• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How I think the tier list should go. There are very few changes but there are a few.

----------
Top tier
---------
Fox
Marth
Shiek
Falco

----------
High Tier
----------
Peach
C. Falcon (Note: C.Falcon> Jiggly puff not = to.)
Jiggily puff
Ice Climbers

-------------------
Upper middle tier
-------------------
Samus
Dr.Mario
Ganondorf
Luligi
D.K.
Mario

--------------------
Lower Middle Tier
---------------------
Link
Pikachu
Young Link
Roy
Zelda
Mr.Game and Watch

-------------
Low Tier
-------------
Ness
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Bowser
Pichu
Kirby

-----------------
Bottem Tier
-----------------
Master Hand

Sorry for getting off the current topic but this does relate to the original topic of the thread.
My my.. you are gonna have to recheck this list, you cannot linger in 2008-9 anymore.

rhan

Smash Hero
Falcon's not better than Jiggs on that tier list. Also Doc is not better than Ganon. I don't believe Samus is better than Ganon (And I'm a Samus main).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
^also, marth isnt even close to second, Falco isnt worst than 3rd and mewtwo > gnw/ness/yoshi
and roy. I don't think yl but imho he is much more versatile and an overall better character than zelda.

m2 has better tourney performance than the lot as well.

rhan

Smash Hero
Mewtwo's only tourney placing is Taj. AZ smashers don't count when putting together a tier list cuz they're all tooooo **** goood.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
until every good player knows the mew2 matchup as well as taj & iori know the matchup against everyone else i don't care how well they do. much love to Iori and Taj tho.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
until every good player knows the mew2 matchup as well as taj & iori know the matchup against everyone else i don't care how well they do. much love to Iori and Taj tho.
well regardless, its not as if every good player knows the ness/yoshi/gnw matchup and just have lapses in the mewtwo department.

point is, i've seen enough to convince me that mewtwo > those chars, and i havent seen anything at all to convince me otherwise.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lmao I remember back in the MU thread a few people said I posted like I was the only one who knows how to fight m2. I remember sveet being one of them.

so which one of you is full of ****? you get first choice!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lmao I remember back in the MU thread a few people said I posted like I was the only one who knows how to fight m2. I remember sveet being one of them.

so which one of you is full of ****? you get first choice!
i really don't understand how this responds to my post at all.

SDC

Smash Lord
The only reason why anyone would ever lose to mewtwo on account of not knowing the matchup, is that mewtwo is a strange character. As a strange character, he can trick and confuse some people quite easily. However, once you learn the matchup, he's really easy to beat, because he's such a terrible character.

Once people actually learn the matchup, and figure out mewtwo's quirks, then mewtwos won't win, ever.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
The only reason why anyone would ever lose to mewtwo on account of not knowing the matchup, is that mewtwo is a strange character. As a strange character, he can trick and confuse some people quite easily. However, once you learn the matchup, he's really easy to beat, because he's such a terrible character.

Once people actually learn the matchup, and figure out mewtwo's quirks, then mewtwos won't win, ever.
Taj beat Forward with Mewtwo frequently enough despite the fact that Forward probably knows the match up better than anyone else in the country.

SDC

Smash Lord
Taj beat Forward with Mewtwo frequently enough despite the fact that Forward probably knows the match up better than anyone else in the country.
"Taj beat x" Is not a legitimate argument for mewtwo not being bad, because Taj is just inherently better then most of anyone who plays this game seriously. He's just poured most of his time and effort into a really terrible character.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i really don't understand how this responds to my post at all.
my point is that other people were willing to swear up and down that people at top level knew how to play against him.

you are claiming the opposite. so im saying which statement is true?

also are you saying mewtwo players are incapable of winning against good players unless they don't know the MU?

@sdc-forward is arguably better than taj. terrible argument.

you just suck with mewtwo.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
"Taj beat x" Is not a legitimate argument for mewtwo not being bad, because Taj is just inherently better then most of anyone who plays this game seriously. He's just poured most of his time and effort into a really terrible character.
This is bull****, because if he can do it, it means it's possible and it's the potential of a character.

You can look at only one player (the best) of that character and see how good that character is.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace

seanthedonconsidine said:
Forward and Taj both live in Arizona and Forward is a great player and knows the matchup, if he knows the matchup then Mewtwo must be "really easy to beat", than Forward would beat any Mewtwo because "he's such a terrible character," but he can't its possible to win with Mewtwo even against someone who knows the matchup well

And this whole 'Taj and Axe are acceptions to the rules of smash' thing is just ridiculous, both of them secondary top tiers and neither of them could go up 3+ tiers and automatically win any tournament because they're just so 'ungodly good', mewtwo and pikachu are not amazing, but unlike most of the cast someone has actually proven you can beat top level players with them, so they must be at least decent unless those players are just the best there is.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
stfu, I know you are more intelligent than that.

mewtwo has been proven to have more potential than people thought.

1 match isn't even close to the level of consistency mewtwo has reached. its also more than just taj.

mewtwo has some very unique strengths that can be used to compete at TOP level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom