• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My points is nobody here really considers your metagames when deciding tier lists.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ripple, keep in mind that WC never posts their bloody results.

MikeHaze prolly wins over there, but we have yet to see one tournament results page saying so... >____>

Someone should really get on their ***** and tell them to start.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Top:
S: :metaknight:
A: (:snake:/:diddy:) :falco: :wario: :olimar: (+2) :marth: (-1)

High:
B: :pikachu2: (+1) :popo: (-2) :dedede: :gw: :zerosuitsamus: (+1) :lucario: (-1)

Middle:
C: :toonlink: :kirby2: :rob: (+1) :pit: (+1) :fox: (-2) :wolf: (+3) :peach: (-1)
D: :sonic: (+3) :dk2: (-2) :ike: (+2) :luigi2: (-3) :sheilda: (-2) :sheik: :yoshi2: (+2) :ness2: (-1)

Low:
E: :pt: (-1) :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2:
F: :samus2: (+1) :falcon: (-1) :link2: (+1) :zelda: (+1) :jigglypuff: (-2)
G: :ganondorf:

Subject to my usual random changes, blah blah blah.

-Not touching the snake vs diddy argument. Not worth it. Any sane person knows those two are in spots 2 and 3 though. To me, it's a question of results. Diddy has MLG to his favor, Snake has a lot more results overall to his favor. Waiting for the next big tournament between now and next tier list to decide.

-Pikachu and Marth switching is arguable. Certain to happen if this keeps happening (Pikachu rarely showing up, but placing very well when he does). Again, waiting for the next big tournament before making that switch.

-ICs got hit by MLG basically screwing over their CGs, and thus their chances at good results there, while Pikachu and Olimar both placed. They can probably rebound back to A level with time.

-Fox mains, don't piss at me about Fox's position. You want me (and possibly others) to think of him as higher? Tell WC to stop being lazy and post their results here as well. I ain't digging through AiB to find them out. Based on the results I can find on this site, Wolf is beating Fox in results. I'm honestly not sure why I still have Fox over Wolf at this point in time.

-Sonic and Peach switching is arguable.

-Luigi was more a case of "characters getting better" than "me thinking he was overrated" if that helps any. DK is the same thing.

-Jigglypuff sucks.

inb4flames/arguments/insults

Orion*

Smash Researcher
So has MK. And Snake. And Falco. And IC. Why does a character have to be constantly changing to not drop?
I think ICs have had the most consistent growth in metagame at least as far as playing them properly and keeping up with everything than any other character since the game came out.

No offense, but this list doesnt seem to consider results at all, and seems almost fully theorycrafted.
It is complete theory crafted / personal opinion. It's not like all of these tournament records are 100% accurate anyway considering they don't even get every result ever, and to some degree if the data is going to be flawed and I'm going to have to make some sort of a subjective opinion anyway I might as well say what I think.

edit: I also believe tournament results to a large degree show the talent of the players not the characters they are using. not everyone is a tier ***** lol
You have to recognize that with even an infinite amount of options at any one given time, there are just certain strategies that are more effect. Ya know?
Because his options suckkkkkk

No flame intended.

DUDE WHY?

:052:
LMAOOOOO

Chuee

Smash Hero
-Fox mains, don't piss at me about Fox's position. You want me (and possibly others) to think of him as higher? Tell WC to stop being lazy and post their results here as well. I ain't digging through AiB to find them out. Based on the results I can find on this site, Wolf is beating Fox in results. I'm honestly not sure why I still have Fox over Wolf at this point in time.
What kind of argument is that lol.....
They don't post their results here so they don't matter.
Yup.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Zeldasmash posts a new "opinionated tier list" weekly. It's rather funny because he pretty much just never changes his list and always throws Link up a bunch of spots without explanations LOL. Oh and no one ever agrees with him, which makes it even funnier.

:phone:

Chuee

Smash Hero
Zeldasmash posts a new "opinionated tier list" weekly. It's rather funny because he pretty much just never changes his list and always throws Link up a bunch of spots without explanations LOL. Oh and no one ever agrees with him, which makes it even funnier.

Typical new guy to the smash scene.
Reminds me of yesnomaybeso

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yup.
I'm not digging around two sites to make sure I get every result, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this way. It's also not getting added into the various topics we have over here to compare character results/character usage and I'm not going to try to figure it out.

Seriously, WC dudes: Highlight your results when you post them on AiB, control + c, make a topic on smashboards, control + V. Ta-da! More data on various characters being added to those topics!

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm not digging around two sites to make sure I get every result, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this way. It's also not getting added into the various topics we have over here to compare character results/character usage and I'm not going to try to figure it out.

Seriously, WC dudes: Highlight your results when you post them on AiB, control + c, make a topic on smashboards, control + V. Ta-da! More data on various characters being added to those topics!
This would require us to care. So... no.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well then if you don't care about posting results then stop caring about stuff that depend on it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
gj stating something that isn't true...?
The key word is "reported" bro. Like it or not west coast does not report it's tournaments here. Ripple records tournaments that are reported here, but not AiB, where WC mostly sticks to.

He is not incorrect when you consider the scope of what he's talking about.

Chill out.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Yup.
This LMAO

Nobody's asking you to dig around the sites... or to figure anything out.

People are just saying their data is relevant regardless of if it is recorded or not. They still exist lmfao

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Niddo no one cares if your tier list accounts for whatever data D:

Then again we don't count Europe and it's basically just because they live over an ocean, and THEY DO report their results so :awesome:

They, we, whatever.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo no one cares if your tier list accounts for whatever data D:

Then again we don't count Europe and it's basically just because they live over an ocean, and THEY DO report their results so :awesome:

They, we, whatever.
If I don't count it, how do you know that some BBR members won't do the same thing when making the tier list? Not everyone knows that the results are over at AiB. :awesome:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm still of the opinion that Marth is within the "Sacred Seven". Now whether that means he's close to being on par with the top 4 or so (imo most characters aren't, I actually think a separate tier after Falco is a good idea) is lol. I don't really understand why he would be significantly worse than Wario and Olimar though (I saw some of him near DDD level and I'm like "Good grief, what have we done!?"), both characters have some wacky strengths but imo have some glaring flaws that inhibit them in certain MUs (plus Olimar has some arguable soft counters like Falco iirc).
For example, Wario v. MK is ultimately based on how big of reads Wario can get off to compensate for his lack of range, which isn't enough to make it close to even usually (Marth has been proven if anyone watches vids instead of just looking at results alone it can be pretty samey and it's just a matter of who gets it first, although it's definitely easier for MK to run with the lead once he gets it), plus it's not like Wario has significantly trumped marth result-wise, right? (in terms of people who purely main him, I understand he gets some skewing because he's a popular secondary to use for some stage CPs), although it's getting better for sure.

V

Smash Ace
MikeHAZE just hosted 5 big tournaments. Idk the full results but the winners were rich, rich, larry, larry, tyrant. Mike did place like top 5 each time. He's going to continue these tournaments biweekly and all the socal PR guys come to it so ill urge them to post the results here too.

Steam

Smash Hero
Because Marth's getting 9th at large tournaments instead of 7th means he's a bad character.
lol no...

the MOST we're suggesting is to move him down two or three spots from a position where he'd be expected to be a prime threat at nationals.

Steam

Smash Hero
Sadly, it is soooooooooooo true.
not really. Marth still doesn't make a consistant presence at nationals... Mike finished high in two MLGs... other times he'd be like 25th while the next best marth was waaaay down. Marth is still good but others below him have been too succesful for marth to stay over them :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You just said he's not a national threat in one post, and in the next you said he is, and even gave examples of it being true...

Browny

Smash Hater
'sacred seven' lmao

That stopped being relevant two years ago. Its all about the undisputed top 4 now. The next rung of relevant characters goes to 9.

Steam

Smash Hero
You just said he's not a national threat in one post, and in the next you said he is, and even gave examples of it being true...
Prime threat as in consistantly seen up there at nationals. everyone in like the top nine will make appearances up there now and again.

also since everyone's doing it here's my IMO tier list
S :metaknight:
A (:snake: / :diddy:) :falco: :olimar: (:pikachu2: / :popo:)
B (:marth: / :wario:) :dedede: (:lucario: / :zerosuitsamus: / :gw:) :toonlink:
C :fox: :pit: :wolf: :sonic: :rob: :kirby2: :peach:
D :luigi2: :dk2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik: :yoshi2: :ness2: :pt:
E :lucas: :mario2: :samus2:
F :falcon: :bowser2: :link2: :zelda: :jigglypuff:
G :ganondorf:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd switch Wolf with Fox and then it'd be pretty ideal. And Wario has no reason to drop to B tier.

Steam

Smash Hero
Wario has kinda fallen off the face of the earth at big tournies... probably even moreso than marth.

IDK about Wolf > Fox... Wolf gets hard countered by more relevant characters... and it's hard to go off of results with characters that low :/

D

Deleted member

I'd switch Wolf with Fox and then it'd be pretty ideal. And Wario has no reason to drop to B tier.

Seconding this on both accounts.

Wolf switching is warranted on his results alone, and what reason does Wario have to drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom