• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On a scale of 1-10...

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I'd say right now, I'm a 3 or a 4 (no joke here) cause I'm just starting out with Ike. But I'm hoping to working my way up to about a 7.5 or 8 in the near future.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
no tourney experience: it is impossible to get past 4/10
you don't reach the "halfway" point when you cross the line between casual and competitive.
anyone who has actually played will tell you the same

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I would give myself a 3.5.

Heck I just went to my first smash weekly on Saturday, I was demolished but at least I put up a fight. I still have a lot to work on. But for the most part I saw the kind of competitors that I'm going to be up against in the future and how to better myself.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
5.5/10. Just average.
And I don't think Ike is cheap. Yeah, he has some killer moves at really low damage (Fsmash,etc) but those are extremely easy to dodge and punish. It's all about how much you can hit with Ike, without getting punished as much.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Just watch me make a 'combo' video and become an instant idol >.>

No offense to those who have made them, but they do have that kind of affect on some people xD

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
me too I'm gana make another acount called welikekirk and start the kirk fan club whos with me!?

I really wonder why comboking thinks kirk isn't even close to silven? He said before he doesn't have wifi so that means he hasn't fought either of them at silvens last uploaded fight was 2 months

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
9/10

Still haven't seen a lot of video who really abuse the jab cancel like I do... I wish I could show what I can do, but I don't even know how to do them video things... Please PM me a shopping list (let it not be internet shopping though)

IF4MF

Smash Rookie
My Ike would probably be around a 4.5/10. I can't really judge my skill level too good, because WiFi's not so good at that, and level 9's don't do that either... I just know I need to improve on spot dodging, and approaching. Spacing's there for me though. I still have a lot of room to grow though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
O.o ehhh... It seems I've misread the OP. I thought it said "Rate Ike" but now I see it says "Rate your Ike." Please ignore my post as it doesn't belong here.

2/10

The reason why I say this is because like so many other slow characters he depend on his opponent to make mistakes in order to win.

He can't combo because of how much knock back he has on all of his moves, he's unable to effectively follow up anything including his throws, and he has poor approaches.

Ike strength lies in his defensive play but because of his speed and lack of projectiles he can be easily force to approach.

Now because of Ike size and speed most Ike’s will travel toward their opponent by jumping but doing so make Ike very predictable. This predictability puts his opponent on the defensive even more in favor to knock Ike away or proceed to combo him once he enter range.

Mix all of this with his poor recovery and you got yourself 2/10 score.

The only reason why he’s not 1/10 is because no one can play flawlessly so Ike can score a couple of good hits which usually means death.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'll put myself as....8/10.

I've placed top 10 in several SoCal tourneys, and that was before I started playing how I do now (Better. ;P).

I'm a strict non-WiFi Ike, btw. There's some videos of me up on youtube, but they're pretty old. Once I get back home (I'm out of country atm) I can use the new camcorder I got (It can do live-feed from TVs) I can record some friendlies/tourney matches.

Oh, and by the way, I think I'm good enough to be onpar with Silven and MAYBE (Stretching it here...) Kirk.

Kirk > Silven.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
6/10

He's far from a difficult match-up for me, but whenever I face him, I know that my errors are a lot more fatal against him than most of the cast.

EDIT: Missed the "your." -_-

1/10. I got the basics down and I know how to space myself... but I suck hardcore with Ike anyway.

Timmyftw

Smash Rookie
I'd say I was about 9/10 with my Ike.
I find it hard to find any new tactics on Ike other then what I already can do.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
7 :\ I need to step my game up

Edit: ^ Ike has no tactics, just swing his sword. Seriously, that's most of brawl anyways, swing your sword/body/energy around with intelligence.

metroid1117

Smash Master
7 :\ I need to step my game up

Edit: ^ Ike has no tactics, just swing his sword. Seriously, that's most of brawl anyways, swing your sword/body/energy around with intelligence.
Ike has the Boost Toss, but that's pretty much it.

I thought I posted here a couple of months ago, but apparently I didn't. I think I'm a 7 or 7.5 now.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Old thread, but why not.

I would rate myself as a 4 or so out of 10.
My Ike is beyond noobish, but it can always be better.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
10 (Perfection) minus:

-1 Offline match-up inexperience for a few members of the cast, mostly low tier.

-1 Poor SDI coupled with decent reaction time and DI means some things hit me that shouldn't have.

-.5 I sometimes use Down Smash and Counter.

-.5 Might occasionally forget to jab cancel and reverse Aether.

= 7 / 10, so basically "good but not fantastic".

It's not incorrigible, thankfully.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
6-7/10

Sometimes I am very repetitive and I have not yet mastered DI completelly, and everyone knows how important DI is in brawl.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Umm...I'd probably say 7/10 as well. I'm definitely better than your average Ike. However, I'm not too sure if I could win against a pro player, (Because I'm tournament deprived.) but I think that I can definitely put up a good fight against anyone I face. Overall though I'd say that I'm good, but I need improvement in some areas.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Umm...I'd probably say 7/10 as well. I'm definitely better than your average Ike. However, I'm not too sure if I could win against a pro player, (Because I'm tournament deprived.) but I think that I can definitely put up a good fight against anyone I face. Overall though I'd say that I'm good, but I need improvement in some areas.
How much deprived?

That is, if you don't mind me asking that....

Anyway, the Ike boards are dead.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
6/10
i'm getting used to his jab canceling
but need work on his overall"mind games" and such
also need to work on that recovery kill,sorry i dont know what it's called

alot of work to be done:/

Top Bottom