• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other underrated players besides Armada

SDC

Smash Lord
Im actually gonna say it: Shroomed.

He's better than waffles(sorry brandon, it's true <3) and is constantly getting his **** on but people just don't seem to give him the credit he's earned.

Also, Dr. Peepee is mad good. Get at me son!
*gasp* 0_0 blasphemy....

jk i agree shroomed is underrated, and unnecessarily hated on lol (listen to waffles commentary:laugh:). i dont know if he's better then brandon, (brandon at least combos better imo) but he is pretty dam good, if not even with brandon, and he does seem to consistently finish better in tourneys then brandon.
forget SS vs darkrain, i wish waffles vs shroomed would have happened, it would have been at least entertaining (can you imagine the trashtalking between waffles and shroomed before/during/after the match lol? forget commentary, i would want to put a mic on those two :chuckle:).

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Im actually gonna say it: Shroomed.

He's better than waffles(sorry brandon, it's true <3) and is constantly getting his **** on but people just don't seem to give him the credit he's earned.

Also, Dr. Peepee is mad good. Get at me son!
THIS THIS THIS. Look at him at Genesis FFS.

In America: Dr PeePee, Shroomed, Raistlin, any Falcon main other then SS and DR. Also, call me crazy, but I think a lot of people still don't get how ridiculously good Jman is (IMO 4th in the world).
In Canada: Unknown (seriously, why has everyone heard of Raynex and this guy doesn't get the credit deserved?)and Vwins.
In Europe: Zgetto (Amsah's not really underrated) and Remen.

Also, why does everyone hate on Shroomed? Is he just a **** in real life or something?

But more then absoloutely anyone else, Darc.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Also, call me crazy, but I think a lot of people still don't get how ridiculously good Jman is (IMO 4th in the world).
In Canada: Unknown (seriously, why has everyone heard of Raynex and this guy doesn't get the credit deserved?)and Vwins.
I'm pretty sure people get that JMan is very good. I don't think Mango could beat JMan without Jiggs. But if you're going to say "in the world" I'll say 5th because Armada is now in front of JMan and DSW imo. I'll say Mango, Armada/M2K, Shiz, JMan.

Also, I love wathcing SPOC 7 (i think) where Mango ***** VWins in the first game. He shines Peach off the top at like 45% and the commentators are just like WTF and Scar is in the background saying "THAT WAS ****ING ******** MANGO!"

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
THIS THIS THIS. Look at him at Genesis FFS.

In America: Dr PeePee, Shroomed, Raistlin, any Falcon main other then SS and DR. Also, call me crazy, but I think a lot of people still don't get how ridiculously good Jman is (IMO 4th in the world).
In Europe: Zgetto (Amsah's not really underrated) and Remen.

Also, why does everyone hate on Shroomed? Is he just a **** in real life or something?

But more then absoloutely anyone else, Darc.
Darc? You mean Clod Zero?
only dark will get that joke

And shroomed is hella cool, no one really hates him but man if you heard this fool talk, he's got like, the most hilarious voice ever. And it's not that it sounds strange or anything, it's just so out of place. He's from Oakland(?) but he sounds like he was born in Oklahoma. And it's just so much fun to say "Im the best docta mario in the world."

He is hella legit though, like no joke best Doc main out there. Take THAT Dougysamich.

unknown522

Some guy
i think lots of canadians are underated, with the exception of like raynex and kage, people really sleep on canada.
thanks.

Not to boast or anything, but I think Myself, Europhoria and a lot of west coast Canada are really underrated (Blunted object, FalseFalco, Hitsuguya and a couple of others). The other canadians have a lot of recognition already. We're not top level, but we're pretty good.

A lot of West Coast US players, got recognition.

No offense to Kage, but he's actually overrated. He's not bad or anything, but he get's more hype than he deserves. I still respect him as a player and tearing **** up sometimes with ganon. But there's random bad stuff as well, that'll take too long to mention. We'll just call one of them the "puff player syndrome".

Also, Scar is definitely underrated. He got an easy bracket at Genesis, but he's still really good.

Edit:

Also, why does everyone hate on Shroomed? Is he just a **** in real life or something
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. (actual reason is because he placed better at 2 out of 3 US tourneys we've been to together).

I didn't know Vwins was underrated. Everyone seems to know how good he his.

Shroomed is legit. I didn't know he was actually underrated by players.

Darc is legit. He and Mango are the only puff players that I truely respect. They can play the game without cherrypicking off of mistakes all the time. They can play other characters as well.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Darc is legit. He and Mango are the only puff players that I truely respect. They can play the game without cherrypicking off of mistakes all the time. They can play other characters as well.
i dont know if that was a shot at hungry, but I think hungry is insanely good even though he plays gay sometimes. i guess winning 3rd place at the biggest melee tournament isn't enough to warant respect. sigh

the most underated is probably
rockcrock

Luma

Smash Lord
Underatted smasher? kJaB. :)

lol def not

i 2-0'd him so easily it wasnt even funny, even though he is playing like every day while i dont even have a melee disc anymore

and lol @ people pointing out my name xDD

srsly, i suck, give the credit to ice, this mofo just needs to get his act up while he is playing a tournament and stop beeing good only at monthlies and friendlies

dieslow

Smash Ace
canada is prob the most underrated region. im most impressed by dr. peeepee's falco, judging from vids (lol)

keeper

Smash Champion
Axe: Amazing.
Juce/Jesse: Oregon love. Jesse is the most unconventional player ever and the only I've ever met that doesn't like to win.
Dieslow: Good. >_>
Blunted_Object10: Good. >_>
HungryBox: Is shadowed by Mango too much.
Dr. Peepee: Needs more recognition for his Falco.
Diakonos (Manli): Beat the **** out of Kage at Tourney Play and a really solid player.
Unknown522: I saw a video of him and was like "WHO IS THIS GUY?" and he owned.
Zhu: One of the best Falcos I've ever seen. I don't think he gets enough credit.
Tope: Get Tope Chased.
C!Z: Up and coming Washington player.
Romeo: Why had I not heard of him prior to Genesis?
Eggz: He's been around for so long and is actually so good. Seriously, Shane *****.

I agree about Scar. He's known, and really good, but not recognized for being as good as he is.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
C!Z: Up and coming Washington player.
Interesting that you mention him. He's definitely good. Best DI I've ever played against. Now that's not saying much/anything, but still.

He and Kaos gave me a ride to my first WA tournament and I didn't even realize it was him. I thought he was just some random dude until I started playing friendlies with him and he won the tournament.

Tero.

Smash Champion
For Europe I'd say: Calle W, A-D, Zgetto, Aldwyn, Makenshi, Dahean
Amsah is still underrated after so many years ... oh and there are many more... Ice, Faab, Poilon, kJaB, Broken Bone, Over, Fuzzyness, can't even list them all.

Europe has many great players.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Wouldn't the players named in this thread turn out to be a contradiction? It's hard to distinguish underrated players if their Fox, Falco and Sheik mains. B&B of those characters make the better players and novices look the same in skill when it comes to vids. Let's face it, almost everyone is technical now.

Players like Vanz and XIF could be really good if they played more players with different play styles. They're already real good. Everytime I played them I've felt there's potential for more with these two.

People saying Dr.Peepee are nuts. Everyone knows he's danm good.

Kage is underrated except maybe on the Ganon boards. What makes him good is he doesn't destroy his momentum by over shielding. For playing such a slow character without utilizing techs as much as he could he stays aggressive most of the match. You have to have good reaction time to play like that and he's bound to develop into a clutch player if he isn't already.

Axe is awesome. Somebody please chain grab him next tourney. Gotta remind him why his character is low tier. :uzi:

On to the real underdogs.

Spider's Ganon, Will's C.Falcon, Smilez' Fox and G$' Marth. Relatively unknown but if they stay in the scene that'll change. Will doesn't even play Melee like that but the skills are there.

-Who isn't good nowadays?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Lol, calle, adam, zgetto, aldwyn, and dahean are not under rated. they're all easily top 15 in europe.

ice fuzzyness kjab and broken bone are pretty under rated though

A lot of people don't know about them in america though, thats for sure.
I'm not talking about underated in Europe but in the US.
Armada wasn't underrated in Europe either ...

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
an relatively unknown legend exists in the frozen wastelands of alaska.. i speak only of lunaris, smash master of alaska
look up lunaris vs eggz on youtube
i saw some vids from 2007, dam nice stuff, got any recent vids of this lunaris fellow?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhQJbrSDkI

quality is bad
btw im the fox, and he doesn't main peach, or even second or tertiary her.

also if you thought he was good in those vs eggz videos, hes a lot better, i would know, hes number 1 in alaska, and im pretty much number 2, meaning we play each other all the time.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
kJab isn't underrated, he's just flashy and technical as ****. Concentrate more on European spacies that are actually smart e.g. Zgetto and Remen (I know I said them already, but I love those two).

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Trees is probably one of the best Falcons I've ever played against in my entire life and he's practically unknown. I'd say he's at least on par with Scar. He's the one that teamed with Elen in Too Manly For Brawl 1 and 2. And yes, he does do that kind of crazy stuff in real matches (minus the other Falcon of course).

I think the only reason no one knows him is that he's not on Smashboards (well, he made an account for when they put up Too Manly for Brawl 2, but posted like once or something).

Scar

#HarveyDent
there are a ton of really fast, really good falcons vs bad players

then when they play vs good people they get assraped

soooo mm

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I think another very underrated player is Shu from Japan. He recently beat Captain Jack in a Shiek ditto and is now considered the best Shiek in Japan. I think he would **** a lot of America pros and he may have the best Shiek in the world.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
No, I think Shu has a better Shiek than Amsah. Although really is unfair to compare a Pal Shiek to NSTC shiek. I imagine that the two players would end up beating each other depending on the version their playing.

Tero.

Smash Champion
No, I think Shu has a better Shiek than Amsah.
Just like Cort, XIF, DoH, PC, M2K, Mikael, Mike G, every other american Peach player has a better Peach than Armada?

Yeah I see how much truth there is in the thoughts of most people.
Wait until the next big US/EU encounter and everybody's going to hype Amsah almost as much as they hype Armada now.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Neasala, but he's really not underrated lol, just not known at all outside of Scandinavia. Now he's probably Scandinavia's (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark) 3rd best player after Armada and Calle W. Too bad there's barely footage of him on Youtube. Falcon player btw.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Just like Cort, XIF, DoH, PC, M2K, Mikael, Mike G, every other american Peach player has a better Peach than Armada?

Yeah I see how much truth there is in the thoughts of most people.
Wait until the next big US/EU encounter and everybody's going to hype Amsah almost as much as they hype Armada now.
I never said any of them had a better Peach than Armada. In Shu's case however he has actually proven himself to be above Captain Jack's Shiek. Which is something no NTSC player has come close to doing.

unknown522

Some guy
i dont know if that was a shot at hungry, but I think hungry is insanely good even though he plays gay sometimes. i guess winning 3rd place at the biggest melee tournament isn't enough to warant respect. sigh

the most underated is probably
rockcrock
I didn't take a shot at him

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I never said any of them had a better Peach than Armada. In Shu's case however he has actually proven himself to be above Captain Jack's Shiek. Which is something no NTSC player has come close to doing.
Your telling me you can't think of any American Sheik that has come close to Captain Jack's Sheik? Truly?

I may be tooting USA horn right now but I can think of one. And it's not M2k (even tough I'm pretty sure both M2k and Captain Jack would consider themselves both great players).

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I didn't take a shot at him
Jack would own you.

@Tero: As great as Armada is, I'm not convinced he is better than Mikael. Remember that at the Jack Garden Tournament, the American players couldn't beat him. He defeated both Ken and Isai(****) and I'm pretty sure he beat Silent Spectre as well

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Jack would own you.

@Tero: As great as Armada is, I'm not convinced he is better than Mikael. Remember that at the Jack Garden Tournament, the American players couldn't beat him. He defeated both Ken and Isai(****) and I'm pretty sure he beat Silent Spectre as well
I'll just go ahead and say I'm pretty sure KDJ deserves some respect in terms of being a top Sheik, while I'm not sure if he had the consistency of Captain Jack, there was a point in his prime where he was untouchable.

You forget that at that very tournament, Mikael never made it to the finals, it was Ken and Bombsoldier. And when Bombsoldier came to the states while he did ok he didn't do nearly as well as Armada did. I don't know how Mikael got knocked out, but he was.

Plus this was way too long ago to consider for the standing for who is better now. If you have more recent results of him say beating other Japanese players at recent tournaments would be more beneficial to your cause.

Luma

Smash Lord
cj got owned by amsah the last couple times they played

japanase players just arent as good as they used to be, just thing about how armada ***** masashi before he went in hyper-**** mode

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Trees is probably one of the best Falcons I've ever played against in my entire life and he's practically unknown. I'd say he's at least on par with Scar. He's the one that teamed with Elen in Too Manly For Brawl 1 and 2. And yes, he does do that kind of crazy stuff in real matches (minus the other Falcon of course).

I think the only reason no one knows him is that he's not on Smashboards (well, he made an account for when they put up Too Manly for Brawl 2, but posted like once or something).
LOL wow, definitely unknown to me. He should travel more so I have a chance to see him.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
canada is prob the most underrated region. im most impressed by dr. peeepee's falco, judging from vids (lol)
Hopefully I can impress with you with more vids from HERB 2 bro. =p

We should play sometime man. You making it to TO5 or Pound 4?

Also, a Falco that is very underground(Chops reminded me of him actually haha) but **** is Rice. That dude is too good.

Edit: I figured everyone saw my matches vs Chu on Youtube lol(meaning I'm surprised I'm underrated. I'm not amazing by any means though). I wish I went to Genesis......

Top Bottom