• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kirby has a decent Ganon matchup (probably 60-40 in Ganon's favor). That alone should make him better than Pichu.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ness is not last. Too many surprise tricks. Pichu, Kirby, and Bowser are all really terrible, but I think Mewtwo has the worst options overall. Regardless of how good Taj is or whatever, I think Mewtwo is last. But what do I know.
Mewtwo is much better designed than all those characters. By far.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Mewtwo is much better designed than all those characters. By far.
I do agree that Mewtwo is better designed and is a better character, but what I don't get is that why he is such a better character by far. Even if he is a tier higher, he is still in a lower tier (not bottom tier, but second tier from bottom), and IMO, if he was a far better character, he would be in the middle tiers or higher.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I do agree that Mewtwo is better designed and is a better character, but what I don't get is that why he is such a better character by far. Even if he is a tier higher, he is still in a lower tier (not bottom tier, but second tier from bottom), and IMO, if he was a far better character, he would be in the middle tiers or higher.
Well its all relative. Mewtwo might be far better then the bottom tiers but still not as good as the mid tiers. Also pretty sure when he said far better he just meant he should not be in the bottom tier with thoses characters

:phone:

leffen

Smash Champion
Hungrybox, could you please explain abit more @ Puff? I definitely agree with you, but I'd like to know how you view the top tier matchups etc.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
♫ ♪ Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
a little afternoon delight.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight. ♫ ♪
Please be waiting for me baby when I come around.
We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight.

ok thats that as for puff she is pretty damn good

Varist

Smash Lord
tried to start an inane semantics argument?

you just made my Enemies list.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Pichu, kirby, bowser and ness are all terrible. To debate order between them is beyond stupid. I guess i'll take it as a compliment to my list that there are so few complaints, except bowser vs ness.

But i suppose i'll defend my choice: Ness has very few combos and horrible hitboxes. The only real thing he has going for him is his fair, which is a trash move. His bair doesn't even kill and idk how you would ever hit with his fsmash. His B moves only are good for trolling.

Bowser has a pretty decent shield and a very good OoS attack that is fast, invincible and KOs. He also has pretty decent tilts and his sideb has potential (if you can convince someone to shield vs bowser that is).

Kirby is pretty trash, but has some good spacing orientated hitboxes and suicide KOs are dangerous. He also has some decent one-two combos and probably the best edgeguard between the 4.

Pichu has speed and thats very powerful, but he has the worst defense in the game. His tech roll doesn't exist, his shield and oos options are trash, and hes the lightest in the game. He could do a 10 hit combo, but it would do 17%. He does have the best recovery of the 4, but still probably dies earlier than the rest most of the time.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
your list is pretty good aside from marth being higher then peach which i will forever disagree with don't bother arguing lol. As for bowser vs ness your right it doesn't matter really but whenever someone asks me who the worst character in melee is i always say bowser without even thinking he just instantly pops in my head as worst.

Kal

Smash Champion
Dismissing an ordering of characters because the characters being discussed are terrible is asinine. It would be no different than claiming "Fox and Falco are both amazing. To debate their order is beyond stupid."

Let's just agree: we're all discussing what we want to discuss. That you don't find a discussion on the difference between Bowser and Kirby useful does not mean that such a discussion is stupid.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
i don't think its stupid to debate ness vs bowser since hell you can debate anything i don't mind but to me it doesn't really matter who is better or worse but yes it isn't right to call things stupid might hurt peoples feelings.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I don't disagree with ness being better than bowser, but... Using ness' ftilt to show that he doesn't have bad hitboxes? Really? Have you ever used ness?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, going with bones on this one..ness has nice hitboxes...fsmash is easy enough to dair combo/techchase into or reverse waveland / wavedash back into...i still think ness at high level will beat a high level bowser...however, i kind of agree that bowser has better options against the top characters than ness. though can you really call defensive up b out of shield a strategy? what if they just play safe and outspace you with marth..or just constantly do safe aerials and only cross over dash attacks with sheik...

yeah i guess fox and falco's shield pressure disappears with up b out of shield...or they could just space wider, realize they don't need to shield pressure a bowser and **** him...

but yeah, ness definitely has better matchups in the low tiers than bowser does...

I mean ness's fair can almost match marth's aerial play..the low tiers just get totally boxed out.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Like seriously, all of those hitboxes barely cover nesses body, and hes tiny. His range is trash. Except for fair, all of his hitboxes are garbage.

Hitboxes matter little if you can somehow string them together somehow. Getting out of neutral positions with those hitboxes though...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Pretty Sure Javi is close to that level. A lot of people were saying that he was "only good against fast fallers," which is not true imo. He beat Vanz and KDJ so that argument is bull. He also beat PP and Hax, went even with M2K in friendlies, and performed pretty decently against Mango in that exhibition match. And despite not knowing the Puff matchup he started to get decent at it by game 3 of his set with Hbox. Honestly, if there's a fox who has the potential to be top level I think it's Javi. You don't just accidentally beat beat top US players like that
javi didn't beat my sheik or marth in any friendlies

his best MU is falco by far, and he's good vs fox/falcon too. Fastfallers is where he shines.

two things.

Puff isn't top tier

Ness isn't bottom tier

/bias
you sure are biased, cuz puff is top (Armada says God tier, I think she's 2nd after falco) and ness is bottom.

Varist

Smash Lord
fastfallers are*

omg u guys are so busy trying to be funny to each other ur forgettin ur grammar!!!!

Armada

Smash Lord
M2K: I think she is still first but I can see her somewhere in top 3 nowadays but not worse than that.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I WD ftilt pretty frequently... It's one of my favorite ways to get into Marth's defenses once he starts looking to shut out your fairs and wants to stay grounded (when he is just walling fairs I prefer WD utilt to hit higher space).

leffen

Smash Champion
I laughed at M2K saying "OMG YOUR SO BIASED" and then stating that HE and Armada like they aren't.

Armada who hates Puff more than any other character, who hated him since his first tournament. Puff alone has like 90% of his losses in the last 3 years (recently he lost against me and fuzzyness [puff] in teams).
Armada hates timeouts/camping, but he is willing to furiously train Young link, always timing out Hbox and played countless of timeout matches against Hack.

This is a little ironic considering how Peach is the character who is the by far closest to Jigglypuff in melee, his low tier main is Kirby, who is also extremely alike Jigglypuff.

And then we have M2K, the guy who is famous for saying that "JIGGLYPUFF IS OP" and wants her banned, but he COMPLETELY against anyone who wants to ban Meta knight, because "that is unfair to the mains". He also said that he held things away to keep him from getting banned.

He also believes Falco is the best (melee) since after Mango/PP started beating him. He also believed Diddy was the best in brawl after he constantly lost to him.

NO BUT YEAH, HUNGRYBOX IS BIASED

Bing

Smash Master
I think Most people are biased to there mains... Its just life. I dislike falco's cause they **** me. So I get put in pools where only 1 person out of 6 use Falco. Thats life.

leffen

Smash Champion
Everyone is biased to some degree, but Mew2King is certainly not the guy to complain about others bias lol.

@Bing: I believe thats bracket/pools rigging, not life.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Bias for everyone! At least its bias on the tier list for a 10 year old game and not something important like women's rights. I like this discussion because it really doesn't affect gameplay, its just fun to discuss forever and ever.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
@bing: Do you mean you get put in a bracket where 1 person out of 6(namely you ) doesn't use falco or where your lucky enough to only have 1 person out of 6 use him.

Top Bottom