• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
fh uair to fsmash o.O the best I can ever get is fh uair to nair right before I hit the ground lol. how strict does your timing have to be to fall and be able to land an fsmash like that...

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Not strict at all if you start your Uair early enough to autocancel it...just make sure to do the super fast fall at the peak of the jump.

Hell the Uair isn't even necessary...most of the time I'll just full hop at the opponent and they'll air dodge anyways, because they don't want to get hit by Uair. So just fast fall and Fsmash them as they land.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, he said you can "super fast fall" and the uair will AC, so I don't believe the timing should be that strict. He even said it's pretty easy to do.

Lots of misinformation about Ganon going on here...

First of all, Ganon vs DDD is -4 IMO, not only because of the CG, but because DDD can grab release Ganon off the edge after the CG, and all he has to do is Bair Ganon once and Ganon will die at any %. In other words, DDD has about a 50% chance to kill Ganon every time he lands a CG, if he grab releases at the end and guesses right on the Bair. Dumb*** matchup lol.:phone:
Well, you're better than Vermanubis so what do you think about this post that he just put up on the DDD boards? He once agreed with your statement about Ganon:DDD being a -4 but then...
I may've said that at once point, but I completely disagree at this point.

In my opinion, he's not even in his top 5 worst. I was able to go neck and neck with Vex's D3 at Apex.

His CG and BAirs make everything a pain in the ***, but he's so wide open to DAirs and Aerudo (aerial side-b) that it almost seems even at times. Not to say it is, by any means, as I do think it's -3, but it's -3 by virtue of a general advantage in all areas, rather than a strong one in a few or many, like ICs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was gonna say--Ganon has multiple options for dealing with obvious use of DK's Down-B, and DK can't safely land for the life of him. I don't see why people think the matchup is bad, other than stereotyping Ganon as a worthless character.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
DLA The second frametrap example you listed is a read not a frame trap. No one ever said Ganon can't punish with reads.

Also, when I said he can't frametrap, I meant defensively. I knew about airdodge trapping with uair, but my initial point was that one of the reasons he's easier to grab than other chars is because he has poor frame data for defensive options.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well, you're better than Vermanubis so what do you think about this post that he just put up on the DDD boards? He once agreed with your statement about Ganon:DDD being a -4 but then...
I disagree with Verm on several accounts... Dair isn't easy to land against DDD, but it is easier to land than most of our other moves.

As far as aerudo, it is a great mixup, but it will never be a reliable tool in the matchup mainly because of DDD's back roll and his ridiculous spot dodge. It sounds like Vex was letting himself get aerudo'd way too much...not to mention that he clearly didn't know that he should be grab releasing Ganon after the CG and going for the edgeguard (or maybe he did but he just didn't want to be a gaylord).

I'd put the MU at -3 as well if it wasn't for the grab release thing...but since DDD should have a roughly 50% chance to kill Ganon every time he gets a CG (since DDD has 2 choices--Bair high or Bair low), that puts the MU at -4 easily.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Can't you just SDI the B-Air(s) up and toward him to be able to recover?
Yes at lower %s, but only if he Bairs you high. If he bairs you low then sDI really won't help too much, at least in my experience. Not to mention he can always follow up with more Bairs. sDI will definitely improve your chances, but honestly I stopped playing this MU a while ago so I haven't gotten to test it much. Not a lot of DDDs in my region anyways.

Edit: also why is Lucas still low tier? That character is dumb

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You make it sound easy..... (T_T)
I mean, if you're getting chaingrabbed, you just have to slide the stick from up to forward to up repeatedly while slamming a Jump button on the release. There's no real timing involved.

Yeah, it's frustrating to have to take multiple B-Airs to the face, but, I wouldn't call the input itself difficult.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh I see. I was always under the impression that SDI required use of the C-stick as well.
Nope. Actually, outside of against Falco's D-Air spike, I never use the C-Stick. It's a lot easier than that. That's why I made that thread about SDI'ing single-hit attacks recently. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Borderline Tier is considered more high than mid, and isn't allowed in mid tier tournaments, then the ONLY reason Sonics have to lose those events would be ROB.

And such a concept is laughable. :applejack:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Such a bold statement!

I disagree with Verm on several accounts... Dair isn't easy to land against DDD, but it is easier to land than most of our other moves.

As far as aerudo, it is a great mixup, but it will never be a reliable tool in the matchup mainly because of DDD's back roll and his ridiculous spot dodge. It sounds like Vex was letting himself get aerudo'd way too much...not to mention that he clearly didn't know that he should be grab releasing Ganon after the CG and going for the edgeguard (or maybe he did but he just didn't want to be a gaylord).

I'd put the MU at -3 as well if it wasn't for the grab release thing...but since DDD should have a roughly 50% chance to kill Ganon every time he gets a CG (since DDD has 2 choices--Bair high or Bair low), that puts the MU at -4 easily.

He did know about it, but I timed my recoveries. I don't think he got a single BAir gimp on me. Aerudo isn't reliable in the broadest sense, but that's why you use it sporadically. Vex wasn't being stupid, I was just able to manipulate his preemptive spotdodging in response to expected Aerudos and either DAir or Aerudo. The availability to do that automatically puts him at -3 in light of characters with advantages like ICs, MK and Falco who can't even be approached, I think. That's how I find labeling D3 to be easy: by virtue of contrast to monsters like them.

Neon!

Smash Lord
DK vs Ganon is about even IMO. In fact this is one of the most even MUs in the game. This is coming from someone who has secondaried DK since 08 btw. Neither of them really has the upper hand in any aspect of the matchup. DK can space against Ganon, but Ganon is really good at punishing DK when he spaces an aerial poorly on Ganon's shield, or when Ganon powershields. Both edgeguard each other really well. Not sure what Neon was saying about DK's dtilt because that's really not a problem for Ganon at all. He'll just side B it. The only advantage DK conceivably has is cargo throw shenanigans offstage...he can kill ganon pretty early if he gets a grab near the edge. But Ganon can also kill DK very early by edgeguarding with reverse Uair or even Dair, which is easier to land on DK than most characters.
If DK hits ganon’s shield with a well -spaced dtilt, ganon’s only safe option is to roll away. If he continues to shield we can dtilt again, if he tries to side-b we can react with bair or even spot dodge-9wind which kills at 60.

Ganon can’t compete with our ground or aerial game. DK’s air speed (7th fastest) combined with his bair give him a far superior aerial game. If Dk hits ganon’s shield with a rising bair and then retreats ganon has no way of punishing. Considering DK’s faster ground and aerial speed this is easy to pull off and can be mixed-up in many different ways. For example after the initial rising bair on shield DK can: cover his retreat by bairing again before he hits the ground, drift towards ganon and side-b or drift towards and behind ganon while airdodging and then grab.

Ganon can edgeguard decently with reverse uair but his gimping game/recovery is inferior to DK’s. DK can stall with side-b, reverse charge his punch to defend with bair while recovering and his up-b can be stalled for a good amount of time. If ganon commits to edgeguard with uair and DK reads it, he will eat 5-10% from our up-b and then be susceptible to DK edge-guarding him with bair/ weak hits from up-b.

I could see this matchup potentially being -1 for ganon if it wasn’t for our cargo hold. When DK grabs ganon near the ledge above40-50% ganon has a 50-50 chance of recovering. If DK grabs him at higher percents (90 or above) then DK will be able to drop even lower offstage before throwing ganon at which point he can cover ALL of ganon’s recovery options.

I’ve played both DLA and Verm online multiple times and twilight prince offline. Ganon’s know this matchup well since its one of their best but it’s still +2 DK.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If it's not a problem for Ness, then it's less a problem for Sonic. :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
only tx is viewing this thread atm. hype
Hi there! I'm here to shatter your hopes and dreams, and possibly troll the thread.

I heard that Sonic got put below Shielda. Again.

Can we fix this, among other things?

Like still being below R.O.B. and Kirby?

:093:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
and an explanation as to why lucario is below zss
Although Trela outplaces every ZSS main, ZSS has a much better MU chart, especially weighted. She is -1 with a lot of characters, but Lucario is -1 with as many AND has a -2 (Against MK which is terrible for the weighted MU chart). They both lose to most of top tier, but ZSS also has positive MUs on some high tiers such as ZSS, G&W, and ICs. Most of Lucario's MUs that he wins are mid-low tiers.

Also, for the individual voting I'm guessing people see more potential in ZSS than Lucario (or at least very close) due to Nick Riddle's success at the MLGs considering no Lucario has placed high within semi-recent history in a national (As in top 3-5)

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
the reason why zss has a +1 matchup on herself is so that zss mains such as (nick riddle) have a legit excuse for losing the ditto

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
lol

But if it is a ditto match,the match will not become even automatically?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The one that spawns on the right side of Brinstar loses the matchup.
YES. It's SO ANNOYING
the reason why zss has a +1 matchup on herself is so that zss mains such as (nick riddle) have a legit excuse for losing the ditto
****ing lol'd.
I would be surprised if ZSS was voted above Lucario, cause she was lower than him on all the other tier lists...I think. And all of those were done by voting and nothing more...I think.
Then again, maybe it was the fact that 3 ZSS players made it to bracket at Apex that changed people's minds...or maybe everyone just saw Salem and was like 'WTF THIS CHARACTER'S SO GOOD'
Or maybe a combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom