• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Marth is a pretty awful character tbh.

Pichu can just space with bair, dash-dance and if the Marth player makes a mistake in his spacing Pichu is right there with an Agility and will juggle him to hell and back.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
If the Marth makes less mistake than pichu he's fine. Also falcon gets comboed and gimped harder than Marth. But go ask Some pichu main about it

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Falcon gets combo'd quite hard by Pichu, yep.

If Falcon lands a single hit in pretty much any situation on Pichu that is a stock though, I don't think any other character can boast that.

If Pichu gets knocked down he has the worst tech/get-up rolls in the game. He dies stupid early to knee and is easily combo'd due to his weight (more hitstun) and falling speed (not a floaty).

Then you just factor in that Falcon has way better range than Pichu and his ranged attacks like nair are actually fast unlike Marth, and that he is fast himself...

Yep.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Maybe. I dont know much about the mini rat. I'd assume that Marth would just be harder to get at.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Pichu Marth is like one of his better high tier mu's because he can get in on Marth. Also Pichu's neutral tech is the same as Pichu's (so the best in the game). Iirc he only has 2 frames of vulnerability before he is actionable.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
look, i know captain falcon dies really early to most chars, but for the love of gawd its PICHU
although im kinda surprised to hear it not being shiek
can anyone tell me explicitly which low tiers shiek completely and utterly wrecks (worst matchup?)
actually, im also curious about falcon too cuz falcon just feels like a char who would wreck low tiers (both he and shiek combo and kill low tiers to oblivion)

Bing

Smash Master
Pichu does have the fantastic ability to juggle with uair, nair/dair gimps which can also **** marth whos recovery when off stage(at a distance, implying he has to side-B). Pichu can use agility and cancel into the ground and nair, grab etc. Pichu does have a decent d-throw tech chase game and a pretty good off stage game in general, I believe it is a very winnable and viable MU. However Pichu will always be Pichu, so if the players are relatively close in skill, you start off the match at a disadvantage if you're the Pichu.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Bowser-Sheik
Roy-ICs
Roy-Peach
Roy-Samus
Roy-Ganon
Bowser-Marth
Pichu-ICs

are probably the worst matchups in Melee.

Its tough to say tho cause of course these characters aren't developed, but at face value, these are definitely the worst.

leffen

Smash Champion
the only matchups you got remotely right are bowser sheik and roy-peach

the others are all decent for being bottom tier.

bottom tiers are overall hella underrated in this game

except for roy
roys easily the worst in the game and only looks decent because no1 knows how to play against him

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is gonna be funny to see who disagrees with me but mewtwo beats beats Roy like 80-20

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Tech chases, Gimp's, no edge guarding. I know mewtwo beats Roy but 80-20? Also how is Roy Samus NOT one of the worst matchups

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guess what happens when M2 plays keep away and just keeps jumping and up-bing?

what aerials of roy kill again?

80-20 AT LEAST

phish-it

Smash Champion
Bowser-Sheik
Roy-ICs
Roy-Peach
Roy-Samus
Roy-Ganon
Bowser-Marth
Pichu-ICs

are probably the worst matchups in Melee.

Its tough to say tho cause of course these characters aren't developed, but at face value, these are definitely the worst.
Marth isn't even one of Bowser's worst high tier matchups let alone one of the worst in the game. Sheik, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Peach, Ice Climbers are all worse in my opinion.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's just so funny that people ever try to argue what the worst matchup in the game is
as if it's relevant

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Bowser-Marth is so bad.

Marth could win that matchup with just nair and up-B.

Bowser can't punish any of Marths swipes. He gets pushed back hella easy and relies on an edge and (****ty) platform game to get hits. He has to put himself in the worst possible places to be vs. a marth (above and at the edge) to not get roflstomped...dtilt is scary enough as it is, but when you can't even jump or wavedash OOS cause your jumpstart is too slow, **** gets bad real quick.

Its terrible.

D

Deleted member

roy vs ICs is ****ing ridiculous.

fox vs zelda is pretty horrible too.

jason i'll poop on your roy.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Bowser vs Marth isn't good but its not even one of Bowser's worst matchups I'd say. At least Bowser can get early-ish kills on Marth and Marth can't projectile camp him which normally makes Dreamland pretty much an instant loss for Bowser against high tiers.

I think that Roy might be worse than Bowser in all honesty... He's just bad and crouch cancelling seems to really mess with his character. Also leffen what made you change your mind? Because I thought you had the opinion that Bowser was the worst character in the game.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Falcon lands a single hit in pretty much any situation on Pichu that is a stock though, I don't think any other character can boast that.
If by 'hit' you mean grab, stomp, or knee (and to a lesser degree bair, I suppose) then yeah but everything else can be DIed, ASDIed down, or CCed pretty easily.

Also, Sheik. Pichu being lighter and having a huge head (easier & longer CG, I think) is a problem.

Top Bottom