• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDC

Smash Lord
yea u crazy right vman. everyone is entitled to an opinion and im always a supporter of that. I think I just forgot because he was posting as if he had facts. I immediately began destructing his argument.

he started using "facts" to support his statements and I forgot about just about everything else.

in the end, I play mewtwo because he is crazy fun.

LOL@ the same post but one has emotions.
Wow, what destruction of my argument? You did nothing at all to anything I said, and haven't even replied to the list of weaknesses of mewtwo's that I just posted. Just stop lol.

Time spent having fun != time wasted?

Real talk though, you seem to be taking this way too personally. This kind of bitter, personal attack isn't needed in the slightest, on any thread on this forum.
Yeah I probably need to chill. lol it's just frustrating when people deny obvious facts. "Mewtwo sucks" is not a statement you should actually have to defend. It's like saying "michael bay is a bad filmmaker", or "Avatar the last airbender was a really terrible movie" you hope people are knowledgeable enough to just agree with you and move on, lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
haha, Well I think AVATAR.. (the blue people) was an AWESOME movie! <3

sorry let's get back on topic

/off topic

<3

EDIT: Random note/question? Is there an armada fanboy here? Distractions has alot of locked threads about Peach!?!
0_0; just something I noticed lol?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@Sean
He has agreed that M2 is bad, why continue arguing? He also said Taj is good b/c he is an amazing player.

I agree with M2 being worse than he thinks, but he is better than alot of bottom/low IMO

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ICG, I'm getting really annoyed by you. Not only is "can you land hits and can you avoid hits" a really stupid, condescending question, but also saying **** like "I believe more then you do" is completely meaningless. As far as I know, you are (like me) a smashboards poster, not a good player. I have yet to see vids of your pichu doing any damage. My guess is against a good player, you get wrecked like any low tier main.
I don't really have any semi decent videos and the last tournment I went to I couldn't find any jigglypuffs. Also most of the time I was playing against gannons and falcos as pichu there I went even overall other than one falco player who I could seee was better than me but I still was able to do stuff as pichu and win. I know when someone is way better than me.

my gimps, combos, mindgames, prediction and etc. was what made up the match. As pichu I don't even notice how horriblely outranged I am anymore walls aren't that hard to break down projectiles, mindgames, and good sppacing beats them all.

SDC

Smash Lord
haha, Well I think AVATAR.. (the blue people) was an AWESOME movie! <3

sorry let's get back on topic

/off topic

<3

EDIT: Random note/question? Is there an armada fanboy here? Distractions has alot of locked threads about Peach!?!
0_0; just something I noticed lol?
Yeah James Cameron's Avatar was pretty **** good. <33

you done ****ed up now. bad boys 2 *****.
I haven't seen that one, but every other film I've seen of his is just pathetic.

@Sean
He has agreed that M2 is bad, why continue arguing? He also said Taj is good b/c he is an amazing player.

I agree with M2 being worse than he thinks, but he is better than alot of bottom/low IMO
Yeah I'm done arguing dude. I shouldn't have lost my cool though, that was not good.
Sorry all for losin my patience and getting frustrated
mewtwo still sucks
lol

I don't really have any semi decent videos and the last tournment I went to I couldn't find any jigglypuffs. Also most of the time I was playing against gannons and falcos as pichu there I went even overall other than one falco player who I could seee was better than me but I still was able to do stuff as pichu and win. I know when someone is way better than me.

my gimps, combos, mindgames, prediction and etc. was what made up the match. As pichu I don't even notice how horriblely outranged I am anymore walls aren't that hard to break down projectiles, mindgames, and good sppacing beats them all.
As I said, it's just because you're the better player. I can beat people who aren't good/don't know the matchup with mewtwo all day, but against people who are good, it's not even a contest, because when the player skill advantage is gone, then I have nothing left.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have a question? if I win only because i'm the better player and they win if they'ar the better player? what does this have to do with who you pick?

also you would say m2 is better than pichu right? pichu has all he really needs: a solid projectile that can edge gaurd/set-up things/cut off options, pichu has great speed most likly in the top 5 fastest so DD camping would work like other things, pichu has a good-great grab game with a few set-ups, pichu has ways of avoiding attacks and couter attacking, pichu has a kill moves, pichu has a solid move that is very hard to puinish that could basically be the answer to EVERY single problem he has, great recovery, can edge gaurd/gimp b-throw jolt f-smash they die at 30%. he has mix-ups for his approach.

He basically has everything he needs you don't understand weakenesses they aren't the main part or them that's what is what makes this game worth playing for so long. They are simply the rules you play by in order to try to do what you want basically a handicap EVERYONE has even fox. Fox must find ways to not get grabbed, hit, or knocked off the edge not easy not any means all at the same time as he must fight them and kill them first.

camping may come to mind but some people go beyond the easiest way and find an improved way metagame begins to work. EVERYONE has some sort of massive flaw in melee. It's not easy for anyone to get over hteir problems it's just easier to understand the problem as a top tier.

if you can land a hit and a avoid a hit you CAN win also I once lost so bad to a sheik that I only did 22% and I had been ***** all day by this sheik do you know what happened? I laughed saying i'm 2 2 good. and tryed again and at least took off a stock. I'm way better now for not feeling self pity for myself my pichu is better than my insert here and any more I play more space animals.

SDC

Smash Lord
I have a question? if I win only because i'm the better player and they win if they'ar the better player? what does this have to do with who you pick?

also you would say m2 is better than pichu right? pichu has all he really needs: a solid projectile that can edge gaurd/set-up things/cut off options, pichu has great speed most likly in the top 5 fastest so DD camping would work like other things, pichu has a good-great grab game with a few set-ups, pichu has ways of avoiding attacks and couter attacking, pichu has a kill moves, pichu has a solid move that is very hard to puinish that could basically be the answer to EVERY single problem he has, great recovery, can edge gaurd/gimp b-throw jolt f-smash they die at 30%. he has mix-ups for his approach.

He basically has everything he needs you don't understand weakenesses they aren't the main part or them that's what is what makes this game worth playing for so long. They are simply the rules you play by in order to try to do what you want basically a handicap EVERYONE has even fox. Fox must find ways to not get grabbed, hit, or knocked off the edge not easy not any means all at the same time as he must fight them and kill them first.

camping may come to mind but some people go beyond the easiest way and find an improved way metagame begins to work. EVERYONE has some sort of massive flaw in melee. It's not easy for anyone to get over hteir problems it's just easier to understand the problem as a top tier.

if you can land a hit and a avoid a hit you CAN win also I once lost so bad to a sheik that I only did 22% and I had been ***** all day by this sheik do you know what happened? I laughed saying i'm 2 2 good. and tryed again and at least took off a stock. I'm way better now for not feeling self pity for myself my pichu is better than my insert here and any more I play more space animals.
Fuuuuu dude I'm too tired to interpret your usual mangled english, Ill try to respond like...tomorrow...if I feel like it... -crashes, face into pudding, drowns, and nobody cares- lol

Or can somebody who is fluent in ICG interpret for me?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
NOOOO you ruined the pudding. but really I have debated this s*** with young links I really think if they can't movement camp you to death you have a chance to win.

But really we all get stuck and long nough we can't help but blame stuff. Also teleport stalling would help :)

I'm a believer and it's not blind but because I can see I never really thought everyone could win till I played some serious pichu.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
What the **** happened here?!? Mewtwo again? Obviously one of the most popular characters to talk about lol.

ICG-Pichu is terrible man. You dont really even have a case. Your swf account isnt enough dude. Sorry <3

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Why is it so hard to get that if the best player of one character consistently can beats the best of another character, that means the character has the potential to beat that character and has a better oppurtunity to place in tournaments.

I think both have been proven on Mewtwo's behalf.

Man this thread has been full of dickery lately.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I saw your custom title and was tempted lol. I agree though, It's really hard to argue with results, but some ppl try. And they make themselves look like a$$es in the process.

But Im not convinced pichu does anything comparable to ****. I need to at least see non TAS videos.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ICG, stop mentioning how your Pichu is better then your spacies.

Your skill with Pichu makes your space animal skill look nonexistent.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
side-B>>> space animals recovery. No joke. I've had some pretty **** matches not recorded. thunder into up-smash mindgame combos is the sexiest thing EVER. you just totaly **** them from every angle

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ICG, have you ever played any known player ever?

if you have, please list a few, im just curious if you ever play anyone worth their salt.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I do recognize that some people have had success, and yes Axe got 5th at APEX GOOD FOR HIM, he is **** good, also nobody knows the pika matchup, so he probably won't do so well later on, but w/e glad he was successful.
I'm pretty sure it is only after knowing (or thinking we know) pikachu's matchups that we rank him as low as we do, lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ICG, have you ever played any known player ever?

if you have, please list a few, im just curious if you ever play anyone worth their salt.
players you may have heard of. zhu, salt, sveet,lori,m2k, PEEF,husband,bunbun, and yummybeef I can't remember any other names, i'm really bad with names.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
also i'm pretty sure there was a match between me and zhu and it was fairly hyped on livestream at POE3 I'm mad it wasn't recorded, so amazing. I think pink reaper saw it he was on the live sream forever.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Despite the known players he played, the tricks and whatnot he comes up with shouldn't be associated with that.
His little brother is much more relevant.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
this leads to an arguement fail. I say we go back to debateing why luigi's metagame isn't really moving forward much better topic than m2 being bad or really bad.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Pichu sucks and is unviable. He gets killed easily and he hurts himself, eliminating half of his moveset. The tricks that are being found with him never work and all he can do is SHFFL N-air to be a nuisance.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
also i'm pretty sure there was a match between me and zhu and it was fairly hyped on livestream at POE3 I'm mad it wasn't recorded, so amazing. I think pink reaper saw it he was on the live sream forever.
I didnt see it, I went to work. I never saw you play at all in fact, i only saw husband playing pools and heard about you getting ***** by Phatgamers pichu/G&W

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Why are people convinced Mewtwo is bottom tier garbage when Taj himself thinks that the character is better than that?

He has similar tournament viability to Link/Young Link at the very least.
Nah, I think Link is significantly better than Mew2 is. Mew2 really becomes less effective when your opponent actually knows how to exploit your weaknesses.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I think Link is significantly better than Mew2 is. Mew2 really becomes less effective when your opponent actually knows how to exploit your weaknesses.
Why? Whats the point of continually throwing out your opinion without trying to objectify or rationalize anything that you say?

Cookie cutter statements like "
Mew2 really becomes less effective when your opponent actually knows how to exploit your weaknesses." dont actually mean anything do they ......VIrusBLuEmaGE!

Fox
Falco
Puff
Sheik
Marth
IC
Doc
Samus
Ganon
Mario
Pikachu
Luigi
DK
Link
Mewtwo
Zelda
young Link
Roy
G&W
Yoshi
Kirby
Ness
Bowser
Pichu

You see what I mean? That statement is true if you replace any of the red names with the blue one! Try harder...... please:mad:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Does that include sheik/zelda as seperate characters? If it does then YL doesnt exist lol.

Well actually nvm. All the stuff SDC said about mew2 I say about yl. Trollin *****!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I combo'd u-smash --> thunder --> thunder once on JPOBS with Pichu against his Sheik.I'm soooo cool.
it's cooler when you do it to puff it's very satificing when they di hard one way predict and then they di the only and get hit again.

thunder is a very fun move same for side-B vs space animal recoveries. hit their side-B head on and it will perfectly angle them for a d-tilt(from their up-B) or f-smash.
I really don't know why no one uses it it's un techable and it punishes both shortened and non shortened side-B. nice way to also laugh at their fail recoveries.(I know they Have many options).

Also I have a very important question KK how DID you land the up-smash?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
it's cooler when you do it to puff it's very satificing when they di hard one way predict and then they di the only and get hit again.

thunder is a very fun move same for side-B vs space animal recoveries. hit their side-B head on and it will perfectly angle them for a d-tilt(from their up-B) or f-smash.
I really don't know why no one uses it it's un techable and it punishes both shortened and non shortened side-B. nice way to also laugh at their fail recoveries.(I know they Have many options).

Also I have a very important question KK how DID you land the up-smash?
he was lying.

I think I U-throw U-smashed him but I forget.
lmfao nou

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Why? Whats the point of continually throwing out your opinion without trying to objectify or rationalize anything that you say?

Cookie cutter statements like "
Mew2 really becomes less effective when your opponent actually knows how to exploit your weaknesses." dont actually mean anything do they ......VIrusBLuEmaGE!

Fox
Falco
Puff
Sheik
Marth
IC
Doc
Samus
Ganon
Mario
Pikachu
Luigi
DK
Link
Mewtwo
Zelda
young Link
Roy
G&W
Yoshi
Kirby
Ness
Bowser
Pichu

You see what I mean? That statement is true if you replace any of the red names with the blue one! Try harder...... please:mad:
The person I was responding to didn't state a reason why they thought mewtwo was underrated therefore I didn't see any reason to specify why I don't think he's better than Link. I wasn't making a counter argument because an argument wasn't made to begin with.

I'm not vbm. If you said that just to annoy me then you're an ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom