• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Because your only alternatives are UMvC3, SSFAE, or Playstation All Stars.
There's no possible way to join any other gaming scene and call it an "improvement." :applejack:
Nah, man, I wasn't thinking of joining those scenes. If I wasn't a Brawl player, I'd probably just put all my time into League of Legends. :awesome:

Granted, League's community is overloaded with idiots, so it wouldn't be completely peachy over there, either.

Until Smash 4 comes out (and I sure as hell hope it's good), I'll be sticking with Brawl, because even though the game is filled with disgusting ****, there are times when the game is ridiculously fun too. Most importantly, though, this game's community is WAY better than League's. If any of you think that the stuff that goes on in our community is bad, then you haven't seen the horrors of the League community.........

SoulPech

Smash Master
Nah, man, I wasn't thinking of joining those scenes. If I wasn't a Brawl player, I'd probably just put all my time into League of Legends. :awesome:

Granted, League's community is overloaded with idiots, so it wouldn't be completely peachy over there, either.

Until Smash 4 comes out (and I sure as hell hope it's good), I'll be sticking with Brawl, because even though the game is filled with disgusting ****, there are times when the game is ridiculously fun too. Most importantly, though, this game's community is WAY better than League's. If any of you think that the stuff that goes on in our community is bad, then you haven't seen the horrors of the League community.........
Other FGCs are 10 times worse than League's

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Other FGCs are 10 times worse than League's
I didn't bring them up because I know little about those communities compared to what I know about Brawl's and League's. All I know is that 2D fighters aren't my cup of tea, along with Tekken/Soul Calibur, so I'd never play them competitively.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
In fact, I'm not even a fan of fighting games, period. Brawl is the only one that ever managed to hold my interest for long. :p

Even today, it's still holding it, mainly thanks to all my friends in the community.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I didn't bring them up because I know little about those communities compared to what I know about Brawl's and League's. All I know is that 2D fighters aren't my cup of tea, along with Tekken/Soul Calibur, so I'd never play them competitively.
Obviously, the games are fun. However, the community can be difficult if you go in blind. You pretty much have to know some people in there in order to fit in.
Though I have to say FPS communities are probably the worst. Over half of them are dispespectful, underage, and a bunch of trolls.

If I had to pick a 2-d fighting game based on their community, I would choose KoF

Scatz

Smash Champion
Just go to a big FGC stream and watch the stream monsters go at it. Be thankful we don't have that kind of crap.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I keep mistaking SoulPech's sig for a Dalek

Are there any good internet communities?
Theres no such thing as a good Internet community.

In person communities are usually great. But it depends on where you are, and who is in charge of your area.

Example, smash and smash tournaments in upstate New York is primarily run by me, so my community is amazing because im amazing

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

My point was that fighting game communities in general are just toxic. If they're not, then they're incredibly tiny or nonexistent. :applejack:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
My point was that fighting game communities in general are just toxic. If they're not, then they're incredibly tiny or nonexistent. :applejack:
No objections here. My original sarcastic statement was targeted at the incredibly campy, anti-risk nature of the metagame, though, especially when ICs are involved. I wasn't targeting the Brawl community, because I think it's great and less toxic than most FGCs, overall. It's the nature of the metagame itself that bothers me at times, as exemplified by that video.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Can't argue with that.

Ice Climbers really do instigate a lot of this campy nature though. In a game where even Meta Knight needs to read you/follow you up successfully several times in succession to net a KO, having a character who only really needs three reads to win a match is downright absurd.

It kinda breaks the otherwise universal levels of punishment one gets from being read or outplayed (barring other infinites or locks). It's dumb. :applejack:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
ICs aren't exactly the only culprit. You always have the advantage when you're on the defensive as opposed to offense, so people try to stay put as much as they can to make the other person approach. Unless they're getting hit by projectiles and taking constant damage, nobody really approaches. Even people who are behind, and are "forced" to approach don't always actually do it. Pretty much every character is better when the other guy is approaching, so nobody wants to be the one to move. It's not ICs level, but it definitely slows down matches, regardless of the MU.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
@Espy: Indeed they do. In fact, I feel like ICs are such an extreme anomaly in the game, even more so than MK. MK is the best character OVERALL, due to his versatility, safety, and KO ability, but ICs have the most potent rewards in the game. They (the ICs) may not be the best, but they completely demand a approach specifically tailored to deal with them, due to their unique, unmatched power of deathgrabs. This approach is generally a killjoy and a hypesucker, but it's necessary in order to capitalize on their weaknesses while avoiding grabs.

IC players deserve no hate or blame for this. It's simply the nature of the character they chose. The players who fight the ICs deserve no hate or blame either, for they are simply doing all that they can to survive.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That actually has no impact on whether I enjoy playing against ICs lol
Unless you think my reasoning was "I really love how they always drop the chain-grab!" or something. I enjoy the adrenaline rush of avoiding the grab.

What is it with Australians and bringing up how bad we are whenever we get the chance? >_>

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The grab is not as threatening when you know they're gonna drop it though. Bad players also aren't as good at landing the grabs, which means you get away with stuff you shouldn't have, without getting grabbed. So yea, when you can actually fight the ICs without so much threat of instant death, they're as fun as anyone else...

+ you get to juggle nana's dumb ***, and popo just has to watch.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You still get to juggle good Ice Climbers players, and I still try just as hard to not get grabbed. Is it so hard to accept that someone likes the MU that we have to make excuses? XD

I'm not stupid guys give me some credit lolz

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Bad ones.

There's literally not a single IC player here in Australia that's good or even decent. :>
E_Alert is by far the most influential player on the top IC Metagame it's absurd.

Pretty much every winning tactic that Top ICs employ nowadays can in some way be traced back to him.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
When Nova played my ICs he said they were better than EAs - and I don't mean that as a boast at all

He's not a reputable source, but I always got the impression that EA was one of those "understands the game really well, doesn't play the game really well" kinds of people

No offence meant to him, seeing as I've never actually played him

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Grim I think the point Aero is trying to make is that most people would probably enjoy the level of ICs you're versing, so it's kinda a redundant statement to say you enjoy versing them.

On the same token, I doubt you'd enjoy versing a top level ICs who took a stock every grab that much.

It's like scrubby MKs are fun to play until they learn to dair camp or plank.

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Do people enjoy vs-ing bad players? I hate it, doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.

Like I said, I think it's thrilling that a single mistake can cost you a stock. I play 64 and Melee, just because I don't play against top level ICs doesn't mean this simple concept is alien to me :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You say it now, Grim.
Then you play it over and over again and it just gets repetitive and stupid. :applejack:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The smash community values player skill over reasoning skills, and Japanese players, who are better, did not ban him, so we collectively decided we shouldn't either.

It's funny how easy it is to look at the game's frame and hitbox data (all easily accessible btw) and determine that he was intentionally made to be broken, too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's funny how easy it is to look at the game's frame and hitbox data (all easily accessible btw) and determine that he was intentionally made to be broken, too.
Stuff like that is why it's so hard to take you serious. Every time you make a good post you follow up with such nonsense wtf

:059:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
He has like, the best everything. Anything that isn't the best is like top 5. I can think of two things that aren't the best or nearly the best: launch resistance and air speed.

But then he doesn't really need good air speed with 6 jumps, a glide, and netural B lol.

Bitch please, let's not argue about whether or not Meta Knight is a delightful collection of the game's best possible traits in exchange for dying early with bad DI. This is well established.

Whether or not it was some conspiracy to make MK the best character is up for debate because there's no real evidence, but it looks pretty damning on paper broseph. Like, if you ask someone far from the issue to look at the available information and make a conjecture, what do you think they'd honestly say?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Whoever had the heart to watch all 8 mins and find that funny seriously has something wrong with them and must quickly go see a doctor

I x'ed out that **** after 1 min. **** that noise
I watched the whole 8 minutes. Trying to explain what just happened to the rest of my family was the best and worst feeling in the world at the same time. :p

Also was it true that people starting giving him hugs when he lost that first stock?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We should talk about how underrated Meta Knight is.

And I mean that quite seriously. Whatever happened to that ban thingy we had?
The community at large obviously prefers the bat to stick around.
I mean, polls and numerous votes all but proved that right?

Meta Knight is more of a killjoy than Ice Climbers or Olimar. Heck, get rid of those three and Snake and you have a great thing goin' on. :applejack:

Captain L

Smash Champion
I don't remember hugs after the first stock, but I remember people yelling after I landed the pound

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The community at large obviously prefers the bat to stick around.
I mean, polls and numerous votes all but proved that right?

Meta Knight is more of a killjoy than Ice Climbers or Olimar. Heck, get rid of those three and Snake and you have a great thing goin' on. :applejack:
Snake isn't really a killjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom