• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hey... Ike.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Can you do it for me this time?
I'm too busy typing.

Thank you.

Four words:
R.O.B.
is
in
Brawl.
and Mr. Game & Watch, who had first appeared in a gme that came out before the NES.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
For the stage builder, they need to add water, sidescrolling, and vertical scrolling.
Yes!!!! The stage builder needs more polishing with water, fire, vertical and horizontal scroll (for very big stages) and the abilities to summon enemies or other random things in an event occurrences in the custom stage and Do not worry, I have a whole list of my Ideas coming after this message.

Next Game ideas

Plans/Ideas

Main Aspects for Next Successor

• 2 different game play options (Simple-Beginners will take their first steps in a fixed environment with only attacks and normal items, and Competitive-A wide diversity of characters await, filled with faster physics, more balanced statistics, and the additional ability of using special moves and special items!)
  • Costume parts for characters (3 different outfit part per sections (except for skin for color tone), 6 sections per character (head, upper, lower, shoes, skin, extra)
  • Do at least 2/3 of the possible objectives to unlock a certain unlockable
  • Establish a user-generated content site (has to be Nintendo-friendly)
  • Better online service (Hudson can make it top-notch)
  • Special Events/Tournaments to earn Club Nintendo Coins (free to enter)

Single Player
  • Classic
    -The Main Part of the Game with randomized battles along with 4 different specific events
  • Sub-Dimensional Tourney
    -Prepare yourself for an epic series of tests that will await you! It's technically like Melee's adventure mode but it has cut-scenes for each level you've completed along with a choice of what the master has to offer. Near the end of it, you'll fall to the 4 doors that lead to each secret character. Certain character interactions would bring different events whether you win or lose. The announcer has a deep and strong connection with an established plan for all guests.
  • Chronicles of the Ancients: Hidden Origins (After unlocking all characters)
    -Defeating the Subspace Overlord was just the beginning.... There are more clues on how this world prospered!! This is the adventure quest successor to the Subspace Emissary where the levels last longer with more puzzles, more unique enemies, and more back stories and cut scenes containing deeper background information about the real hidden Ancient Floating Isle and the world of Allus (a planet that is mostly inhabited by Alloys with other civilians from around the universe and within this world) As the whole party march deeper into the world, there will be hardships, connections, and the unforgettable memory of the past from the 4 certain characters.

Multiplayer (Will Contain Lives, Time, Coins, and Stamina)

• Regular Mode-Play against anyone (possible 6 player support)
  • Team Battle-Play with your friends and compete against others (Team colors: White, Red Green, Blue)
  • Special Mode-Has the following options that you can configure
    heavy/bunny
    Giant/tiny
    flower/eggplant
    fire/screwy
    invisible/metal
    Slow/fast
    sloppy/fixed
  • Survival Wave-survive from hordes of enemies that will come at you (one life only)

Features
  • Trophies-The Main Accessory Feature where you get a chance to look at the many characters and items about Nintendo and others.
  • Stickers-Similar to trophies, but tells stats data rather than information.
  • Alloy Base-View what information you've found in this world. (shows cut scenes/trailers, artifacts, and the enemy status)
  • Music-Play music that you have collected and you can be able to mix it up a little.
  • Editing Room-Filled with many kinds of editors that you can do! (Advanced will enable deeper mechanics of editing-after unlocking all costume pieces, stage parts, and beating Subspace Chronicles/Create 20 different stages and 20 different textures.) (Uses the following)
    -Stage Editor-Create your stages with the most simplest tools you ever need! (advance will enable more parts, time events, layers of background, and making textures and creating your own terrain)
    -Costume Coslpay- Suit up your character in different styles that will mostly suit your sense of style. (Advances enables hand by hand texture along with mixing costume parts from other characters.
    -Trophy Shot-You can place trophies anywhere you like and take pictures with them (Advanced will enable custom textures, more trophies, and be able to change positions of the trophies pose.)
    -Sticker Book-Place stickers anywhere from your collection! Your stickers and default background is provided for starters. (Advanced will enable custom stickers, cut, copy, edit, and modify pre-set stickers along with stickers of your brawl snapshots.)

Costume Ideas

Bowser-Regular
Retro Rookie
Giant Koopeleon
Giga-Small

Yoshi (regular)
Saddle-like (Melee)
Yoob
Boshi

Meta Knight (regular)
Less Detailed
Phanto
Unmasked

Mario (regular)
Dr. Mario
Bowser Suit
Paper Mario (not really)/Penguin Mario

Luigi (Regular)
Mr. L
Spiny Suit
Bee Luigi

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy (wears ballet outfit with a tutu with fairy wings)
Demonic Pit

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut
Pikmin in Olimar's suit

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Sorry to just butt in, but I think Ridley's size has always been the issue. Sakurai evidently wants to depict him as the huge boss that he is in most appearances. You'll bring up the Melee intro, but we can bring up Ridley's boss battle in Brawl. Yeah, Ridley *can* be resized, Ridley is popular, etc., etc. And yet, Ridley still hasn't been added.

Now, I'm not eliminating the possibility that Ridley could become playable in the next game (especially since there are few first-party stars left); I just disagree with calling him a "shoe-in" for reasons that have applied since before Melee and have had no pay-off since then. (I wouldn't call many characters "shoe-ins" at this point anyway.)
I don't mind. :bee:

You're right, I guess. Sakurai may be a dumb*ss about Ridley's size, but he tries to preserve his size. He doesn't want to bring him in, but I think that because of sheer popularity he has a great chance of getting in. I really wish Miyamato could work on SSB4 since he's more reasonable, although he dislikes DKC and would probably not add K. Rool.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
A reply to TheAceLucario:

Some modern characters are very deserving to be in Smash 4, Smash 4's roster shouldn't be all classics. Great modern characters include Krystal and Ike. The reason they added Lucario in place of Mewtwo is because they need a fresher face (Lucario) to be in there. Don't get me wrong, Marth pretty much started the first Fire Emblem game (and to be honest, Smash 4 needs at least two feminine males, in addition to more females), and we got Ike, so Brawl and Smash 4 is better off without Roy. And when Smash 4 gets a third FE rep alongside Marth and Ike, the third rep has got to be a female who doesn't wield a sword as her weapon. As for Krystal, she would be different from Fox, Falco, and Wolf by using her staff and magic abilities. If Starfox could only have three reps in SSB4, then Nintendo should cut Falco or Wolf (or both, I don't care) to make room for the blue fox lady that is more popular than both Falco and Wolf combined. And Nintendo has come up with plenty of great modern characters to include in the Smash 4 roster. And I do not want to see or hear a response to this post that states that Nintendo should bring back all characters from the past Smash games.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just realized I have over 200 posts in this thread O_O.
I only thought I had around 30 XD.

Why does Ridley so desperately deserve a spot in SSB4?
If Ridley, Samus and Dark Samus, and maybe one of the hunters are the only popular/wanted characters in the Metroid franchise then how on earth is it so popular?

And massive lols were had at Krystal being a great new character.
And even more that she's more popular than Falco and Wolf combined.

Tacel

Smash Lord
A reply to TheAceLucario:

Some modern characters are very deserving to be in Smash 4, Smash 4's roster shouldn't be all classics.
Oh, don't get me wrong...
I love modern characters.
I just don't think that classic characters should be forgotten.
Wha?

No one other than Little Mac is important enough in Punch-Out to be playable.
King Hippo

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I believe everyone is forgetting that Metroid Hunters characters are a good addition to the roster, Ridley is way to big, plus he doesn't feel like Brawl material.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I believe everyone is forgetting that Metroid Hunters characters are a good addition to the roster, Ridley is way to big, plus he doesn't feel like Brawl material.
The only Hunter I can see having a chance is Sylux, although I'd sooner see Weavel. However, I have no knowledge of Metroid outside of the first Prime game.

MarioTheJumpman, how does having boobs make you a more viable candidate for Smash?
If that was the case, Mileena, who is in my avatar, would have been in the first Smash game :laugh:.

And anyway, more female reps are clearly more important than more villains.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Ridley is way to big

Size comparison.

Size comparison.

Size comparison.

Ridley is to Samus, as Bowser is to Mario.

Bowser is about the same size as Ridley.

Shrink Ridley and... wala!
New Challenger Approaching!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
We don't need more females, nor do we need more villians. We need more deserving characters. There are quite a few villians who deserve to be in, like K. Rool, Ridley and Black Shadow, but not because they are villians- because they have popularity, significance and a series in need of repping. Likewise, Lip and to a lesser extent Captain Syrup are the only two viable female candidates, but because of significance, popularity and a series in need of repping. While there are candidates for both, but not because of their status as a villian or female.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
MarioTheJumpman, how does having boobs make you a more viable candidate for Smash?
Mario the Jumpman:

Female beauty has nothing to do with it. For Smash 4, Krystal would be a great female combatant, and the Smash series needs more women fighters (transformations aren't good enough, Nintendo). The blue fox lady has more potential than Falco or Wolf (Fox can stay, by the way), since she relies on a combination of magic and tech (the other three space critters lack magic). Her Final Smash could be like a balanced combination of Link's and Ike's (by the way, the final hit from her staff can make the victim go either up or down, and the FS sequence could stay in the same location it was used, like Link's).

And no, Mileena would not have appear in any of the games in the series, Jimnymebob. And yes, the Smash series does need more women fighters, Wizzerd.

And can anybody guess why I want more playable females in Smash 4?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How about Metroid Prime for a Metroid representative?
It was one of the main antagonists of the Prime Trilogy.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Mario the Jumpman said:
Mario the Jumpman:

Female beauty has nothing to do with it. For Smash 4, Krystal would be a great female combatant, and the Smash series needs more women fighters (transformations aren't good enough, Nintendo). The blue fox lady has more potential than Falco or Wolf (Fox can stay, by the way), since she relies on a combination of magic and tech (the other three space critters lack magic). Her Final Smash could be like a balanced combination of Link's and Ike's (by the way, the final hit from her staff can go either up or down, and the FS sequence could stay in the same location it was used, like Link's).
You still haven't explained why being female makes you more viable...

Jimnymebob said:
How about Metroid Prime for a Metroid representative?
It was one of the main antagonists of the Prime Trilogy.
Metroid Prime is fine and good, but we already have freaking Ridley. Why would you ever choose someone over him?

Not to interupt but does anyone see Nergal From FE7 joining the fray as a magic represtative of FE...i can't recal any other signifigant ones besides Soren

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Metroid Prime is fine and good, but we already have freaking Ridley. Why would you ever choose someone over him?
We have Ridley?!
Could have fooled me.

There are 4 main Metroid villains, Mother Brain, Kraid, Ridley, and Metroid Prime- 5 if you count Dark Samus.

Ridley is the only other good character in the Metroid franchise?! Makes me glad I had a SEGA as a kid rather than wasting my time with a franchise that had 2 good characters.:ohwell:

Tacel

Smash Lord
Ridley is the only good character, not one of the good characters.
In my opinion, Kraid is another optional Smash character.
But I think Ridley would have a bigger chance than Kraid.
Plus, Ridley is awesome and I'd main him with out a second thought about it.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Michia is possible the most hated lord/main character in the FE community....
Mario the Jumpman:

To ShinoandtheBallonFighter: You are so wrong on that post. And you probably know why I want the Silver-Haired Maiden (that's Micaiah's nickname) as a playable SSB4 character, don't you?

Oh, by the way, Roy is the most overrated lord/main character in the FE community in my opinion.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is to Samus, as Bowser is to Mario.

Bowser is about the same size as Ridley.

Shrink Ridley and... wala!
New Challenger Approaching!
Well my only fear of this is Ridley possibilities of having tanking moves like Bowser or Charizard plus he doesn't have much projectiles to work with if any.

GogglesVK

Smash Rookie
I suggest Viewtiful Joe (again)!

Also, I think there should be an option to turn stage hazards off. So that otherwise tournament-viable levels aren't banned because of level hazards.

VKedit:
Well my only fear of this is Ridley possibilities of having tanking moves like Bowser or Charizard plus he doesn't have much projectiles to work with if any.
I don't see any reason to have three fire-breathing dragons in smash.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
In my opinion, Kraid is another optional Smash character.
I agree with this whole heartedly.
Just because 95% of Smash Boards want Ridley in doesn't mean he is guaranteed a place, and other Metroid characters can't get in.

Size isn't an issue with Kraid if it isn't with Ridley, and I'm sure it's possible to make a moveset for him.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Michia is possible the most hated lord/main character in the FE community....
A lot of people hate her horirible stats but she is very known >_>. . . . . . . . . . for causing players to pull their hair out because she can't take a hit.
Here are some Notibale Magic Users

Fire Embelm Shadow Dragon
Gotoh
Gharnef

Fire Embelm GBA
Nergel
Ninian if you count her as a magic user

Sacred Stones
Ewan <_<

Radiant Dawn/ Path of Radiance
Silver Hair Maden
Oliver
Apostle
Soren >___> he always sucked in my game
Lethran

These are all the games of fire emblem that came out in the United States
There are a lot more magic users but I can not list them all.
But these are the ones that stood out the most.
Sadly I think Lords or Characters that appeared in both path of radiance and radiant dawn have the best chance of being in SSB4

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Kraid is Really pushing it, though. he was bigger than the whole screen in Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, AND Super Smash Bros. Melee. and the reason why Ridley is the most wanted is because he's the current leader of the Space Pirates, and has the closest connection to Samus(killed her parents.)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I agree with this whole heartedly.
Just because 95% of Smash Boards want Ridley in doesn't mean he is guaranteed a place, and other Metroid characters can't get in.

Size isn't an issue with Kraid if it isn't with Ridley, and I'm sure it's possible to make a moveset for him.
Kraid has not appeared in his three games since Zero Mission in 2004, whereas Ridley has been in seven and is confirmed to be in Other M. There's really no competition. Also, because 95% of Smashboards wants him means that he has popularity.

Tacel

Smash Lord
the reason why Ridley is the most wanted is because he's the current leader of the Space Pirates, and has the closest connection to Samus(killed her parents.)
And because Ridley's awesome and also awesome.
And because Ridley's awesome.
Did I mention how awesome Ridley is?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think Diddy/Dixie was scrapped to keep the Ice Climbers more unique. That's just my opinion though. But in regards to the above post, no-one on the NES had personality. The SNES/N64 fleshed out our favourites and these interpetations are the ones we enjoyed in Smash 64.
From what I read, Diddy/Dixie was scrapped because Sakurai's staff thought Diddy would have been best working alone. They got him to make diddy a lone character.

---

Ridley again. I thought my post and size charts finally stopped this problem. Do I have to post them again?

Are people having trouble seeing Ridley as playable? I have a very (I MEAN VERY) long moveset description describing almost every animation he would need in the next game. I can post it also if I have to.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I imagine he could grow huge (about the size he is as a boss) and fly through the screen, kind of like Master Hand's rocket move, but with wider range.

...Maybe?
Like the dragoon?
Good idea!
It should never miss, and hurt everyone on the stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom