• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Even though D3 can chaingrab TL, TL isn't exactly the easiest character to grab, and D3 doesn't exactly have the easiest time catching him in the air (or on the ground for that matter) either. But once TL is off stage he gets ***** by bair. And D3 lives forever.
I'd put it an d3s favor.

bair>boomerang and everything else tl does.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you know what. i've changed my mind on some of pit's MUs since the last few tournies/fests i've gone too. and at hobo im going to try and confirm as many of these as possible.

-2: :metaknight:
-1: :wario: :marth: :gw: :toonlink: :falco:
0: :diddy: :snake: :popo: :olimar: :pikachu2: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :peach: :sonic: :fox: :wolf: :sheik: :sheilda:
1: :rob: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :jigglypuff:
2: :dedede: :dk2: :ness2: :luigi2: :lucas: :link2: :zelda:
3: :bowser2: :ganondorf:

inb4flaming

edit:
*2.3 top pits in the top 25 of genesis2 (krystedez said he went about a 3rd pit, hence the fraction)

Judo777

Smash Master
you know what. i've changed my mind on some of pit's MUs since the last few tournies/fests i've gone too. and at hobo im going to try and confirm as many of these as possible.

-2: :metaknight:
-1: :wario: :marth: :gw: :toonlink: :falco:
0: :diddy: :snake: :popo: :olimar: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :peach: :sonic: :fox: :wolf: :sheik:
1: :rob: :sheilda: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :jigglypuff:
2: :dedede: :dk2: :ness2: :luigi2: :lucas: :link2: :zelda:
3: :bowser2: :ganondorf:

inb4flaming

edit:
*2.3 top pits in the top 25 of genesis2 (krystedez said he went about a 3rd pit, hence the fraction)
Sheilda can't have a worse MU than Sheik by definition.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fat target for easier arrow usage + issue against a planking Pit + juggle-prone, I'm guessing.

Though I'm curious why Ike would have a more favorable matchup than D3.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wat he said

plus our jab, AR, and nair all beat his spot dodge or eat right through his shield. we also cg DDD to 60%, he is dead from footstools and pit is a great character for getting those (pit can guarentee a footstool since he can do it out of WOI/wing refresh), he is easy to hit with bair, and while it doesn't happen much since it's much harder to land on DDD than others, he can mirror the falling part of DDD's recovery. oh ya and we are the like the hardest character to CG and usually can get out by sidestepping or WOI-ing.

and to answer the other question

ike we can only do fthrow x2>fsmash, his jab and spacing game are good when he has pit in a corner, he has eruption and dtilt to threaten a planking pit, and he kills even earlier than DDD does. i mean ya he still gets ***** by arrows and mirror shield ruins his recovery options, but he handles himself onstage better than D3 does so actually setting the gimp up is difficult.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've shield-DI'd and grabbed Pit's jab before, the looping part I mean.

Also if your CG is anything like the CG on Bowser, it stops working (fresh) at 30%.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've shield-DI'd and grabbed Pit's jab before, the looping part I mean.

Also if your CG is anything like the CG on Bowser, it stops working (fresh) at 30%.
Nope, pit has a DACG chain grab to ~50-60% on d3. It has been thoroughly tested and known for a while now.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if we get a grab on DDD fresh at 30%-35%, we can still do fthrow>fsmash on him which does 29%, so we still got that 60% threat for the first 3rd or 4th of the stock.

and ya he can sometimes grab b4 the infinite jab comes out like you said with shield DI, but usually DDD will just get jabbed.

@kuro

he said if we get a fresh fthrow on him when he is at 30% that we can't cg him, not that we can't CG to 60ish% at all. unless i misread

Doc King

Smash Lord
I always thought the D3 vs Pit matchup was evenish because D3 can chain grab Pit as well as Pit can chain grab D3. Also I wouldn't include planking in because of the ledge grab limit. If we're talking about planking and scrooging then D3 vs Falco should be even because D3's scrooging and planking does very well against Falco, Falco is pretty limited to what he can do when D3 is just scrooging with the up air and being in the air a lot.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mirror doesn't affect Ike much when he spaces aether or reverse aether.

Also Ike's will fair pit's planking as it outranges everything pit can do on the ledge, although not at the same time (going far back to shoot an arrow requires Ike within ledge attack range to hit with fair)

Little tidbit about Pit's arrows is Ike can duck under unaltered ones. Meaning ike can charge a usmash under pit's unaltered arrows. So make sure you aim down xD though Ike shouldn't be close enough to usmash when ya fire an arrow

I hate the arrows when coming back on stage. Can't really afford to lose my 2nd jump and sometimes can't afford to get hit

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Planking does affect the d3 mu. 50 LGs is a bunch. And we only have to fear if the d3 is gonna time us out...(good luck w/that). Granted, if there were no LGL...lol. It'd prolly be +2.

However i agree in that it's evenish. The only two things ik really make a difference is...

1)pit can edgeguard d3 really well.
2) bair is much easier to land
3)D3 is juggle bait. Even w/his Fast fall speed/AD. We cover that w/a frame 2 uptilt that resets.

Wifi is good for doing tests. I like to just get on and test what do ppl do if i do x. And try to guess what they're thinking. I don't like using it much for mu...cuz it can affect those pretty drastically unless it's close to lagless. Which is just about all i try to play and exactly why i don't do free play.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wifi isn't bad when you're learning stuff from it, a couple of players have been WiFi players before they came to offline tourneys and got the "top player" titles. But, it's bad when you want to make a point and beat someone, or play and simply have fun. It's just horrible considering not everyone has an amazing connection, and sucks when you're transitioning between too much buffer (online) and controllable buffer (offline).

Laem

Smash Champion
Lets not confuse sharking with scrooging.
The former is what d3 is decent at as long as he stays somewhat close to the ledge.

and I've always considered the pit d3 mu even or even +1 d3. Only when pit starts living on the edge is when **** gets gay, but that shouldn't and isn't really allowed.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Why is Lucario vs Yoshi and Sonic so bad? I'm guessing it has something to do with the aura.

Also, what are the matchup ratios for the really atrocious BS matchups like DK vs Lucas, Dedede vs DK, and Ness vs Marth, with infinites banned?

Steam

Smash Hero
infinites aren't banned

also Lucario has a +3 on sonic and yoshi because yeah they can't really kill him and Lucario had an edge on them to begin with. though some of the sonics/yoshis are starting to think it's not so bad because they're working on the matchup.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Yeah, I don't think Lucario vs Yoshi and Sonic is that bad.

I just wonder what the DK vs Lucas MU would be if Lucas didn't have that silly grab release. Probably a +1 for DK.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Why is Lucario vs Yoshi and Sonic so bad? I'm guessing it has something to do with the aura.

Also, what are the matchup ratios for the really atrocious BS matchups like DK vs Lucas, Dedede vs DK, and Ness vs Marth, with infinites banned?
Well, King Dedede vs. DK will still be a +4 for Dedede because he can still chainthrow DK a lot and still has good followups like d throw to d tilt, d throw to up smash and d smash (RCO Lag), can camp him with waddle dee throw, and pressure him with waddle dee, f tilt, and DK's rco lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom