• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The difference between Pichu and Ness is that Pichu can attack shields without getting gangraped.

Ness for second worst character, Pichu for third worst character.

Kirby is obviously the worst character in Melee.

Armada

Smash Lord
Sveet: "if every hit in a match was a trade, who would beat peach"
No one but it will never happen :p

Peachs trades are AWESOME and for sure something every peach should work a bit more on. A lot of (not close to all of them) trades are happening on kinda poor spaceing from the other player. Also some situations when it always will trade if both player space/time correctly. Still a lot of those situations are happening severall of times because people don't know why/if something will trade.

But it is for sure REALLY good. I just thought you used your words kinda wrong and wasn't sure how to react to that kind of post :p

Yeah the other part was to you and many more people.
"How many players do we need playing a character at a certain level in order to say the character is that good"?

Ofc results are important but people put to much focus on it. I wanna see people try to understand things instead of jumping into conclussions based on results

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say he's the worst char. Maybe top of G, bottom of F.
He's not hopeless like Kirby and can do some damage to some of the top tiers

Bones0

Smash Legend
The difference between Pichu and Ness is that Pichu can attack shields without getting gangraped.

Ness for second worst character, Pichu for third worst character.

Kirby is obviously the worst character in Melee.
Ness can attack shields just fine... DJC bair is so safe that you can just dash away after and there's nothing they can do. Fair can easily be spaced so they can't punish. Uair has enough stun that they can't just grab or else they risk getting jabbed/dtilted/utilted right after. Dair also has a lot of stun. Even dash attack is pretty hard to punish if it was spaced properly. Fsmash knocks them really far back so it's hard to punish if spaced as well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Am I overrating peach's success with trades? If every hit in a match was a trade, who would beat peach? In some matchups/situations I've seen you just look to trade hits and it works really well.

I don't think the other part was directed at me, but I can't cut it out on my phone

:phone:
Falcon and Ganon would **** Peach that way.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Grab to what? mediocre techchasing / suicide gimping? Its his strong point, thats like saying bowser should be f tier because of his Bup. Or kirby because of the back air, he still is as bad as all the f tiers (not yoshi IMO). And he also gets comboed and gimped harder than 90 of the cast, due to hitstun and fall speed.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Roy is mid-weight-ish, hitstun doesn't **** him over that hard. It is just his falling speed.

Roy has grab > good techchasing, not mediocre. Both dtilt and grab lead to death combos, and these aren't situational either, they are pretty easy to pull off once you get a feel for the character.

He also has side-b, which is a much better spacing move than anything the other garbage tiers have to offer. MUCH better.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Both dtilt and grab lead to death combos, and these aren't situational either, they are pretty easy to pull off once you get a feel for the character. .
The dtilt only really leads to instant death on spacies, and roys finisher: the glorious fsmash, is slower and more obvious than most kill moves.

He also has side-b, which is a much better spacing move than anything the other garbage tiers have to offer. MUCH better.
Easily crouch canceled (as are most of his moves) and can lead to roy being demolished

You also kind of just passed off the whole "he is a combo bag" thing.

I agree with you that he is not G tier though, I wasnt really considering bowser or ness when I wrote that.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Cool, also I hope a new tier list is in the works, I want to see where samus and luigi end up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
roy has 3-5 literally unwinnable MUs.

how is he not the worst character in the game?

this is coming from a roy main of 3-4 years

odinNJ

Smash Lord
NO! WHY! such a good roy being lost to such a stupid character!
This better be a troll

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy is still probably my best, sadly, then my marth then puff.

but my Roy is going to be sidelined from now on

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I respect that you are embarking on a new character journey, but still. Now there are going to be even fewer decent roy videos. Btw, do you honeslty think roy is G tier worthy, i mean hes bad but not hopeless

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
bottom of F tier actually, maybe above G&W...maybe.

only because people who actually know roys limits know the only thing he can do to ANYONE below 50% is grab. he get's punished for uairing people below that % also

odinNJ

Smash Lord
well, all of his moves including Dtilt can be cced at low percentage, we know that, but grabs can lead to techchases. luckily he has a great grab range :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'd like my characters to have things that are more guaranteed out of grabs, to be honest.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah the other part was to you and many more people.
"How many players do we need playing a character at a certain level in order to say the character is that good"?

Ofc results are important but people put to much focus on it. I wanna see people try to understand things instead of jumping into conclussions based on results
What I mean is, if you are the only person showing peach's potential, can we say anything about that level of peach or are we limited to talking about the level the majority of top peach players are on?

(btw, i agree with everything else you've said)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I believe Roy has potential. I may/may not be as awesome as Ripple, Sethlon, Neo, etc.. and all the Roys before me, but my Roy isn't that bad either... that I can promise you, or for those who've seen it, perhaps some already approve. I mean idk.. :(

I hope to impress with him to many of you.

I've faith. n_n

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Vman you going to FC? I really want to play you!

edit- also, after FC, when is the next national/international tournament? I want to get out of the MW to a national, and finally I might be able to put forth the time/money to do it!

past_b

Smash Apprentice
i think it is safe to say that peach is a formidable character since we have vanz, mac, and armada...saying peach is top tier cause of armada is silly though...

i think all of the characters who are considered top tier are pretty well represented to the point that tourney results could be significantly used to determine which character is best. fox, falco, peach, falcon, marth, and a couple of climbers are being used consistently in tourney. i feel like tourney results could sway the vote as to which character is better than the other.(besides jiggs... hbox could either be an outlier or indication of how strong the character actually is, who knows)

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I believe Roy has potential. I may/may not be as awesome as Ripple, Sethlon, Neo, etc.. and all the Roys before me, but my Roy isn't that bad either... that I can promise you, or for those who've seen it, perhaps some already approve. I mean idk.. :(

I hope to impress with him to many of you.

I've faith. n_n
I have faith in Roy and ness. That doesn't mean I think they are good. I'm happy that your using. Roy though. Ripple is switching to jiggs

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd probably do well to switch to Jigglypuff, but I'd rather retain my testicles.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You'd probably beat most people with your Bowser, Mewtwo, Kirby, Pichu, Ness, and G&W. That doesn't prove much.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
You're M2K. I couldnt take a stock
Off your Roy with mine if I tried. I love how good you are at gimping though. Just looks so nice

Bing

Smash Master
Roy is not that bad. I'd money match most of you w/ roy to show you. Most roys aren't that good but he is SLIGHTLY underrated imo (nowhere near worst character).
You're M2K. I couldnt take a stock
Off your Roy with mine if I tried. I love how good you are at gimping though. Just looks so nice
pfft, gotta have faith. I barely make bracket and Im pretty positive I could atleast take a stock... :p Especially if its not on his mains XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i only play roy to try to get successful counters on obvious finisher attacks

feels so satisfying to get instant death off a hard read. it's not like rest where you can react to something that was whiffed or blocked, or a random hit confirm... you gotta know they will attack at that moment!

Top Bottom