• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I'm not arguing that there are no benefits to the shine. I simply think that it doesn't address any of his "real" problems, namely that when you shut down his WD his range is really constricted and defined. He's also got extremely limited interactions with platform campers.
oh of course it does not remedy his specific problems, i just think there are a variety of very cheezy kill setups that luigi could do with shine, more than most characters.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think having a shine on any character would buff them quite a bit. . . it would allow most characters to shine after an aerial on shield, which makes them not need to worry about spacing in many instances, it protects characters from combos that don't quite work, or things like CG, ex: Yoshi with shine would probably see a drop in his vulnerability to CGs. Even if characters don't have the mechanics to do huge combos out of it, every character can probably get more than just the shine, with either Fox or Falco's shine. Ex: Yoshi shines but can't follow up, and can only throw an egg. With either shine he will get about 20% for a move that comes out in frame, so it becomes a threat of racking damage + gaining position, instead of starting a combo. Other instances would be like DK, who could probably get shine neutral B with fox shine, and not start a combo, but maybe get a finisher/damage/poke. Almost every character with either shine would have some sort of option on most characters that would become a super safe threat.

If any character gained a shine, either fox's or falco's they would benefit from it defensively alone by a huge margin. Yoshi would actually probably do really well, if you consider that his N-air comes out in 3 frames and goes +1 on shield, DJC Nair + shine would be unstoppable shield pressure, he wouldn't be CGed as hard, he could attack shields for free -> shield pressure and all that would be enough to make Yoshi really good, then add on shine combos and Yoshi would become a hugely viable character. It would probably play out like spacies, where nobody ever wants to shield because how disadvantageous it is, and Yoshi not jumping OoS isn't such a big deal.

Similar cases can probably be made for every character.

Shine is a good move for anyone, although some characters don't have the mechanics to use it to its full potential, that just means that they would only become really good, one of the strongest characters in the game. They might not become so overwhelmingly overpowered that the game is focused around countering them or playing them.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think we should get off spaceballs for a bit. Lets start hypotheticals about other broken moves?

Peach's Dsmash? Floatcanceling? Puff's Rest? sheik's Dthrows?

phish-it

Smash Champion
If any character gained a shine, either fox's or falco's they would benefit from it defensively alone by a huge margin. Yoshi would actually probably do really well, if you consider that his N-air comes out in 3 frames and goes +1 on shield, DJC Nair + shine would be unstoppable shield pressure
It wouldn't be unstoppable because the moves would stale thus having less shield stun.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What if puff had falco's lasers
She'd be SS-tier.

what if anyone had puff's anything
Someone could have Puff's Dtilt or Dair and still suck......so...

Lets try to focus on 1 at a time though for lolz....so I'm going to go with....Puff's Rest.

Who gains? who loses?

Personally I say Pichu. And it has a damaging lighting attack after that wakes him up so he doesn't sleep more than half a second....rigged right?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's definitely more useful than Samus's....but I don't see why you would go for an even better one, like Sheik/Fox. It was really random, hence my confusion.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Characters being linked together is too broken to be interesting.

I'd rather flesh out my instant-transformation idea. :awesome:

Down-B would allow you to transform between the two spacies.

It would also have the shine hitbox of the spacie you are transforming into, hit frame 1, be JCable, and have set KB. Start as Falco, dair, down-B (instantly transform into Fox with Fox's shine coming out), waveshine, SH drill, down-B (instantly transform into Falco with Falco's shine coming out), FH, down-B (transform), DJ to JC the shine, Fox's uair.

I should totally make my own fighting game.
Roy dtilt, transform, Marth tipper.

Marth fthrow on Jiggs, react to DI in, transform and reverse Blazer for 0% kill.

Mario fair spike, opponent tech rolls behind him, transform, misfire KO.

TheLake

Smash Master
zelda with ice climbers mechanics

so like

theres shiek and zelda running around

shiek grabs zelda kicks

mhmmmmmmm

the way it was meant to be

down b switches control

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
This thread is so silly but so fun. Yoshi eggs turn into more yoshis. I just want yoshi everywhere, maybe form a gang. With cute little armbands...

Top Bottom