• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

VietGeek

Smash Hero
since there's no invincibility on wake-up, it's no shoryuken, and 1 frame mid-way on a high commitment move doesn't real help it stuff much (as in, in cases where upb does hit something, chances are that would occur regardless of the invincibility).

i think giving the ability for upb to actually trade hits would allow marth a situation where he would receive a trade in his favor advantage-wise. the sweetspot hitbox is so massive that it's unlikely a trade wouldn't occur (if it doesn't occur and you win, more power to marth; if you get stuffed for some reason, there's a high likelihood that under the current conditions, "vanilla" marth would still lose out, if you trade, the knockback is usually high enough that you win frame advantage).

however, i do admit it's difficult to see how such a change would affect him as the 1-frame invincibility is so subtle that i never stop and think (huh, this one-frame is really useful for me, especially in situation x, y, etc. or it helped me stuff edgeguard attempt z or w/e). it's a little harder to imagine considering all the nuances one has to consider, compared to say "hey let's give marth his brawl dolphin slash so he has a legit wake-up option and stuff nearly all frame traps").

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Personal Tier List

-S-
Fox
Falco
Sheik

-A-
Puff
Marth
Peach

-B-
C. Falcon
Ice Climbers

-C-
Samus
Pikachu
Doc
Ganon

-D-
Luigi
DK
Mario
Young Link

-E-
Link
Zelda
Game & Watch

-F-
Roy
Mewtwo
Yoshi
Ness

-G-
Bowser
Pichu
Kirby

methinks this will basically be the next tier list, with the exceptions of maybe gnw and doc

Anand

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how removing invincibility from something can ever help the character in question, can you elaborate?
Imagine if Rest didn't have invincibility. It'd be way better. For example, if you tried to rest as a combo break, and didn't connect, you'd just get hit normally (instead of dodging their attack with Rest and then getting punished super hard for falling asleep). Or you could just try to get more random rests from neutral, since the probability that they'd accidentally wake you up would be way higher.

I think that's the sort of thing that's being discussed re: Marth's up-B, since it is very punishable if you miss and it's hard to follow up if you hit and don't kill (similar to rest).

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The tier list in my humble opinion. Mostly just for fun for me I guess so don't take it too seriously:

S: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Jigglypuff
A: Peach, Marth
B: Falcon, Ice Climbers
C: Doc, Samus, Ganondorf
D: Pikachu, Luigi, Mario
E: DK, Link, Young Link
F: Yoshi, Mewtwo, Zelda, Mr. G&W
G: Roy, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu

t3h Icy

Smash Master
He seems less abysmal against non-floaties to me, but I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falco
Fox
Sheik
Marth

Jigglypuff
Peach
Ice Climbers
Falcon

Doc
Pikachu
Ganondorf and Samus
Luigi
Mario

DK
YL/Link
the rest of the ****ty characters

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
a character with at least 2 unwinnable match ups CAN NOT be better than someone that doesn't have any at all or at most 1.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I really want to make a post about Pikachu but I'm out of country atm so I can't elaborate much...

I think his current tier placement is absolutely nuts though and I can't believe people still put him below ****ing Ganon.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I really want to make a post about Pikachu but I'm out of country atm so I can't elaborate much...

I think his current tier placement is absolutely nuts though and I can't believe people still put him below ****ing Ganon.
You think Pikachu is high tier?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
roy cannot beat ICs or peach
I actually played that matchup against somebody having a serious Roy :D

Not sure whether I'd call it unwinnable (hell, even Kirby / Pichu / Bowser can win against high Tiers), but I'd definitely agree that Roy has a super tough time against Peach (and Yoshi is a better character than Roy will ever be :D).

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ganon is not high tier by any stretch of the word.

Falcon is barely high.

How did you get "Pikachu is high tier" from his statement?
He said that Pikachu placement is "nuts", in that he's too low since he believes he should above Ganon. If Pikachu is mid-tier and that's "nuts" then the next logical assumption is that he should be high tier.

You couldn't decipher than on your own?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ganon Doc Samus are considered pretty mid tier.

Real Tier list for modest and dainty women:

SS. Falco, Fox, Sheik
S. Jiggs, Peach, Marth
A. ICs, Falcon, Dr. Mario
B. Pikachu, Samus, Ganon, Luigi, Mario
C. DK, Link, Y.Link, Yoshi
D. Zelda, Mewtwo, Roy, G&W
E. Ness, Pichu, Kirby, Bowser

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Imo, Bowser is definitely better than Pichu. Pichu is fast, but it has no range or firepower at all (except in its FSmash, which is hard to hit people with) and is, of course, the lightest character in the game.

In short, Pichu has speed but lacks range, firepower, and survivability. Bowser lacks most or all of Pichu's strengths, as well as most or all of his weaknesses as well.

Bowser and Pichu are opposites. :054:

Then again, though, Bowser and Pichu share the same non-fastfall terminal velocity, in spite of their vast weight differences. So they're opposites, but they're also the same.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I think Bowser is better than Pichu, but he might tie with Kirby because he can kill easier but has a worse recovery. I also think that Ness is slightly better than or ties with G&W.

Ness:
-Can L-cancel all aerials, so less lag than G&W
-Good F-air poke
-Good shield, good weight
-Yo-yo glitch
-Very small grab range
-Can't follow up well on grabs
-Fairly slow
-DJC aerials
-Bad smashes aside from F-smash
-Bad recovery
-Can't do much when juggled

G&W:
-Good range and power on aerials
-Most aerials can't be L-canceled so suffers from significant lag
-Extremely small shield, extremely light
-Better grab range than Ness
-Can chaingrab and follow up on grabs
-Decently fast but the lack of many L-canceled aerials negates this
-Pretty good smashes aside from D-smash inner hits
-Decent recovery
-D-air provides an option to stop juggles

D

Deleted member

GAW's movement and grabs are probably better than anything ness has.

in a game where dashgrab is the best thing you can do, bowser is probably the worst character.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
And here I was thinking the biggest **** was going to be for Doc in the same tier as Falcon, or at least Peach over Marth.

Hell I'll be sure to put Roy in bottom 3 next time if it makes people not give a **** about the relevant tiers.

Top Bottom