• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laem

Smash Champion
Powershielding lasers is asking to be frametrapped by Falco. So nope.
And there are worse things in the MU. Falco can jab a lot and Ganon lacks a quick move to punish it at all. He also can't do **** against sideB.
Boo. to all of that.

Ganon wins by hitting his opponent. Ganon can actually land hits when his opponent tries to do the same, instead of this ******* hypothetical situation where ganon is always attacking an opponent that hasnt commited yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ratios should be described in a X / 10 matches manner imo because then the numbers actually have a non-arbitrary foundation. If two equally skilled Falco and Snake players play the match-up 10 times the most realistic outcome would be that both characters win 5 times making it the 5/5 match-up we all know it to be. A simpler, yet more realistically applicable method doesn't exist imo.

:059:

Yikarur

Smash Master
how is this not arbitary?

what gives you the indication of "5/5 would be the most realistic ..." ?

you can't even define "equal skill"

Doc King

Smash Lord
Ganon may have the worst matchups in the game but that doesn't change the fact that he can punish misstakes way harder than a lot of characters thanks to his huge damage input and kill power. I'm pretty sure that his matchups aren't the worst in the game as long as the opponent ends up screws up things.
It's not really the aggressive things that Ganon can do that make him bad. It's a whole lot about the insane lack of defense and speed he has. One mistake can equal a death to God/Top/High Tiers a lot of times.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i don't believe in slight advantages.

namely because they dont exist.

matchups are either even, advantage/disadvantage, or unlosable/unwinnable.

that's all there is to it.

small differences only matter at low level play, and are often less important than a single solid read or mistake.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ratios should be described in a X / 10 matches manner imo because then the numbers actually have a non-arbitrary foundation. If two equally skilled Falco and Snake players play the match-up 10 times the most realistic outcome would be that both characters win 5 times making it the 5/5 match-up we all know it to be. A simpler, yet more realistically applicable method doesn't exist imo.

but if a character always wins, but all "10" matches are like last hit, then it would still be a 100:0 MU? this is so stupid -.- I don't understand how you can view it like that. It would still just be a slight advantage...

Ghostbone

Smash Master
but if a character always wins, but all "10" matches are like last hit, then it would still be a 100:0 MU? this is so stupid -.- I don't understand how you can view it like that. It would still just be a slight advantage...
If all the matches really are last hit, then it would be more than likely that the matches would go back and forth, favouring one character slightly.
And if you did a statistical analysis of lots of matches between the characters, the ratio that comes out of that would be close to what the 'true' match-up ratio is.

If there's some extraordinary match-up where one character always wins but they don't win by much, then yes, the match-up would still be 100:0

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
but if a character always wins, but all "10" matches are like last hit, then it would still be a 100:0 MU?
Yes.

this is so stupid -.- I don't understand how you can view it like that. It would still just be a slight advantage...
So if one character can NOT beat the other character ONCE out of ten attempts you'd call that a "slight disadvantage"?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yes.

So if one character can NOT beat the other character ONCE out of ten attempts you'd call that a "slight disadvantage"?

yes, if he's just one hit away?! He could have won, wasn't far away from it.

what if he beats every player of that character but not the best one (because he's probably better)?

It just can't be that bad.

If I would think of the ratio that way I'd see all advantages as like 90:10. : |

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if it goes by like... win ratios... then a looooot of matchups are 70:30 or worse.

and MK basically 75:25's the roster
yea... thats the point.

this this this.
question.^^^
If there's some extraordinary match-up where one character always wins but they don't win by much, then yes, the match-up would still be 100:0
answer^^^
People tend to rate match ups in smash by also rating how many stocks the enemy character can take.

"Omg Sheik can take Marth down to last stock - must be EVEN".
facepalm. i hate this too.

Ghebs logic is surprisingly on point today.
We could always use a scale of worst to best match-ups.

For example, Ganondorf: Ice Climbers, Falco, Meta Knight > and keep going like that.
too opinionated. if there were, say, 8 characters in this game, this would be feasible. but in a game of ~38 characters, theres no way youre going to get any 2 people, let alone the 4-6 that are in some of the characters matchup committees to come to an agreement on any one specific list for any character.

the base idea is solid though and imo is essentially the conceptual basis behind the current number system that we are using right now.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3 should be +2 against Wario.

D3 should be +4 against Ganon and Mario.

D3 should be +3 against Falcon.

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3 can also put Mario into bad situations when recovering, due to having a poor recovery and having a pretty laggy rco lag. D3 can also space well against Mario's up tilt, up air, and a lot of his other moves. D3 can also kill him pretty easily.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
After seeing you were the last poster I just had to check if you are going to say that again. >_>
RCO lag is the least of Marios worries in that MU. Mario cannot commit to anything useful without the risk of getting grabbed.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
After seeing you were the last poster I just had to check if you are going to say that again. >_>
RCO lag is the least of Marios worries in that MU. Mario cannot commit to anything useful without the risk of getting grabbed.
Actually RCO lag is a huge problem in his match-up with DDD. DDD's ledge traps completely wreck Mario because of RCO lag. He wouldn't even need to infinite CG Mario for it to be terrible if he can abuse Mario's terrible edge game adequately. It's the same reason why DDD beats Marth, except more drastic.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Since Mario's recovery and range are poor, King Dedede can make put Mario into bad situations. Mario will also have to avoid D3's dair.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
D3 should be +2 against Wario.

D3 should be +4 against Ganon and Mario.

D3 should be +3 against Falcon.
The only one i don't agree to an extent is Wario. I do agree with your reasoning for Mario and I understand for Ganon/Falcon.
Why do you think it is that bad for Wario?

Also, do you consider it to be +4 without the infinite?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You don't even need to KPrime mash until reasonably high % when the infinite becomes pointless anyways. Impracticaaaaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom