• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
On LoZ reps:
A list of possible new LoZ reps would most likely include:

Toon Zelda/Tetra
Toon Ganondorf
Vaati
Tingle
Wolf Link+Midna
Masks Link
Linebeck

There may be someone I forgot.

Of those, Tingle is the most likely choice, and Linebeck would only be playable if someone got Sakurai really, really drunk. I would like to see Vaati as a a boss, as LoZ is the only franchise from the big three not to have one. I predict Tingle, but the slot could easily go to Toon Zelda. Plus there's a very good chance of a character from a new Zelda game stealing the spot from Tingle.

I believe that at E3, some art of Link without a sword was shown. This may be minor, but if it is not, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a Sword/No Sword transformation for Link, similar to Samus/ZSS.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
On LoZ reps:
A list of possible new LoZ reps would most likely include:

Toon Zelda/Tetra
Toon Ganondorf
Vaati
Tingle
Wolf Link+Midna
Masks Link
Linebeck

There may be someone I forgot.

Of those, Tingle is the most likely choice, and Linebeck would only be playable if someone got Sakurai really, really drunk. I would like to see Vaati as a a boss, as LoZ is the only franchise from the big three not to have one. I predict Tingle, but the slot could easily go to Toon Zelda. Plus there's a very good chance of a character from a new Zelda game stealing the spot from Tingle.

I believe that at E3, some art of Link without a sword was shown. This may be minor, but if it is not, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a Sword/No Sword transformation for Link, similar to Samus/ZSS.
Or it could be like Brawl, and no new Zelda Reps are present (Toon link is Young link in a new skin)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is Tingle popular in Japan?
Yes.

Is Smash made in Japan?
Yes.

If Sakurai was making Smash with the US being the first thing in mind, not Japan, then we would have had Roy as the main FE character, not Marth, and we would have had the grey and white R.O.B as default, would we not?

Smash is made for Japan, with the US as a second thought. If Japan likes Tingle, then he's got a good chance of getting in.
Take the Ouendan characters, they have a better chance to get in Smash before their American counterparts, the Elite Beat Agents do, as they are from Japan, where the game is made.

In other words, Tingle has a great chance of getting in, as I doubt Sakurai really cares if some haters in America don't like him.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Team final smashes would be cool!

One member would get the team final smash and you would have to be close to your ally to do it. I thought of one for sonic and mk. meta knight would do his mach tornado and sonic would run around him super fast, causing the tornado to expand really huge, inhaling the opponents doing a lot of damage and doing massive knock back upwards. Too good! XD

n88

Smash Lord
Or it could be like Brawl, and no new Zelda Reps are present (Toon link is Young link in a new skin)
I know, but I'm betting there will be a new rep. I would predict about 45-50 characters for a new Smash (providing Sakurai is in charge). And by that, I mean 45-50 spots on the Character Select Screen, not transformations. If ten new characters are added, then one of them will probably be from LoZ, to keep fans happy and give the series the right number of reps, proportionately.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I think Brawl should have been postponed.
I would have gladly waited another year or two for more characters, features and better balancing.
You forgot better Wi-Fi, look at Mario Kart it came out a month later and has great Wi-Fi.
JBRPG;7555680 The subspace [B said:
was a little too easy[/B] (despite dying for 5 times) because it has quick-solving puzzles that only a kid would have hard times and tell his/her older siblings to do the work for the kid. The adventure mode should be more intense enough so about everyone would have trial and error along with cut scenes that talk about the this world of Allus along with a certain 4 dragon survivors. and BTW, I believe that the Ancient minister of Allus (Made up mane for the smash world) is found somewhere else, maybe under the deepening seas.
You could have increased the difficulty, Intense may have been more challenging.
Okay, how about Spiritomb? When summoned, it will use Confuse Ray, which will scramble the controls of any fighter within its radius, even its summoner.
Yeah, like Luigi's Final Smash
If that doesn't work, then we could have Drifblim: Its summoner will grab on to it , then Drifblim will head toward the sky (summoner is not K.O.'ed), avoiding battle for a short while! Sound good?
Imagine Pit sniping people from the air, the noobs will abuse this to no end. Good idea though.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
OPINION OPINION OPINION.
Tingle did artificially lengthen the game in WW. That is a fact.

Not true. Alternate characters take an equal amount of time to program as characters with a spot on the select screen. Sakurai has gone on record saying that Melee has 26 characters (Control+F 26 characters) and Brawl has 39.
That is not what I meant. I mean that we get more unique series and Tingle will cut into that.

Your guess? Sheik had far more support than Midna. And I realize that leg-yanking moments don't have to be about everything, but seeing that they have not been used for popular characters in the past shows that it's likely that in the future there won't be any.
Hay, I guess because I did not search forums or anything for Sheik. I did not care for the character. It was just a "Pop in, pop out, get some info" kind of character.

America is the only place who is vocal about it, so it's the only place who really would give a d*mn once Tingle gets in.
Those that are the most vocal usually are the only ones to have their voices heard. Mewtwo was cut because of this. Everyone wanted him cut after Melee.

This proves nothing. I still don't understand why you think that unique versions of a character don't deserve it. The list of Marios is also a ridiculous argument, as Paper and Doctor are the only ones who make sense at all.
Dr. Mario did not make sense.

Is Tingle popular in Japan?
Yes.

Is Smash made in Japan?
Yes.
Not a good enough reason. It is not and never will be. It is more of a global market now and even Sakurai said that he could not just cater to Japan anymore, even though he would bias it a little.

If Sakurai was making Smash with the US being the first thing in mind, not Japan, then we would have had Roy as the main FE character, not Marth, and we would have had the grey and white R.O.B as default, would we not?

Smash is made for Japan, with the US as a second thought. If Japan likes Tingle, then he's got a good chance of getting in.
Take the Ouendan characters, they have a better chance to get in Smash before their American counterparts, the Elite Beat Agents do, as they are from Japan, where the game is made.

In other words, Tingle has a great chance of getting in, as I doubt Sakurai really cares if some haters in America don't like him.
Some of these points do not really make sense. Marth is the mascot of the FE series.
Also, I am not going to do a culture war.

You forgot better Wi-Fi, look at Mario Kart it came out a month later and has great Wi-Fi.
Awe yes. That to.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Those that are the most vocal usually are the only ones to have their voices heard. Mewtwo was cut because of this. Everyone wanted him cut after Melee.
:laugh:

That's pretty funny, so you're saying Sakurai cut Mewtwo because everyone in America wanted him cut?

You're either exaggerating a lot, or are stupid.

n88

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is more popular than Pokemon itself. Who wanted him cut?

n88

Smash Lord
You cut Pikachu, which is stupid, and ICs, who have one of the most unique movesets in the game. On the plus side, you didn't cut Mario. Don't try to control people's responses to your wishlist. If they have something positive to say, they will say it. If they don't, they won't.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I don't get it- people complain that the roster is small, but then they say that they want characters cut.
And when people suggest new characters, they say no, because they don't like them, even though the thing they wanted in the first place were more characters.

:ohwell:.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tingle did artificially lengthen the game in WW. That is a fact.
That is an opinion. And like fliyingfilipino said, it isn't Tingle's fault that the Triforce of Courage was divided up. Besides, they needed to increase length and so they used Tingle to do so. If not Tingle, it would have been someone else.

That is not what I meant. I mean that we get more unique series and Tingle will cut into that.
Sakurai has limited time. Both Wolf Link and Tingle would take an equal amount of time to develop. This time could be used to program another character. Sakurai doesn't care if the roster won't fit into a pretty little box, as evidenced by Melee. They both would cause equal strain, and therefore Tingle is the better option.

Hay, I guess because I did not search forums or anything for Sheik. I did not care for the character. It was just a "Pop in, pop out, get some info" kind of character.
You really should have sources and do research before you make unfounded accusations. Sheik was very highly requested for Melee.

...and you just proved my point. The rest of the world is not being vocal, and they realize that they will not have their voices heard. If they really hate Tingle as much as you say, than they would speak up. And what? Everybody wanted Mewtwo to return. Mewtwo in SSB4, however, is another matter.

Dr. Mario did not make sense.
Dr. Mario was the sole representative of a popular puzzle series, and he represented puzzle gaming in general. Lip is a better option now, but if the roster expands beyond 50 characters Dr. Mario has a shot. Try to look beyond "The same character" before making a blanket statement.

n88

Smash Lord
Sora

hands down
Interesting, but why are Sora's hands down? And how does this relate to anything we're talking about?

Tingle is the best choice for a new LoZ rep. The only argument against him is that America supposedly hates him. But the people I know who know of Tingle like him, and I see more pro-Tingle messages here on this board than anti-Tingle. I'm not sure he's as hated as some think.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i dont really hate him, i just dont want him to be playable. theres so much sakurai can do with LOZ like make wizard yumprim(link to the past, he should have his debut ltp is one of my fave games) vaati, skull kid, or even zant playable. or even minish cap link....lol. i just dont want him to be in it before those hardcore 2ndary villians get in.
plus most people want in ballon fighter for the next retro rep, wouldnt tingle make his chances worst. you gata think about that

btw we should have secondary characters by that like pets sorta. you can unlock them and use them on advanture mode or others (maby a secondary fight brawl, or contest) like a bombomb he follows u and every few secons he blows up then regererates to assist u on fights. and at some points like small openings u can control bomb omb and get through areas, maby even tingle he can float up places and get stuff for u..... maby a chao for the sonic franchise. its just an idea and would give some characters a role in smash

also till dawn sora would be a good rep from square but thers also quest and FF too. maby we could have more then one depending if sqare and nintendo are up to it.
btw

btw you know what ide like to see is a villians story. after u be the hero then switch to the villian.

also n88 your logic dousnt make sinice how is mewtwo more popluar then pokemon itself. i dont hear ppl obsessing over mewtwo lately , mostly arceus and what not.
i dont think a pokemon can be more popular then the pokemon universe...well except pikachu becuase thats the mascot ...its pikachu.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's pretty funny, so you're saying Sakurai cut Mewtwo because everyone in America wanted him cut?
You're either exaggerating a lot, or are stupid.
I remember reading that many Melee fans (not just americans) all hated how mewtwo was designed that they made a petition to not have Mewtwo in the next smash. I remember them saying that it was sent to sakurai also.

Is it really Tingle's fault that the Triforce of Courage was divided up?
No, it is nintendo's fault for trying to make their games longer.

Mewtwo is more popular than Pokemon itself. Who wanted him cut?
Angry Melee and Mewtwo fans because they saw him as really poorly implemented and that his style did not match Mewtwo.

I don't get it- people complain that the roster is small, but then they say that they want characters cut.
And when people suggest new characters, they say no, because they don't like them, even though the thing they wanted in the first place were more characters.
:ohwell:.
I didn't want anyone to be cut. I hate it when fighting games cut characters in the next installment, That means I have to worry about mastering or playing two games instead of getting to enjoy everyone in one game.

That is an opinion. And like fliyingfilipino said, it isn't Tingle's fault that the Triforce of Courage was divided up. Besides, they needed to increase length and so they used Tingle to do so. If not Tingle, it would have been someone else.
Or they could have cut that silly idea and put in more dungeons.

Sakurai has limited time. Both Wolf Link and Tingle would take an equal amount of time to develop. This time could be used to program another character. Sakurai doesn't care if the roster won't fit into a pretty little box, as evidenced by Melee. They both would cause equal strain, and therefore Tingle is the better option.
Uh, Melee was symmetrical. He did care about balance for melee. For brawl, he made sure everything fit in the grid. He would not go 1 extra if it would have messed up that balance.

And Tingle being the better option is opinion.

You really should have sources and do research before you make unfounded accusations. Sheik was very highly requested for Melee.
do you have a source for that? I would like to read it.
I know Sheik was popular after melee only because of the tier list and her placement. That is the reason why everyone wanted her in brawl. (and even then, there was a bit of people who did not want her to return.)

...and you just proved my point. The rest of the world is not being vocal, and they realize that they will not have their voices heard. If they really hate Tingle as much as you say, than they would speak up. And what? Everybody wanted Mewtwo to return. Mewtwo in SSB4, however, is another matter.
People did not voice their concern for Brawl because everyone thought he was coming back. As I said, half likes him. Half Hates him.

Dr. Mario was the sole representative of a popular puzzle series, and he represented puzzle gaming in general. Lip is a better option now, but if the roster expands beyond 50 characters Dr. Mario has a shot. Try to look beyond "The same character" before making a blanket statement.
Stop trying to give meaning to the Doc. He was an easy clone. End of Story. I do not think Sakurai was trying to sneak in meaning for Doc other than "We need another character."

HE IS THE SAME CHARACTER! It is Mario. It has been established to be mario.

---

I don't see why everyone is desperate to have Tingle or Paper Mario. I never will. That is just my stance.

Time to move on. This debate is getting no where.

As for items, the Blue and Red Turtle Shell would be cool. So would Rings (for sonic), the health item (for megaman) and maybe the Tanooki suit. (Imagine Ganondorf in a Tanooki suit. That would be funny)

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Team final smashes would be cool!

One member would get the team final smash and you would have to be close to your ally to do it. I thought of one for sonic and mk. meta knight would do his mach tornado and sonic would run around him super fast, causing the tornado to expand really huge, inhaling the opponents doing a lot of damage and doing massive knock back upwards. Too good! XD
It would be too much work for the next one since there are going to be at least 50 charaters or more or less for its next successor!!!!

and here is more to keep you peeled for my ideas.

Plans/Ideas

Main Aspects for Next Successor

• 2 different game play options (Simple-Beginners will take their first steps in a fixed environment with only attacks and normal items, and Competitive-A wide diversity of characters await, filled with faster physics, more balanced statistics, and the additional ability of using special moves and special items!)
  • Costume parts for characters (3 different outfit part per sections (except for skin for color tone), 6 sections per character (head, upper, lower, shoes, skin, extra)
  • Do at least 2/3 of the possible objectives to unlock a certain unlockable
  • Establish a user-generated content site (has to be Nintendo-friendly)
  • Better online service (Hudson can make it top-notch)
  • Special Events/Tournaments to earn Club Nintendo Coins (free to enter)

Single Player
  • Classic
    -The Main Part of the Game with randomized battles along with 4 different specific events
  • Sub-Dimensional Tourney
    -Prepare yourself for an epic series of tests that will await you! It's technically like Melee's adventure mode but it has cut-scenes for each level you've completed along with a choice of what the master has to offer. Near the end of it, you'll fall to the 4 doors that lead to each secret character. Certain character interactions would bring different events whether you win or lose. The announcer has a deep and strong connection with an established plan for all guests.
  • Chronicles of the Ancients: Hidden Origins (After unlocking all characters)
    -Defeating the Subspace Overlord was just the beginning.... There are more clues on how this world prospered!! This is the adventure quest successor to the Subspace Emissary where the levels last longer with more puzzles, more unique enemies, and more back stories and cut scenes containing deeper background information about the real hidden Ancient Floating Isle and the world of Allus (a planet that is mostly inhabited by Alloys with other civilians from around the universe and within this world) As the whole party march deeper into the world, there will be hardships, connections, and the unforgettable memory of the past from the 4 certain characters.

Multiplayer (Will Contain Lives, Time, Coins, and Stamina)

• Regular Mode-Play against anyone (possible 6 player support)
  • Team Battle-Play with your friends and compete against others (Team colors: White, Red Green, Blue)
  • Special Mode-Has the following options that you can configure
    heavy/bunny
    Giant/tiny
    flower/eggplant
    fire/screwy
    invisible/metal
    Slow/fast
    sloppy/fixed
  • Survival Wave-survive from hordes of enemies that will come at you (one life only)

Features
  • Trophies-The Main Accessory Feature where you get a chance to look at the many characters and items about Nintendo and others.
  • Stickers-Similar to trophies, but tells stats data rather than information.
  • Alloy Base-View what information you've found in this world. (shows cut scenes/trailers, artifacts, and the enemy status)
  • Music-Play music that you have collected and you can be able to mix it up a little.
  • Editing Room-Filled with many kinds of editors that you can do! (Advanced will enable deeper mechanics of editing-after unlocking all costume pieces, stage parts, and beating Subspace Chronicles/Create 20 different stages and 20 different textures.) (Uses the following)
    -Stage Editor-Create your stages with the most simplest tools you ever need! (advance will enable more parts, time events, layers of background, and making textures and creating your own terrain)
    -Costume Coslpay- Suit up your character in different styles that will mostly suit your sense of style. (Advances enables hand by hand texture along with mixing costume parts from other characters.
    -Trophy Shot-You can place trophies anywhere you like and take pictures with them (Advanced will enable custom textures, more trophies, and be able to change positions of the trophies pose.)
    -Sticker Book-Place stickers anywhere from your collection! Your stickers and default background is provided for starters. (Advanced will enable custom stickers, cut, copy, edit, and modify pre-set stickers along with stickers of your brawl snapshots.)

Tacel

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing characters, please.
Also, more Metroid Prime characters...
*cough* *cough* Ridley *cough*

Oh, and I almost forgot...
more Subspace Emissary!
The Brawl Subspace Emissary storyline is awesome!
They should add on in the next one.

...Didn't read the 1001 pages so I'm just gonna throw my ideas out there now. Serenes Forest for a Fire Emblm level which would go through the actions of being burned (the Serenes Massacre), but the stages actual layout would not be radically altered, it would just be a great show.

As for characters: Baloon Fighter, K Rool, and A new Fire Emblem character. 3rd patries being eliminated.

Don't care for Wireless right now...

And go back to a better done classic, just Fights, no huge teams, and 12 levels. I liked Melee's 10 sages, one team, metal char. done.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
@drag0nscythe: So how does being the same character make you unfit for Smash? I never understood the reasoning (if there is any) for that. And please, see it as a flaw instead of an automatic disqualification. If you look past that you can see that Paper Mario is the protagonist of a highly successful series which is recent (unlike, say, Wolf Link) and Dr. Mario has his own puzzle series which appears in some form in nearly every Nintendo puzzler compilation. They have their pros, which are not automatically invalid based on one con. I know you want the debate to end, but I really want you to explain your reasoning on this.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
@drag0nscythe: So how does being the same character make you unfit for Smash?
We already have a Mario. We do not need another one.

I never understood the reasoning (if there is any) for that. And please, see it as a flaw instead of an automatic disqualification. If you look past that you can see that Paper Mario is the protagonist of a highly successful series which is recent
HE IS MARIO!
This is a fact. He is mario. Toon Link is Link (young Link in particular.)
We did not need Toon Link, we do not need paper mario.

(unlike, say, Wolf Link)
Har. Har.
TP was successful, it is just not the favorite out of the zelda games.

and Dr. Mario has his own puzzle series which appears in some form in nearly every Nintendo puzzler compilation.
This is giving meaning to something that has no meaning. Dr. M was just a quick clone. There is nothing else to it.

They have their pros, which are not automatically invalid based on one con. I know you want the debate to end, but I really want you to explain your reasoning on this.
On why Paper Mario should not be playable?
It is like the two wolverines in MVC2.
Like the Two Iron Mans's and Venom's in MVC1
Like Sol and Order sol in Guilty Gear.

It is a waste of time. It is the same character (while all have different moves and different skills.) and is basically take up space someone else could of taken.

Call it psychological if you want.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
It would be too much work for the next one since there are going to be at least 50 charaters or more or less for its next successor!!!! (the team final smash)

and here is more to keep you peeled for my ideas.

Plans/Ideas

Main Aspects for Next Successor

• 2 different game play options (Simple-Beginners will take their first steps in a fixed environment with only attacks and normal items, and Competitive-A wide diversity of characters await, filled with faster physics, more balanced statistics, and the additional ability of using special moves and special items!)
  • Costume parts for characters (3 different outfit part per sections (except for skin for color tone), 6 sections per character (head, upper, lower, shoes, skin, extra)
  • Do at least 2/3 of the possible objectives to unlock a certain unlockable
  • Establish a user-generated content site (has to be Nintendo-friendly)
  • Better online service (Hudson can make it top-notch)
  • Special Events/Tournaments to earn Club Nintendo Coins (free to enter)

Single Player
  • Classic
    -The Main Part of the Game with randomized battles along with 4 different specific events
  • Sub-Dimensional Tourney
    -Prepare yourself for an epic series of tests that will await you! It's technically like Melee's adventure mode but it has cut-scenes for each level you've completed along with a choice of what the master has to offer. Near the end of it, you'll fall to the 4 doors that lead to each secret character. Certain character interactions would bring different events whether you win or lose. The announcer has a deep and strong connection with an established plan for all guests.
  • Chronicles of the Ancients: Hidden Origins (After unlocking all characters)
    -Defeating the Subspace Overlord was just the beginning.... There are more clues on how this world prospered!! This is the adventure quest successor to the Subspace Emissary where the levels last longer with more puzzles, more unique enemies, and more back stories and cut scenes containing deeper background information about the real hidden Ancient Floating Isle and the world of Allus (a planet that is mostly inhabited by Alloys with other civilians from around the universe and within this world) As the whole party march deeper into the world, there will be hardships, connections, and the unforgettable memory of the past from the 4 certain characters.

Multiplayer (Will Contain Lives, Time, Coins, and Stamina)

• Regular Mode-Play against anyone (possible 6 player support)
  • Team Battle-Play with your friends and compete against others (Team colors: White, Red Green, Blue)
  • Special Mode-Has the following options that you can configure
    heavy/bunny
    Giant/tiny
    flower/eggplant
    fire/screwy
    invisible/metal
    Slow/fast
    sloppy/fixed
  • Survival Wave-survive from hordes of enemies that will come at you (one life only)

Features
  • Trophies-The Main Accessory Feature where you get a chance to look at the many characters and items about Nintendo and others.
  • Stickers-Similar to trophies, but tells stats data rather than information.
  • Alloy Base-View what information you've found in this world. (shows cut scenes/trailers, artifacts, and the enemy status)
  • Music-Play music that you have collected and you can be able to mix it up a little.
  • Editing Room-Filled with many kinds of editors that you can do! (Advanced will enable deeper mechanics of editing-after unlocking all costume pieces, stage parts, and beating Subspace Chronicles/Create 20 different stages and 20 different textures.) (Uses the following)
    -Stage Editor-Create your stages with the most simplest tools you ever need! (advance will enable more parts, time events, layers of background, and making textures and creating your own terrain)
    -Costume Coslpay- Suit up your character in different styles that will mostly suit your sense of style. (Advances enables hand by hand texture along with mixing costume parts from other characters.
    -Trophy Shot-You can place trophies anywhere you like and take pictures with them (Advanced will enable custom textures, more trophies, and be able to change positions of the trophies pose.)
    -Sticker Book-Place stickers anywhere from your collection! Your stickers and default background is provided for starters. (Advanced will enable custom stickers, cut, copy, edit, and modify pre-set stickers along with stickers of your brawl snapshots.)
That's my post from earlier

Animal Crossing characters, please.
Also, more Metroid Prime characters...
*cough* *cough* Ridley *cough*

Oh, and I almost forgot...
more Subspace Emissary!
The Brawl Subspace Emissary storyline is awesome!
They should add on in the next one.
Animal crossing will not need additional ones, but Kappn should be the next talker, and I have made my idea to expand the series which I should call, SUBSPACE CHRONICLES.

i dont really hate him, i just dont want him to be playable. theres so much sakurai can do with LOZ like make wizard yumprim(link to the past, he should have his debut ltp is one of my fave games) vaati, skull kid, or even zant playable. or even minish cap link....lol. i just dont want him to be in it before those hardcore 2ndary villians get in.
plus most people want in ballon fighter for the next retro rep, wouldnt tingle make his chances worst. you gata think about that

btw we should have secondary characters by that like pets sorta. you can unlock them and use them on advanture mode or others (maby a secondary fight brawl, or contest) like a bombomb he follows u and every few secons he blows up then regererates to assist u on fights. and at some points like small openings u can control bomb omb and get through areas, maby even tingle he can float up places and get stuff for u..... maby a chao for the sonic franchise. its just an idea and would give some characters a role in smash

also till dawn sora would be a good rep from square but thers also quest and FF too. maby we could have more then one depending if sqare and nintendo are up to it.
btw

btw you know what ide like to see is a villians story. after u be the hero then switch to the villian.

also n88 your logic dousnt make sinice how is mewtwo more popluar then pokemon itself. i dont hear ppl obsessing over mewtwo lately , mostly arceus and what not.
i dont think a pokemon can be more popular then the pokemon universe...well except pikachu becuase thats the mascot ...its pikachu.
Overall..... There should not be secondary assistants in adventure, that would make it too easy, balloon fighter and other characters, not quite ready. Villain story is not Needed. SSC has all stories from many perspectives. Square and Capcom can do whatever they want and if they want to contact Nintendo for the next installment, it's possible to see X and some other person be in the 4th smash bros title 'GRUDGE' (my suggestion) and Geno would probably be an assist trophy.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i acually like Toon link and Paper mario. paper mario is a best seller so you dont have anthing on him. dr mario an alt. toon link uncloned. thats all i have to say and thats al lthat need to be done

ballon fighters been ready for 15 years. well if tehy do 2nday characets it well be right only if they do it right though. i know about 3rdparty i was talking to that one dude saying kh sora nuff said

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
i acually like Toon link and Paper mario. paper mario is a best seller so you dont have anthing on him. dr mario an alt. toon link uncloned. thats all i have to say and thats al lthat need to be done

ballon fighters been ready for 15 years. well if tehy do 2nday characets it well be right only if they do it right though. i know about 3rdparty i was talking to that one dude saying kh sora nuff said
Sora would not really be in the next one because they might make him inaccurate to the fans.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
It would be too much work for the next one since there are going to be at least 50 charaters or more or less for its next successor!!!!
[/LIST]
Yeah your probably right, but it's still cool!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Let's Talk about Costume Parts.

Costume Parts are items that are assigned to a certain character for them to wear.

For example: Pit may have a fairy costume set with his old verison to make up something. You can add fiary wings with his new version or have his old toga that cover his tutu with ballet slippers, or Yoshi with a tuxedo suit. Stuff like that!!!!

Costume Parts are items that are assigned to a certain character for them to wear.

For example: Pit may have a fairy costume set with his old verison to make up something. You can add fiary wings with his new version or have his old toga that cover his tutu with ballet slippers, or Yoshi with a tuxedo suit. Stuff like that!!!!
Sounds tedious and unneeed, I am sorry to say. Adding on random peices of clothing, with little or no tie to a charcter (Did yoshi ever wear a tuxedo?) just sounds like a redundant waste of the programmers time.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Every character should have a costume. Not really parts, but an alt costume or two.

Mario -> Dr. Mario , Paper Look
Luigi -> Mr. L, Paper Look
Peach -> Daisy , Peach in a bikers suit
Bowser -> Dry Bones Bowser
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario - > Baby Bowser's from mario party / Shadow mario in a sun shirt

etc.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Sounds tedious and unneeed, I am sorry to say. Adding on random peices of clothing, with little or no tie to a charcter (Did yoshi ever wear a tuxedo?) just sounds like a redundant waste of the programmers time.

It was just joke examples, and each character will have 4 sets of costume pieces (Regular, Old, Funny, Other)

Every character should have a costume. Not really parts, but an alt costume or two.

Luigi -> Mr. L, Paper Look
Peach -> Daisy , Peach in a bikers suit
Bowser -> Dry Bones Bowser
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario - > Baby Bowser's from mario party / Shadow mario in a sun shirt

etc.
That's it!!! bring in the spirit of costume cosplay!!! The Funny adds a variety of additional characterization, and with your suggestion, there will be certain characters that will have one set as the whole costume. Again, Textures was a source of inspiration to introduce an idea of costume parts that will represent characterization.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
drag0nscythe said:
10papermariodeservesitashisownplayablecharacters

Besides, Paper Mario is too different physics-wise to become an alt for Mario. Dr. Mario fits perfectly, but Paper Mario isn't the same in shape, and he wouldn't make sense with fireballs and a cape anyway.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
10papermariodeservesitashisownplayablecharacters

Besides, Paper Mario is too different physics-wise to become an alt for Mario. Dr. Mario fits perfectly, but Paper Mario isn't the same in shape, and he wouldn't make sense with fireballs and a cape anyway.
Paper as in look, not proportions.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
This leads me to more ideas in costume parts in sets

Bowser-Regular
Retro Rookie
Giant Koopeleon
Giga-Small

Yoshi (regular)
Saddle-like (Melee)
Yoob
Boshi

Meta Knight (regular)
Less Detailed
Phanto
Unmasked

That's all I have for now.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Paper as in look, not proportions.
Mario has normal proportions. His head is a bit large, but nothing too striking. However, Paper Mario's head is about half of his whole body. Paper Mario is also wider and fatter than normal Mario. It would be ridiculous to completely change his proportions to bring him in as an extra, instead of as a full playable character as he belongs.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Mario has normal proportions. His head is a bit large, but nothing too striking. However, Paper Mario's head is about half of his whole body. Paper Mario is also wider and fatter than normal Mario. It would be ridiculous to completely change his proportions to bring him in as an extra, instead of as a full playable character as he belongs.
Your not getting what I mean.

Take normal Mario and apply the paper like shading texture to it.
Same proportions. different texture look.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I would love to see the online improved and also new characters and get rid of clones
NEW Character Ideas

Zelda- Mask young link (transform into zora,goron,deku)

Metroid- Ridley, Dark Samus

Super Punch Out Wii- Mac

Kirby- Marx

Earth Bound- Poo, Paula Jeff

Golden SUn- Isaac

3rd party- Knuckles, megaman, raiden (metal gear), Character from No More heroes

Thats all the characters i can think of for now

Ganondorf, dont know why hes a clone they easily make him different.

Moveset for Ganondorf
B- Blasts a ball of energy(chargeable) A- Barrage of sword attacks
B up- does a giant uppercut
B down- Punches the ground and causes a shockwave A up- Shoots a energy ball straight up
B side- Body checks you and swings his sword A down- Slams his sword

A side- swipes his sword

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Your not getting what I mean.

Take normal Mario and apply the paper like shading texture to it.
Same proportions. different texture look.
Paper Mario would have to either have his own move sets or be an alternate costume for Mario.

More Costume Sets!!!!

Mario (regular)
Dr. Mario
Bowser Soit
Paper Mario (not really)/Penguin Mario

Luigi (Regular)
Mr. L
Spiny Suit
Bee Luigi

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why does it seem that most alternative Ganondorf movesets are generic as sin? While I'm sure he'd use a energy blast, just a generic bland chargible one is something I doubt. It'd be a must for the thing to bounce off stuff. Shockwaves sound bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom