• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Pikachu isn't -4 for Ganon. Pikachu is very light and has awful attack range. Pikachu's CG doesn't lead to death unlike DDD's which leads to like 50% chance of gimping Ganon after landing a grab.

About DK, I still think it's only -1 for Ganon. DK's so big that a front SH Uair of Ganon can hit DK. His moves aren't the safest on shield unlike what other character's attacks are and Ganon's Uair range can challenge the range of DK's bair, which also isn't disjointed. DK is jugglable as well and is one of the easier to land a side b on. DK can be edge guarded by Ganon, but DK can edge guard Ganon slightly better. This MU is almost a ditto match in which DK is just a little bit better at everything, which is why I think it's +1 for DK.

Neon!

Smash Lord
DK's dtilt beats almost everything ganon can do on the ground, its combo's into itself, down-b and even a fully charged punch if it trips (40% tripping rate) Ganon's uair cant compare with DK's bair. Uair has no follow-ups while dk's bair can combo into itself. Our bair also comes out faster, and we can perform 2 in one short hop.

DK's faster ground and aerial speed combined with his superior range, killing potential and gimping tools make this a -2, still one of ganon's better matchups.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Everything Neon said, and that our Down B forces Ganon to the air, where, he can't cover his approach options that well, or his landings for that matter.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think DK is one of the harder MUs for Ganon. Or maybe I just suck. His dtilt ****s me over and there is no hope when you go offstage.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Of course there's hope offstage!

Drag em' to the depths of the dark abyss!!!!

:ganondorf:

Lol

Ya the borderline tier surprised me. I guess for the point it's trying to make it works though.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I have to agree with the +1 for dk.
the mu isn't that bad for Ganon
it's fighting a character that is a bit better at everything.
dk doesn't have a projectile which helps ganon a lot in this mu.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just to clarify, Pikachu's CG pretty much kills ganon. We get a nair in whatever direction we want to get you off the edge and then just edgeguard with jolts and thunder....just sayin.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think DK is one of the harder MUs for Ganon. Or maybe I just suck. His dtilt ****s me over and there is no hope when you go offstage.
At least almost all the MUs for Ganon is harder. :troll:

But I´ve heard that the MU Ganon vs DK is something like :dk2:85-15:ganondorf: lol

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I never thought I would ever see Wolf higher than 16. Also, Diddy should be 4th below ICs. Diddy has more even match ups than advantageous match ups when compared to ICs

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda's up-b
lol k.

For Zelda you don't even have to try, just go to the edge and if they somehow get past the ledge it will be 9000 meters above the stage so you can get a free hit back offstage and repeat. It's even harder to get stuff done than with Wolfs UpB.
lol pretty much this.
WHAT! Zelda having a worse recovery than ganon? This is starting to get rediculous.
Zelda has faster horizontal air movment, can stall slightly/block projectiles offstage with nayru's love and if she has good DI her recovery will at least get her on stage unlike ganon's. Zelda's recovery is bad, ganon's is worse.
Hi there.

Stalling with a 60 frame move (aka Nayru's)? nope.avi

If Ganon has good DI, he'll also get back on stage.

Ganon's recovery is bad, Zelda's is defs worse.

Zelda can never sweetspot the ledge because edgehogging trashes this strategy, so she's forced to overshoot the ledge. Unfortunately for her, she's incredibly floaty and has MASSIVE (as in probably even more than Ganondorf's RCO lag) amounts of lag when landing from her helpless state. While both Ganon and Zelda are probably dead once they're forced to recover, it's far easier to edgeguard (frame 2 hitbox vs command grab + hitbox at the end), edgehog (Zelda's takes longer before she starts moving, Ganon's goes up pretty much immediately) AND punish an overshot recovery attempt from Zelda (floaty, 3 years landing lag) than it is Ganon (fast faller, 1 year landing lag).

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Nooooo I failed!!! I made a promise I would get Lucas out of low tier!! He should be bottom of mid tier.

I know he should be above luigi and zelda!! Guess I still have work to prove it!!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If Ganon is getting grabbed by DK near the ledge, he is doing something wrong, just saying.
Ganon is one of the most grabbable characters in the game. Nearly everything about about him screams 'grab me'.

He has a poor oos game, large hurtbox, crap mobility, and can't stay in the air long.

His laggy aerials combined with trash mobility and fast fall speed mean his one of the easier chars to pivot grab when he lands.

He also has some of the worst frame data out of neutral positions in the game. Even in cases where he's supposed to have frame advantage (eg. after upbing someone, dodging a move etc.) he still often has frame disadvantage.

I know you weren't saying he's a good character but expecting a character with his design to never get grabbed by DK near the ledge is too much.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>2012
>LT tournaments

Wat is this, I don't even...
The lack of side tournaments nowdays is kinda depressing for people that still tries to enjoy this game...
But it is also depressing the lack of stages, but w/e....

Even in cases where he's supposed to have frame advantage he still often has frame disadvantage.
I stopped taking you post seriously at this point.
I agree that he's bad, is just that Zelda is even worse.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The lack of side tournaments nowdays is kinda depressing for people that still tries to enjoy this game...
We back here in Finland we have no lack of side tournaments. It's just that LT tournaments are dumb and no one likes them.

Judo777

Smash Master
Zeldas recovery is pretty freaking terrible, idk about as bad as Ganon's. It like comparing Garbage to Poop. Both are bad. Zeldas is longer (which IS a bigger deal than people think) Ganon's safer (tho still not safe). Zelda can at least make you wonder whether she will hit the ledge or just barely skim past it (if you recover right you should be shooting a mile up in the air), where as Ganon is WAY better at covering is recovery with threat of uair, flame choke and a possible upper cut if he holds down and doesnt grab the ledge til after the hit comes out. Ummmm tough call. Safety and Length are polar opposites in good recovery and are both important. Like you got opposite ends where Marios recovery is really short but not super unsafe due to up B being high priority and his stall and aerial options, and D3's recovery is pretty long but fairly unsafe. To better fit the example pretend D3 can't cancel his up B, then whos is better his or Mario? Length vs Safety? tough call if you ask me.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I stopped taking you post seriously at this point.
I agree that he's bad, is just that Zelda is even worse.
You don't take me seriously yet you agree with me?

And what was so ridiculous about my post? If you're outside of his grab range (which isn't that hard considering how short he is) and he spotdodges an attack that isn't super laggy, most characters can either punish him or at least escape before he can punish them.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You don't take me seriously yet you agree with me?

And what was so ridiculous about my post? If you're outside of his grab range (which isn't that hard considering how short he is) and he spotdodges an attack that isn't super laggy, most characters can either punish him or at least escape before he can punish them.
If you're really going to take seriously my bad debating skills, we'll go from derp to herp.
I just tought that post was kinda exaggerated.
If someone is going for frametraps or trying to get frame advantages with Ganondorf, he/she is obviously playing the character wrong.
Spacing well, trying to make oppponents to whiff, performing hard reads and strong punishes. As silly as it sounds, is the only way Ganondorf can play efficently and win.

It is also the only way Zelda can play, she has the plus of a decent walling tool (Fsmash), but that's it. She doesn't have a good punishing move (except maybe Dmash/tilt), and will struggle forever trying to score a kill, specially if the opponent can SDI well. LKs are laughable if the opponent knows what he/she is doing.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Kyo- Exactly, he has to play like that because his poor frame data doesn't allow him to frametrap like other chars do.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Everything Neon said, and that our Down B forces Ganon to the air, where, he can't cover his approach options that well, or his landings for that matter.
Can't Ganon laglessly dair or aerially side-B DK for that?

@OP : Please change Borderline tier to High mid. Borderline tier is lol.
I think the BBR was trying to make the point that the "Borderline tier" chars should not be allowed to participate in Mid tier tourneys cuz they're nearly as good as high tier.

I honestly don't see how lucas isn't mid tier.
Neither do I. I made a lobby earlier that Lucas should be moved to bottom of mid tier, but no one took it seriously... :urg:

LKs are laughable if the opponent knows what he/she is doing.
What are "LKs"?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
and olimar is Ferrothorn, OU and gay as hell. :awesome:
This made me laugh

The new tier list interesting. I do believe that Luigi/PKTrainer are basically bad enough to be low tier
(I want low tier tournament money anyway lolololol.)
Maybe make another tier..borderline terrible.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This made me laugh

The new tier list interesting. I do believe that Luigi/PKTrainer are basically bad enough to be low tier
(I want low tier tournament money anyway lolololol.)
Maybe make another tier..borderline terrible.

$: :metaknight: (±0)
A: :olimar: (+6) :diddy: (-1) :popo: (+3) :snake: (-2)
B: :falco: (-2) :marth: (-2) :pikachu2: (+1) :wario: (-3)

High
C: :zerosuitsamus: (+2) :lucario: (-1) :dedede: (-1) :toonlink: (+1)

Borderline
D: :wolf: (+2) :gw: (-2) :fox: (-1) :peach: (±0) :pit: (+3)

Mid
E: :rob: (+1) :kirby2: (-1) :sheilda: (+3) :sonic: (±0) :dk2: (-5) :ike: (-1) :sheik: (+1)
F: :yoshi2: (+2) :ness2: (±0) :pt: (+1) :luigi2: (-4)

Low
G: :lucas: (±0) :mario2: (±0) :samus2: (+1) :bowser2: (-1) :falcon: (±0)
H: :jigglypuff: (+1) :link2: (-1) :zelda: (±0) :ganondorf: (±0)
imo

lalala OH nanana

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, here's my opinion on what it should look like:

A: :popo: :olimar: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2:

High
C: :wario: :lucario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :fox:
D: :gw: :toonlink: :pit: :wolf: :peach:

Mid
E: :rob: :kirby2: :sonic: :dk2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik:
F: :yoshi2: :pt: :ness2: :luigi2: :lucas:

Low
G: :samus2: :mario2: :bowser2:
H: :falcon: :link2: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :zelda:
bubba I see you posting in all these important threads and you just seems as though you aren't knowledgeable at all...

you put fox in C tier, really? oh and jiggly over ganon LOL good one
I also like your placement of icies at number 1, did you download the data at all?

Even not looking at the sheer data, who else other than Vinnie and ESAM show a domincance with the character? Almost every other top user of the character isn't as good as those two and the second you leave the top 5 and maybe about 3 more IC mains there's dropped grabs non-stop
I don't want to criticize the knowledge of others who I haven't seen post other things, unlike bubba (who in the previous tier list thread, v6 now closed) was just completely wrong about various things and seemed ignorant to me.

I like how you just lurk threads, never make relevant to thread posts and just wait for someone to post something you might not agree with and then follow up with your own criticism. You actually for the majority just comment on other comments, too scared to make your owns posts, or just worried that you're wrong about everything?

You're right, I come into this thread come read the last few pages and unlike you don't waste my life away scrolling through pages and pages looking for EVERY comment that talks about ICs and then follow by criticising everyone, also please link me to the "LOT of people" who claim ICs are 1. No really, I'm curious to see how many in this thread actually did say IC 1, because I don't have the time to wade through pages right now, and you seem to have no life so you can do it for me right?
but what I read was
So full of :salt: because my trolling failed, so I'll try to get Luxord mad by calling him butt hurt.
I sense some more poor trolling, Ryker have you ever actually gotten anyone angry? And you try SO hard for it too. It seems like your comments are more laughable than annoying tbh, fail harder please?

Oh and if you were wondering why I even "targeted" bubbaking, you can see by his "conversation" with Twinkie on this/last page that he clearly ignores facts and he ignores people who are WAY more informed than he is.
@Ryker
you're right, my response was completely full of anger I'm sure, if you could be so kind identify where I wrote anything along the lines of anger? First part = me stating opinion, second = you being wrong which you always are, third = me stating I just go into the thread
inb4 confused why you think you succeed at anything
Holy cow, take a chill pill, man! I sense extreme salt in the air. I almost always use the disclaimer phrases "IMO...," "This is my opinion...," or some variation of those two. You can even see it in my post above. It's fine to put people on ignore lists and all, but can we at least maintain civility in how we discuss things on these forums. Otherwise, we discourage people from halting the "lurking" you speak of to actually post things in fear of being called out and put to shame. I always admit that my opinion is probably not the best, but I still like to voice my thoughts.

To address your points:
Yes, I think Fox is high tier worthy so I placed him in high tier. I'm sure you meant "Ganon over Jiggly" but the point I was making is that Ganon should not be last on the tier list. About the ICs, someone (I believe it was either Nick Riddle or FreESAM) said to a BBR member (CJ, I believe) that the ICs were probably the best char on paper and in my head, I agreed with this sentiment and reflected it in my opinion of a MK-free tier list. Look at their MU spread. They destroy, beat, or go even with everyone in top tier, and aside from three random high/BL MUs that they barely lose, they have no disadvantageous MUs. Their greatest check is MK and with MK gone, I think they'd reign supreme. Is there something wrong with this logic? You cited results saying that Vinnie and ESAM are the only people showing great things with the ICs, but iirc, results only factored in about 12% of a char's placing on this tier list. The MU spread played a much bigger part in determining tier positions and the ICs have the best MU spread in the game after MK.

Oh, and my "'conversation' with Twinkie"? Well, this is all that was said:
Regardless, your original point was already foiled, the MK banned metagame is not a larger than the MK legal metagame.
But the MK banned tourneys have more money to their names as of now.
I wouldn't really go so far as to say I "clearly ignored facts and ignored people people who are WAY more informed than I am." Yes, he probably is more informed than me, but I did look at the data (which you accused me of not looking at) and I consistently check John12346's winnings charts (we're college-mates, after all) and I observed all the money that MK-banned and MK-legal tourneys had. Of course, as was pointed out to me, I had not taken note of the MK-legal tourneys done before Apex.

Edit: tl;dr - Try to be nice about how you disagree with people. All I do is voice my opinions and I'll gladly accept the fact that I'm wrong.....if indeed I am. :cool:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lots of misinformation about Ganon going on here...

First of all, Ganon vs DDD is -4 IMO, not only because of the CG, but because DDD can grab release Ganon off the edge after the CG, and all he has to do is Bair Ganon once and Ganon will die at any %. In other words, DDD has about a 50% chance to kill Ganon every time he lands a CG, if he grab releases at the end and guesses right on the Bair. Dumb*** matchup lol.

DK vs Ganon is about even IMO. In fact this is one of the most even MUs in the game. This is coming from someone who has secondaried DK since 08 btw. Neither of them really has the upper hand in any aspect of the matchup. DK can space against Ganon, but Ganon is really good at punishing DK when he spaces an aerial poorly on Ganon's shield, or when Ganon powershields. Both edgeguard each other really well. Not sure what Neon was saying about DK's dtilt because that's really not a problem for Ganon at all. He'll just side B it. The only advantage DK conceivably has is cargo throw shenanigans offstage...he can kill ganon pretty early if he gets a grab near the edge. But Ganon can also kill DK very early by edgeguarding with reverse Uair or even Dair, which is easier to land on DK than most characters.

Other stuff...those of you who are saying Ganon doesn't have frame traps clearly doesn't play Ganon at a high level. Not trying to be condescending, but it's true. Ganon actually might have the deadliest frame traps in the game IMO. It's just that most Ganons don't know about them.

I'll give two examples...

- Ganon is on the ground, opponent has just been hit in the air at 60% by a dash attack and is trying to land. Ganon full hops at the opponent and Uairs, and the opponent air dodges as he's falling to the ground. Ganon can super fast fall, the Uair will autocancel, and Ganon has a free stutter stepped Fsmash on the opponent as his air dodge ends. Opponent dies at 60% from Fsmash.

- Opponent is recovering from high offstage, and Ganon jumps off to edgeguard. Opponent sees Ganon coming at him trying to Uair him, so the opponent air dodges to avoid the Uair. Instead, Ganon waits for the air dodge to end, and double jumps and Dairs instead. Opponent dies at 20%.

I mean seriously. This type of thing is really easy to do, but no one really knows about it. I'm not sure why people think Ganon's moves are really laggy and hard to hit with, because they're really not. Especially if you're good at creating situations in which his extremely powerful moves are guaranteed to hit, like baiting an airdodge and punishing with Fsmash or Dair. Both of these moves are really fast, considering how strong they are.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom