• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you're talking pure result wise, Kirby would be dead last out of all of those. Sonic and Peach would be close. Neither one is leapfrogging over the other result wise. Peach has more mains, Sonic has more notable wins by FAR though. Idk, I wouldn't lose sleep over whether Peach was above Sonic or not to be honest lol. The obvious **** is that Fox DK Wolf are the top 3 of that group, and everything past that is up to exactly how much you want tournament results to count for it.

Result wise, Kirby last. Character wise, Kirby probably isn't last. Peach probably is. Most mains/overall representation is clearly Peach. etc

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would if my region could get a decent carpool going.

I love the peach players though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would if my region could get a decent carpool going.

I love the peach players though.

it doesnt help when the extent of our active brawl scene is
you
me
some kid on an internship from another state.
a 13 year old
and a yoshi main that has no transportation that lives an hour away.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Idunno, Luigi should be better than D3 too. D3 and Luigi both get in some good damage when they get in, but both are stupidly slow getting there. At least Luigi's got the killpower to boot.

:troll:

Judo777

Smash Master
Maybe I'm dumb but am I the only person that thinks that how boring a character is to play might have a baring on why they don't have many results? Like I could be wrong but I think Kirby is one of the least fun characters to play (probably my bottom 5) and there are much better characters to play with a similar style (not to mention more fun).

It's like jigglypuff, why would you play jigglypuff when you can play Wario who plays pretty similarly but also has a ton of fun gimmicks (that are actually viable) and just be a way better character. Wario can time people out too but he might not actually have to everytime.......

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
why a lot of plp put Falcon in top 3 worse??
Ally ***** all with him... results talk... Ally talks
so... Falcon close to be Low Top?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
why a lot of plp put Falcon in top 3 worse??
Ally ***** all with him... results talk... Ally talks
so... Falcon close to be Low Top?
If I'm not mistaken, Ally played Falcon in a single Finals set where the other player was ****ing around with Sonic. That hardly counts.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, Ally played Falcon in a single Finals set where the other player was ****ing around with Sonic. That hardly counts.
but he win almost all of low tiers tournaments... include Bushido Impact...
and... well in a singles tournamente... i see he use Falcon vs M2k's mk. i don't remember so wel... i'll search at youtube D:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think Falcon is better than most people give him credit for, but to say that he's better than, say, Yoshi, is a little silly.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
yoshi mm.. i really think that he isn't low.
should yoshi go up to mid and poke trainer be the low top.. or maybe above Falcon in lows

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yoshi should go up, but Pokémon Trainer shouldn't go into Low.

I WISH LOW AND/OR MID TIER EVENTS HAPPENED AT ANY TOURNAMENT I ENTERED. >:[[[

Tagxy

Smash Lord
If you're talking pure result wise, Kirby would be dead last out of all of those. Sonic and Peach would be close. Neither one is leapfrogging over the other result wise. Peach has more mains, Sonic has more notable wins by FAR though. Idk, I wouldn't lose sleep over whether Peach was above Sonic or not to be honest lol. The obvious **** is that Fox DK Wolf are the top 3 of that group, and everything past that is up to exactly how much you want tournament results to count for it.

Result wise, Kirby last. Character wise, Kirby probably isn't last. Peach probably is. Most mains/overall representation is clearly Peach. etc
Why wouldnt Kirby be over Peach? He didnt seem too much of a misfit next to ROB and below Peach.

@Redhalberd Look up Trevonts performance at wintergamefest VI. Aside from taking out a third of the best part of SoCals PR at that time, the thing that stands out to me the most is he beat TKD's MK. TKDs MK is one of the best in socal, it's beaten tyrant and dsf in their prime, and to say that TKD doesnt have knowledge or experience with Fox would be silly. According to your own example, Trevonte with a limited character beat an M2K level player using a broken character and knowledge of that limited character.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Using a character =/= playing against the character.

Lain lost to Ally's CGless ICs.

All you really know are tactics you personally don't like.

Judo777

Smash Master

I have been saying that for forever and no one agrees with me lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That's because it doesn't fit the argument they're trying to make. Most people who have experienced it in practice would agree with you.

Tagxy

Smash Lord

I somewhat agree. Its literally not the same, but assuming youre proficient with character youre using you should still have a significant advantage over going into the MU with little or no experience. The problem is most people are not proficient with their secondary. Also dittos defy this rule, Ill assume thats self-evident.
That's because it doesn't fit the argument they're trying to make. Most people who have experienced it in practice would agree with you.
Unfortunately most people who would claim to have this experience arent proficient enough with two characters.

Sharky

Smash Master

it doesnt help when the extent of our active brawl scene is
you
me
some kid on an internship from another state.
a 13 year old
and a yoshi main that has no transportation that lives an hour away.
I'm actually making big progress towards getting a car right now, I might have one by the fall =D

lain

Smash Master
Very interesting idea San. I'd like to keep that in mind and think about it more, I'm not sure if it's entirely true. As for losing to Ally's non-cg'ing ic's, idk I really didn't feel like trying once I got to the end of bracket. Not knocking them though OBVIOUSLY. He's prolly got top 5 ic in the world for no particular reason XDD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Your MK is great (so lack of proficiency isn't an issue), so there has to be some discrepancy somewhere.

Ally has been practicing ICs for quite a few months when he felt like it, too.

Browny

Smash Hater
Maybe I'm dumb but am I the only person that thinks that how boring a character is to play might have a baring on why they don't have many results? Like I could be wrong but I think Kirby is one of the least fun characters to play (probably my bottom 5) and there are much better characters to play with a similar style (not to mention more fun).

It's like jigglypuff, why would you play jigglypuff when you can play Wario who plays pretty similarly but also has a ton of fun gimmicks (that are actually viable) and just be a way better character. Wario can time people out too but he might not actually have to everytime.......
This is infinitely more likely than characters having no mainers because they are 'hard to play' at top level.

:phone:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Why wouldnt Kirby be over Peach? He didnt seem too much of a misfit next to ROB and below Peach.

@Redhalberd Look up Trevonts performance at wintergamefest VI. Aside from taking out a third of the best part of SoCals PR at that time, the thing that stands out to me the most is he beat TKD's MK. TKDs MK is one of the best in socal, it's beaten tyrant and dsf in their prime, and to say that TKD doesnt have knowledge or experience with Fox would be silly. According to your own example, Trevonte with a limited character beat an M2K level player using a broken character and knowledge of that limited character.
What San said.

Agreed completely. If some superior players don't know the ditto of their own character, and lose to worse players, then of course playing a character doesn't mean you know how to fight against them, especially with a different character...

Also, playstyles definitely have a lot to do with it. A lot of people only get remotely close to beating M2K because he doesn't camp, which is why random top MKs **** people harder than M2K does etc etc.

I'm not talking down on Trevonte I think it's just pretty obvious that he's no where near TKD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom