• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's cuz you cant just pick up yoshi, use his attacks and be good. You have to know how how and when to use what. This isn't meta knight.
Wow, it's just like every character in A tier and below.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
On another note. I've actually fiddled with Yoshi today...

And egg toss might be the single most overrated attack I've ever seen. The lag on that thing IS HUGE.

Is there some secret egg toss cancel technique I'm not aware of? I read about tactics using it AT SHORT RANGE and now I'm utterly confused.
It's sort of an interesting thing to do.

By throwing it straight up with the smallest amount of power, it can hit large characters right next to you if they try to attack you or grab you. It's also possible to use a similar toss angle to beat some air approaches. Naturally, there are better options, but it CAN be done. I personally try to stay away from it.

It sets up some nice frame traps depending on how you use it though. There are a bunch of situations I could go into if you want.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Finally! Ganon has a tier called Ganon tier! But why isn't it above S tier? I thjought by now you would have realized Ganon is top tier.

Well, atleast it Ocarina of Time :)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Beating Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time uses the exact same technique as beating him in Brawl.

Dodge his obvious attacks and then just mash the attack button.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I thought it involved a fishing rod.

Was that a different Zelda game? Regardless, baiting is important in both that Zelda game and Brawl when it comes to Ganondorf. ;)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Can I post a video of me lightly chaingrab gaying a guy who first started playing with Mario with my DDD on FD to show why FD's a joke stage?
considering marios still going to get ***** by d3 on fd anyway why not :laugh:
Wow, it's just like every character in A tier and below.
so many characters are easy in this game >_>
Yeah. I mean, I guess Lucas is almost not the worst character in the game. :ohwell:
XDDDDDD LMFAO

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yes because the ease of the game determines the skill of the players.
everyone can take first place obviously.
If the game was easy everyone would be able to excel at it. Since this isn't the case and only a select few dominate the game I can't believe that is easy.

Kick the can is an easy game. Saying brawl is easy is like saying poker is easy.

Seriously what makes the game easy? Is street figher easy because you can do a haduken? A ****ing ****** can pick up the game a move the characters does that make it easy? Seriously dude you really should stop with the non sense. This game is not in the least easy at least not for players who are gridning and constantly trying to improve. There's going to be a skill gap between players however there's a gap between casual players (items and ****) tourney players and there's a gap inbetween tourney players. If this game is easy because you can just plug in and play then yeah any fighting game is easy. If you're claiming it's easy to be good I'll challenge this statement and you're definition of good. However, spelt I look forward to your placings and your m2k like results since this game is soooooooooo easy. Please don't disappoint.

D

Deleted member

A false fact would be to say brawl is easy.
A true fact is that brawl is easy relative to things like any sports, and certain competitive games like starcraft (i think that is easy enough to agree with).

I feel like if you arent trying to be a top player, once you get to a certain level of thought/reading, its pretty easy to maintain being a fairly strong player. Obviously you cant get to the top of anything without playing a lot, cuz there will be people playing more.

Brawl also requires little practice to kinda maintain general skill level, but you need quite a bit of experience to get good (varies per person)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
A true fact is that brawl is easy relative to things like any sports, and certain competitive games like starcraft (i think that is easy enough to agree with).

I feel like if you arent trying to be a top player, once you get to a certain level of thought/reading, its pretty easy to maintain being a fairly strong player. Obviously you cant get to the top of anything without playing a lot, cuz there will be people playing more.

Brawl also requires little practice to kinda maintain general skill level, but you need quite a bit of experience to get good (varies per person)
I'll agree with this to an extent. Since "good" is pretty hard to define. Also I'm not sure if you can even compare sports to video games. If you want to say it's harder for someone to be a pro athlete than a pro gamer I can agree with that. There's a reason why m2k is the best and makes the most money from this game.

Also I'd like to assume that we're all playing competitively something like general skill is about as useful as holding the world record for being able to beat off in under a minute. It's like you have that record....but what's the point. But seriously general skill =/= "good". Nor should anyone be content with have "general skill" Far too many people are content with "general skill" believe they have achieved something and try to get by just on that. Then they also have this elistist attitude with their "general skill" and make the claims like ZOGM mk h4x dsmash nado or say brawl is easy. But it's whatever.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
but they're essentially the same thing, especially since i'm not really specifying what i'm comparing it to.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Or, this game is just easy.
it depends

all in all, no matter what fighting game it turns into who outreads who, so past tech skill, its all relative to players(and their character potential which is debatable)

so yeah sure, ike may be easy to play on a technical level. doesnt necessarily youll mean people just **** with him like san does

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brawl is easy in learning curve. All the moves are easy to do and it's easy to understand the game and start playing.
And yes, it can be compared to let's say running competition. Everyone learns how to run at young age because it's so easy, but you still can't outrun Usain Bolt.
Lol awesome comparison fellas xD

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Why do I get scared when i think of the thought that marth will drop some day, (due to the lazy ones who don't practice tipping) I am practicing it tho

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Why do I get scared when i think of the thought that marth will drop some day, (due to the lazy ones who don't practice tipping) I am practicing it tho
Tipping isn't the only thing new Marts don't do. :p

Reflex is the reason Yoshi didn't make his first appearance in Mid tier. I almost feel bad for Yoshi. Looking on the bright side, though, Yoshi is still in Low Tier Tourneys! :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tipping isn't the only thing new Marts don't do. :p

Reflex is the reason Yoshi didn't make his first appearance in Mid tier. I almost feel bad for Yoshi. Looking on the bright side, though, Yoshi is still in Low Tier Tourneys! :)
Reflex doesn't play Yoshi.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Reflex plays PT though, who is right above Yoshi. Hence why PT > Yoshi right now. Could probably switch if one Yoshi started placing a bit better.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Reflex plays PT though, who is right above Yoshi. Hence why PT > Yoshi right now. Could probably switch if one Yoshi started placing a bit better.
Oooh, makes sense. Didn't quite catch that.

Probably because I got massively stoned last night and it's 11am in the morning.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Brawl is easy in learning curve. All the moves are easy to do and it's easy to understand the game and start playing.
And yes, it can be compared to let's say running competition. Everyone learns how to run at young age because it's so easy, but you still can't outrun Usain Bolt.
Lol awesome comparison fellas xD
The only thing you're forgetting is the training. It's easy to do anymove in a fighting game. If you're going to call a game easy because of that. Then any fighting game is easy. Including melee MvC2 street fighter etc etc etc. You fail and so does your analogy.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah. Yoshi's 5th while PT is 6th (and the point difference is quite significant).

Are you reading it correctly? The number on the right is what a character's placing is in comparison to other characters.

:069:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom