• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other underrated players besides Armada

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
Many of us thought poorly of everyone outside the U.S. before genesis. Now, I think most people are open to the possibility that there are other high level players out there that have been ignored or were unknown to most of us (as Armada was.) This is a thread to discuss who out there might have some potential.

I for one think Calle W...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think lots of canadians are underated, with the exception of like raynex and kage, people really sleep on canada.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
amsah/nihojin is a really good sheik player from europe. hes been around for a couple years. captain jack (from japan) went to europe for a bit and they had some really epic sheik dittos in a bunch of grand finals. from what i've seen recently, though, amsah can't touch armada (armada beat amsah 4-0 in a best of 7 grand finals recently)

what im saying is, armada is hella good but don't expect the other people to beat m2k/mango/shiz like that.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
amsah/nihojin is reallly good. ive been watching him for awhile, thats how i knew about armada before a lot of people. he used to beat armada, but recently armada got a lot better. i was talking to france and they confirmed this.

me133(7)

Smash Rookie
Over here at the suck continent with it's scrubby overhyped randoms:
Zgetto, Amsah, Adam, Faab, Remen (all Dutchies, all not that far from the Armada level) Zgetto beat Armada 3 months ago @ Smack with his scrubby, nurfed, random PAL Fox.
Aldwyn, Makenshi, Poilon, Inf', Luma etc. are on the next level.

That's pretty much Europe's 1337, but we suck so hard, just come over here and **** those random noobs, you will easily make a lot of money ;D

what im saying is, armada is hella good but don't expect the other people to beat m2k/mango/shiz like that.
Yeah, just like Armada won't make it out of pools/ place top 32, place top 10
(man, 75% of you said he won't get near top 10, don't do the same mistake again!)

[/fanboyism + angry about underestimating EurApe]

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
Over here at the suck continent with it's scrubby overhyped randoms:
Zgetto, Amsah, Adam, Faab, Remen (all Dutchies, all not that far from the Armada level) Zgetto beat Armada 3 months ago @ Smack with his scrubby, nurfed, random PAL Fox.
Aldwyn, Makenshi, Poilon, Inf', Luma etc. are on the next level.

That's pretty much Europe's 1337, but we suck so hard, just come over here and **** those random noobs, you will easily make a lot of money ;D

Yeah, just like Armada won't make it out of pools/ place top 32, place top 10
(man, 75% of you said he won't get near top 10, don't do the same mistake again!)

[/fanboyism + angry about underestimating EurApe]
Don't worry, more often than not Americans tend to be myopic.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Armada didn't get so **** by playing bad people.

that is all.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
amsah/nihojin used to be on the hub and we've talked a bit. hes a cool guy and a really good player. i'm not denying skill, i'm just saying armada is the best in europe, and i doubt if anyone from europe but him could get 2nd at genesis.

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol...what good will discussing 'underrated' players do...

They either show up at tournaments and place well or not...discussing who we think might do well or not isn't going to change anything, it's really up to the player themselves to prove something

It's not like we have a 'potentially good player fund' that would help them travel to tournaments lol

And we don't really need a thread to discuss who we think is underrated, they get discussed in almost every thread 'so and so is really good but he doesn't go to tournaments' or something along those lines

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Amsah pretty much stopped playing after ESA2 (I think it was because he couldn't find many players as good as him), but now that Armada started to beat him consistently, he's been training again, and I think he improved again.

To be quick, here are the beste players in some european countries :

Sweden :
Armada, Peach (well, now you know him)
Calle W, Falco (I think he was the last person to beat Armada, something like 6 monthes ago)

Netherlands :
Zgetto, Fox (took a set to Armada three monthes ago)
Amsah, Sheik
Adam, Sheik (as good as Amsah)
Remen, Fox (as good as Amsah and Adam. Fun fact : he jumps with the control stick)
Faab, Fox/Falco (a bit under the previous for, but still ******)

France :
Infernum, Jiggs Rondoudou
Makenshi, Marth (a bit rusty, but still awesome)
Poilon, Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/CF/Jiggs/etc (he will counterpick you no matter what :laugh:)
Baxon, Falco (not as good as the other 3, but still really good)

Spain :
Strawhat Dahean, Marth/Sheik : He's been improving recently, and did 3rd at ESA3, only losing to Armada and Amsah (and it was reaaaaaallt close against Amsah =p)
K12, Falco
Over, Sheik

Germany :
Luma, Sheik
(lives in Berlin, which is awesome)
kJaB, Falco (crazy regarding techskill)
Pamaro, CF
Ice, Sheik/Falco/Marth (I learned him how to DI and now he's too good :cool:)

Norway :
Tonberry (he totally messed up at Genesis, he really deserved to do well, though =/)

Italy :
Aldwyn, Falco (we don't see him often, but when he comes, he *****)

Remember that it's only the top of each country. Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot quite a few good people (my knowledge of the smash scenes in Finland, Norway and Sweden being to poor), but you already have some good names.

All the players listed here don't have the same level, though. If I had to rank the various countries, I'd place Sweden and the Netherlands at the top. Then, you'd probably have France then Norway, Germany and Spain (the last two having been improving a lot, recently). And then, I don't really know. I must say that even though I'm pretty confident about the top 3, my accuracy about others countries may be really low.

SDC

Smash Lord
this thread is pointless. really. it is. i dont mean to hate on people, but if anybody wants to not be underrated then start winning some tourneys. this thread is just gonna be a bunch of shoutouts and player vs player arguments. so arcnatural, instead of infracting me for saying "****" and "***" (censor dodging omfg) do your job and lock this thread.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell is Armada? ;)
i dont know, i heard he plays peach.

and this thread is generating discussion about melee, so why not leave it open? this is basically a thread to open americans eyes to who else might be good in the world. in response to sean, i mean people who are placing at tourneys elsewhere, but the us most likely doesn't know about them. of course these claims should be backed with evidence.

i think calle w could roll with mango, dashizwiz, zhu and the others

check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCd_sGSr59M

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
amsah/nihojin used to be on the hub and we've talked a bit. hes a cool guy and a really good player. i'm not denying skill, i'm just saying armada is the best in europe, and i doubt if anyone from europe but him could get 2nd at genesis.
The hub is still around?

SDC

Smash Lord
hmmm.... i'll stop hatin and shoutout mah own, althought the guy i was gonna give a shoutout to isn't as unknown anymore, cuz he got third at genesis lol

hbox is a pretty dam good jiggz, not sure if he's a household name yet though...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Axe was hella under rated, and under appreciated, until he proved himself at genesis. =

aztoogood. Too bad people from AZ keep quitting :\\\

Grunt

Smash Master
Jesse raeps
I heard he once beat silentspectre and then just got up and walked away.
SS shed his first tear that day.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Im actually gonna say it: Shroomed.

He's better than waffles(sorry brandon, it's true <3) and is constantly getting his **** on but people just don't seem to give him the credit he's earned.

Also, Dr. Peepee is mad good. Get at me son!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Jesse raeps
I heard he once beat silentspectre and then just got up and walked away.
SS shed his first tear that day.
**** yeah he doessssss.

He ***** me when I visited oregon

Except when I 4 stocked his luigi cause he ****ed up on YS 3 times <33333333333333

Tamoo

Smash Master
Underrated?

Dr Peepee.
QFT

not many ppl know bout the UK scene, partly cos its only just becoming interesting over here with lots of new talent coming through, but has been quite stale for a while beforehand.

Fuzzyness is constantly placing first in our tournaments, and has been for a while. Almost impossible to counterpick cos he uses many characters very competently, including shiek, falco, jiggs and marth.

Professor Pro is the only one that can ever challenge fuzzy, intensely technical fox and is very very good considering he has only really burst into quite recently. Improving all the time but unfortunately isnt able to travel abroad to tournaments, i presume because of his age :ohwell:

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Leave it to the mods to decide if this is pointless or not. -_-
Seriously, every thread that starts has 2 pages of people arguing whether or not it is a good thread or not. Just LEAVE IT TO THE MODS.

Anyway, I'm going to base my underrated players off of past threads (especially the top 20 players thread that got closed) and the results of genesis.

So for one, Zhu. That guy is mad good and people from the EC weren't giving him any respect cuz he gets ***** by Mango all the time. But when Zhu plays other people, HE *****. And of course he took down M2K and many others to get 4th at Genesis.

Two players that I never gave enough respect to were Hax and Scar. Scar ***** Genesis SO hard. And Hax was top 10. I did not see that coming at all.

I was also quite glad that Hbox did really well, but I wouldn't necessarily say he's underrated.
And Darc did pretty well too. Underrated imo. I was really hoping he was going to beat Shiz in the Winner's bracket, and he was really close.

I think West Coast as a whole was underrated a lot before Genesis. People were saying that people from Cali besides Mango should not be in a top 20 players list. Genesis speaks for itself.

Peace!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
While I'm on the subject of AZ, I'm going to have to hype up Jetfour, and Gamerguitarist7, both Falcon mains from AZ.

While GamerGuitarist7 hasn't had the time/money to travel, Forward's been thoroughly convinced he's either on par with Scar, and Hax, if not slightly better. After Axe played both, and returned to Tucson, he stated that he had a much harder time with our local Falcon players than the EC Falcon mains.

There are plenty of videos of both players against Axe and Forward in friendlies, and in weeklies/tournaments for a decent evaluation of their skill on various YT accounts (Mine, V3ctormans, and GG7's. I think Axe has a YT account with videos, but I don't remember, lawl.)

Vman, and GG7's videos are a bit dated, but mine have alot of footage of both players, and around 80-ish matches of GG7 while he's stoned (Entertaining as hell. I suggest watching a few of these, if only for entertainment purposes.)

As a closing note; Axe came into Tucson for our weeklies on monday and was beating Forward when he was sober, then proceeded to wreck him after Forward decided to get baked out of his mind with GG7. Lol. Kid's getting mad good fast.

strawhats

Smash Master
Does Hawaii have any ridiculously good people, south america any unknown prodigies, and many more untapped regions that no one really talks about. It would be sick if we could all have a international tourney way bigger than Genesis, w/. other regions of the world sending their best players. Like Middle East, Costa Rica , Panama, Africa, Europe of course, Central America, North America, Mexico(gotta love those twins), New Mexico( Magic tricks is the ****). If this was ever possible, each nationn/region would send out their top 10 players from each country. That **** would literally have over 9000 easy. Problem is. No venue is that large to hold that many people and for how long could the Hosts maintain a tourney of the international scale.

P.S. this has always been a dream of mine, but I know that It may never happen due to distances and lack of people from unknown regions in the smash melee scene. Also the economy sucks.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Blunted_Object10 is a really underrated player outside of Canada. =P Dieslow as well.

Spife

Smash Master
I like reading all of this for I know nothing of smash scenes outside of the US.
But I think my best response would have to be that the US usually underestimates people traveling from other countries to play smash here. I don't know how long Armada's flight was, but I'm sure he wasn't going to go to Genesis if he thought he wasn't going to make it out of pools.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Does Hawaii have any ridiculously good people?
Well, we have Luigi Ka-Master now. I think he's underrated. He didn't go to Genesis, but I wish he did. He could have done really well. He doesn't travel that much so it's hard to make a good assessment of how well he'd do. When he was in WA, he was extremely consistent and I'm pretty sure he's never going to lose here in Hawaii.

We also have other good people like Shoyo and Firefly. Shoyo has been consistent since I've been paying attention to results of Melee tournaments, but Melee is kinda dead here, so idk. But he really needs to travel OOS to a big tournament and ****.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Dr Peepee. He even beat ChuDat. Look him up on Youtube. He has a super legit Falco.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Im actually gonna say it: Shroomed.

He's better than waffles(sorry brandon, it's true <3) and is constantly getting his **** on but people just don't seem to give him the credit he's earned.
I think so too, although it is difficult for me to judge because I've never played either of them.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
an relatively unknown legend exists in the frozen wastelands of alaska.. i speak only of lunaris, smash master of alaska
look up lunaris vs eggz on youtube

Top Bottom