• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the trajectory of his throws is still something i need to get used to. i am trying to think of him as "strengths of roy" when i play him rather than "differences to marth"

a tough adjustment. LOL

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if i win i get all ur winnings at impulse
if u win u get all mine

roy vs. dk, fd only

U READY?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy's current spot on the tier list is an overestimate m2k, idk what you're talking about.

play against a samus, ICS, peach, sheik, puff, marth and you'll see how terrible his options are.

a [glow]decent[/glow] MU with the spacies doesn't make up for his terribleness.

Wake

Smash Master
I agree with Ripple. I think Roy is, in the very least, fine where he is if not overrated on the current tier list.

And besides, he has that cool glowy text.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Just CC everything Roy does until all of his hopes and dreams fade away.
his dd jc grab is just as easy to to do as marth's. it's a great grab, it just doesn't punish as hard. there isn't always a simple answer!

it is true that roy's inability to kill greatly hinders him, but i've been finding some new tech that makes him a little more viable. his shffls are very fast and can create a defense. everything should lead into either fsmash or side-B combo. side-B combo into the 3rd hit upB spike can lead into some cool roll chase situations since most people won't tech this because they're not used to roy.

getting counter kills is also VERY, VERY satisfying. most people tend to forget this move because the timing is weird and strict... but just practice against a few SHL's, din's fires, and samus missiles and you'll get the timing. then you'll be able to counter falcon's reckless knee on reaction and kill him and feel SOOOOOO good about yourself.

and then you can laugh as you watch him dash dance and jump around because falcon is actually respecting roy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that kid is too good for tournaments so he is now trying to hit it off in the real world

(he has won nearly every friendly he's played lol, he whips it out and is so #RARE and #BASED)

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Roy is a bad character who gets obliterated by some of the most commony played characters.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Pichu-ICs is not as bad as Roy's worst matchups.

At least Pichu can kinda sorta hit them. And occassionally thunderjolt. Thats something.

Roy on the other hand lives in constant fear of using a move.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I swear IC beat Roy so bad ou might as well not even try. Just hope they SD

odinNJ

Smash Lord
The last tier list was lazy about the f tier. It's not as important as the top tier in MBR minds.

Bing

Smash Master
Perfect then its set, two unwilling combatants enter into the Impulse ring to battle it out. Winner gets the money, loser gets shiny and silky smooth legs. Gentlemen, I bid you both Goodluck.

Top Bottom