• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Astrology will become a "science" when it becomes something more than a pseudo-science with no evidence behind it. Cause you know, things that have been proven in science have EVIDENCE behind them?

No one said that it was infallible. It's quite the opposite, actually, since humans are studying it and working with it, which is why things with NO evidence should be discounted until there IS evidence. Copious amounts of it. Seriously.
Well there was evidence that we only use 10% of our brain power, there's evidence that we are basically mini-universes inside us. How big do you think a universe is? Can you imagine what you can do if you have total control over your energy? You can definitely do things normal people can't even begin to comprehend. You can feel things that you weren't even aware of.. we all think we are super big and powerful but seriously with that kind of mindset, you can't even grow that much because you think you know everything by inputting the label of science over what you think you know. We live as long as the universe tells us to, we have no control with what happens daily. When you actually let go a little and be vulnerable to the changes that happen to you, that's where you can start to feel amazing things.

The fire helps you cook things but what if the sun explodes at some point? We're all dead. Water helps you hydrate yourself, you can swim in it too.. but then as soon as the water decides to move, we're helpless. There's also tsunamis and stuff, we're ****ed if anything happens. Then there's hurricanes and tornados or earthquakes.. see?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kage from reading that post now i know why people say the things they say about you

hahahahhhahahaha

what are you talking about dude

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nope I haven't smoked in a while actually, I always think things like that. You know expand your mind ffs!! It started when I was around 16 years old with this simple question. What if there's more to it than what we are taught to do?

It's not about what you think you know, it's what you do with it!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Well there was evidence that we only use 10% of our brain power, there's evidence that we are basically mini-universes inside us. How big do you think a universe is? Can you imagine what you can do if you have total control over your energy? You can definitely do things normal people can't even begin to comprehend. You can feel things that you weren't even aware of.. we all think we are super big and powerful but seriously with that kind of mindset, you can't even grow that much because you think you know everything by inputting the label of science over what you think you know. We live as long as the universe tells us to, we have no control with what happens daily. When you actually let go a little and be vulnerable to the changes that happen to you, that's where you can start to feel amazing things.

The fire helps you cook things but what if the sun explodes at some point? We're all dead. Water helps you hydrate yourself, you can swim in it too.. but then as soon as the water decides to move, we're helpless. There's also tsunamis and stuff, we're ****ed if anything happens. Then there's hurricanes and tornados or earthquakes.. see?
Im into this kind of stuff too, but on a forum where most have an atheist-scientific worldview, having a discussion about new age, parapsychology and other "hokey, unscientific, mumbojumbo etc." stuff is basically asking for disrispect.
Dis-Rispect.

Also the 10% brain use is a myth afaik.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well at least I was able to start something up but I guess it's asking too much for people to think outside the box for once though i guess that's also why most of them remain scrubs as well.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Well at least I was able to start something up but I guess it's asking too much for people to think outside the box for once.
There are actually studies referring that humans might possess some psychic abilities. But since there is no theory to explain the findings, that and the scientific taboo, they are considered highly controversial, much more so in the west than in the east.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, typing on phone.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There are actually studies referring that humans might possess some psychic abilities. But since there is no theory to explain the findings, that and the scientific taboo, they are considered highly controversial, much more so in the west than in the east.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, typing on phone.
Well if they are no theories then that's why you have to try things yourself, for example simply paying attention to little details to what happens to your body when you eat, when you do exercise already can make you more sensitive to your own energies. I know that much is definitely true.. because obviously there's tons of things going on inside that we aren't aware of, we are generally very distracted with outside influences to actually just sit there and just pay attention to you.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Well if they are no theories then that's why you have to try things yourself, for example simply paying attention to little details to what happens to your body when you eat, when you do exercise already can make you more sensitive to your own energies. I know that much is definitely true.. because obviously there's tons of things going on inside that we aren't aware of, we are generally very distracted with outside influences to actually just sit there and just pay attention to you.
Well most people are not suited to develop those theories. I presume parapsychologists are mainly interested in reoccuring, unexplained, common phenomena that can be studied.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "energies" since the term is used so vaguely nowadays. Paying more attention is always beneficial, that is why everyone should get into meditation. I find myself lingering on trough my days in this weird unattentive, distracted comatose kind of state where i miss a lot of good things.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Going outside your comfort zone and into the unknown is what everyone should be doing. It's by not being able to understand something that you'll learn to adapt and become a bit greater from that experience once you actually have the skill to understand it. If not then you'll stay in your zone about what you think you know and you'll never grow that way. How can you know so much about anything if you haven't tried yourself? You can cite all the stuff you read, i dont care.. It should not mean anything to you unless you have internalized it yourself.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
There is a risk and reward to believing things.
So if someone comes up to me with the belief that I have untapped "energy", I evaulate...:

RISK: Looking like an idiot, wasting my time. High chance of risk occurring because none of my past experiences have indicated or even alluded to said energy being real.
REWARD: Harnessing energy. Very low chance of reward occurring.

There is no more reason to pursue this trek outside of my comfort zone than there is to defecate on a salad 5 times in a row and then taste it to see if it improves the flavour. Have you tried this, Kage? Branch out into the unknown!!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There is a risk and reward to believing things.
So if someone comes up to me with the belief that I have untapped "energy", I evaulate...:

RISK: Looking like an idiot, wasting my time. High chance of risk occurring because none of my past experiences have indicated or even alluded to said energy being real.
REWARD: Harnessing energy. Very low chance of reward occurring.

There is no more reason to pursue this trek outside of my comfort zone than there is to defecate on a salad 5 times in a row and then taste it to see if it improves the flavour. Have you tried this, Kage? Branch out into the unknown!!!
Oh I eat my food very slowly, it's actually made me happier doing it like this rather than just eating it because you are hungry. Like I said there's more to it than what you take for granted such as eating. It doesn't really improve the flavors as much as enjoying the whole process of things.. that's my point, being aware of what's happening, just slow things down.. you know?

Marik Ravana

Smash Rookie
Two haggard young men are stooped over chipped, stained oak tables in a dusty, dimly lit corner office. One is casually folding up a wrinkled newspaper, shaking his head, a crooked smirk twisting grizzled features that were once handsome, sunken blue eyes passing quickly over the headlines, "Another crashed glider..." The other man, two years his junior, is bent over a thin, blue sheet, well-weathered like old parchment, his wide-open green eyes darting from an etched line to a scribbled word, from a circled list to a thoroughly edited construction of parts. He suddenly stops, his pencil hand trembling, then exploding into a flurry of motion, a series of strokes, jerks, and quivers. The elder brother peers over his newspaper at the younger brother, eternally perplexed by some thing that was incomprehensible to him. He begins to turn towards the cobwebbed grandfather clock on the west wall when a sudden shout stops him, "It's finished!" The elder turns back to the younger, his right hand holding a rotting pipe to scornfully creased lips. As the younger turns to his elder, hoisting proudly the scrawled and scarred sky-blue parchment, the elder leans back onto creaking wooden floorboards, laughing in short, jagged bursts. "Look out, yes, there, into the lobby, do we have time for this nonsense?" The younger slowly lowers his papyrus treasure, his gaze jerked roughly on a cord toward the moldy windows of the dingy lobby that housed several rusted frames of over-sized bicycles. The elder turns back toward the family heirloom, the antique grandfather clock, his eyes catching momentarily on the newspaper as if upon a knife, "Besides...what will the neighbors think?" The large, traditionally designed hands of the clock bear out their lifeless meter upon the drained face of a once beautiful mechanism: 8:50pm. The elder shrugs, the motion a sloppily performed lifting and dropping of useless muscles, and totters out of the shop's battered front door on bloated haunches. Once outside, he turns quickly from the view of the purple and red horizon, as an aging deacon averts his gaze from a dolled up lady. He quickly picks up the "open" board, flips it, and drops it hurriedly over the withered storefront lettering that reads "Wright Brothers Bicycles".

Stevo

Smash Champion
Doc > Pika > Ganon > Samus imo

Doc, Pika, and Ganon all have current players winning (or getting in the top placings) of tournaments right now. Samus players just kinda win some matches sometimes.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't really think Ganon is worse than Pika. Yet, anyways. I feel as though the ability to control space, and guaranteed follows on everyone from grabs (Pika's grab being harder to land anyways) is just more important than Pika's fast approach and high gimp potential. In terms of MUs, Sheik hurts a LOT for Pika. At least Ganon can CG her back. Ganon also does better vs Peach, I'm sure, and probably Marth. Dunno about Puff.

Samus, to me, is just an extremely solid mid tier. As in, among her tier mates, she seems to be the most solid/least polarized of the them. Which is sort of why I don't know if I can say that she's worse than Pika. She can handle spacies even if FD is banned. :\

We should also discuss Peach/Marth more.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Ganon just gets totally shut down by intelligent spacies players. He has nothing other mindgames going in his favor. I believe that Doc, Samus, and Pika all stand a much better chance against spacies.

Like...Ganon gets ***** by S tier (minus Jiggs) really ****ing badly, but in my opinion does better than Pika, Doc, and Samus against all of the A Tier chars.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I know that, out of those four, Pika and Ganon do the worst vs Peach. Ganon probably does slightly better than Pika, though... That Doc and Samus do better is pretty important.

Stevo

Smash Champion
So.....

A tier list is a list of characters ranked best to worst in their likelihood to perform well in a tournament setting in the near future based on recent, relevant tournament results. We then separate characters at statistically significant gaps to be grouped with their relative equals, and those groupings are called "tiers". A tier list is, in essence, a "prediction" list as to how any given character will fare in a competitive setting. We naturally assume top level of play.

... is this what we are using as the definition for our tier list?

I'm just curious if we even came to an agreement on that or not.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yea stevo i think that is the definition that ppl are using now

my mental tier lists, though, are more of a web of matchups and i'll rank characters according to how "good" i "feel" they are in comparison to each other.

i'm sure this won't fly in the mbr. lol.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
In terms of MUs
This is what I care about.

Sheik hurts a LOT for Pika. At least Ganon can CG her back.
Yup.

Ganon also does better vs Peach, I'm sure
Ganon does better vs Peach, I would argue. His weight and KO potential are a huge factor. Also, Peach can't just crouch cancel everything that Ganon does.

and probably Marth.
Actually, Marth controls Ganon really well, and kind of owns the matchup by abusing his speed advantage. He is less able to do that vs Pikachu, and he also has difficulty edgeguarding Pikachu.

Dunno about Puff.
Puff owns both Pikachu and Ganon, but I would argue that Ganon does slightly better because of his ability to counterzone, which Pikachu lacks.

Samus, to me, is just an extremely solid mid tier. As in, among her tier mates, she seems to be the most solid/least polarized of the them. Which is sort of why I don't know if I can say that she's worse than Pika. She can handle spacies even if FD is banned. :\
Don't forget that Sheik and Falcon wreck Samus pretty badly. Samus is also the only mid tier you've mentioned that lacks a 7 frame grab (grapple characters have the problem of shield being really effective vs them). Ganon, Doc, and Pikachu can also contend with Samus in their respective matchups, which is noteworthy too, I think.

Yep. Samus' ability to deal with spacies is one of her more appealing attributes.

We should also discuss Peach/Marth more.
I agree.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
considering axe does so well vs sheik i don't think the general population understands the matchup yet

odinNJ

Smash Lord
DOOD, Shpongle is so wonderful!

I gotta come up to a No Johns soon.
Yes you do, Come to the next one, I have a friend who reall wants to meet you (he's a new weej main) and he raves about your vids

Top Bottom