• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
oops, went through a dip before and got a bit... crazy.

But back to business:

Shaky, you managed to get out with only 15%? shaya always told me i should treat the CG as a loss of a stock (although I never do... I'm getting better at either breaking out of them early or avoiding them entirely).

Also Ness vs. ICs as -2? I always though it was a pretty decent MU for Ness. :ohwell:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Giving my 2 cents do I don't get blamed for ness having a messed up matchup chart:

Ness vs Marth: -2.5 in my opinion. The infinite does not work as well as people think, Shaya did it on me when I played him and he only got like 15% on me because I ended up sliding offstage.
I also got you for like 30% that ended in a dsmash that killed you, I think.
I didn't get like, any grab on you at all first match though and were able to get a few in the second. Ness real hard to grab, but its probably reliably possible (I'd say Ness is has about 1 and a half more options than Squirtle, who's my main molestation claim). Mashing out is very strong though. To ness, the "infinite" is more so just a time consuming (so good for that Marth main wanting to time you out) and eventually physically exhausting recursion if you're playing a lot of Marths / they're getting grabs.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I haven't seen ESAM's DK in like a year but when I saw it he took a set off of MVD with it XD

Also I wasn't aware that Neon mattered on a national level with DK, is he that good? o.o

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ive seen like one video of him ever.

But it was of him giving razer the ****. Sooooo... Shrug.

Where is razer anyway? Did he quit with trela and gnes?

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ive seen like one video of him ever.

But it was of him giving razer the ****. Sooooo... Shrug.

Where is razer anyway? Did he quit with trela and gnes?

:phone:
He still plays.

It's just that the tournaments in Houston are much less significant now in relation to the rest of the nation's scene. It's further emphasized too, being that in his city, the only competition for someone at his level is probably Pwii.

Texas on a large scale has kinda lost a looooot of its top players. Denti's kinda the only one who still travels around. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, he lost to Pwii, Asa and Denti in the past few tournaments, but it didn't stop him from winning.

And I can't believe anyone is surprised that smart players are good with bad characters too. Sure 95% of what we see from ESAM in tournament is chaingrabbing and thunder edgeguards, but he is a national threat for a reason (and its not the character).

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Giving my 2 cents do I don't get blamed for ness having a messed up matchup chart:

Ness vs Marth: -2.5 in my opinion. The infinite does not work as well as people think, Shaya did it on me when I played him and he only got like 15% on me because I ended up sliding offstage.

Ness vs Snake: -2, would be -3 if it weren't really easy to gimp snake (at least for me it is).

Ness vs MK: -2, complicated matchup, looking at it objectively would be -2.

Ness vs Wario: -2, should be -1 in my opinion but GR makes it -2.

Ness vs Falco: -1, I suck at this matchup so I'm basing this ratio on FOW's performance.

Ness vs ICs: -2, also suck at this matchup, but I don't think it's impossible.

Ness vs DK: -2.5 (if I can take ESAM to last hit this is not -4 guys)

Ness vs DDD: -3, yeah it sucks. Hardest matchup by far. Seibrik sucks for letting me take him to last hit.

Looking at these ratios makes me wonder how I even place at tournaments... maybe I should main MK.

Up to the person making the chart if they want to take my ratios into consideration or not, I'm not debating them or further explaining them.
Honestly, I really agree with more or less everything here. I've always felt Falco's a little closer to -2 at a high level and Wario's a little closer to -1, but that's defs debatable, specially given FOW's record. I'm beginning to agree with -2 for ICs as well, matchup's not as good as I once gave it credit for. Regardless, thanks for the input, defs won't be ignored.

Ness vs DDD: -3, yeah it sucks. Hardest matchup by far
Also this, because I'm happy someone finally agrees with me. I despise this MU lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That was hilarious the first time I saw it, and it's hilarious now.
You have five jumps. Be responsible and keep track of them. :applejack:

Coney

Smash Master
i know i'm late but, will has beaten several DDD's even with the infinite legal, and has lost to DDD's that will not infinite him (that might only be me)

i hesitate to call it unwinnable but idk i don't like absolutes

i would never use anyone EXCEPT will though as a basis for DK's matchups LOL

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I assumed the plan was to condition him into shielding for the first 7 minutes and 50ish seconds, then jump in with an airdodge --> grab --> fthrow (or w/e is quickest) and stall some more.

But nope. You just had to go titanic on a mother****er

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Whoever had the heart to watch all 8 mins and find that funny seriously has something wrong with them and must quickly go see a doctor

I x'ed out that **** after 1 min. **** that noise

Tesh

Smash Hero
I skipped around to see the 3 times he got hit by ice blocks to take....7 damage in 7 minutes. He failed beyond reason at the end though. I felt pretty cheated myself.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Games like that one make me question why I still play Brawl competitively. :smirk:
Because your only alternatives are UMvC3, SSFAE, or Playstation All Stars.
There's no possible way to join any other gaming scene and call it an "improvement." :applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Because your only alternatives are UMvC3, SSFAE, or Playstation All Stars.
There's no possible way to join any other gaming scene and call it an "improvement." :applejack:
Because Brawl community is pretty much the only one who adopts new players, most of the other communities are too close-minded and unfun to get started with.
So yeah, many play Brawl because of the people they know rather than the game itself.

The only reason I couldn't stand the video was the music. Each song was fine or tolerable at least, but 3 songs in one match is just bad.... The match was entertaining, even though ICs could've done more Blizzards, but eh, whatever works.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
He was using Blizzard very well: when he had a height or distance advantage.
Puff can deal with Blizzard as long as she has enough ground to use.

Big D also used the range where ICs can shoot ice blocks and Puff is too far away to punish, but too close to get in on ICs without risking being dash-grabbed very well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Whoever had the heart to watch all 8 mins and find that funny seriously has something wrong with them and must quickly go see a doctor

I x'ed out that **** after 1 min. **** that noise
This is the youtube age. You don't watch full videos. You click to the last minute and it's literally the best match ever.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He was using Blizzard very well: when he had a height or distance advantage.
Puff can deal with Blizzard as long as she has enough ground to use.

Big D also used the range where ICs can shoot ice blocks and Puff is too far away to punish, but too close to get in on ICs without risking being dash-grabbed very well.
Oh yeah, I just meant there were a couple few times that that situation happened and ICs missed the opportunity to pressure, nothing important.
He probably knew the Timeout was going to happen and didn't want to stress himself too much before the last minute.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I teamed with Neon once about 2 years ago. He kept killing me :(

:059:
LOOOOL

I remember that, I'm still bad about killing my partners haha.

I wouldn't consider myself a national threat by any means, multiple people who have played both me and will have said that I'm almost at his level though. If I was able to travel more I could see myself being more of a threat, especially to marth or snake players or any matchup that DK excels in. Will is significantly better than I am in the mk and olimar matchups though, if I was better in those matchups i would feel more confident in traveling to other regions.

The last time i went to Houston was in early July where I beat shadow1pj (who still has a winning record over me 2-1) and then Kilik and Tree in mid tier singles.

I nearly beat Fino two weeks ago, I timed out his DDD with an entire stock lead but had 59 ledge grabs since i wasnt counting haha.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I didn't notice that the ice blocks he hit me with took away my fourth jump so I assumed I still had one more

also I'm not a puff main I just gave up on pikachu in that matchup

furthermore, Captain L vs Big D is so overplayed that I just accept my losses and try random stuff. Last time in grand finals I chose pit against him. I have probably played pit under 20 times since brawl came out.

also this is definitely the closest I've gotten to beating him in tournament in a long time (not counting frigate matches) and I think I'm going to stick with puff for the mu for more 8-minute-wonders

Tesh

Smash Hero
LOOOOL

I remember that, I'm still bad about killing my partners haha.

I wouldn't consider myself a national threat by any means, multiple people who have played both me and will have said that I'm almost at his level though. If I was able to travel more I could see myself being more of a threat, especially to marth or snake players or any matchup that DK excels in. Will is significantly better than I am in the mk and olimar matchups though, if I was better in those matchups i would feel more confident in traveling to other regions.

The last time i went to Houston was in early July where I beat shadow1pj (who still has a winning record over me 2-1) and then Kilik and Tree in mid tier singles.

I nearly beat Fino two weeks ago, I timed out his DDD with an entire stock lead but had 59 ledge grabs since i wasnt counting haha.
non-mk lgl making matchups more lopsided than they have to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom