• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the reason the discussion doesn't go anywhere is because nobody's focused on one particular point. People complain about, "anti-ban/pro-ban/x-person makes this discussion go absolutely nowhere," yet those same people seem to be the exact reason this discussion goes nowhere.

For example, last posts that I made were to Jack Kieser because he was saying that AN should be shut out if they don't comply with a possible temp-ban. In general, the discussion was about a possible temp-ban at the beginning of 2010, and maybe we could have talked about the criteria of such, if it was necessary, what we were looking for, when it would happen, what would happen if we made one —

BUT HEY GUYS LET'S TALK ABOUT MK'S MATCH-UPS COMPARED TO OTHER FIGHTING GAMES LOL WE HAVEN'T DONE THIS OVER 2,000 TIMES ALREADY THIS IS SO HELPFUL LET ME PROVE YOU WRONG FOR THE 2,001th TIME!1

Very little progress has been made in this thread because:

1) Nobody's actually trying to make progress. I've learned maybe two things about the entire "issue" in the 12,200 posts that have been made. What's the point of commenting on MK's planking, or the fact that MK has no counters or bad stages, or the fact that X-player uses MK now, or about stalling discrepancies—it's been done forever. All of these things have been discussed already and have gotten no further than what has been now. If anything, this is just a giant, "Get upset, do nothing, and raise your post count!" thread.

2) Nobody's actually trying to do anything. You have to keep in mind that maybe 20 people visit this thread regularly as of now, whereas quite a bit more probably check in a few times but see the same discussion for the 400th time and then leave. I don't even mean, "host MK-banned tournaments or do experimental side-events or whatever," but getting involved with your region's community, knowing their receptions to things, and telling them ideas you've thought of about the "issue" is much better than getting heated and telling the 1% of active tournament attendees on a thread (ironic lol).

tl;dr: If you're really upset about the lack of progress in this thread, one, don't be, and two, try to actually do something about it rather than follow the discussion. If you think that a (insert "issue" here) should be talked about and seriously looked into, then keep it on that topic.
A lot of ppl don't post in this thread with the intention of getting anywhere in the discussion. Like me for example. I don't even care about the ban. this is just to pass time. XD

I personally think that you guys should try and make a criteria instead of saying "BUUUT maeking a criteria NAO will juts mayke it BIASED!!!!" as if any criteria will ever be unbiased. Just at least attempt it. its the only way to get anywhere.

Chuee

Smash Hero
@Iblis: yeah but people run into it all the ****ing time.
@Kaffei: Halberd is good and gay for snake.
BAN HALBERD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@Iblis: yeah but people run into it all the ****ing time.
@Kaffei: Halberd is good and gay for snake.
BAN HALBERD
Snake is not dominating tourneys as much as MK. aren't we trying to restrict MK or ban him altogether?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
No, except by banning planking.
There's no problem with planking unless it's done for a whole 8 mins.. aka stalling

inb4 "what about 7 mins"

Brinstar is still gay. You have to fight MK and the lava and Mk can just fly around
aerial is down press it while im jumping up then hit the b button like i dont giva ***

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You main him Im curious why the hell you care
In terms of importance:
Community > Kaffei

solecalibur said:
that stage also gives the ability to help many other characters in other MUs not just against metaknight
Why would anyone pick Brinstar vs MK.

1)restrict MK
2)ban MK

apparently BBR is majority anti ban so let's restrict him

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Interesting...
Well anyways its best to talk about that http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135 just because this area is just gathering thoughts for an argument for this summer as that is the only time Backroom said would open up for debate but of course it will most likely be pushed back until MLG is over
okay .

I love MK and I would prefer not to have him banned.
I think it's better to just keep restricting him but everyone just wants to ban him cus it's easier...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
No, we shouldn't ban stages solely because of mk <.<
It's better than letting him dominate and letting the game die.
Ban stages that are super good for MK, or ban MK altogether.

I am not pro ban or pro temp ban, by the way.

Chuee

Smash Hero
<.< banning those 2 stages isn't going to make mk less dominant.
He dominates because the top mk mains are so **** good.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
<.< banning those 2 stages isn't going to make mk less dominant.
He dominates because the top mk mains are so **** good.
So then why don't we just leave MK alone? Clearly you think he dominates only because of M2K/Tyrant/DSF etc
It probably won't make MK less dominant, you're right, but at least he won't be able to gay Snake/Diddy/Falco like **** on RC/Brinstar

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Jesus, I leave for two days, and this is what I come back to? I just read 5 pages, and now my headache is worse than the one caused by a massive hangover yesterday!

...I need more Jagermeister.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Jesus, I leave for two days, and this is what I come back to? I just read 5 pages, and now my headache is worse than the one caused by a massive hangover yesterday!

...I need more Jagermeister.
That's actually kind of how I felt. I don't even want to get involved anymore. Since about Page 350, this thread has basically just been Etecoon trolling, with Crow popping in every once and a while to **** with statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom