• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Your a luigi. Do you have fun punishing things OoS? Oh wait that's right you can't unless you power shield every single time :3

It's not just that, in several scenarios where it's been setup, it covers options A and B, while uair in the same scenario offers to cover options C and D (namely, out of dthrow). Tearbear told me how broken Fox is in reading after dthrow when looking for the kill, if the opponent doesn't do anything, air dodges, or attacks, the usmash will be there. if they DI up, jump, or do a higher attack/air dodge, uair takes care of the rest of the options.

It's a really fast and powerful kill move, and when used by a smart player it's a really good option, especially for punishment.

He knowwwwwssssss. Also would like to add we can use fair as well in some situations. Last hit of fair sends you straight up as well.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's not just that, in several scenarios where it's been setup, it covers options A and B, while uair in the same scenario offers to cover options C and D (namely, out of dthrow). Tearbear told me how broken Fox is in reading after dthrow when looking for the kill, if the opponent doesn't do anything, air dodges, or attacks, the usmash will be there. if they DI up, jump, or do a higher attack/air dodge, uair takes care of the rest of the options.

It's a really fast and powerful kill move, and when used by a smart player it's a really good option, especially for punishment.
Wtf Fox doesnt have any sort of real mixups after Dthrow...

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
It good to see pikachu and olimar in top tier, only a matter of time before lucario gets in there as well. and lol and the hyrule tier.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Silly Halzy, covering option a with x and option b with y isn't a mixup.

It's covering options.

:phone:
A mixup is a scenario where one character has the ability to get guaranteed reward if he chooses the right option based on what his opponent chooses.

Aka running at your opponent, you can attack, sidestep, shield, and grab. Between those 4 options you can beat out just about everything. But Fox Dthrowing someone doesn't guarantee he'll get a real followup immediately afterwards (out of the downthrow) because people have double jumps... Dthrow doesn't combo into any aerial lol.

MJG

Smash Hero
A mixup is a scenario where one character has the ability to get guaranteed reward if he chooses the right option based on what his opponent chooses.

Aka running at your opponent, you can attack, sidestep, shield, and grab. Between those 4 options you can beat out just about everything. But Fox Dthrowing someone doesn't guarantee he'll get a real followup immediately afterwards (out of the downthrow) because people have double jumps... Dthrow doesn't combo into any aerial lol.
This^

I've played Zeton enough to know that I can easily avoid being attacked from fox's down throw.

Steam

Smash Hero
It good to see pikachu and olimar in top tier, only a matter of time before lucario gets in there as well. and lol and the hyrule tier.
nah, there's a massive gap between lucario and the characters above him... the highest lucario will ever go is 10th unless something big changes.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Is Zeton at TKD level? Just curious.

Oh the day when Sonic is legitimate in peoples eyes. I kinda like people throwing out dtilts though; free 25 -30% percent for me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The problem with Dthrow is that the situation he mentions for being a setup for Uair or Usmash is that it tends to be around 50-60%, which is below killing range. Anything before or after tends to give the other person too much time or too much knockback for you to reliably go for that.

Even then, it's a pressure game of potential options, nothing forced until the MK/person thrown reacts. Which they get time to react since they are being thrown and you have to run to them first or else they go out of range anyways. Not saying you can;t get a read or punish from it, but it's more of a educated guess deal than a "WTF my options are super covered, **** I'm likely to eat a hit here" that you described.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, that's what I meant, the dual-fold makes it both a good punish option/cover and of course a kill move. It makes for a really good trap at mid percents, and of course if you screw up almost any time during a good fox 90+, you're gonna die rofl.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
For people with the idea of 2 stock matches...The tier list would change for :popo: and :zerosuitsamus: specifically because it'd take only 2 grabs instead of 3 for :popo: and armor pieces for 1 stock outta 2 for :zerosuitsamus: gives her a large advantage that most of the cast doesn't have.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It might also nerf lucario, although anyone that's good enough to not let the lucario damage them much first stock, then lose by comeback for the lucario's last stock probably should've lost in the first place :p

It would make him take a hit in doubles though, that's for sure.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The more stocks you have the more accurate the outcome will be. 3 stocks is already very few and is only because of time constraints.
If you play with less stocks it will randomize the game even more. :/

Tesh

Smash Hero
For people with the idea of 2 stock matches...The tier list would change for :popo: and :zerosuitsamus: specifically because it'd take only 2 grabs instead of 3 for :popo: and armor pieces for 1 stock outta 2 for :zerosuitsamus: gives her a large advantage that most of the cast doesn't have.

I don't understand the reasoning behind :popo: being better. Sure it only takes 2 grabs in theory to win, but it also only takes 2 gimps/separations on :popo: to win. I don't see them being any for effective though. I agree that :zerosuitsamus: and :squirtle: would see beneficial changes and :lucario: would see arguably negative changes.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I don't understand the reasoning behind :popo: being better. Sure it only takes 2 grabs in theory to win, but it also only takes 2 gimps/separations on :popo: to win. I don't see them being any for effective though. I agree that :zerosuitsamus: and :squirtle: would see beneficial changes and :lucario: would see arguably negative changes.
wow........PT in one stock matches ._.
Also by ICs, he means it takes only 1 mistake for you to lose to them with 1 stock, however it also takes one mistake by the ICs for them to lose.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I wanna know why PKMN trainer isn't counted as three sep characters like Zelda/Shiek. It's probably been stated a million times, but I haven't seen one of those million, so I'm asking. Is it cause of the force change when you get KO'd?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I wanna know why PKMN trainer isn't counted as three sep characters like Zelda/Shiek. It's probably been stated a million times, but I haven't seen one of those million, so I'm asking. Is it cause of the force change when you get KO'd?
It's because unless you have that SV quick-switch glitch (that's fun to say, :) ), switching is going to be tedious. You will almost always have to end up fighting with at least two pokemon, and since hacks aren't going to be universally applied in rulesets, there's no way to play standalone pokemon. Pokemon also get fatigued, so even when you don't die, you still have to switch because your pokemon get really pathetic at killing (Iirc Squirtle actually gets some cool stringing ability from fatigue, but that's it).

Sheik/Zelda is pretty convenient, conversely. You have the ability to go through an entire match and not be penalized for not switching, and have the benefit of having a few MUs lessened in severity for Sheik (like Pika, ICs, and D3). That being said, the MUs are still bad usually (except for D3, Zelda's deceptively useful in that MU), it's just that Sheik doesn't have to worry about getting CG'd to oblivion (and Zelda has a couple of gimmicks in those MUs).

T-block

B2B TST
It's not a glitch xP

Even if every match were played on Smashville, PT would still be considered one character, just because it's impossible to guarantee that you will be able to play as only one pokemon. Ranking each pokemon separately is therefore an attempt to portray a metagame that does not exist.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The more stocks you have the more accurate the outcome will be. 3 stocks is already very few and is only because of time constraints.
If you play with less stocks it will randomize the game even more. :/
I disagree completely. 3 stocks just means you're able to widen a gap even more by abusing a characters ability to avoid kill moves or run away/bait via percent. 1 stock will make the game more accurate because people will have the patience to play 100% for the entire match.

I'd like to see people give 1 stock 3/5 sets a chance, because I think it'd be way more entertaining then the **** we watch now.

Agree with ZSS, disagree with ICs. People would just play safer against characters like ICs. A lot of people get grabbed because they feel pressure to create a lead to work with to bait and get kills. From 1 stock, there's no pressure to get a lead really because getting timed out won't be a big issue. Everyone will play super safe from the beginning.

Tesh

Smash Hero
People should just play safe from the beginning anyway....

OverLade

Smash Hero
That's like saying every MK player should hit their opponent once, and then run away and plank for 8 minutes as long as they have a 1% lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom