• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm pretty sure he realized it. Either way, I laughed.

@Kage: Astrology is in NO WAY a legitimate science. Don't have anything else on the other stuff.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm definitely water element at least it says with the astrological sign and how I feel in general too. I think it applies, though I could be earth too. I tested it.

One day with my friend, we decided to test out our energies you know like in Hunter x Hunter they focus their energies on a glass of water with a leaf on top and it has different effects depending on your aura.. but for us we did this by focusing our energies in our hands and try to snap a branch on a tree. For him, the branch snapped clean off.. but when I tried it, the branch did not snap but the whole tree collapsed. It was quite an experience.
LMFAO. 10/10, Kage confirmed for best troll of all time. I almost hacked up a lung laughing at this.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But it really happened! I'm telling you! =(

Purpletuce, I saw your post. The only place anyone is going to be is right here and now.. so do crazy **** while you can! I definitely don't think I'm going to have super powers and that I'm going to be saved in the future, hell no.. my strength is right now and I can choose how I live freely. If I can find some mysterious powers of life then I will and I have to some extent already.

Fyi, I don't really believe in astrology, I think it's pretty funny so I do associate it at times because some of it makes sense to some degree. However, i definitely don't let things like that rule my life in anyway, I just live how I want to be and stuff.

john!

Smash Hero
wtf is with people treating science like some kind of infallible doctrine?

astrology is science. it's poor science with little evidence, but it's still science. quit pretending that your limited preconception of what "science" is (probably just whatever you happen to agree with) holds the answers to everything and is always perfect.

Earth plays off of waiting and position, wind is more mix-up and evasion, water being movement and control, and fire being pressure and aggression.
i don't do any of these btw

i just throw out attacks and try not to get hit

edit: OMG i think i'm the fifth element "heart"

would make sense cuz i main peach

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
*Just watched Jhon! edit his post like. . . 10 times. I feel like seeing what you change. . . makes me inside your mind. Just did it again. . .

john!

Smash Hero
*Just watched Jhon! edit his post like. . . 10 times. I feel like seeing what you change. . . makes me inside your mind. Just did it again. . .
i used to be able to hide my editing obsession... but then they took away the 2 minute time frame when it wouldn't tell everyone that you made a ninja edit

it was a sad day

Guys I'm... ********!
we know.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion

astrology is science. it's poor science with little evidence, but it's still science. quit pretending that your limited preconception of what "science" is (probably just whatever you happen to agree with) holds the answers to everything and is always perfect.
You're better than semantic pedantry, john. Stop it.

john!

Smash Hero
no i'm not

it's important that people realize the correct way to approach new information

hint: it isn't simply deciding that it conflicts with your existing beliefs and then deeming it "non-science"

science is ALL ABOUT finding evidence that conflicts with your existing beliefs. that's literally the entire point.

Marik Ravana

Smash Rookie
no i'm not

it's important that people realize the correct way to approach new information

hint: it isn't simply deciding that it conflicts with your existing beliefs and then deeming it "non-science"

science is ALL ABOUT finding evidence that conflicts with your existing beliefs. that's literally the entire point.
Has anyone ever heard of Objectivism, the "Ayn Rand cult"? She is an excellent example of a brilliant woman with a brilliant philosophy who, since she established herself in the minds of her followers as the voice of reason and logic, was [and is], to them, unquestionably "right", "true", "reasonable". I've noticed that many of the nouveau atheists view their favorite figures and ideas similarly.

Evaluate and explore all that you experience that is functionally relevant to your existence.

Astrology is just empirically inaccurate theory, that's all. With some revisioning it could be metaphorically articulated astronomy.

EDIT: I always fancied myself as "fire". :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Probably decay.

Although I think you could make a case for burned alive if it's done slowly enough and exaggerates pain. Some metal might be required though.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I'm a Yoshi element. I'll stampede you kids. Ever been stampeded on before?

Exactly - because nobody survives.

Want to see what I'm talking about? Turn on melee, wait for the game to play clips for the characters, notice the one with a stampede? That is a rainbow of Yoshis, like a gang. You have lasers? I have 1,000 rainbow dinosaurs to run train on your a**.

(Contributing to the seriousness of this thread)

(How do people post GIFs in the forum?)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This thread is to the point where I'd be willing to discuss Peach being over Marth, just to get it to stop...

Max?

Smash Champion
This thread continues to be terrible, so as a Leo who was born on a day when every planet in the solar system was aligned, I command you all to eat a ****.

D

Deleted member

the scientific lens just makes it very easy to distinguish logical fallacies, which is very useful when you're trying to exchange ideas like we do on this forum. good debating practices and boolean logic can also do this, but i think most of us have less exposure to them due to implications to our education system that aren't really relevant to the problem.

i know that people are quick to dismiss other equally valid points of view, but you should at least understand why they do it so you can work around it. i've seen your post quality and i know you're smart enough to comprehend things like this, so i encourage you to actively practice this skill when you get the chance.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Astrology will become a "science" when it becomes something more than a pseudo-science with no evidence behind it. Cause you know, things that have been proven in science have EVIDENCE behind them?

No one said that it was infallible. It's quite the opposite, actually, since humans are studying it and working with it, which is why things with NO evidence should be discounted until there IS evidence. Copious amounts of it. Seriously.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Cause you know, things that have been proven in science have EVIDENCE behind them?
*Glances over the tier list*

how can this be similar? Why are people talking about science....here...? Science has factual and evident backing. If you were going from 2010-present based purely on evidence....then this list should look a liiiiiiiiiittle different....but yeah, whatever, I'm not here..proceed.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Because Melee players are bad at staying on topic. The tier list hasn't been in discussion for maybe, 50 pages (approx.)

Top Bottom