• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair/Uair into Full Waft does close to 60%.

Don't get *****

PKNintendo

Smash Master
PK Flash has a 30% chance of OHKOing you.

In other news... MK has a CG on Ness? Lol and its 6-4? How is it executed?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
grab them
hit them repeatedly
hold forward while doing step 2
they break out of grab.
you delay for about 3 frames after you can move.
you hit z
win.

and thats doing it the hard way.

@ninja
i think mk can do a walking regrab as well as a dash.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
just to clarify the whole kirby stone thing, any combination of attacks that does a total of (exactly, not more than) 30% to kirby will knock him out of stone. He takes the knockback (but not the damage) of the hit that gets him to 30%. If a hit that doesn't provide knockback (ie fox's laser) is the one that gets him to 30%, it will not knock kirby out of stone.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
grab them
hit them repeatedly
hold forward while doing step 2
they break out of grab.
you delay for about 3 frames after you can move.
you hit z
win.

and thats doing it the hard way.

@ninja
i think mk can do a walking regrab as well as a dash.
the following is not aimed at you da kid. your post is just the most informative on how it's done

anyways, while this is true that mk has this on ness, this is also true of like the entire cast. everyone (correct me if im wrong) can do this to ness. although i must ask why any1 would bother including this as part of a match up basis?

this is known as the ender grab and it is banned in all tournies. the only time it wasn't was at that one mlg where espy did it to that one ness. this is like saying metaknight's ifdc effects a match up, since it is banned in tourny it should not be taken into consideration just like ifdc is not taken into consideration.

imo

Steam

Smash Hero
that CG isn't banned though. the only one that it SOMETIMES banned is marth's infinite. but it's not like marth needs it....

and why are we putting so much discussion into a move that is basically never used except as a fastfall with a hitbox?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
the following is not aimed at you da kid. your post is just the most informative on how it's done

anyways, while this is true that mk has this on ness, this is also true of like the entire cast. everyone (correct me if im wrong) can do this to ness. although i must ask why any1 would bother including this as part of a match up basis?

this is known as the ender grab and it is banned in all tournies. the only time it wasn't was at that one mlg where espy did it to that one ness. this is like saying metaknight's ifdc effects a match up, since it is banned in tourny it should not be taken into consideration just like ifdc is not taken into consideration.

imo
Never heard of sucha thing, and if it is then im saying flat out, this community makes me sad.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ummmm..... if you look at the whobo3 rules, it is not marth specific. also if you ask any tourney directors at any tourney (at least the ones i've been to including WG4) they will tell that NO regrabs with ANY character are allowed on ness and lucas out of grounded grab release. trust me i almost got disqualified for doing it with pit because i assumed it was only illegal with marth. not that im not satisfied with GR>fsmash or anything :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Grab Releases that lead into infinites or near infinites were the main target of rules like that. Characters that get a dash regrab aren't a part of that.

Chuee

Smash Hero

imo
No.
1. Not every character has a regrab on ness
2. Regrab CGs aren't banned.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
GOD DAMN IT! that means i could have done it at the last tourney i went to before i moved! son of a *****. i gimped myself on my last stock playing that ness on game 3 when i probably could have 2 stocked him..... arrgghhh. i hate it when tourney reffs make up some bull**** instead of looking it up :mad:

Chuee

Smash Hero
GOD DAMN IT! that means i could have done it at the last tourney i went to before i moved! son of a *****. i gimped myself on my last stock playing that ness on game 3 when i probably could have 2 stocked him..... arrgghhh. i hate it when tourney reffs make up some bull**** instead of looking it up :mad:
The more you know

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS' fully charged fsmash does.... the same as an uncharged one. I don't know how much damage that is, though, because I don't really use it. 10%? looool

I am totally gonna fsmash kirby 3 times next time he dbs

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS loses to D3 hard counter.

Not even trolling kids, I'm super goddamn serious.

Orion still salty as hell those matches weren't recorded, people need to see why every D3 has played the MU wrong and given ZSS players wins they shouldnt have gotten.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Could I hear the reasons why Olimar is -1 against iCs while GW is -2? I haven't seen any ICs owning any GWs.

Also why peach is +1 with Ics?

And yoshi +1 with ICs?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Explain why.
If D3 sits on the ground and shields ZSS has absolutely no approach vector. Every single move she has is unsafe on his shield, with the exception of perfectly spaced charged downsmash which she can't approach with to begin with.

I know nobody's going to take me seriously until Orion is back in the states and beats NR in the matchup (I'll sidebet that all day, by the way), but go and watch some of NR's matches vs D3 players and look for the segments where D3s stop trying to camp bair and stay grounded.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If D3 sits on the ground and shields ZSS has absolutely no approach vector. Every single move she has is unsafe on his shield, with the exception of perfectly spaced charged downsmash which she can't approach with to begin with.

I know nobody's going to take me seriously until Orion is back in the states and beats NR in the matchup (I'll sidebet that all day, by the way), but go and watch some of NR's matches vs D3 players and look for the segments where D3s stop trying to camp bair and stay grounded.
1. DDD has to get the lead.
2. DDD has to respond perfectly to every grab ZSS throws out.
3. If DDD uses practically ANY move... ZSS can punish it.

Explain to me what happens when his shield gets low, and we space a side-b?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

So basically ... Whoever attacks first loses? Sounds like a fun matchup.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Could I hear the reasons why Olimar is -1 against iCs while GW is -2? I haven't seen any ICs owning any GWs.

And yoshi +1 with ICs?
I definitely think IC's vs GaW is debatable. Also remember there aren't many good game and watches around, and there are a good number of olimars around, so maybe that's why it seems like olimar loses to IC's more than GaW.

Basically GaW has no SOLID approach on the ice climbers. Uair shuts down aerial approaches, and they can grab our SH bair (if we don't hit one of them). The match turns into baiting them into uairing our shield and then upBing so they get into the air so we can nair/seperate them. Also, most ways to hit them requires a giant risk, because they can grab nearly anything we throw out. Plus keep in mind we are the second lightest character in the game, and bucket braking doesn't help too much vertically, so cging to death doesn't take much time.

Overall on a 5 starter list I think IC's beat us -2, and probably even on a 7 starter list too. A 9 starter list I feel they only win -1.

As far as I know, olimar has ways of pressure the IC's without getting grabbed, and they have found ways to get around the blizzard wall. -1 seems accurate there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

She has safe moves. It's not that bad at all.

I'd also bet on Riddle.

^This.

Even Coney and Atmosk says it's a bad MU.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
She has safe moves. It's not that bad at all.

I'd also bet on Riddle.

^This.

Even Coney and Atmosk says it's a bad MU.
And M2k says Diddy beats MK.

NR, if you sideB at D3 it has more than enough startup to reliably PS and dashgrab essentially every time.

ZSS's grab also has a ton of startup.

Why would D3 do anything? If D3 stands in place ZSS has zero approach vectors that are safe. Are you patient enough to let a match sit at 0%/0%?

I've been tempted for a while to sit down and timestamp evaluate a few matches that perfectly illustrate what D3 has to do to win but it'd be fairly time consuming because essentially every D3 spends 95% of the time playing the match wrong and only 5% playing it right, after which they immediately revert to what they think they should be doing.

Anyways, any takers in advance on that sidebet? Starting at $100.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

And yoshi +1 with ICs?
Yoshi beats ICies because of how insanely mobile and safe he is. Yoshi has the best air speed and a great ground speed to keep away from them but most importantly, is his egg lay. Yoshi's egg lay can be wavebounced and DJC'd making it unpredictable due to the many different angles and ways it works from, and is a fast, unblockable grab that can be used in the air and cant be punished easily if at all by ICies. One egglay on Popo is free damage on Nana and separates them, and if you egg lay Nana, she doesn't mash out and can stay in for 100+ frames. Yoshi also has his egg toss as a projectile, which is really nice to play safe away from ICies, and the projectile hits twice (the egg and then the pop of it are two different hitboxes) making ICies already difficult time Power shielding and approaching an even more tedious task. The other thing yoshi has, is if yoshi can single out 1 Climber, he has grab release usmash which will kill Nana around 110-120 because she doesnt DI.

Yoshi is also weird to chaingrab for ICies, but thats not a major factor.

As for the other characters, I have general ideas, but I'll leave them to be explained by their mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom