• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Puff and IC's are the same character

Look at Nana

She's Pink

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Because it just isn't. Puff sucks don't go with the "we are air we are avoid grab" mindset.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Because ICs have more than just grab.
Most of the time.
They have... Uair/Bair/Usmash... That is literally it, and it is not enough to say that they squarely beat ICs.

Uair isn't that effective because of Puff's aerial mobility. Bair keeps Puff away, but it can be countered fairly, same with Usmash.

Then you have to take into account Puff's dair which won't get shield grabbed and separates the Climbers, her ability to time out Sopo with ease and the possibility of timing out dual climbers...

Seems pretty even to me.

Tell me something, naysayers. Do you disagree with me because of preconceived notions that Puff is bad, or because you legitimately feel my brief summary of the MU above isn't correct?

Flayl

Smash Hero
They have... Uair/Bair/Usmash... That is literally it, and it is not enough to say that they squarely beat ICs.

Uair isn't that effective because of Puff's aerial mobility. Bair keeps Puff away, but it can be countered fairly, same with Usmash.

Then you have to take into account Puff's dair which won't get shield grabbed and separates the Climbers, her ability to time out Sopo with ease and the possibility of timing out dual climbers...

Seems pretty even to me.

Tell me something, naysayers. Do you disagree with me because of preconceived notions that Puff is bad, or because you legitimately feel my brief summary of the MU above isn't correct?
How can you say DAir will reliably seperate the ICs if for that to happen you have to DAir in between the two, which puts you at risk of getting UAir'd? If you were spacing DAir to hit only the IC in front I would agree with you (that you can avoid UAir)

That's just an inconsistency I spotted, I'm not going to pretend I care all that much about the matchup

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Puff could only feasibly go even if the stage she got was ridiculous, or if she could endlessly plank. Because yes then it would be even.

Cassio

Smash Master
I feel like jiggs has the tools to possibly beat ICs, just not the players. I doubt anyones going to try to revolutionize the jiggs metagame anytime soon though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't see any tools Puff has that any hightier doesn't. High mobility doesn't guarantee a win. Just look at how Wario doesn't eat ICs for breakfast even though he is the most mobile character in the game in air and has a similar awesome dair.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
puff is only overrated by puff players
If Puff was as bad as everyone says she is, I wouldn't be able to beat people with her after they have had over a year of match-up practice as well as beating people I have only just met.

There is a point where you have to say "Alright, this character doesn't deserve to be in the same tier as Ganondorf".

Cassio

Smash Master
I don't see any tools Puff has that any hightier doesn't. High mobility doesn't guarantee a win. Just look at how Wario doesn't eat ICs for breakfast even though he is the most mobile character in the game in air and has a similar awesome dair.
range....multiple jumps....

Doc King

Smash Lord
Not near as overrated as D3. D3 is terrible, low tier.
D3 is definately not a low tier at all. How is a character with the best chaingrab, spot dodge, pivot grab, vertical survivability, along with having good range and power, combos, finishers, tech chasing, survivability in general a low tier character?

D3 is a good character.

D3 is also the most underrated character.
puff is only overrated by puff players
It seems like it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
D3 is definately not a low tier at all. How is a character with the best chaingrab, spot dodge, pivot grab, vertical survivability, along with having good range and power, combos, finishers, tech chasing, survivability in general a low tier character?
His lack of options in many situations is a weakness other high tiers don't suffer from.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
OMG DOC KING SHUT THE HELL UP.

Like seriously, STOP TALKING.

You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You're worse than I was when I joined SWF and argued Ganon's MUs.

You talk like we have no weaknesses.

We are SLOW. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. UTilt and DTilt are our fastest moves, and they're frame 8 iirc (I'd have to check), though UTilt does have invincibility, but that's on the initial hit frames and irrelevant. Y'know who else has a fastest ground move hitting on frame 8? Ganondorf. Y'know what frame his next fastest move hits on? 10. Ours? 12. AND IT'S OUR JAB.

We are WEAK IN THE AIR. Just why exactly do you think MK beats us? If you said Nado and Shuttle Loop, YOU'RE WRONG. MK beats us so hard because he has literally no problem getting us into the air, where unless we're there to edgeguard or wall someone out with BAir, we are INCREDIBLY WEAK. And he has no trouble keeping us up there, being relatively fast (WE HAVE THE LOWEST AIRSPEED IN THE GAME), a frame 2 UAir that frametraps, us being hella big, and our only option below us is DAir, which he can airdodge and punish our laggy as hell landing. Because I guarantee you while you are being pressured by Metaknight you WILL NO space the Autocancel right.

MK beats our grab. Most of his ground moves are safe on shield. And by most, I mean the two that matter here, FTilt and DTilt. Getting a grab, which is our primary way of dealing damage, is very hard in this MU.

MK beats our throws. DThrow sucks here. Oh yeah, sure, it can be used for techchase.
Until the MK learns he can DI up and shuttle loop us.
So BThrow will be stale. Or it would if it weren't so hard to grab MK.

Our FTilt, our primary spacing tool, is... wait, that's actually safe on MK's shield. Huh. Perfectly spaced.

UTilt is hard to land at high %s. In my experience, the only times I land it is when the MK gets greedy, like Nadoing me (playing M2K at CoT5, only way I got kills on him was UTilting Nado).

DTilt is passable, but it's hard to edgeguard MK. Shuttle Loop is always a threat against edgeguards.

BAir can keep MK out somewhat, but it's hard to wall out MK when he's that much faster.

I could break down our moves more but it wouldn't be all that useful.

I could break down other MUs but I'm tired.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Doc King:

D3 is most likely going to be bottom of high tier/top of mid tier next tier list. That's where seemingly the vast majority feels that he belongs.

Accept it. Embrace it. Move on.

Doc King

Smash Lord
OMG DOC KING SHUT THE HELL UP.

Like seriously, STOP TALKING.

You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You're worse than I was when I joined SWF and argued Ganon's MUs.

You talk like we have no weaknesses.

We are SLOW. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. UTilt and DTilt are our fastest moves, and they're frame 8 iirc (I'd have to check), though UTilt does have invincibility, but that's on the initial hit frames and irrelevant. Y'know who else has a fastest ground move hitting on frame 8? Ganondorf. Y'know what frame his next fastest move hits on? 10. Ours? 12. AND IT'S OUR JAB.

We are WEAK IN THE AIR. Just why exactly do you think MK beats us? If you said Nado and Shuttle Loop, YOU'RE WRONG. MK beats us so hard because he has literally no problem getting us into the air, where unless we're there to edgeguard or wall someone out with BAir, we are INCREDIBLY WEAK. And he has no trouble keeping us up there, being relatively fast (WE HAVE THE LOWEST AIRSPEED IN THE GAME), a frame 2 UAir that frametraps, us being hella big, and our only option below us is DAir, which he can airdodge and punish our laggy as hell landing. Because I guarantee you while you are being pressured by Metaknight you WILL NO space the Autocancel right.

MK beats our grab. Most of his ground moves are safe on shield. And by most, I mean the two that matter here, FTilt and DTilt. Getting a grab, which is our primary way of dealing damage, is very hard in this MU.

MK beats our throws. DThrow sucks here. Oh yeah, sure, it can be used for techchase.
Until the MK learns he can DI up and shuttle loop us.
So BThrow will be stale. Or it would if it weren't so hard to grab MK.

Our FTilt, our primary spacing tool, is... wait, that's actually safe on MK's shield. Huh. Perfectly spaced.

UTilt is hard to land at high %s. In my experience, the only times I land it is when the MK gets greedy, like Nadoing me (playing M2K at CoT5, only way I got kills on him was UTilting Nado).

DTilt is passable, but it's hard to edgeguard MK. Shuttle Loop is always a threat against edgeguards.

BAir can keep MK out somewhat, but it's hard to wall out MK when he's that much faster.

I could break down our moves more but it wouldn't be all that useful.

I could break down other MUs but I'm tired.
LOL! You think D3 is weak in the air? Are you serious? D3 has like one of the best air games ever along with Game and Watch and Wario. Also all you brought up was mk in your argument while mk doesn't matter since he's banned.

D3 is pretty slow, but he's not that slow to compete.
Doc King:

D3 is most likely going to be bottom of high tier/top of mid tier next tier list. That's where seemingly the vast majority feels that he belongs.

Accept it. Embrace it. Move on.
The thing that doesn't make sense is why would D3 all of a sudden become mid tier just because some ppl on SmashBoards think so? Nothing has really happened to make D3 become mid tier. Plus with mk banned, D3 can actually compete well without getting countered hard by mk. If he was legal still then I could probably see how D3 would drop to low high/top mid, but I mean when mk is banned, D3 is gonna be able to use great cps like Rainbow and Brinstar.

Something like ZSS moving above D3 makes sense since ZSS seems to have more to her than D3, but D3 can go above Lucario and maybe Pika. I think he's pretty fine where he is at this point. A great character, but with a few major flaws that prevent him from being a top character.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It makes sense to anyone who has been around smashboards longer than you have.

The general public wanted Fox to go up, he went up.

The general public wanted PT to go up, he went up (too high, but then they fixed it two tier lists later, but point still stands)

The general public wanted ROB to go down, he went down.

I can name example after example, but the point is: if the majority of the general public feels strongly about something, more times than not the majority of the BBR feels the same way and it happens. Not always, but most of the time.

D3 is dropping, get used to it. It will be easier once you stop fanboying over D3 like a newbie.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Does anybody have top/high lucas sets they could recommend me? I'm pretty sure he has a crippling weakness nobody takes advantage of (no, I'm not talking about grab release) but I'd like to confirm with actual matches first.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It makes sense to anyone who has been around smashboards longer than you have.

The general public wanted Fox to go up, he went up.

The general public wanted PT to go up, he went up (too high, but then they fixed it two tier lists later, but point still stands)

The general public wanted ROB to go down, he went down.

I can name example after example, but the point is: if the majority of the general public feels strongly about something, more times than not the majority of the BBR feels the same way and it happens. Not always, but most of the time.

D3 is dropping, get used to it. It will be easier once you stop fanboying over D3 like a newbie.
It seems like you guys want D3 to go down because you hate this character. Tier list shouldn't be listed on hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom