• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
TBH, I would approve of Kid's post more than Orion's. At least Kid didn't get his contractions mixed up with possessive adjectives.
<3 Orion
I don't know grammer, real talk. I was never taught it in US public schools LOL. I just talk and I know if it sounds right XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Also, if you don't mind, my name is spelled KID with all caps. Kid is a different smasher entirely
I don't think anyone really cares considering its the same name just different capitalization.
At least there is a difference between Doom and Mr. Doom.
I care since I'm such a stickler for people getting my name right. I'll call you KID.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Imo, MK/Snake/ZSS are IC's only bad matchups. But the only matchups I can prove with evidence is Peach and Toonlink. So I'd like that to change. Recently, even after several months of me not playing, I show up at this tournament and take out Illmatic and Shadow1pj (sorry guys lolol).

Vs PJ
WF vs Illmatic
GF vs Illmatic

Watch the whole set before you judge. There are a few fluke matches that are dumb.

I believe ICs definitely have the tools to follow Toonlink. You don't have to desync at all, it's all reading jumps. Getting hit by bombs when upairing TL is worth it since TL is taking the upair and bomb damage. If you're good at PSing and know how to use ICs, you should be able to adapt to TL.

And Peach is a bit different because each game is very different. Peach is really good pressuring our shield, but nair, upair, even belay and dair can punish her. Once she has us separated, she can keep control. KOing Nana is very easy. Honestly, this is a very straightup matchup. When she approaches with dair, dash away and hit with bair. If shielding dair, roll away or buffer a nair (if you do it right, nana will only do it and Popo can run away). Her turnips are a useful tool, but not a dominating force. Squall (ICs SideB) is good for a surprise, but if Peach predicts it then nair beats it easily. So when using squall, you have to be unexpected and do it rising so she can't pop out and use nair.

I can go on and on about the Peach matchup, but I believe it's even.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I agree tl vs ics is even

but you're about to get some people who don't play the mu tell you how wrong we are.

while im here.

lucario,diddy, marth and d3 beat tl+1

falco, mk beat him +2

luigi, fox, dk, ics, sonic, peach and g&w are 0s

samus is -1

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nonsense, toon link has a slight edge on Sonic. Priority, kills better.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It's in Peach's favor.

You may have won Smoom, and I know I've been saying it's even for a while now - but after that tournament I realized Peach definitely has the tools to beat ICs. She has strong separation tools, amazing damage output, a good aerial killing move, a projectile, and a FLOAT. If you look at specific points in that video, there is nothing you are really doing to ME besides spacing well and playing extremely defensively. Your only threat is your grab... which really is a threat against all characters. On the other hand, once I get some momentum on your character the whole game shifts in my direction and I can keep the lead as long as I want (if I don't make bad decisions). I'm up both 2-1 and 2-0 in both sets, but I gain too much confidence in myself and start making poor decisions (which is apparent on both games on Brinstar in the second set).

Peach wins if she doesn't land dumb fairs on shield, play poorly on counterpicks, or use too many turnips.

Although I may be the best Peach at the matchup (playing you 24/7), I don't feel as though my playstyle accommodates how the matchup should be played. A smart and defensive Peach can consistently beat Ice Climbers if playing well.

:peach: 40:60

Don't knock your character, Smoom - you just played better than me this time around!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I agree tl vs ics is even

but you're about to get some people who don't play the mu tell you how wrong we are.

while im here.

lucario,diddy, marth and d3 beat tl+1

falco, mk beat him +2

luigi, fox, dk, ics, sonic, peach and g&w are 0s

samus is -1
I agree to ic vs tl is even. Ic players like myself have to actually think during the match. A lot of ic players lose because they play like there brain dead and only go for the grab.
@ illmatics post ill say ic vs peach 5-5 or 55-45 peach. She has the tools but ic has tools to fight back. So that its not a wreck fest lol
:phone:

Smoom77

Smash Master
I understand what you say Illmatic, about how your losses were due to overconfidence, but my losses could be shown that way also. In WF, I 3 stock first game, and I felt good and that's when I played horribly (even though you could argue I played horribly first match since I got grabs) the next games.

I still feel it's even.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
This is interesting I want kyon to play smoom a couple sets and me play illmatic because kyon plays me a hell of a lot and smoom plays illmatic a lot. I want to do this to really see what the mu is. It would be a great experiment.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If we're throwing in Peaches that are good at the IC matchup, Nicole is pretty ****ing good at this matchup and has been an IC slayer against myself, Future, and Hylian.

Don't quote me for it, but I think the consensus on the Midwest ICs would be that it's adv Peach, just maybe not by that much in varying degrees. At least that's where I stand and I'm pretty sure Hylian, Future, and maybe even lain would agree

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I understand what you say Illmatic, about how your losses were due to overconfidence, but my losses could be shown that way also. In WF, I 3 stock first game, and I felt good and that's when I played horribly (even though you could argue I played horribly first match since I got grabs) the next games.

I still feel it's even.
That's not really what I'm getting at.

All I'm saying is that if Peach plays safe, she should beat ICs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Peach seperates ICs pretty well. She puts out more than Nana, causing Popo to be solo with Peach more often while Nana is left behind unloved.

I just wanted to say that :x

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
idk, Ike can jab -> grab -> pummel -> bthrow -> dash attack to separate the ICs safely. His pummel has enough hitstun that he can do that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike takes Nana to town.

After he muscles his way through Popo

I'll say this:

Multiple peaches beating multiple ICs

San beating ICs, while ICs beat the rest of the Ike mains (Minus Ryo?)

Either we're doing something wrong, or Peaches have an easier time

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Imo ike can do something to ic. The range of ike's attacks, and power of ikes moves i think over runs ic, unless ike gets grabed:(.

Peach doesn't seem to have the range nor power like ike does, besides the Down B anything than that no.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The slaps MM thing was just a joke, he doesn't really play the MU very well.

Nicole

Smash Champion
hello, i namesearch.

anyways peach beats ics by a little bit if the ics really really knows what they're doing against her. the best ics i've ever played is future and he got scary good vs peach by playing me a bunch lol. anyways no one else really compares to him at the MU and i have no trouble against ics generally.

all you have to do is be good with spacing and your float and they shoudlnt be grabbing you much. if nana's shield wasnt 6 frames after popo's the matchup would be impossible for peach (and many other chars i suppose), but it is, and as such, peach can just destroy nana. peach really doesnt need to be that cautious or campy, in fact if she is she probably wont do as well. you just cant be scared of them. once you separate nana (which can easily be done with an '08 floated dair) peach can actually kill her too, since nana cant DI. turnips can gimp the ics rather well also.

idk peach may suck as you say but she does beat the ics, and i personally dont think they're that good of a character anyway.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Nana shields 5 frames after Popo

Input Shield
frame 1: Popo shields
frame 6: Nana Shields

The difference is 5 frames :D

not that it matters

Nicole

Smash Champion
oh lux, only YOU would know that lol :D
but ya, it doesnt matter, its a fairly large difference framewise either way, and that is what's important.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't find ICs particularly troubling at all, either. It's probably close to even on most of the starters, and Ike gets a win for free on his CPs.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom