• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
meh, i might be biased cuz i only play space animals, but most of jigg's "gayness" falls on deaf ears vs fox and falco.

she cant duck rest them (sheik falcon)
uptilt rests are VERY rare because frankly jiggs in never on the ground and spacies also have to be at a high percent for it to work.
she cant rest anything they do out of sheild, except like smashes and dash attack which you shouldnt be doing anyway.
and honestly, upthrow rest doesnt bother me, its so easy to DI and get away with nothing more than a few percent from pound.

which wittles all her 'gayness" down to just jab reset rest and gimps. the former being avoidable quite easily and the latter being your own fault for getting grabbed near the ledge by a character with short grab range and a bad sheild and bad ground mobility.

so when people complain about how broken jiggs is, im just like "meh, she's good but broken is a stretch"

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Of course puff is flawed her biggest flaw just like everyone else in the game is the player, other than that uber light(ceiling wise), slow, weakish ground game, very limited when you come from directly from above or below, and approach.

Puff is ******** but not broken.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Not adding much, but I dont think uptilt rest is all that rare.

I think sometimes they go into a uair rest from uptilt so that they have worse DI on the rest.

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
Of course puff is flawed her biggest flaw just like everyone else in the game is the player, other than that uber light(ceiling wise), slow, weakish ground game, very limited when you come from directly from above or below, and approach.

Puff is ******** but not broken.
Why are you making coherent and thought out posts all of the sudden? Perhaps you are not as Carzy as you've lead us to believe? I can't believe I'm saying this but ICG did a good job illustrating Puff's flaws.

Signia

Smash Lord
WTF, that post is not coherent at all and he is not making any good points. the player is a character's biggest flaw? lol cmon the player's got nothing to do with character strengths/weaknesses.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Not adding much, but I dont think uptilt rest is all that rare.

I think sometimes they go into a uair rest from uptilt so that they have worse DI on the rest.
vs spacies? i think its hella rare

when she ever gonna be on the ground against them in a position to uptilt? not only that, but its not like it has good priority and she can hope other characters just run into the way falco can literally just through his uptilt out and it will beat most characters entire moveset.

plus, in order to get the proper lift to rest it, they have to be atleast around 40ish and even then its susceptable to CC.

and she cant do cheap tricks like empty short hop->uptilt into their sheild like she can vs falcon cuz their aerials are too fast oos.

i dunno, she can get it on some chars but not spacies

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
vs spacies? i think its hella rare

when she ever gonna be on the ground against them in a position to uptilt? not only that, but its not like it has good priority and she can hope other characters just run into the way falco can literally just through his uptilt out and it will beat most characters entire moveset.

plus, in order to get the proper lift to rest it, they have to be atleast around 40ish and even then its susceptable to CC.

and she cant do cheap tricks like empty short hop->uptilt into their sheild like she can vs falcon cuz their aerials are too fast oos.

i dunno, she can get it on some chars but not spacies
I just think it happens more often than VERY RARELY.

Im not really trying to come up with reasons that all in all dont actually prove anything lol.

I just think Ive seen it happen enough to where Id say its something to watch out for, but dont base your game around it. Just IMO really

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think it's safe to assume that whether or not puff is broken, she is still above falcon and peach. (in top tier IMO) but doesn't that mean we need another "official final" tier list?

it's been over a year and a half without an update or a pause in the development of melee's metagame.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
metaknight should be able to have jigglypuff's rest, and be able to cancel tornado into rest in 1 frame
Almost. I think it would be better to give puff's song 5 times the range and let it auto-snap edges to increase planking ability.

i think it's safe to assume that whether or not puff is broken, she is still above falcon and peach. (in top tier IMO) but doesn't that mean we need another "official final" tier list?

it's been over a year and a half without an update or a pause in the development of melee's metagame.
it was assumed that Melee would die and brawl would just absorb everything. Since Melee is more then alive and well and still developing and changing so should this list. I mean. Gannon has beat puff and Falco alot recently..:chuckle:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the player is a character's biggest flaw?
Can any chartcer be mindgamed, rage quit, have pressure get to them, not adapt in time, and general they can puff not the player make no mistakes? yeah puff doesn't make mistakes the player ALWAYS does.

I don't think you understand how flawed the mind is do you? My whole playstyle is normally about abusing their biggest flaw the mind.Top players have flawed minds also no one is perfect by anymeans.

But tell me how the player every single chacrcters biggest flaw?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya? So? You are still limited to what your character do, assuming you are using him at top potential. It's not like I can make Ganon run fast or anything.. but I can compensate by wavelanding on platforms which is good. You just have to know your weaknesses and try to hide them or not show them for the opponent to exploit.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ya? So? You are still limited to what your character do, assuming you are using him at top potential. It's not like I can make Ganon run fast or anything.. but I can compensate by wavelanding on platforms which is good. You just have to know your weaknesses and try to hide them or not show them for the opponent to exploit.
Yea, pretty much thats how low tiers do well.

I dont think any character in melee is utter trash, just some dont have uber super moves and some have flaws and exploitable features. I mean big ones, everyone has flaws or exp features.

You just have to learn to mask or hide the flaws and play up the strengths.

Someday tho kage, someday ganon will be as fast as falcon lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so when is the next update for the tier list?

it's not like it really matters i guess.
i'd just like to see an update.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I dont think any character in melee is utter trash, just some dont have uber super moves and some have flaws and exploitable features. I mean big ones, everyone has flaws or exp features.

Well I am able to win vs any Falcon out there with Ganon, so that's good enough for me, =D.

It's my favorite matchup (It's freaking manly and it's so fun for some reason) I don't care about DD camping or anything like that, it's easy to counter when you know how.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well I am able to win vs any Falcon out there with Ganon, so that's good enough for me, =D.

It's my favorite matchup (It's freaking manly and it's so fun for some reason) I don't care about DD camping or anything like that, it's easy to counter when you know how.
angle tilts right?;)

how do yqou like gannon vs Marth?

VA

Smash Hero
I think Pikachu is sick, quick attack is one of the most awesome and underused moves in the game. It has so much potential, Axe puts it to really effective use.

Fletch

Smash Master

Someone AR Captain Falcondorf to just be Ganon with Falcons speed.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
angle tilts right?;)

how do yqou like gannon vs Marth?
Hm not always, but sometimes yes.. I mean if you are in range when Falcon is DD you, then you can waveland super far to reach him into a jab or tilt.. it can really throw him off. Also, you must know what moves beat certain Falcon's move.. like Bair beats the Nair of Falcon when properly spaced for example.. it's not really an issue for me anymore since I think I've got mostly everything down so it just really comes down to making the right moves at the right time.

As for Marth vs Ganon, I also like the matchup very much.. I find it easy but the way the matchup feels to me is not that good. I mean that it's slightly boring.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hm not always, but sometimes yes.. I mean if you are in range when Falcon is DD you, then you can waveland super far to reach him into a jab or tilt.. it can really throw him off. Also, you must know what moves beat certain Falcon's move.. like Bair beats the Nair of Falcon when properly spaced for example.. it's not really an issue for me anymore since I think I've got mostly everything down so it just really comes down to making the right moves at the right time.

As for Marth vs Ganon, I also like the matchup very much.. I find it easy but the way the matchup feels to me is not that good. I mean that it's slightly boring.
I see. Boring int the sense that you have to use your fist to fight a *** with a long *** weapon?:chuckle:

Next time we're at the same venue I'd like to try my marth against your ganon if you don't mind.

Dart!

Smash Master
one last thing to add about jiggs...IMO the reason jiggs is on top is because the person who is on top is using said character.

like ken was using marth, marth was on top then.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Puff isn't #1. She is probably just above falcon, still below peach. Mango and Hbox are just very good players and win with a good character.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Puff isn't #1. She is probably just above falcon, still below peach. Mango and Hbox are just very good players and win with a good character.
I think it's more like she's tied for 1st with Falco and Fox. She's at least definitely above Peach.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Now everyone that thinks Puff is #1 or tied with spacies say so too like always.

Yup that's me - her matchups are better than sheik's or marth's imo.

I swear it was decided that she was tied for #1 /thread already.

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
^ hahahaha you're just too good at making characters really gay. So yeah, how about that puff, she's better than falcon, peach, and marth. I don't know about Sheik but I feel like that's also a possibility. I'm not sure about a lot as far as the future of Melee but I feel like Spacies have the most staying power and will consistently remain towards the top few spots. But hey what do I know. I'm pretty n00by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom