• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Puffs dair ***** Dedede. It hits him and combos into RCO slope rest. The slope rest cancels all the lag and Dedede dies because he is so big.
No matter what you say from now on is invalid because I win.
Fail post. Dair doesn't really do anything but combo him (Which D3 is good at DIing btw because of his traction) and it's hard to land. D3 has a bair which is much better than Puff's dair. No it doesn't hit D3 into RCO slope rest. Puff don't have a slope rest.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lmao SD D3 does not have a +3 matchup with Lucario right now. It's +2 or maybe even +1 tbh since no D3s use Dthrow to upsmash. and without a CG it's even at worst for lucario.
lmao. You claim no Dedede use it yet I use it all the time.

Honestly idk the MU all that well, no Lucarios in my region.

As long as d3 will never be allowed in mid tiers 's all fine by me.

itt though: Supreme Dirt thinks d3 beats peach +3. Where da peaches at?
Imo, his CG is overrated: use the chain once, excellent. After that, as much damage as a backthrow usually, lol.
D3 as a lowtier is just redeceles.
The Peaches are off being bad at this game.

And where did I say we beat her because of the CG? lmao.

I love how everyone assumes we beat people because of the CG.

Not because we outrange and completely wall a character out, said character can't kill us until ungodly %s while we have no trouble killing her, and no Peaches, I repeat, none play the MU correctly.

Except for a certain Peach in my region.

Honestly, I'ma stop posting in these forums because I really don't give a damn what people think about my character. Dedede dropping on the tier list doesn't make my character worse. People agreeing on incorrect MU ratios doesn't change how the MUs play out.

Also for all the characters we can't CG, there are lots of other far more critical reasons why we lose to the characters we do.

Also imo we beat Zelda +2. Squirtle is IRRELEVANT, because he's 1/3 of a character, and we solidly beat PT.

All this talk of Dedede without a CG is dumb though. Because it doesn't matter. Because Dedede has a CG.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
no top D3s use it in matches against lucarios so it might as well not exist. tbh I've never even seen a video of it working on lucario. not once. lol.
Yeah I'll give you that. Honestly idk why they don't. It seems like such a good option.

Similar to how top diddy's never go for the SNL.

Also I really need to play some Lucarios at Apex.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Doc King should go to Apex. Doc will be like the Ken for D3 mains, because he and his amazing lard dumpster penguin will place so high, they'll finish at 0th, rocketing D3 to the top tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What, Dthrow to Usmash? It's actually not that hard.

Dedede Dthrow to Buffer Dash Usmash is actually not too bad to pull off. His pivot grab buffer infinite on the other hand, holy ****ing **** I think I've gotten that to work 1/100 times.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What, Dthrow to Usmash? It's actually not that hard.

Dedede Dthrow to Buffer Dash Usmash is actually not too bad to pull off. His pivot grab on the other hand, holy ****ing **** I think I've gotten that to work 1/100 times.
I've got about 50% consistency on the pivot infinite.

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah, for a chaingrab you need a fairly high consistency. 50% means about 25% youll get it 3 times, 12.5% youd get it 4 times, 6.25% youd get it 5 times, etc.

Doc King

Smash Lord
lmao. You claim no Dedede use it yet I use it all the time.

Honestly idk the MU all that well, no Lucarios in my region.

The Peaches are off being bad at this game.

And where did I say we beat her because of the CG? lmao.

I love how everyone assumes we beat people because of the CG.

Not because we outrange and completely wall a character out, said character can't kill us until ungodly %s while we have no trouble killing her, and no Peaches, I repeat, none play the MU correctly.

Except for a certain Peach in my region.

Honestly, I'ma stop posting in these forums because I really don't give a damn what people think about my character. Dedede dropping on the tier list doesn't make my character worse. People agreeing on incorrect MU ratios doesn't change how the MUs play out.

Also for all the characters we can't CG, there are lots of other far more critical reasons why we lose to the characters we do.

Also imo we beat Zelda +2. Squirtle is IRRELEVANT, because he's 1/3 of a character, and we solidly beat PT.

All this talk of Dedede without a CG is dumb though. Because it doesn't matter. Because Dedede has a CG.
One of the best post about D3 ever. The only ppl that should talk about D3 is the ppl in the D3BR, no one else.

I'm probably gonna take a break on the boards about D3. These arguments are going nowhere for anybody right now.

I'm also gonna start to take you guys a lot less seriously, because you guys really don't know much about the King and just blurt out random crap without examining it.
Doc King should go to Apex. Doc will be like the Ken for D3 mains, because he and his amazing lard dumpster penguin will place so high, they'll finish at 0th, rocketing D3 to the top tier.
lol. I should.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, for a chaingrab you need a fairly high consistency. 50% means about 25% youll get it 3 times, 12.5% youd get it 4 times, 6.25% youd get it 5 times, etc.
Yeah basically. It's why I don't CG Marth or Peach. I mean I could, but I know I WILL screw it up under pressure, so I focus on other aspects of those MUs.

One of the best post about D3 ever. The only ppl that should talk about D3 is the ppl in the D3BR, no one else.

Oh, so apparently... NOBODY LISTEN TO ME DOC KING THINKS I'M RIGHT

Also there's a Dedede BR? lol. Dumb BRs are dumb.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah basically. It's why I don't CG Marth or Peach. I mean I could, but I know I WILL screw it up under pressure, so I focus on other aspects of those MUs.

Oh, so apparently... NOBODY LISTEN TO ME DOC KING THINKS I'M RIGHT

Also there's a Dedede BR? lol. Dumb BRs are dumb.
If u guys are gonna disagree with everything I say then I think that Dedede is in Roll Tier and is the worst character in the game.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wrong. Benjamin Franklin is the worst character in this game.
Supreme Dirt is the worst character in the game. All of his matchups are -4 against everybody and is in a tier of his own called Dirt, which is below roll tier. :troll:

Chuee

Smash Hero
If u guys are gonna disagree with everything I say then I think that Dedede is in Roll Tier and is the worst character in the game.
Wrong. Benjamin Franklin is the worst character in this game.
Supreme Dirt is the worst character in the game. All of his matchups are -4 against everybody and is in a tier of his own called Dirt, which is below roll tier. :troll:
That actually sounds about right.
I .......... give up

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
D3 is definately not a low tier at all. How is a character with the best chaingrab
ICs.
spot dodge,
Falco, tink, yoshi,
pivot grab,
Olimar

D3s power is actually pretty average, when you consider that his high KB moves are almost never going to hit on a legitamate opponent. All he really has is up tilt and aside from that, his good moves arent going to kill early at all.

Characters like snake, DK, fox, and Ike are all alot stronger all around.

D3 doesnt have combos, he is an option limitation character. his moves dont chain into each other well outside of very specific circumstances like repeated bair strings. Sonic, Fox, Falco, ZSS, those are combo characters.

finishers,
thats just a synonym for power, which I covered earlier.

tech chasing,
due to his poor run speed, his tech chasing skills arent really above average either.

D3 is also the most underrated character.
Sonic and Ike say you are full of crap.
The thing that doesn't make sense is why would D3 all of a sudden become mid tier just because some ppl on SmashBoards think so?
ROFL!

Maybe because the tier list was made from the get go 'just because some people on smashboards thought so.'

I didnt see you complaining when the same people moving him down the list now, put him as the third best character in the game at the beginning. But now that people are moving your character down, NOW you decide to have a problem with the process.

D3 always ***** puff. :p

I will never face a good puff because there's no such thing as a good puff because he sucks.
i love this (painfully wrong) logic.

Well I can't really tell the difference between online and offline cause I've never pkayed offline,
well I think that this is really all anyone should need to never take this kid seriously

(Which D3 is good at DIing btw because of his traction) and it's hard to land.

I'm also gonna start to take you guys a lot less seriously, because you guys really don't know much about the King and just blurt out random crap without examining it.
oh my...

what in the...

holy...

does not compute,

I cant air...

Doc King

Smash Lord
ICs.

Falco, tink, yoshi,

Olimar

D3s power is actually pretty average, when you consider that his high KB moves are almost never going to hit on a legitamate opponent. All he really has is up tilt and aside from that, his good moves arent going to kill early at all.

Characters like snake, DK, fox, and Ike are all alot stronger all around.

D3 doesnt have combos, he is an option limitation character. his moves dont chain into each other well outside of very specific circumstances like repeated bair strings. Sonic, Fox, Falco, ZSS, those are combo characters.

thats just a synonym for power, which I covered earlier.

due to his poor run speed, his tech chasing skills arent really above average either.

Sonic and Ike say you are full of crap.

ROFL!

Maybe because the tier list was made from the get go 'just because some people on smashboards thought so.'

I didnt see you complaining when the same people moving him down the list now, put him as the third best character in the game at the beginning. But now that people are moving your character down, NOW you decide to have a problem with the process.

i love this (painfully wrong) logic.

well I think that this is really all anyone should need to never take this kid seriously

oh my...

what in the...

holy...

does not compute,

I cant air...
D3's power i would say is definately above average. He's a pretty strong character.

D3 has many combos and inescapable ones too.

Tech Chasing is a good option for D3 to use. Kind of hard to do sometimes, but if you can read pretty good, you can get some combos in.

The problem with the process of moving D3 down now is that mk is banned. Without mk, D3 can perform much better and can dominate Rainbow and Brinstar.

D3 ***** Puff. Puff can't DI out of the down throw. D3 also completely outranges Puff and can kill her at like 80% with an up tilt.

Chuee

Smash Hero
D3's power i would say is definately above average. He's a pretty strong character.

Tech Chasing is a good option for D3 to use. Kind of hard to do sometimes, but if you can read pretty good, you can get some combos in.

The problem with the process of moving D3 down now is that mk is banned. Without mk, D3 can perform much better and can dominate Rainbow and Brinstar.

D3 ***** Puff. Puff can't DI out of the down throw. D3 also completely outranges Puff and can kill her at like 80% with an up tilt.
You just repeating what you said in the post KID quoted lmao

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Because it's the truth.

This is so pointless. Everything I say just gets ignored. Well I'm out.
Thank ****ing god. You finally learned to stfu cause your stupid

GOOD ****

D3 isn't going to mid tier. Anyone who says that is also stupid and has to slap themselves. He will stay at the bottom of high tier, even with MK gone he's STILL going to stay there. And he still beats or goes even with basically everyone below him except Fox. Plain and simple.

Steam still needs to see things with his own eyes to believe something exists I see -_-

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Doc King, wow, youre awful dude.

Its like...

Youre so bad... at everything...
no, hes not, trust me, I play the character, most likely better than you too.

If the other guy is smart enough to avoid up tilt, DDD is hard to kill with because bair is always stale, most of the time he cant kill out of a throw, and all his other moves are too hard to hit with.
Like what?
Chaingrab?
Does he have any combos other than the chaingrab and the occasional bair string?
Just for the record, I hope you know that if you want to get technical, no combos are inescapable because of SDI.

Lol, why are you even responding to my statements if you are just going to repeat what i said.
rofl. DDD. Dominating RC and brinstar. Thats rich. Youre stupid, and youre wrong and you should stop talking while youre behind.

Youre so ignorant. You just admitted that you have never played a good puff before. So why the hell are you talking like you know the matchup.

But Ill help you out. Puff does not die early because puff is REALLY REALLY hard to hit. And shes mobile enough to get lots of punishes and damage on ddd. He walls her relatively easy with bair, and every punish he gets does a lot of damage because she is light and he does a lot of damage with individual moves. But the matchup as a whole is close to even.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
D3 beats Puff +3
Time for me to become the Doc King of Puff. In all seriousness, I believe D3 is one of Puff's best high tier match-ups.

One of Puff's major weaknesses is that her approaches are quite telegraphed, mobile characters or characters with fast attacks (like ZSS) exploit this weakness very well, D3 however, cannot.

Because of D3's size, mobility and attack speed he is juggled/combo'd very easily. An intelligently placed bair or fair can easily send him into a juggle and then far off-stage, forcing him to use his up-b to recover. If he is at KO percent at this point, he will always die because of Rest, if he isn't at KO percent then Jigglypuff can rinse and repeat her juggles.

Finally, D3 is easily the slowest character in the game on average. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is one of the most mobile. What does this mean? Puff can time D3 out, with ease. D3 has basically no answer to her air camping, and I strongly believe that if Puff has a stock lead, D3 has already lost.

Of course, unlike Doc I'm not going to ignore Puff's weaknesses in the MU.

D3's utilt KOs her early, hits at the exact spot she likes to approach and has invincibility. Because of its utility I believe the move would be staled quite quickly in practice (similarly to Snake's utilt in the MU), limiting its KO potential, but it is still a force to be reckoned with that forces Puff to work for the things I mentioned above.

D3's bair is in a similar boat, i.e. something Puff needs to be aware of. It has good range, can combo into itself and is decently fast. Puff's only safe option to beat bair is to go underneath with uair or in rare cases, above (most of the time this won't work because the D3 will fast-fall and your dair will just miss him as you fall, but it is still worth keeping in mind). Neither of these situations yield a large reward for Puff if she successfully pulls them off.

Ftilt messes with Puff's dash-dance/fox-trot/grab ground game to the point of making it almost useless when mixed up with D3's massive grab. It has the potential to take away a strong point for Puff against people who aren't familiar with the MU; her air to ground transitions.

Finally, D3's massive shield-grab range forces Puff to space her aerials perfectly, mix up her dair landings and her Pound heights to ensure she doesn't get shield-grabbed. If she does get grabbed, a few bthrows will put her in KO percent. This is only a problem if she doesn't have the lead, though.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Thank ****ing god. You finally learned to stfu cause your stupid

GOOD ****

D3 isn't going to mid tier. Anyone who says that is also stupid and has to slap themselves. He will stay at the bottom of high tier, even with MK gone he's STILL going to stay there. And he still beats or goes even with basically everyone below him except Fox. Plain and simple.

Steam still needs to see things with his own eyes to believe something exists I see -_-
lol I ain't stupid.
Its like...

Youre so bad... at everything...

no, hes not, trust me, I play the character, most likely better than you too.

If the other guy is smart enough to avoid up tilt, DDD is hard to kill with because bair is always stale, most of the time he cant kill out of a throw, and all his other moves are too hard to hit with.

Like what?
Chaingrab?
Does he have any combos other than the chaingrab and the occasional bair string?
Just for the record, I hope you know that if you want to get technical, no combos are inescapable because of SDI.

Lol, why are you even responding to my statements if you are just going to repeat what i said.

rofl. DDD. Dominating RC and brinstar. Thats rich. Youre stupid, and youre wrong and you should stop talking while youre behind.

Youre so ignorant. You just admitted that you have never played a good puff before. So why the hell are you talking like you know the matchup.

But Ill help you out. Puff does not die early because puff is REALLY REALLY hard to hit. And shes mobile enough to get lots of punishes and damage on ddd. He walls her relatively easy with bair, and every punish he gets does a lot of damage because she is light and he does a lot of damage with individual moves. But the matchup as a whole is close to even.
I laughed hard at this post. This is a horrible and biased argument right here.

For his killing thing, you forgot to mention many thing. One being that he has many kill moves outside of bair and up tilt (I know those are the easiest to land kill moves and most reliable) like d smash and fair. Second, you forgot to mention that when D3 chaingrabs, it can refresh his kill moves along with waddle dees. A third thing is that D3 can actually do finishers on many characters like d throw to up smash on Lucario. A fourth thing is that you didn't mention how well they kill, they can kill pretty well and pretty good.

D3 has d throw to up smash on Lucario along with several other characters, also d throw to d tilt, the rco lag crap, and this dash cancelling d smash on 4 characters.

Rainbow is very known for D3 dominating there. I don't know why I even have to bother typing about how this stage is good for D3 because you are too stupid to know why. This stage has a wall infinite first part, a bunch of walkoffs, and it's a complete air stage.

For Brinstar, it has a lot of air, it's very small which prevents hard camping, you can perform many slope infinites such as Wario, Wolf, and Ganon. Also it's very easy to stale move refresh and so that can help with the standing infinite characters. You can also do bair strings pretty easy and you get a killing advantage.

The one thing you forgot to mention is that Puff has an extremely hard time getting in, which makes it hard for Puff to kill and not D3. Only major thing she has is a wall of pain, but D3 can do that too. Easily +3 for the King.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Doc King vs. the world.

Grim didn't you tell me Dedede vs. Puff was like +3 at ACL Melbourne? Or am I making that up. I'm so confused ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom