• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Jesus, I leave for two days, and this is what I come back to? I just read 5 pages, and now my headache is worse than the one caused by a massive hangover yesterday!

...I need more Jagermeister.
Well no one wants to get anything done so I tried... I'll stop now if you want >_>

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
People often say that if we make rules to limit MK we should just ban MK

that my friends is BAD logic.......

If we can keep a character in the game without hurting the game overall why shouldn't we do it?

If it makes the game better why shouldn't we do it?

if banning brinstar or Rainbow don't hurt the majority of characters why not ban them to improve the game?

so why not ban RC brinstar, add 2 minutes to the timer and have 20 edge grabs?

its simply subjective opinion that makes you say ban him because we make rules to hinder dominance but logically why NOT do it?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
People often say that if we make rules to limit MK we should just ban MK

that my friends is BAD logic.......

If we can keep a character in the game without hurting the game overall why shouldn't we do it?

If it makes the game better why shouldn't we do it?

if banning brinstar or Rainbow don't hurt the majority of characters why not ban them to improve the game?

so why not ban RC brinstar, add 2 minutes to the timer and have 20 edge grabs?

its simply subjective opinion that makes you say ban him because we make rules to hinder dominance but logically why NOT do it?

Exactly so let's ban Brinstar and RC
You heard NEO's song. MK already has good stages he doesn't need 2 extra gay *** ones
Although I disagree with adding 2 minutes to the timer and 20 edge grabs lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
That's actually kind of how I felt. I don't even want to get involved anymore. Since about Page 350, this thread has basically just been Etecoon trolling, with Crow popping in every once and a while to **** with statistics.
people that aren't on 40 posts per page make me sad

also, hey xyro confirming what I've been saying the whole time even if I was only saying it to be a jerk. MK ban = not happening unless it is grassroots, if you want him banned that badly you need to get to work on that yourself. complaining to mommy(MLG/BBR) that big sister(MK) hit you because she's a big stupid head isn't going to get you anywhere this time

on a more serious note I completely agree that brinstar should not be legal and not only because of MK >_> lol snake bias

Chuee

Smash Hero
@blackknight: If we put the LGL at 20 then there's going to be players that will lose when they aren't even trying to plank =/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes, for the sake of the community let's nerf MK until he isn't even the best character anymore. I want his Upb, Down B, Tornado, Gliding under a stage a single time, grabbing the edge a single time, and a air ground ratio of 1.3 : 1 or more banned.

I also want MK to not be able to be used past game 1 at all, and the opponent gets to choose the neutral.

HERP DERP YAY I LOVE THESE RULES AND THIS NEW MK THAT PROBABLY WANTS TO CUT HIS WRISTS BECAUSE OF HOW NERFED HE IS! WE SAVED THE COMMUNITY GUYS!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Says you.

I say he needs 50. Who's right?

Oh that's right. People have different views on how much is too much for MK. Gee, I hope that people accept a national standard on how many edge grabs he can use.

Lol nope get real, Every region will have different numbers. Which, for a rule that is SUPPOSED to stop something game breaking, it's VERY bad that you would have conflicting rules in place to stop it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yes, for the sake of the community let's nerf mk until he isn't even the best character anymore. I want his upb, down b, tornado, gliding under a stage a single time, grabbing the edge a single time, and a air ground ratio of 1.3 : 1 or more banned.

I also want mk to not be able to be used past game 1 at all, and the opponent gets to choose the neutral.

Herp derp yay i love these rules and this new mk that probably wants to cut his wrists because of how nerfed he is! We saved the community guys!!!
-____________________________________-
then ban him

Flayl

Smash Hero
DMG, is it true nothing (or very little) is being done about MK in the BBR? Was MLG's decision the nail in the coffin, or is it possible to convince MLG to change the ruleset while still in season?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Since MLG's inclusion of Brawl, we have discussed quite a bit about what to do with MK, LGL, stage list, scrooging, improvements with slight loopholes in our current rules, etc. After those discussions, things took a back seat to letting MLG pan out a bit and addressing it from there.

There have been disagreements over what to do, and what MLG decided on. Banning MK and implementing a LGL for MLG were both not favored IIRC, but MLG put one on anyways.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I bet I could scrooge and ledge camp with Pit just as well as anyone does it effectively as MK.

*unsubscribed because this thread is pointless*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would personally bet $2000 that MK can do it better than anyone can by an easy to see margin concerning frame data. Wanna take me up on that bet?

Just to be nice, here's some food for thought:

MK can Uair twice and have his second Uair invincible even after the hitbox comes out.

Pit, even if he Uairs a single time, loses invincibility before the aerial is over. This isn't factoring in him trying to drop down, DJ, and then use Uair. That would take even longer.

You would be foolish to think someone can plank or scrooge better than MK can. Not even G&W can do it like MK sir.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I would personally bet $2000 that MK can do it better than anyone can by an easy to see margin concerning frame data. Wanna take me up on that bet?

Just to be nice, here's some food for thought:

MK can Uair twice and have his second Uair invincible even after the hitbox comes out.

Pit, even if he Uairs a single time, loses invincibility before the aerial is over. This isn't factoring in him trying to drop down, DJ, and then use Uair. That would take even longer.

You would be foolish to think someone can plank or scrooge better than MK can. Not even G&W can do it like MK sir.
I never said he could do it better.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pit sucks at scrooging, he doesn't have moves he can effectively stage spike/gimp, and his moves don't come out in 3 frames either. You could try scrooging with pit if there were 2 minutes left, but it's not like your opponent wouldn't TRY to hit you. If your opponent is MK, then trying to hit him while he's scrooging is suicide.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Since MLG's inclusion of Brawl, we have discussed quite a bit about what to do with MK, LGL, stage list, scrooging, improvements with slight loopholes in our current rules, etc. After those discussions, things took a back seat to letting MLG pan out a bit and addressing it from there.

There have been disagreements over what to do, and what MLG decided on. Banning MK and implementing a LGL for MLG were both not favored IIRC, but MLG put one on anyways.
So essentially people saying the BBR is doing nothing on the subject were full of crap, surprise surprise.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol Tommy, I just offered you a $2000 bet that MK does it BETTER than anyone else by an easy to see margin. AKA Pit cannot do it the same as MK.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I HATE YOU GOLDSTEIN2KING!
AFA:SLKFA *frothing at the mouth*

Omg, those rugged good looks, those piercing dark eyes...
It's our one SAVIOUR, THE ONE TRULY ABLE TO BLANKET OVER OUR REASONS FOR REVOLT! I LOVE YOU BIG SNAKUUUUU

*tournament entry fees where Mew2King is in attendance this quarter have gone DOWN! Down from $15 to just $12!
PRIZE GIVE-AWAYS FOR SECOND-PLACEMENTS (i.e. where MK doesn't hang) HAVE ALSO GONE UP FROM 20% TO 25%!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU BIG SNAKUUUUUU*

Facts: Tournament entry fees have gone up, and no, getting second, third, fourth, 8th etc doesn't get you more money than it used to; don't believe what the meta knights tell you otherwise...
IT'S THE TRUTH, YOU MUST BELIEVE ME! WE WERE AT WAR WITH EASTASIA NOT EURASIA!!! IT'S ALL A LIE TO CONFUSE YOU!!!

Veril

Frame Savant
Lol Tommy, I just offered you a $2000 bet that MK does it BETTER than anyone else by an easy to see margin. AKA Pit cannot do it the same as MK.
I look at this thread every week or so to see how DMG has been ****** fools who say anyone has comparable planking to MK.

MK's planking is on a whole different level than that of the rest of the cast. This is the single best point that pro-ban has imo. LGL isn't a good solution since its: variable #, can be subverted via alternate stalling techniques, is directed overwhelmingly at one character but limits ALL characters (who's stalling isn't unbeatable by non-crappy characters).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Pit sucks at scrooging, he doesn't have moves he can effectively stage spike/gimp, and his moves don't come out in 3 frames either. You could try scrooging with pit if there were 2 minutes left, but it's not like your opponent wouldn't TRY to hit you. If your opponent is MK, then trying to hit him while he's scrooging is suicide.
learn to tech and its not that bad

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Well at least by decreasing the prize money, people still get to use MK *shrugs* :lol:

it isn't fair to deny people money they earned because of what char they use. it's basically racism towards mk and mk users.

and yes gorf i lurk here. if only to laugh at the dumb brawl scrubs pretending they know how to play competitive fighting games.

napZzz

Smash Hero
12,000 posts huh, and still various side arguments in other threads that dont even have to be about matchups

lalalalalalalala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom