• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Why does it seem that most alternative Ganondorf movesets are generic as sin? While I'm sure he'd use a energy blast, just a generic bland chargible one is something I doubt. It'd be a must for the thing to bounce off stuff. Shockwaves sound bad too.
Gannondorf should stay at his current moveset position.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I personally don't care if Ganondorf keeps his semi cloned nature. It kinda is his thing after so long. Just give him a new attack of two in the next game, and I'm fine. I just don't want him to have really uninspired new attacks though if he is decloned.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
More costume goodness

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy
Demonic Pit

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut
Pikmin in suit

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
They should really add Shadow and Knuckles from the sonic series. They will obviously add more Pokemon, which is always nice.

Improve the stage building feature. It would be amazing if it had more features.

It would be cool to make your own events too. Like you can set things up like "Level 9 Giant Dedede against you; a tiny Olimar).

You could name it like, David vs Goliath or something :D

Generally, the makers should think of even more features to keep the players playing. I could probably think of a bunch but my post would be too long.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Improve the stage building feature. It would be amazing if it had more features.

It would be cool to make your own events too. Like you can set things up like "Level 9 Giant Dedede against you; a tiny Olimar).

Generally, the makers should think of even more features to keep the players playing. I could probably think of a bunch but my post would be too long.

I believe that the next successor would be all about creativity and competition!!!!! YEAHHH!!!!

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Comments in red.
More costume goodness

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy He would be almost as manly as Marth. [/sarcasm]
Demonic Pit Isn't that the dark alt already?

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut Isn't that the white alt already?
Pikmin in suit Pikmin in seprate suits? I'm not so sure about this one
They should really add Shadow and Knuckles from the sonic series. They will obviously add more Pokemon, which is always nice.

We really don't need more 3rd party reps for francises already having reps. Remember this is a Nintendo game.

Argreed, the one now is too simple, we need more hazards and backdrops

Never really thought of that, good idea though. I always rushed through the events to unlock things. You should be able to send these so your friends to play them!

Lovely

Smash Lord
All of the Pokémon should have a costume of their shiny form.
♣ That is an awesome idea, I haven't even thought about that idea either, I don't think anyone had on this thread, though it's such a big so I wouldn't know. ^_^; ♥

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
(My Comments are all in blue)

Comments in red.

Originally Posted by JBRPG
More costume goodness

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy He would be almost as manly as Marth. [/sarcasm]
Demonic Pit Isn't that the dark alt already?No, the pit with demon/black angel wings with double end scythe swords

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut Isn't that the white alt already?No, a completely black visor version
Pikmin in suit Pikmin in seprate suits? I'm not so sure about this oneSimple, have a Pikmin in Olimar's suit to direct Pikmin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phendrona

We really don't need more 3rd party reps for francises already having reps. Remember this is a Nintendo game.

Argreed, the one now is too simple, we need more hazards and backdropsMake users able to create their own hazards and platforms!!!!! along with backgrounds and events

Never really thought of that, good idea though. I always rushed through the events to unlock things. You should be able to send these so your friends to play them!
Creating your own events is making your own sculpture of how the puzzling elements would fit together.
Now for my statements. Trophy Room is nothing more than just 4 trophies with default backgrounds. What will happen if the rooms were bigger, expanding the maximum amount of trophies along with placing additional user-created background items to enhance the setting.

So far for my list of Costume sets for characters (just an idea!!!)

Bowser-Regular
Retro Rookie
Giant Koopeleon
Giga-Small

Yoshi (regular)
Saddle-like (Melee)
Yoob
Boshi

Meta Knight (regular)
Less Detailed
Phanto
Unmasked

Mario (regular)
Dr. Mario
Bowser Suit
Paper Mario (not really)/Penguin Mario

Luigi (Regular)
Mr. L
Spiny Suit
Bee Luigi

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy (wears ballet outfit with a tutu with fairy wings)
Demonic Pit

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut
Pikmin in Olimar's suit

GogglesVK

Smash Rookie
He'd be an awesome character!
Yeah, I know. He fits all the criteria for a Smash Bros. game.

He's decently popular.
His game didn't suck.
His game is a fighting game and he had a variety of tricks available.
His franchise started on a Nintendo console.

If they can put characters like R.O.B. and Lucas in, then Viewtiful Joe should have a definite place.

Ok, now I guess it makes more sense, I was under the impression you were just adding removable peices to and from existing costumes, themed costumes as a whole makes more sense, you have my apologies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
(My Comments are all in blue)

Now for my statements. Trophy Room is nothing more than just 4 trophies with default backgrounds. What will happen if the rooms were bigger, expanding the maximum amount of trophies along with placing additional user-created background items to enhance the setting.

So far for my list of Costume sets for characters (just an idea!!!)

Bowser-Regular
Retro Rookie
Giant Koopeleon
Giga-Small

Yoshi (regular)
Saddle-like (Melee)
Yoob
Boshi

Meta Knight (regular)
Less Detailed
Phanto
Unmasked

Mario (regular)
Dr. Mario
Bowser Suit
Paper Mario (not really)/Penguin Mario

Luigi (Regular)
Mr. L
Spiny Suit
Bee Luigi

Pit (New outfit)
Old outfit
Dancing fairy (wears ballet outfit with a tutu with fairy wings)
Demonic Pit

Olimar (regular)
Louie
Astronaut
Pikmin in Olimar's suit

I would call these alt costumes, but I do agree. It would be good to have them. I also like alot of your choices.

Kolona.

discuss this.
I approve of this character.
Goemon (from Mystical Ninja) also would be great.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
drag0nscythe said:
Goemon (from Mystical Ninja) also would be great.
How does a third party who has had only one recent Nintendo game and no real support have priority over Megaman or Simon Belmont?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
How does a third party who has had only one recent Nintendo game and no real support have priority over Megaman or Simon Belmont?
Kolona -> I thought he meant Klonoa, who is thrid party.
Megaman is not Konami.

I could not care much for Simon Belmont.

Other than that, I am just saying characters I would like to see. not worrying about their chances really. Goemon games fit the smash mold nicely.

GogglesVK

Smash Rookie
So, no one likes Viewtiful Joe? :(

But then again, he is Capcom. So if Capcom did get a rep in SSB4, it would most likely be Megaman. But I still think Joe would be an excellent fit.

Lovely

Smash Lord
So, no one likes Viewtiful Joe? :(

But then again, he is Capcom. So if Capcom did get a rep in SSB4, it would most likely be Megaman. But I still think Joe would be an excellent fit.
♣ I wouldn't be surprised to see Viewtiful Joe got over Mega Man since just about all his games shine on Nintendo. Also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom a Nintendo Wii game shows Viewtiful Joe as a character over Marvel vs Capcom that is on every system that's not Nintendo where he doesn't, (I know he wasn't created at the time). ♥

GogglesVK

Smash Rookie
♣ I wouldn't be surprised to see Viewtiful Joe got over Mega Man since just about all his games shine on Nintendo. Also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom a Nintendo Wii game shows Viewtiful Joe as a character over Marvel vs Capcom that is on every system that's not Nintendo where he doesn't, (I know he wasn't created at the time). ♥
This is so true. Now that I think about it, VJ does have a pretty good chance of making it in.

WOOT!

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Instead of May, I would like to see Silver as the Pokemon Rival in Smash 4. Silver's personality is pretty much what I like most about him. He could have a color scheme giving him a blue jacket and purple hair to make hime look like Paul from the Pokemon anime (who, by the way, is one of the very few cool characters in the anime). Nintendo could even add Paul himself instead of Silver if they wanted to and it would be fine by me (I know I said I didn't want anime characters, but I will make Paul an exception). Whether Silver/Paul would have the same Pokemon as I listed for the Pokemon Rival on my wishlist or some different ones is fine by me.

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
If by the time SSB4 comes out, there is already a new Nintendo console, then I hope that console will support Gamecube controllers...

It would suck to not be able to play the new SSB without my GC controller. I didn't even try playing SSBB with my Wii-mote and nunchuk when I got it. It's more enjoyable the classic way :D.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If by the time SSB4 comes out, there is already a new Nintendo console, then I hope that console will support Gamecube controllers...

It would suck to not be able to play the new SSB without my GC controller. I didn't even try playing SSBB with my Wii-mote and nunchuk when I got it. It's more enjoyable the classic way :D.
unless(heaven help us) they change the gameplay style to fit with the new controller.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Here's something that would be good for Smash 4: KEEPING TOMONOBU ITAGAKI AWAY FROM ANY PART OF THE GAME!!!! I do not want him being involved in the new Metroid Wii either, he would ruin its gameplay with certain inappropriate content. If that guy puts certain desires of his aside for a while, a long while, or even for good, that would be good.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
wow lotsa new ppl joining formum.

i beleive they'll make a controller, remote combo.

dude megaman is one of the m0st wanted char, hell no VJ gets a larger priority over him

louie could be a character, if you've not relized PIKMIN RACKS NINTENDO SOME GREEN, or whatever collor japenese curancy is.

mario could have ice form alt, so can luigi.

whats your opinion on a secondary smash u get after 3 kos and no deaths.
ex, bee mario
ex2 ghost luigi

put more customization in ssb4

list 10 3rd party characters you think deserves to be in...only 10 and 3 or less from each party, idc if there in the same game.

sega
sonic
knuckles

square
sora
cloud

namco
dig dug >.>

konami
solid snake
liquid snake

capcom
megaman

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

Did everyone want to be able to use the N64 controller when Melee was announced?

I'm sure Smash is perfectly playable without a GC controller- I can play with both the GC and Wii-Chuck, and I feel the latter is more comfortable with me, and this is from someone who likes Melee's gamelpay more than Brawl's.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, the change in controller is something you are just going to have to deal with sooner or later. In the far flung future where we are waiting for Smash 6, do you think that the GC controller will still be in use?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Here's something that would be good for Smash 4: KEEPING TOMONOBU ITAGAKI AWAY FROM ANY PART OF THE GAME!!!! I do not want him being involved in the new Metroid Wii either, he would ruin its gameplay with certain inappropriate content. If that guy puts certain desires of his aside for a while, a long while, or even for good, that would be good.
actually, Itagaki quit Team Ninja and Tecmo last year, so he's not involved with the next Metroid.

Also, I though of something else: Dr. Mario will return, but as an alternate outfit for Mario, Like Wario's classic outfit was.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Waluigi's moveset in SSB4

I would like to see the purple-clad plumber as a playable character in Smash 4. Here's an idea for what I think his Specials and Final Smash should be:

Standard Special: Throws a Bob-omb with a trajectory of either forward or up

Up Special: Swims in mid-air while damaging opponents who are in the way

Down Special: Stomps his foot on the ground, leaving opponents in range with a Pitfall effect for a few seconds

Side Special: Swings his baseball bat/tennis racket (chosen randomly)

Final Smash: Summons a garden of giant purple thorns to whack any opponents within range

He would also be given an impressive speed stat due to his long legs

If anyone has ideas for the effect of his Side Special, please post a response with a suggestion. Thank you!

n88

Smash Lord
Waluigi will hopefully not be in the game unless the roster has about 60 characters on it. There are tons of other characters that should get in before him. From the Mario series alone, there are Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Baby Mario Bros. I would see Fawful or Kamek in before Waluigi.

Although if he was in, that's not a bad moveset.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Waluigi has no significance next to Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Dr. Mario. Even then we have Toad. There's really no chance of him getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom