• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Not too many people have op caliber pika experience, so I don't know how many people could actually help you with that. You should talk to MVD at a tourney and ask for pointers.

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
here you go children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8fp1yNxBE&feature=youtu.be

boost grabbing is probably the most useful. sh uair comes out real fast too (with good momentum). dacus has crazy range; the mortar is realised right on the edge lol.

while making this video, i just realised you could platform cancel on halberd while its transforming. not sure why i didnt think of that before.
You can also platform cancel on it by the part where the background starts shaking when you are on the air, without the need of the transformation i think there is a video about it somewhere ill try and look for it.

Also to anyone who can answer this, what is the best way of punishing diddys sideB? Is it always uptilt or is there better options?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You can also platform cancel on it by the part where the background starts shaking when you are on the air, without the need of the transformation i think there is a video about it somewhere ill try and look for it.

Also to anyone who can answer this, what is the best way of punishing diddys sideB? Is it always uptilt or is there better options?
If he throws out the kick u-tilt works and I think pivograb works. If he doesn't throw out the kick i'm pretty sure a lot of things beat it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Retreating pivot grab is great for diddy's side b. retreating grenade to shield can work too in some situations if he throws out the kick

Shielding is the only thing that doesn't beat the side b if he doesn't do the kick, pretty sure lol. It's pretty bad, unless they're going for a read on you shielding.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah also if you think they're going for the grab don't spotdodge. D: They can just throw out the kick on reaction and that hitbox lasts a while. T_T

Tesh

Smash Hero
What do I do about MK's dtilt?
A preemptive spotdodge will give you enough time to dtilt him first if you time it right.

You can also turn away, pull a grenade and back into him, but you won't be able to grab him if he decides to do something else.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Rapid jab punishes obvious ledge getups and bad spotdodges.

Crouch is good for ducking aerials that are short hopped and power shielding, and avoiding tornado.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Can you elaborate on that? Like how can the ledge getup be obvious, what do you mean by a bad spotdodge (framewise and thus character specific?), wouldn't crouching put you in a disadvantageous position?

I know about the tornado thing though.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Rapid jab can also stop certain projectiles and can make just stop in their tracks like Snake's nades, ZSS' armor pieces, and Most of Olimar's pikmin. There might be others, but I can't think of anything right now. D:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
how should I approach Snake with MK? I have a lot of trouble with that and well, with the MU in general... does he have any kind of "blindspot" or anything like that?

could you elaborate on your options when MK approaches?

Hope you can help me out, I've had a lot of trouble with this MU always and I need all the help I can get. Thanks ^u^

When do you use Snake's rapid jab?

When do you use his crawl?
No idea about the rapid jab. Its just really in consistent. The only time I ever use it is in a very specific situation. Opponent is shielding a grenade that is about to explode. You are at a rolls distance from them. You rapid jab to cover roll. Otherwise, you are in neutral after the nade explodes.

Otherwise, crouch against aerials. The easiest time to notice it is against people on platforms. If they are on a platform, you can often times crouch underneath a person's attempt to drop through and use an aerial. Not effective against everyone though.

Can you elaborate on that? Like how can the ledge getup be obvious, what do you mean by a bad spotdodge (framewise and thus character specific?), wouldn't crouching put you in a disadvantageous position?

Crouching is not disadvantaged. Its really the same as standing as you can do anything out of a crouch immediately. The only disadvantage is you are already holding the control stick when crouching as opposed to standing which is not making any hand motion.
Rapid jab can also stop certain projectiles and can make just stop in their tracks like Snake's nades, ZSS' armor pieces, and Most of Olimar's pikmin. There might be others, but I can't think of anything right now. D:
I dislike using rapid jab for that purpose. The hitbox is not always active. Therefore, there is a large period where you can be hit for not having the hitbox out. By doing so, you are really just gambling on a projectile hitting when the hitbox just happens to be out. Its not a very consistent method. Powershielding is probably the better approach.
how should I approach Snake with MK? I have a lot of trouble with that and well, with the MU in general... does he have any kind of "blindspot" or anything like that?

Hope you can help me out, I've had a lot of trouble with this MU always and I need all the help I can get. Thanks ^u^
If you get stuck in shield, there are very few things you can do. Well, if you are shielding tornado that isn't bad. It really just eats up your shield and puts you back to neutral. Otherwise, you shield against MK, then he can generally cover all your options other than roll away. For example, he can space Fair/Dtilt on shield all day and catch your spot dodge. Or if you roll behind you get punished.

Overall, avoid shielding too much except for certain situations. The blindspot MK has is avoiding a move while abusing Snake's range. If you can get MK to Dtilt and miss, but close enough you can Ftilt right back, that is good. Its a hard spacing to achieve though. Otherwise, you generally want to wall with grenades to try to keep MK from applying too much pressure too you cutting off you options to the ledge for example.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord

Just watch Nairo's recent set vs bizkit. That's how the match up goes nowadays :glare:

Attila_

BRoomer

say like, if the opponent is on the edge, and you know they're going to ledgehop/ledgejump/getup... holding jab beats the fast majority of options. most ledgehops by characters that have slower aerials will also be beaten, as the aerial comes out after the invincibility has worn off (hello olimar). mess around with it, it's actually very viable against a large amount of characters. best used with nade cover of some kind.

it also baits getup attacks and rolls really well, since you can cancel it almost immediately.

i assume some of my older matches (havent had anything recorded in a while) would have this in them.

C.J.

Smash Master
Atilla, drop out of school and move to Florida

Wait, Q&A thread.

WILL you do the above?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I main mk but I have some questions about the mk snake mu.

What should snake do if the metaknight keeps spamming up b for the invincibility frames?

If the metaknight likes to "charge" a tornado while snake is landing so he can hit snake with it after he nairs, and the snake knows that the mk likes to do this, what should the snake do?

Why do some snakes use a lot of usmash in this mu?

Attila_

BRoomer
You can punish sl on shield if you predict what he'll do next. beat glide attack or glide with utilt, if he cancels it straight away, you get a grab.

i don't know what 'charging' tornado means. can you show it in a video?

usmash can be quite handy here (ironically); since mk has transcedent priority on everything, he can't actually hit the mortar to blow it up. it goes through his attack and hits him if he tried. in other words, it forces him to get out of the way (which is difficult due to poor aerial mobility) or airdodge. it always beats nado on certain angles.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Charging tornado means to use tornado, wait for like a second, and then use it to attack. I saw otori do it and then I started doing it.

Top Bottom