• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I don't think any of the out of staters cared about their sandbaggin bringing down their rank in the TX Pr...

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Exactly, people sand bagging= an inaccurate PR. I think we should just leave it alone.

Zac has an amazing program that works. If it doesn't fit the criteria then it doesn't fit the criteria, simple as that.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Oh i agree, just saying that might be some peoples argument for not making it count because they didn't know. I don't know what the criteria is for something to count on this.
It's been pretty well stated that pools count slightly less than bracket matches.

I don't know how hard that is to miss.

Pools count slightly less, so there's less pressure.
When there is less pressure, when it doesn't count as much, people are going to give up matches, that's just how it is.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I can see why people would sandbag in pools. Lets say the player only plays for money, and knows that by not going all out, he could make it out of pools and still win the tournament and accomplish the same goal as he would have with going all out in pools. But with less effort. If players want to go all out in pools, thats perfectly fine as well. Its really the players choice.. but counting pools matches equally as bracket matches is just wrong. Pools is clearly to determine seed and a good way to weed out lesser skilled players, giving them a chance to play plenty of sets.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think going your main would take less effort than going someone you don't play a lot. Most people sandbag by using different characters

Reizilla

It's not just going other characters, it's throwing sets, particularly after a seed has been secured, which happens often.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
He's saying some cities throw more tourneys than others, therefore players from SA will naturally have more points (cause they trade more often) than a place that has less tournies.

It would be possible to scale it, but it's tricky and I'm not sure what the algorithm would look like.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Can't say for sure, but at least in this month, we're gonna have had three events by the end of this weekend, while Houston's only had...one?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Please send all TIO files to Xyro.

He fixes them up for me (cause there are always problems with people's names being spelled incorrectly, refer to the pr list on the first page for correct spellings).

EDIT: As of now, I do not have a tio file for DMT 5, Whobo 3, or Revolution.

Reizilla

Can I get like (super sandbagger) next to my name or something? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom