• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ryo got 5th, Shaky got 7th
Will also got 5th

Characters like Lucario, Toon Link, Peach, DDD, Ike (and to a lesser extent, DK Yoshi and Sonic) will become much more relevant, and stages like Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise (which are perfectly fine when MK is banned...hell even RC is fine with MK legal as long as there's at least 1 stage ban + Brinstar isn't legal)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
People see a video of X beating one or two mks in tournament and try to mistakenly claim sonic is even with mk.

This happens often, because of what i touched on in Grims sig

:phone:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Having a seven characters at the top spots in a tourney is different then every event being another episode of "MK and friends show'

Plus, its objectively more fun

I agree that banning him is better for the game, no argument there. I just feel that the difference isn't tremendous. Banning MK doesn't even come close to being a magic bullet for Brawl's problems.

Wasn't there a Ness and Ike in top 5 at Whobo? :o
You are correct, but guess who they placed behind? ESAM, Ally, Gnes, and their top-tier mains. Business as usual.

If MK were banned, I could go solo Puff in tournament.

I'm sure other low tier mains could say something similar. The other top tiers aren't as bad he is for character invalidation.

I wish I could say the same for Bowser, but he gets invalidated by ICs and D3. MK is definitely not his worst MU. Hell, he's not the worst MU for quite a few characters like DK, G&W, Lucas, Falco, Pikachu, Wolf, Fox, Sheik, and Ness. I'm not taking this purely from the MU chart, either.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No one is arguing that it'll be a huge problem solving thing though.

I'm glad you finally spouted that delicious short essay, Supermodel. People, especially TOs, NEED to read and understand what they're doing not only to their community, but the community that extends far beyond their own borders. :applejack:

Shaky

Smash Ace
Ryo got 5th, Shaky got 7th
Will also got 5th

Characters like Lucario, Toon Link, Peach, DDD, Ike (and to a lesser extent, DK Yoshi and Sonic) will become much more relevant, and stages like Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise (which are perfectly fine when MK is banned...hell even RC is fine with MK legal as long as there's at least 1 stage ban + Brinstar isn't legal)
So... why is Ness not one of the characters listed :'(

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Not necessarily that, but because I don't think MK directly affects Ness' viability much. Ness does fine against MK (I think so anyway), he has much bigger things to worry about in Snake, Marth, DDD and DK (and probably Wario too)

Myollnir

Smash Ace
MK totally invalidates PT, it's really sad.
Without MK, I could see PT jumping a few spots, since he does well against ICs, Olimar, Snake and some other viable characters (ZSS comes to my mind).
PT-Marth is definitely not impossible imo. :p

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
MK is a big problem for almost everyone below him because (among other reasons) he can realistically beat you without any match-up experience.

If the MK has no experience, he can lose to pretty much any character that goes even with him and even some characters that slightly lose to him. Remember Ocean vs M2K?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Not necessarily that, but because I don't think MK directly affects Ness' viability much. Ness does fine against MK (I think so anyway), he has much bigger things to worry about in Snake, Marth, DDD and DK (and probably Wario too)
This is exactly why I voted on the MK ban at Show Me The Poutine 2 with a coin toss.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, saying MK doesn't need MU exp to beat people is pretty unrealistic. M2K is a pretty solid all around player, and he loses weird MUs all the time simply because he's unfamiliar with them. Then he studies the **** out of that MU to avoid a repeat.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
People are saying that even if MK got banned, that the high tiers will just replace him and dominate, but the difference is that all those characters have weaknesses and bad stages.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Meaning that when MK is banned, players are more likely to learn how to play multiple characters (the ideal for a balanced multi-game character)

Whereas with MK legal it's more or less you drop your main so that you can start maining MK.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I held it up to a public vote, and the majority voted to ban MK.
Meekspeedy tried to pressure me into unbanning him by threatening the attendance of himself and TOJoe. I kept him banned because making two salty *****s less salty wasnt worth the enjoyment/experience of everyone else there.

He also looked for ways to trash talk my event after the fact even though he didnt even attend to know what he was talking about.

Moral of the story?
*****s will do some reeeeeaall grimey ish to keep mk unbanned

What a sleeze lol. Bad enough he scurries to MK when he isn't confident in his Sonic.
Also, while I agree with MK banned alot of decent characters would start getting better results... as mentioned a page or two back still Olimar ICs and Falco that MK mains can quickly switch to and still get Top 4 most likely after a week or two of practice.

It doesn't work with a game like Smash though since the CP system becomes way too strong
Oh... you mean like people choosing Smashville 99% of the time for first stage, while 2nd game is either BF FD or some counterpick like Delfino or Frigate to time them out/gimp them in some stupid way?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If stages really are that polar, maybe players should be given more than one stage ban in tournament.

Radical, yes, I know. I mean I myself was shocked to find out that stages other than Smashville exist.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Oh... you mean like people choosing Smashville 99% of the time for first stage, while 2nd game is either BF FD or some counterpick like Delfino or Frigate to time them out/gimp them in some stupid way?
What's wrong with that? Players strike down to that stage and the Apex ruleset has stages like delphino and Frigate banned

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The thing is it doesn't even matter how reasonable what the community wants is. Even if the majority of the community wanted golden hammers legal, it should be legalised. This is a game played for fun, where all the money in the game comes from the community itself.

The community isn't obliged to to maintain something that only a minority want, because the community only serves itself.

It's actually really ridiculous for a minority to tell the majority to play the game the way they want them too, even if it means less enjoyment for the majority of the community.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
The thing is it doesn't even matter how reasonable what the community wants is. Even if the majority of the community wanted golden hammers legal, it should be legalised. Because this is a game played for fun, where all the money in the game comes from the community itself.

The community isn't obliged to to maintain something that only a minority want, because the community only serves itself.

It's actually really ridiculous for a minority to tell the majority to play the game the way they want them too, even if it means less enjoyment for the majority of the community.
The thing is that its mostly just North America that wants him banned. Banning him would hurt International events like Apex

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The thing is that its mostly just North America that wants him banned. Banning him would hurt International events like Apex
International players make up a significantly smaller portion of Apex attendees than NA players.
As well, i can guarantee there will be people who go to Apex who normally wouldn't bother with bat legal.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
International players make up a significantly smaller portion of Apex attendees than NA players.
As well, i can guarantee there will be people who go to Apex who normally wouldn't bother with bat legal.
Players don't go to tournaments like Apex to play NA players. That's what nationals are for. They go there to play against players they've never played before or may never have a chance to play again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If stages really are that polar, maybe players should be given more than one stage ban in tournament.

Radical, yes, I know. I mean I myself was shocked to find out that stages other than Smashville exist.
Let's go back to the days we had 7 stages to strike while having counterpicks like Green Greens. That'll solve the fact we only play on 4 stages... maybe 6 during the entire tournament.
PS2 legal please.

What's wrong with that? Players strike down to that stage and the Apex ruleset has stages like delphino and Frigate banned
Nothing, but I'm mostly saying most of the time Stages aren't really the problem. It's when someone switches from their main to MK or some better character then chooses a bad stage for your character or vice versa... good stage for their new character.

Edit:
because it's APEX

Apex is the closest thing the smash scene has to a championship.
I've always thought people have been treating APEX like the new MLG... except 1-8th place don't get thousands of bucks.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
because it's APEX

Apex is the closest thing the smash scene has to a championship.
We also have Genesis SKTAR and the Clash tournaments. It also doesn't explain why Alex Strife goes through so much just to get a couple of international players so his events

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
what doesn't explain why Jebus?
I simply don't see the point you're trying to make, if there in fact is one.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
PS2 being banned is just ridiculous as well. It really isn't as bad as whiners make it out to be.
:applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom