms to thier advantage with Peach. really that top one.

- Glide tossed turnips upward
- Uptilt
- Ground floated upairs to up tilts
- Turnip juggle.
- Turnip cancels
- Evasion

All this helps for stage and platfrom control. No meta knight has ever destroyed me on that stage. Not even that monster M2K. And metas in this region just bann that stage against me. Which is why I needed a back up stage. Which is YI.

What you just describe is meta in general. He can do all that on all stages. Nothing to do with stage at all.

z00ted

Metaknight can abuse platforms much better on Battlefield than Yoshi's Island and many other neutral stages.

z00ted

Metaknights want you to pick Battlefield with three platforms they completely have control over you in the air. They can land vertically haflway through the stage or at the top of the stage and gain all their jumps back - or they can just choose to camp you if they have the lead. Throw in the stage being rather small and you got yourself a automatic no way against Metaknight.
Honestly Battlefield is a great counterpick if your not playing a scrooging, planking, camping, Metaknight.
But I've never been lucky enough to be in a situation like that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then your area is balls for allowing that. In this region, or EC for all I know. that is banned. We have a ledge grab limit here. If you go over the limit, you are DQ.

Meta will always have control in the air. Platforms help with evasion and landing. Peach can be balls when coming from the skys. Platforms can interupt air assults and help you get away. Where on battle field if you are in the air. Meta can just follow you easy from below. There is nothing inbetween you and meta. To land now turns into luck. Your fall speed sucks, your air dodge is crap. he can bait all that easy on FD.

BF is one of her best stages if you know how to abuse those platforms and good at evasion. Meta is good on all stages. The Job here is to use your character traits on stages to help you. meta wins. He will always have the advantage. And nothing anyone can do about it. Nothing at all. yet I am not gonna sit here and ignore things my character is beast at. Which is with platforms.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
it seems MK mains all ways want to show they can float better than we can, i find sticking mainly on the ground and duckin nado sucessful

Moozle

Smash Champion
I do much better against MK on BF than I do on FD. On FD, and even SV to an extent, I have too much problem with really defensive Metaknights. I just can't get around their wall of attacks when their are no platforms around.

z00ted

Ya'lls Metaknight mainers are extremely weird. Almost every Metaknight main I know bans Final Destination, and loves taking me to Brinstar / Battlefield.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Or maybe the meta's in your state are just weird. Or just love taking you there cause of how YOU play? Justcause they take you there all the time, don't mean the others metas we deal with are weird and yours are so legit.

But thats all you so w/e man. If you don't like BF, then don't play on it and stick to something else. It does it justice for the others.

z00ted

I do like Battlefield i just think the only character we shouldnt bring there is Metaknight.
No its not just me Metaknights around here almost ALWAYS bring their opponents to Battlefield.

MJG

Smash Hero
Or maybe the meta's in your state are just weird. Or just love taking you there cause of how YOU play? Justcause they take you there all the time, don't mean the others metas we deal with are weird and yours are so legit.

But thats all you so w/e man. If you don't like BF, then don't play on it and stick to something else. It does it justice for the others.
I don't really think he said his MKs were "legit" XD

And play styles do determine where your opponent will take you...that and your character.

BF da bess.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I do like Battlefield i just think the only character we shouldnt bring there is Metaknight.
No its not just me Metaknights around here almost ALWAYS bring their opponents to Battlefield.
Then thats just you then and how you play. Cause if i have done the best against three top metas on battlefield then any other stage. And beaten others that wanna play gay, then I am sticking to that.

But as the dude above me said. it's all on how people play. They way you play leads you to not being able to handle meta there. The way I play lets me take him there. I know how to use all those platforms against Peach there. That stage has been my playground for a long time. and became my official counterpick on him. if not for that stage I not get most of the wins I get on meta or do well on him before being slayed. Even when I am a washed up rust bucket, metas still have a problem with me there.

I like to keep meta over me ore then me being over him. And use those platforms to bait reactions when I dish out turnips, Uptilts or Upairs. This is something I like to call "underground pressure" And with all this. I can abuse his shield. meta gets pounded on his shield. His shield defense is weak. And I can abuse that here.

But w/e do you man. But I am not just gonna toss this stage away on him cause you can't deal with them there and say do. Just like you don't have to listen to me when saying all this to you. you and the metas there play how you want and you just avoid that stage. You pic w/e you want that makes you feel better.

Castro you've always done well. Who did you lose to here?

I lost to Nike at the end of the loser's bracket, and before that I lost to Kprime.
I do play espy, but he plays differently than the sonic player i usually end up against in tourny. Against sonic i use a lot of falling nairs, and space bairs when he spindashes. Peach will usually have priority in these cases. Watch out for them to mix it up with a running upsmash. Full hop dair helps get hits in too. Since sonic is all about punishment try to be careful not to walk in to a fsmash or bair.

Espy is too good though. He runs forward and then backward to space people for attacks and he doesn't spin dash as much. He's just a really good player that can keep thinking and moving at that fast pace. On a whole different level.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys!! I went to a tournament today!! :)

Here are the results:

8/14/10

2nd out of 16

1) Darklink :metaknight: :falco:
2) Silly Kyle :peach:
3) Lonewolf :marth:
4) DerpDaBerp :olimar:
5) Arnone :metaknight:
6) Torgo :kirby:
7) Rain :metaknight: :link:
8) TommyDerMeister :snake:

I finally got over my Marth hurdle and I beat Lonewolf 3-0. :) He's pretty much always beaten me in tournament and I finally got my redemption!!! w00t!!

I'm very pleased with the results today. w00t!!

And btw Meno and PK, Kira thinks I'm better than you guys. Kthxbai <3

Top Bottom