• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
They can at least make a remake of the GC controller. As long as they don't change where the buttons are and the "feel" of the controller.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
For the stage builder, they need to add water, sidescrolling, and vertical scrolling.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
It's a pipe dream, but SMG2 only adds to my hopes of Rosalina someday making it.
There are just too many Mario characters who have significance and get support, like Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, for that to ever happen. She could have a cool moveset, though.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
There are just too many Mario characters who have significance and get support, like Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, for that to ever happen. She could have a cool moveset, though.
Bowser Jr. Yes.
Paper Mario, No.

Do they call him Paper Mario in the games? I know that the games established that they know they are 2D and made of paper, but do they actually call him Paper Mario? Super Paper Mario did not have that.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Do they call Toon Link Toon Link in Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass? And can you please look beyond the fact that Paper Mario has Mario in his name and see that he has three of his own games and lots of popularity? If being the same character is a con, then it can't be a big enough one to completely disqualify Paper Mario's many pros. No con can do that.

Instead of adding more characters from existing series, why not add characters to broaden the reaches of the Smash Bros. Universe, by adding one or two from a completely new univrse. (Issac anyone?)

n88

Smash Lord
New chracters from pre-existing universes and new ones would be nice. Personally, I would like harder bosses the next time around. On Intense, Subspace was a bunch of tedious crap occasionally interrupted by a pathetic boss, which would occasionally, hit you.

There are a lot of Mario characters with support, and Rosalina is one of them. Galaxy 2 could easily get her in, with some obnoxious fans crying out for female characters. Plus, she is kinda cool. Bowser Jr. should still beat her in, though.

If Paper Mario made it in, he would be called Paper Mario, to diiferentiate from normal Mario. Otherwise it would be confusing. For example:

"Dude, I just unlocked Mario in that new Melee game!"
"I thought he was on the starting roster?"
"No, not that Mario! The other Mario."

Etc.,etc.,etc.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Don't know why but I really want an Animal Crossing character, ideally KK Slider....Imagine jumping around swinging a guitar

But the style of the animal crossing series doesn't fit....problem is Nintendo doesn't have any new franchises from the wii that are transferable to this game...

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
IF we are talking Bowser Jr, i would want a Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario combo, to rep the game that is Super Mario Sunshine. The shadow mario will have some basic mario moves, but will also have the magic brush :p

Also...better stage builder, the return of Mewtwo and Roy (with a moveset change), and King K Rool :D

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
IF we are talking Bowser Jr, i would want a Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario combo, to rep the game that is Super Mario Sunshine. The shadow mario will have some basic mario moves, but will also have the magic brush :p

Also...better stage builder, the return of Mewtwo and Roy (with a moveset change), and King K Rool :D
Mario the Jumpman:

If you want to see a moveset for Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, there is a video on Google Video that tells the video maker's ideas for the moveset of Bowser's kid. The creator of that video also created videos on his ideas for the movesets of other characters, including Banjo-Kazooie (Whom I would like to see in Smash 4, but I saw another video about the Nuts and Bolts game in which the video creator said that Rare isn't ever going back to Nintendo, leaving me a bit depressed:cry:), Mumbo Jumbo, Gruntilda (the previous two were also from the Banjo-Kazooie series), Geno, and some others. They are worth checking out!

And what's wrong with Lucario and Ike?

Lovely

Smash Lord
Shadow mario is a great character!

I was also thinking they should have a Super mario sunshine mario with different moves and stuff.
♣ Shadow Mario is too much of a clone of Mario even on Sunshine. I really don't want to see the same character, I mean I have to suck up with two Link's already, we don't need two Mario's. ); ♥

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
Your right I understand. I just wish they make a lot more characters this time. I expected more new characters to be in Brawl. I want there to be like, 60 characters to choose from. That would make the game extremely fun!

First off, they can bring back any characters that were left behind from Melee. Then, they can add tons of characters, original or clone-like (like shadow mario, Shadow the hedgehog, etc...[but with different moves])

And with all those sixty characters they can bring back even more Melee stages, Brawl Stages, and even stages from the first Super smash bros.

This would all take a long time though.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
♣ Shadow Mario is too much of a clone of Mario even on Sunshine. I really don't want to see the same character, I mean I have to suck up with two Link's already, we don't need two Mario's. ); ♥
I think that Shadow Mario has plenty of potential to be original (though like with Paper Mario, he has the potential to be a clone, though it wouldn't make much sense), and I see the "two characters" thing as a non-issue, but I agree that it should be Bowser Jr. without Shadow Mario. Shadow Mario was only definitive of him in Super Mario Sunshine, a not recent game which wasn't very popular which will be even less recent when SSB4 is released. I see Jr. getting in sans Shadow Mario.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
60 could be a great amount, Phendrona. As for the statement of bringing back every cut character from Melee, some of those cut characters to me aren't good enough to come back as PLAYABLE characters, but they can assume other roles such as Assist Trophies, Pokeball Pokemon, stage spectators, and bosses, as long as they don't return as PLAYABLE CHARACTERS!!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Why do people want lots of new characters when a very large percent of the Smash community only have one main?

For example, if I have mained Mario for all 3 games, why do I care for lots of new characters when I'll still be maining him in the next one?

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Your right I understand. I just wish they make a lot more characters this time. I expected more new characters to be in Brawl. I want there to be like, 60 characters to choose from. That would make the game extremely fun!

First off, they can bring back any characters that were left behind from Melee. Then, they can add tons of characters, original or clone-like (like shadow mario, Shadow the hedgehog, etc...[but with different moves])

And with all those sixty characters they can bring back even more Melee stages, Brawl Stages, and even stages from the first Super smash bros.

This would all take a long time though.

Ever heard the saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth?"

But I feel it's a natural progression that more characters will be added, I just don't want a complete repeat of mario kart wii with half the levels being retro.

Problem I think is the wii hasn't produced too many new franchises to use but can do for stages. Perhaps old ones they want to regain some popularity

Tacel

Smash Lord

Chibi-Robo could be an awesome character.
I played that game all morning, and I realized how he could be a character.

Enters stage through a warp robot.

B: Chibi-Blaster
Up-B: Chibi-Copter
Down-B: Squiter (Like FLUDD)
A: Punch
Side Smash: Smacks enemy with spoon
Down Smash: Whips around plug in a circle
Up Smash: "!" or "No" (crossed out circle) comes out of head. "!" is a stronger hit, "No" is a weaker hit.
Shield: Hides in mug
Grab: Takes enemy inside head and throws him from there

Taunts:
Up: Swings the toothbrush around (like he does when you get a Cleaning Bonus)
Side: Radar comes out and rotates a couple of times
Down: The '!' sign comes out of his head

Final Smash: Plugs plug in an outlet and gets powered up. Now, the damage he does to enemies is tripled.
or
Super Chibi-Robo (Same effect)
or
Does Ghost Pose and everyone on the stage explodes

Costumes:
Drake Redcrest Costume
Frog Suit
Trauma Suit
Pajamas
Tao suit
Ghost suit

Other Chibi-Robo! characters for Smash 4:
Drake Redcrest...

Teddy Bear...

Head Free Ranger...

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
I think 60 is a great number =D

chhbi robo could work out
yes i agree nintendo needs more franchises,but still pay attentiin to the pre existing ones too

chibi robo....... a little small is he....rob was too so nvn. maby olimar sized.

why new characterz jiminy, well why not.(i main olimar ike and pit=P)

what char are a shooin to get in?
stafary
saki
issac
louie(pikmins a best seller they deserve it)
paper mario(not cloned, best seller, and has 3 games he deserves it too)

and what char deserve to be uncloned?
ganon
falco/wolf
t link

what char needs to be worked on?
link
sonic
and olimar(just a bit)

ooh teady bear= boss =D whats chibis stage

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
Why do people want lots of new characters when a very large percent of the Smash community only have one main?

For example, if I have mained Mario for all 3 games, why do I care for lots of new characters when I'll still be maining him in the next one?

Ever heard the saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth?"

But I feel it's a natural progression that more characters will be added, I just don't want a complete repeat of mario kart wii with half the levels being retro.

Problem I think is the wii hasn't produced too many new franchises to use but can do for stages. Perhaps old ones they want to regain some popularity

@Jimnymebob: Well, you don't JUST play your main. I main Falco, but I like playing with other characters, either to get better with them, for jokes, or just to have fun. To me, the more characters, the better

Which brings me to...

@pacmansays: Yes, what you said makes sense ("Too many cooks spoil the broth") in this situation. Sometimes, if there are too many characters, it can negatively affect the game...

I used to play this DBZ game though, and it had 60 characters. It was still fun...

I guess we just have to wait and see the outcome, because it probably depends on what kind of game it is and things like that.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I want Shigeru Miyamoto to direct the game. If he can make it half as awesome as Ocarina of Time, Mario Galaxy or even Pikmin 2 it'll be incredible.

Ferith

Smash Cadet
Clone costumes should be a part of the game, kind of let texture swaps. Clones were entered into Melee instead of an extra character, and it's the reason we have Ganon in our cast. Honestly, some characters are similar enough to justify it.

No more Space Animals, they have a good size for their game ratio. Mario's also fairly set, as is Zelda, and Pokemon. There is no reason to expand the roster list for any of these franchises because they've already hit a good number although I expect they probably will add a character here and there regardless. Metroid may get more representation, depending on how Other M holds up in 20-10. F-Zero needs another character, but with the way smash has progressed expect nobody but Falcon. Fire Emblem may get another character thrown on, and it should- don't want a two-character tradition to start up. We'll probably see some oddball characters, and Snake and Sonic are really up in the air because 3rd party characters are only put in on request. If any are added/removed/swapped I think they'll still compromise a minimal part of the cast.

I'm hoping for more clone costumes, item spawn points, and final smashes to have different reception requirements so that they could potentially become a part of competitive play. That could lead to much, much more character diversity in general.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I have an idea for what Yoshi's Up Special should be in Smash 4: He inflates himself like in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (learned about it on Super Mario Wiki), floats upward in the air, and deflates himself when the move is done or he is attacked during the move (pushes back other fighters, items, etc. that are in range during his deflation). As for his Egg Toss move, it can either be removed or replace one of his other three Specials.

I also have a new character idea for Smash 4: the Blue and Yellow Toads from New Super Mario Bros. Wii (the duo will be called Toad Bros.). They play much like Ice Climbers. Here's an idea for the duo's Up Special:

The lead Toad puts on Propellor Suit (or is it called Propellor Helmet?), the second Toad hangs on to the feet of the leader Toad, and functions like Snake's recovery.

If anyone has any thoughts for these ideas and for the Toad Bros. other Specials and Final Smash, please post a response with those thoughts. Thank you!

I think that characters that exist already should not be altered, no matter how bad or good they are, altered (Meta-Buff) but never completely changed. Someone mentioned changing Ganon (sorry didn't quote) but Any changes to ganon would probably involve adding a sword, completely changing the way he plays. As was said (again no quote, sorry) People tend to main characters form game to game, and altering Falco, Ganon, or Wolf could cause some discrepencies among fans of those characters (Though us Ganon mains would appreciate a major buff).

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I think that characters that exist already should not be altered, no matter how bad or good they are, altered (Meta-Buff) but never completely changed. Someone mentioned changing Ganon (sorry didn't quote) but Any changes to ganon would probably involve adding a sword, completely changing the way he plays. As was said (again no quote, sorry) People tend to main characters form game to game, and altering Falco, Ganon, or Wolf could cause some discrepencies among fans of those characters (Though us Ganon mains would appreciate a major buff).
Mario the Jumpman:

It is okay to alter already existing characters, just as long as it's for balancing purposes.

n88

Smash Lord
Yes, people want Ganondorf to have a sword. He never should have been a clone in the first place. Generally, people want Black Shadow from F-Zero to take Ganondorf's current moveset, as it makes sense for Black Shadow. When you say that someone mentioned changing Ganon, you should say there is alarge movement of people outraged that Ganon hasn't already been changed.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
MYmini

"Everything in this room is eatable! Even I'm eatable! ...But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

"Enjoy!"

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory

Congratulations! You've been selected for a grand tour of the chocolate factory owned by one Mr. Willy Wonka. For years his scrumdiddlyumptious delights have brought joy to the hearts and taste buds of many a child (and adult!) Let's just hope you're a good little boy, now...

Layout

Stage Effects

My Music

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Dark Samus,(probably) Geno, a new incarnation of Link, another Pokemon, and possibly the Masked man/Claus.
Dark Samus, Geno and MAsked Man are not Shoe ins.
They do not come close to the term.

Common consensus is that the shoe in characters are

Ridley
Isaac
Lil Mac
Mewtwo (to an extent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom