• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Heeelllloooowwww yyyeeelllloooowwww!!!!!!

I've been thinking lately. Like, shouldn't alllllllll tier lists be based off of match-ups?

See, it's super easy in traditional fighters like Street d00ds or Blazd00d because there's only the characters. The stages are just graphics.

But Smash is more complicated because of the stages.

Like, couldn't you add up all the numbers from a ginormous match-up chart that involves stage AND characters and highest point totals are top and so on until you get to Ganon tier.

Butttttttt uh yeah.

Also what do you gaiz think is the worst ditto/mirror in the game?

I'm thinking Olimar because it looks SO. RANDOM.
But also Meatknight because it looks so hard to press an advantage. Just poke poke poke and EVENTUALLY someone will die.
Also Ice Climbers seem super d00per random so I'd say Ice Climbers are pretty kinda somewhat heavily disadvantaged against themselves.
Merry-O I'd say is pretty 50-50ish because all you have to do is space your 5B. Whoops I meant F-Tilt.
hard to understand......

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that there's really no combination of results and matchups that puts snake as low as 6th :/
That's also what I'm saying.

Pure results would have him at second.

Pure matchups would still have him in the top five.

Thus: no logical combination can have him that low.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because the character is good enough for it, and everyone using him is bad at it. I am no exception; I'm just less bad than everyone else.
you serious?

if so, please refer to everything thats ever been said to dark peach.

if the line for mid tier was drawn below pt, I feel he needs to be in a seperate tier below character like Ike, Luigi and Shiek .

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Both Marth and Wario were voted extremely close the last tier list.
This time around people felt that Marth was over all better than Wario.

Some people (not many) were voting Marth up to top 3. He had a lot of 5th placement votes, more than any other character. While Wario edged out marth slightly in v5, the gap between them has been felt to grow when it came to doing v6.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
So I compared this list to the 1st tier list for ****s and giggles....

The only ones that are in the same spot are Metaknight (surprise, surprise!!!!) and Wolf.

Sonic has moved up 11 spots since the 1st. Olimar: 10. Diddy and ZSS: 9. Now those are big moves and anyone that pays attention to the metagame can see why they have moved so much but this is the good part: Zelda moved down 16 spots. How the heck was she ranked so good in the 1st tier list?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh and poor old ROB moved down 14 spots as well. :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
"we" don't care about 1 spot movements.
You wrote an explanation for Toon Link, despite not moving at all.
But he made it into High Tier.

Yoshi Could've not moved at all as well and still made it into Mid tier. Basically an explanation for characters that moved both Up and down like Yoshi R.O.B. Snake etc. would still be helpful.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"we" don't care about 1 spot movements*.

*of characters within the same tier
fixed.
sheesh.

I -do- want some more explanations up there eventually, but I only originally asked for changes greater than 3, stating 'any 2 changes or tier movements are fine too'.

So yeah, I still want to get rob, kirby, etc explanations. I guess I'm not being very hard-assy about them as I have my university semester going on.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy for my Zss, but I am really confused as to Marth's status to me his moves are just really stale though I know and have seen some really good marth players.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Marth is very good. The BBR said he is. He is just harder to use at top level play than the other characters in high tier.

Sol Badguy

Smash Rookie
Y'know

Ganondorf actually isn't that bad. You just gotta know how to use him. I mean, yeah he's been nerfed and is even more sluggish than he was on melee, but he's still pretty good.

Judo777

Smash Master
Ganondorf actually isn't that bad. You just gotta know how to use him. I mean, yeah he's been nerfed and is even more sluggish than he was on melee, but he's still pretty good.
No hes bad. Like really bad. Ganondorf actually gets killed for using his up B to recover because hes one of the only characters in the game to get punished on hit at all reasonable percents.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucario should be under Ganon, because all he is only good when at 300%.

fixed.
sheesh.

I -do- want some more explanations up there eventually, but I only originally asked for changes greater than 3, stating 'any 2 changes or tier movements are fine too'.

So yeah, I still want to get rob, kirby, etc explanations. I guess I'm not being very hard-assy about them as I have my university semester going on.
Just ask me if you need any writes up still.

Judo777

Smash Master
I actually did think Falcon was worse than Ganon for along time. Now I'm not so sure. I also think Jiggs is terrible. Like those 3 are right at the bottom IMO.

Rath

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think Luigi deserves a little more respect than he seems to get. But hey I guess when your taunt is falling down on your face, kicking some dirt, or doing the seizure dance, nobody takes you seriously!

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
What about Meta Knight? He's a little marshmallow bat thing! (Guess it's the sword)

Anyhoo, why does Kirby keep falling down on each new tier list? Probably has something to do with the fact that he's a marshmallow, and marshmallows don't put up much of a fight (really, try fighting one).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Peach moving up is a lot about other characters moving down.

Peach has been around the same spot for a while, semi-viable (alright match ups with several top tiers) but some reasonably noticeable weaknesses. She doesn't get "gayed" by anything (other than swords, nades and lasers, dohohoho). Right now looking at her match ups, success in recent times, she's on the lower end of her current tier, but is seen "not as ****ed" as those in the tier below her (the tier that pretty much gets countered to the point of mediocrity by various characters).

She kinda followed the wolf ride up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom