• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On a scale of 1-10...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
4/10, with 2/10 being a typical online, spamming noob.

My reaction time is terrible, I suck at reading opponents unless I'm playing a spammer or my sister, and I personally fall into patterns easily.

However, I do have a lot of info floating around my head about various match-ups and various Ike tricks, all of that info I'm slowly introducing into my game. For example, I have most of Ike's grab-releases firmly in my head, as well as a good number of stage CPs for various characters. I also have jab-canceling down to the point where it's second nature. I'm also starting to get an idea of what characters you can get the most jabs in during one string. For example: You can easily get as many as 4 jabs in on Ness if you plan to finish the full combo after the 4th jab (as in 1-2-1-2-3). This probably goes for Lucas as well.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I would 4- 5.5/10. Mainly because I use Ike a lot as a secondairy, but I'm not really that much of a high level of play.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
5.5. I play very technical when my opponent's at low %, but at higher damage, killing can be a pain.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol you have to main ike or at least second main ike to be over 5/10

for myself i still say im 6/10 D:,honest ranking,not ego ranking lol
i've pretty much mastered jab canceling
racking up 0-40% on big characters ftw :laugh:
jab jab,back throw, is one of my commonly used

still need to work on that spacing tho lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol i'm not saying i'm bad at spacing D:
but there's always room for improvement lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I use to be an 8/10 when I first played him on E for All and when I got Brawl in the US, but since I saw him used almost everywhere I go, I stop using him and my skills got less with him, now he's a 6/10.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
6.5 -7.5

Pretty average if you ask me
If you still consider yourself around there, then I am a 3...you're too good. The lack of tournies, wifi only, not many matches of you on the internetz, and inability to make decent posts about Ike tactics have led me to believe that you are better than me.

Side note, Ren went to his first offline tourny, placed 9th, while Kirk placed 15th if I recall correctly. Just another example that wifi experience can help. It's just a matter of adapting to offline.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
. Just another example that wifi experience can help.
THis has always been true....it's just people that make you believe that it isn't
Anyone can go to real competitions and possibly place well with only wifi experience

people who disagree with wifi are just...i don't even know why they argue about it o.O lol

some things are impossible to do on wifi though

but yea,it is a good example:p

KevKK

Smash Rookie
i would personally rate my own ike at about 5 since, i have a horrible habit to be over aggressive so my ike has to adapt to the flow of battle and usually gets mixed up and gets killed in my own confusion. I dont use enough aerials which numbs me down. lets see, spacing with my QD isnt horrible but i use it as an attack when on ledges as a way to clear the area so thers a few points. My killing is often more of pound pound pound sidestep, check behind me if i'm going to be smashed, no? okay then pound again, tilt ko. There are major flaws in that but thats the main thing that others see my ike as so i should try to be more balanced and become a bit more defensive....which is going to be impossible.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Probably a 4/10 or so. He might be worse since I just started him so Idk

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't like the idea of rating myself... but I'd say between 5/10 and 6/10. There are a lot of aspects I still have to master. I can jab cancel but I don't mix up my jab game enough. I don't use my grab game well, I usually get impulsive when I grab someone and end up doing a dthrow or something. I can space pretty well, I'll give myself that, and I know the metagame mostly, but I just don't have the reflexes or the ability to know what to do in what situations.

I could probably wax eloquent about how to play Ike masterfully because I've seen it done and I've read all the guides... but I can't play him masterfully myself, far from it.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
All i can really work on is DI, MU experience, and using more Nair over fair so id say a 6 or 7 :ohwell:

Edit: 7 at my peak, 6 on a normal day.. i feel like im playing a 3 right now :/
penta put me in my place XD im decent but not great :p

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
I could probably wax eloquent about how to play Ike masterfully because I've seen it done and I've read all the guides... but I can't play him masterfully myself, far from it.
I believe it really takes a mix of things not just what a guide says no matter how helpful it sounds. :| My Ike became much better when I became less predictable and more efficient at using jabs/aerials. My most important factor was mindgaming with smashs and using them at random timing particularly our laggy F-Smash.

Like others I don't enjoy rating myself. But nonetheless I'll just give out my own scale from what I think I achieved so far. 7/10 possibly, not all too sure may be inaccurate because I usually don't do this. I've learned a lot, but I know there is still a lot more to go. With better controlling and DI and some other stuff I think I'll be going fine on good ratings with Ike.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I used to be maybe a 6, but as of now, I'm a 4 at best. I haven't Brawled offline at tournaments or against other good players offline in a really long time.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I used to be maybe a 6, but as of now, I'm a 4 at best. I haven't Brawled offline at tournaments or against other good players offline in a really long time.
Yah now that I consider it, I'm probably closer to a 7 on WiFi and maybe a 4 offline. I play a lot more online than offline and as a result I can never get in the habit of improving my jab-canceling, because it's just not worth it online with lag. I could probably improve much faster if we had more local tourneys where I live...

:034:

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
If Nysyarc is 7 online, I'm pretty sure I'm a 6 compared to him.

I just try to do whatever he does. I still need to learn better spacing to not get shield grabbed. For some reason I keep HITTING with Quick Draw...

Top Bottom