• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
unfortunately Yoshis airdodge is really bad, he's recovery could be even better but that's not the case =(

and I want to see thoose Reflex vs. M2K Videos o:
That doesn't mean we can't recover, though.

Worst case scenario if you recover cautiously with DJ: Yoshi air-dodges past his opponent and hits the ground. Opponent hits Yoshi while he's in landing lag. Yoshi DIs better this time to avoid such a situation again. No gimp.

:069: Best case scenario: Rising f-air spike. :laugh:

Nike.

Smash Hero
:wario: 5.76
:marth: 5.85
:popo: 6.62
From the BBR Character Discussion threads and everyone's views at that time, it was widely assumed that Marth would finally obtain his long awaited #5 spot. Most people called him underrated and thought he definitely deserved a rise for v5. Many BBR's considered him top4. Wario was basically everyone saying "He has potential" and just moved on to the next discussion. The thread didn't even reach 40 posts.

So how did Wario pass Marth by .09 points. Yes the point margin is basically identical and that it doesn't seem like a big deal. I'm just really curious as to how he is considered a better character than Marth.

Flayl

Smash Hero
As long as new/not competitive players like to use Ike, he'll be a newbie favorite. Position on the tier list has nothing to do with it.

Robfox

Smash Lord
Squirtle/Ivy/Charizard have the same selection method as Shiek/Zelda.

Again, the main thing is forced switches = you HAVE to use all of the Poke's (unless you're amazing and threestock the opponent within two minutes).

IDK if it would be the case with 1-stock rules tho...

Yea ok I see what you're saying.
EDIT: btw I was talking about a screen like this http://img525.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2867638.png/ not the regular screen.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah about that, depending on the tournament Brawl hacks outside of cosmetic changes (aka textures for stage, music, or character textures) are not allowed/used for tournament results.

From the BBR Character Discussion threads and everyone's views at that time, it was widely assumed that Marth would finally obtain his long awaited #5 spot. Most people called him underrated and thought he definitely deserved a rise for v5. Many BBR's considered him top4. Wario was basically everyone saying "He has potential" and just moved on to the next discussion. The thread didn't even reach 40 posts.

So how did Wario pass Marth by .09 points. Yes the point margin is basically identical and that it doesn't seem like a big deal. I'm just really curious as to how he is considered a better character than Marth.
I think the reason for wario's rise aside from the possible influence of results/development is what the ruleset this list is based on (the new BBR ruleset). Wario is a very flexible character stagewise.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah about that, depending on the tournament Brawl hacks outside of cosmetic changes (aka textures for stage, music, or character textures) are not allowed/used for tournament results.

I think the reason for wario's rise aside from the possible influence of results/development is what the ruleset this list is based on (the new BBR ruleset). Wario is a very flexible character stagewise.
More likely, the aggregate vote count (which includes many individuals not represented in the BBR Wario discussion thread) pushed Marth over Wario without any real other reason.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^ You could say that about pretty much everyone who moved... ever...

etecoon

Smash Hero
stage list could definitely be a factor, like, no one actually uses distant planet or port town because they are joke stages, but that's the assumption the BBR is operating under so you have to keep that in mind.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
stage list could definitely be a factor, like, no one actually uses distant planet or port town because they are joke stages, but that's the assumption the BBR is operating under so you have to keep that in mind.
...Distant Planet. Peach's CP. Diddy. Let's do this. XD

I think there's circle camping or something in that stage, though...:laugh:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
LOL! How in the world is the frog an issue?! He only eats you if you land in his mouth or if you stand on his head while he's looking up, he gives you clear signs of when he's going to attack. Any other time he's just a non passable platform without ledges :laugh:

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Not circle camping. Hardcore sharking and planking +the frog issue.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the correction. :D

The actual issue is that the rain isn't frequent enough IMO
The frog was an issue? What is this, 2008?
Agreed. I like the rain. No CGs for you, ICs/D3/whoever can cg up hills. And I didn't really think Bulborb was an issue...might be wrong.

His name is Bulborb. /petpeeve
^This. He doesn't really look like a frog to me...

*Has played Pikmin 2*

Flayl

Smash Hero
I should have posted my arguments against that vid on the youtube comments, that way you wouldn't be able to link it unopposed :mad:

short story: didn't use pellets, bad decisions, etc. etc.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Can I post a video of me lightly chaingrab gaying a guy who first started playing with Mario with my DDD on FD to show why FD's a joke stage?

Flayl

Smash Hero
On another note. I've actually fiddled with Yoshi today...

And egg toss might be the single most overrated attack I've ever seen. The lag on that thing IS HUGE.

Is there some secret egg toss cancel technique I'm not aware of? I read about tactics using it AT SHORT RANGE and now I'm utterly confused.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's cuz you cant just pick up yoshi, use his attacks and be good. You have to know how how and when to use what. This isn't meta knight.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
On another note. I've actually fiddled with Yoshi today...

And egg toss might be the single most overrated attack I've ever seen. The lag on that thing IS HUGE.

Is there some secret egg toss cancel technique I'm not aware of?
I read about tactics using it AT SHORT RANGE and now I'm utterly confused.

That's cuz you cant just pick up yoshi, use his attacks and be good. You have to know how how and when to use what. This isn't meta knight.
Flayl was asking about Egg tossing, how overrated it was, and it's lag, not why the attack so bad. I think...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You can slide while throwing eggs (both forwards and back), you can ledge cancel them, you can, get frame advantage with them, etc, etc.

D

Deleted member

There is no strategy to use eggs at close range XD
Except on the ledge

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yika, if we throw an egg and it hits during the last couple frames before the egg would normally explode (or during the normal explosion) we have up to 5-10ish frames after the lag before the hit. Then they have the hitstun or shield stun if they blocked it. That gives us just enough time to dash grab or something. Try it yourself. Im suprised you didn't know that.

Yikarur

Smash Master
lol you can't be serious, OF COURSE I KNOW THAT -__-
but it's UNLIKELY that it will happen, because it must be the very last frames of the egg toss and the egg explodes automatically if it connects.
it's just theoriecrafting, your opponent can roll away when you try to dash grab and you're open.
if your opponent know what Yoshi is capable of, that kind of combos won't work.
believe me, it's a pain to play against People who know the match-up D:

T-block

B2B TST
T-block mains Diddy. He used to main PT, but he's more of a secondary now.

:008:
Trolling me even on Tactical? Really?

For the record, I co-main, in every sense of the word.

And no, da kid, I'm definitely nowhere near top level. I'm actually really bad performance-wise lol. But Magik and typh have both done some noticeable things with PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom