• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Just wanted to comment good **** to everyone involved in this. I love stats like these.

I had a lot of questions but they've all been answered by reading through the thread lol. Saw this mentioned a little while back but I would definitely be in support of splitting some of the larger areas (e.g. Norcal/Socal).

http://ssbpd.com/player/Darren
The 4 most recent sets (GO3) are me so could you please change that?

Also, minor thing but could someone remove the caps from my name? Dem capital letters be ugly...

Thanks in advance!

Andy Lawliet

Smash Cadet
If im searching for a Player Name it says "no matches" and gives me a whole List with names similar to the one im searching even tho the name exist (and was spelt correctly)

Edit: it would be nice if Match results (if available) would be displayed. Like "Win (2-1) over xy"

Also if youre looking at player Page would be nice to see (latest) Results. (chronological)
Like "2. at Apex (Date)"
"3. At Genesis (Date)"

Also assigning Tournaments to regions. And a List like there is for players.

Oh and it would be so cool if you could add Youtube Videos to the Match History

Just some suggestions

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
How did they do? I saw Prime's fb status saying he went
Haha...we beat everyone we played at 1302 and under and lost to everyone we played 1450 and over. Not a bad reintroduction to the scene after being gone for 3 years for me, I think 4 or 5 for Squared! Teams went surprisingly well also. Was extremely fun! I can't see myself getting regularly involved again, but neither can I see myself disappearing until FC. We'll still get out there sometime again, we both love this game too much.

EDIT: I will say that I have a lot more hope for the old guys now than I did when I announced FC. I kind of figured most of us would be out by the halfway point of FC, but now I'm a bit more optimistic that a few of us might sneak into the top quarter of the field. Hardly a resounding proclamation.

john!

Smash Hero
juggleguy is 1450? sveet is 1415?

and vino is 1230?!

holy ****, wisconsin needs to travel more... we are lazy as **** lol

edit: i'm actually a little mad now... going through some of the rankings... they're really seeding FC using this?

Bones0

Smash Legend
FC is a long way off. If the rankings haven't worked themselves out by then, they can seed it themselves. It won't be a big deal.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
im 1415? What tourney got added that i dropped 15 points!?

also, my ranking is going up to at least 1600 this summer, don't worry john

KishPrime

BRoomer
I never said we were seeding FC exclusively using this.

That said, it's a useful tool, one of many we'll use. I doubt there will be much room for complaint.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so I was looking over my match history and it says I attended Winter Game Fest VI, but I actually didn't attend that. I'm 99% sure that another Connor entered that tournament. I never lost to sidefx or jun there since I didn't go to that tournament lol. Is there any way to fix that?

- ConnorTheKid

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Big mistake with S2J's results at Apex 2012:

Loss to SmashMac - 1291 at APEX 2012 (Match History) - 01/08/2012
Win over Gar - 1267 at APEX 2012 (Match History) - 01/08/2012
Loss to jpeg image - 1326 at APEX 2012 (Match History) - 01/08/2012

He didn't lose to SmashMac and jpeg image, he beat both of them (evident by the fact that he made it into second round pools, then bracket). The results were recorded incorrectly.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I noticed a few things that are incorrect.

Thanks for running this thing. It's looking great.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
so I was looking over my match history and it says I attended Winter Game Fest VI, but I actually didn't attend that. I'm 99% sure that another Connor entered that tournament. I never lost to sidefx or jun there since I didn't go to that tournament lol. Is there any way to fix that?

- ConnorTheKid
That was San Diego's Connor, who plays Falco, IIRC. I talked to him a bit.

KishPrime

BRoomer
FCD is live now! Wow. Lots and lots of matches.

The brackets are missing right now, but we're hoping to reconstruct what we can.

Varist

Smash Lord
3 Falcos and 2 Sheiks in the top 10. ease of play wins guys :D

and 10 different characters are represented in the top 20

most popular characters of the top 50 is fox at 12, falco at 8, sheik at 7, falcon at 6, peach at 5, marth at 4

and then a ****ing luigi

i love ssbpd omgomg

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its not effecting everyone, amsah and mango both are using current, but Zhu, M2K, Kels and others are going by Peak Elo

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
so top 10 elo list is of players' best elo correct? was this intentional?
it's latest elo. this is only even a concern because of tournaments getting processed out of order. the confusion can happen like so:
1) I am at 1000 elo and i had a tournament 2 months ago and a tournament last weekend uploaded
2) Someone uploads a tournament from 1 month ago at which i beat a bunch of people that bumps my elo up to 1100
3) this bump goes on the graph as being from a month ago because the graph has knowledge of dates
4) since it's the latest information i have about me, it also goes next to my name.

e.g. we just uploaded a tournament from 2007 at which m2k beat kdj, etc, which was a nice bump for him.

This is probably going to stop happening soon because it's annoying and confusing. i plan to put in some safeguards so only new tournaments get processed when they're uploaded and others have to wait for a full recalculation.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I just encountered an error on the page...
If I go to regions, and select germany i get the error.
Other countries work, even comparing (sweden vs Germany) works, but only viewing germany does not. Dont know if other countries may be affected too.

here's the error:[COLLAPSE="error"]
Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
SSBPD.ViewModels.RegionViewPlayer..ctor(Player p) in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SSBPD - Take 2\SSBPD\ViewModels\RegionGroupViewModel.cs:24
SSBPD.ViewModels.RegionGroupViewModel..ctor(IEnumerable`1 regions, IEnumerable`1 players) in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SSBPD - Take 2\SSBPD\ViewModels\RegionGroupViewModel.cs:49
SSBPD.Controllers.RegionController.RegionGroup() in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SSBPD - Take 2\SSBPD\Controllers\RegionController.cs:57
lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +208
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +55
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8966925
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272[/COLLAPSE]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mistake with Gio's match history:

Loss to Mundungu - 1264 at SMYM 13 (Match History) - 03/10/2012
Loss to Meneks - 1191 at SMYM 13 (Match History) - 03/10/2012
Loss to Ford - 1164 at SMYM 13 (Match History) - 03/10/2012
Loss to Captain Pron - 1157 at SMYM 13 (Match History) - 03/10/2012

All these matches from SMYM 13 are for a player named GiovanniG, not Gio.

Varist

Smash Lord
**** yeah, all those guys m2k grinded forever are rocketing him the **** up

back to top 3 like he should be

Top Bottom