• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
puff is 4th best behind shiek and spacies there thats the end of it /thread
Marth is better vs more characters then puff, including spacies. Only notable characters that Puff does better against is Sheik and CFalcon.
Imo, spacies + the rest of the game carries more weight.

Marth>Puff

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Top 5
mango
hbox
armada
me
amsah

-Mango - mains puff, and after pound4 said "yeah puff is pretty dumb"
-Hbox - only uses puff, wins everything and every matchup the majority except puff dittos vs mango, and says puff is 2nd best character to fox
-Me - puff is best
-Armada - puff is best
-Amsah - puff is best

john!

Smash Hero
3-5 is debatable, but M2K has a point. The people who ARE at the top of the current metagame think Puff is the best. Sure they might be biased because they only lose to Puff, but the point stands. Their opinions mean more than someone who's watched 1000 YT vids and does well at local tourneys. What do Jman, Lucky, Darkrain, Zhu, PP, etc. have to say about Puff, does anyone know?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the best players in the world only lose consistently to one character (and the same two players), of course they are going to say that character is the best in the game.

im not even going to bother arguing against it, im just pointing this fact out.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
the best players in the world only lose consistently to one character (and the same two players), of course they are going to say that character is the best in the game.

im not even going to bother arguing against it, im just pointing this fact out.
No, I think M2k's point stands really strong. The very best players are saying that Puff is the best character, how do you refute that? It's entirely possible that they're not being biased and there own opinion is that Puff is the best character. Even Mango who doesn't lose to Puff is saying that Puff is the best character.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
No, I think M2k's point stands really strong. The very best players are saying that Puff is the best character, how do you refute that? It's entirely possible that they're not being biased and there own opinion is that Puff is the best character. Even Mango who doesn't lose to Puff is saying that Puff is the best character.
im not refuting anything.

im just saying, when you can beat everyone in the world except for 2 players who happen to play the same char, its easy to look at yourself and say "well, they're playing the best character in the game so bleh"

also, mango didnt say puff is the best, he said "puff is pretty dumb"
but mango has beat hbox with both falcon and fox. clearly, mango is just on a different planet than everyone else. seriously, stop using mango as a representative sample, he's a statistical outlier.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
im not refuting anything.

im just saying, when you can beat everyone in the world except for 2 players who happen to play the same char, its easy to look at yourself and say "well, they're playing the best character in the game so bleh"

also, mango didnt say puff is the best, he said "puff is pretty dumb"
but mango has beat hbox with both falcon and fox. clearly, mango is just on a different planet than everyone else. seriously, stop using mango as a representative sample, he's a statistical outlier.
Hunngrybox has beaten all of Mango's characters in a money match, except for his Puff. Mango tried Fox against him at Pound 4 and got wrecked pretty hard. Mew2king just beat Mango's Falcon at Tourney play 5. Mango is not a statistical outlier and people need stop saying he's not representative of Puff being the best character

edit: I seem to remember Armada wrecking Mango's falco and then getting wrecked by his Puff, yeah it's definitely Mango and not his character.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Hunngrybox has beaten all of Mango's characters in a money match, except for his Puff. Mango tried Fox against him at Pound 4 and got wrecked pretty hard. Mew2king just beat Mango's Falcon at Tourney play 5. Mango is not a statistical outlier and people need stop saying he's not representative of Puff being the best character

edit: I seem to remember Armada wrecking Mango's falco and then getting wrecked by his Puff, yeah it's definitely Mango and not his character.
Money match? WHO CARES?
mango bet hbox with falcon at freedom to melee grand finals.
then he beat him with fox at winterfest grand finals.
who the hell cares about a few mms?

Armada didnt wreck mango's falco, armada went 2-2 with his falco at genesis winner/grand finals.

What does M2k beating mango's falcon at what is EASILY m2k's best matchup, and also the most slanted of all the top tier matchups, have to do with anything at all?

edit: oh i see, you were trying to prove that because m2k beat mango for the first time since 2007, that somehow proves that mango has less of a vicious vicegrip over the tourny scene than he had prior to said lost, and is therefore not a statistical outlier?
HA...no.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
He has a point, but you cant ignore the fact that mango is better than everyone.

I mean, mango beats alot of the other top players with his secondaries and lower. Its nothing close to definitive because they arent just losing to puffs, ppl are really getting ***** my mango.

When ppl learn to get at uber puff I dont think ppl will say she is as good. I do agree she is one of the best in the game tho. But I dont think she is 2nd to fox at all.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
this is the normal tier list OK the up/downs means that they will at LEAST move down one place understand? Because I don't put a down/up for someone doesn't mean they shouldn't move up or down understand, but I think we can ALL argee on these few small changes.

Fox
Marth DOWN
Sheik
Falco UP

High
Peach
Captain Falcon DOWN
Jigglypuff UP
Ice Climbers

Middle
Samus
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf UP
Luigi
Donkey Kong(don't pull that grab game S*** on me mario's can finish off space animal also and chain throw others also) DOWN
Mario

Low
Link
Pikachu
Young Link
Roy
Zelda
Game and Watch

Bottom
Ness DOWN
Yoshi
Bowser
Mewtwo UP
Kirby DOWN
Pichu UP

I think we CAN all argee this is at least semi better, we all argee puff is higher, marth's metagame has fallen. I just think we could mark our own progress.

JPOBS

Smash Hero

I mean, mango beats alot of the other top players with his secondaries and lower. Its nothing close to definitive because they arent just losing to puffs, ppl are really getting ***** my mango.

this. i really hate it when people say mango "mains" puff like thats proof of anything.

he's proven he can win tournies and beat the best players with like 5 different chars so the "mango mains puff" arguement means nothing to me.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
No, a "score" is something that applies to a current set. Past sets don't represent a present level of skill. PP is obviously better.
Score is 4-1

and

Your logic (can't tell if you were joking or not) gives me a hearty chuckle.

I've taken matches off Mango's Puff, fox, falcon, falco, etc.

The only coherent "sets" I beat him in were ROM2 MM's (kinda counts I guess? it was his spacies) and a MM against his falcon at Gigabits (he beat me in tourney though).

But he's beaten me everywhere else pretty much...
There's always the next national, though. I got high hopes for Apex2!

I wouldn't consider him an outlier (then again I'm really biased)

PP is a BEAST

Puff is..........................

a short version of "Jigglypuff". And that should end this whole tier argument fiasco.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Score is 4-1

and

Your logic (can't tell if you were joking or not) gives me a hearty chuckle.

I've taken matches off Mango's Puff, fox, falcon, falco, etc.

The only coherent "sets" I beat him in were ROM2 MM's (kinda counts I guess? it was his spacies) and a MM against his falcon at Gigabits (he beat me in tourney though).

But he's beaten me everywhere else pretty much...
There's always the next national, though. I got high hopes for Apex2!

I wouldn't consider him an outlier (then again I'm really biased)

PP is a BEAST

Puff is..........................

a short version of "Jigglypuff". And that should end this whole tier argument fiasco.
looks like uve only beaten me in mm's

anddddddd when u beat my spacies at rom i was drunk

and u no this way not 2 include it in ur post jerk

nicaboy

Smash Champion
fox
sheik
puff/falco
marth
peach

you know what who the **** cares the majority of people use good characters. at this point play the game go for broke good games bro!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik
Puff

Sheik sux. Falco is almost as good as fox. Marth still *****. Puff is good but not broken like the other 4.

Animal

Smash Lord
lolz mango. i think tier list should go something likee....fox/falco/puff/sheik/marth/peach/falcon...who cares about the rest

White_Mike

Smash Lord
IDK honestly I'd say

Fox
Falco
Jiggz
Marth
Falcon/Sheik
Peach

IDK who I would put ahead between falcon and sheik, I think falcon is really underrated and sheik is really overrated though.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Mango has never won a national tournament without maining one of two characters.Mango has never even won a regional tournament while without maining one of two characters(puff and Falco) he is the best player in this world but he's not this outlieing **** machine that people make him out to be. His secondaries(Falco is his second main, not a secondary) get beaten frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom