• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laem

Smash Champion
After seeing you were the last poster I just had to check if you are going to say that again. >_>
RCO lag is the least of Marios worries in that MU. Mario cannot commit to anything useful without the risk of getting grabbed.
Mario can spam dair and get away with it.

Actually RCO lag is a huge problem in his match-up with DDD. DDD's ledge traps completely wreck Mario because of RCO lag. He wouldn't even need to infinite CG Mario for it to be terrible if he can abuse Mario's terrible edge game adequately. It's the same reason why DDD beats Marth, except more drastic.

:059:
Meh gonna have to side with lzr, RCO lag can almost always be worked around. Unless youre playing on FD maybe but that stage is broken as ****

D

Deleted member

Olimar vs Lucario should not be even. >_>

Really difficult for Lucario to get in, and one Pikmin stops a fully-charged aura sphere.

It's -1 at least for :lucario:.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I can agree. Although w/ some of FWK's advice, I want to see how much better Junebug/Trela do at the MU, lots of very interesting nuances about the MU.

Steam

Smash Hero
Olimar vs Lucario should not be even. >_>

Really difficult for Lucario to get in, and one Pikmin stops a fully-charged aura sphere.

It's -1 at least for :lucario:.
this is honestly one of the wierd matchups that's a lot better in practice than it is in theory. and even I do not understand why. it still could be a -1 though

Tesh

Smash Hero
*shrug* kprime beat him that same day though. I doubt people would say pika is +1 on lucario.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wow. denti beat trela once. cool story (i was there). i also know trela usually never loses to either of those 2 and that he wasn't focused on the game that tourney so much as the fact that he is moving away/may have already moved (am not sure).

i mean hell he lost to kprime. trela never loses to pikachus, just like he doesn't really lose to olimar. and ya while trela still place reasonably high, to go from top 3 usually to not even making top 5 kinda shows that he wasn't on his game. (also no offense kprime, you earned your victory)

Doc King

Smash Lord
The only one i don't agree to an extent is Wario. I do agree with your reasoning for Mario and I understand for Ganon/Falcon.
Why do you think it is that bad for Wario?

Also, do you consider it to be +4 without the infinite?
Because King dedede can explot a good amount of Wario's weaknesses like Marth and Peach and has a good amount of AT's on him.

Which infinite?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What AT's would those be?
DownB sliding? Advanced Gordo Throwing? Grab?
An infinite at the ledge (if you have a very specific distance), which is nice to have, but involves a fair amount of luck, and is only one thing.

Link's ATs are pretty useful; more so than Dedede's, but he's still Link.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What grab stuff does he have that the entire cast can't do?

I'm not sure that I'd call the chaingrab an AT, because then we would call any unavoidable string of moves an AT. I'm not even sure I'd call his infinites ATs.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3 also got good finishers on Wario like the air released up smash, up tilt, and bair. D3 can also space well against Wario which makes Wario timeout game pretty hard to perform since you're gonna need to get a first hit on D3.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
uhmmmm

I think everyone here is either forgetting or didnt hear about the instant pivot grab infinite that d3 has on everbody that he can cg normally... I mean its so difficult nobody can do it. to the point where everyone stopped trying and just forgot about it. im still waiting for some random kid with good hands to pick up the character and start winning tournaments left and right until the move gets banned.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If I recall it only works on one character that matters. Snake. Otherwise its Bowser and Wolf (already got an infinite on both), and charizrd and ivysaur who both suck anyway.

Its more difficult than that QAC lock pikachu has on everyone.

Although DDD makes a pretty lulzy jedi in his red robe.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm just curious, but does the buffered pivot infinite work on characters on certain slopes? I know the Dash Dancing Pivot infinite works on several characters like Wario, but I wanna know if you can do other cool stuff with it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
DDD is such a horrible character design. MK they made stupidly good in alot of ways, but DDD they just make a couple of things just ridiculous. I'm going to be very sad if he can pull off that infinite with the use of the ledge or small bumps or something.

Doc King

Smash Lord
DDD is such a horrible character design. MK they made stupidly good in alot of ways, but DDD they just make a couple of things just ridiculous. I'm going to be very sad if he can pull off that infinite with the use of the ledge or small bumps or something.
D3 imo is a weird character design.

And I've actually pulled a pivot infinite before on Wario and Ganon. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom