• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Honestly it would probably be best to ask Ally himself lol. I saw him go Snake vs Mikeneko but Metaknight vs Olimar. Not sure who he went for the rest of the tourney honestly.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
:metaknight: brought nothing but misery this tournament.
You mean this :troll:

General shoutouts:
If there was a subtitle, I would call this tournament, the Revival of Smash 64. Good s*** to the other n64 players as well as the hosts and to all the internationals and West/Mid-West players who only came out for 64. You guys are amazing and I am proud of this community. You know where to find my other shoutouts.

To Alex, the streamers, the other pool refs, the staff members: Thanks for everything. You guys did amazing. Best hosted tounament since the old The Smash Affiliates tournament/WoZ hosted events. Run so smoothly. Just do top 8 only on the last day, if not top 5/6. Was fun to boss around people, lol.

To Eikelmann: Fun to team with you. Would do so again. Really fun ganon. GJ in the Links V. Stinks crew battle. We faced good teams and tied with many really solid teams as well and did better than some.

To the Smash Crusade hosts: You guys are really accommodating and really nice. Did not know much about the game and I thought I would dislike it as I tend to dislike flash fighters. you guys proved me wrong in so many ways. Look forward to later versions.

To Dudeacockus: Thank you for hosting. Really kind guy and fully recommended for anyone who wants housing. Your falcon was quite good and you should have joined. Thanks for busing all of us. Really.
To the other roommates, fun to play, nice to talk to all of you. Fun friendlies as well.

To OCR and Screwattack, always been a fan of both of your communities. Would have talked more but I couldn't. Hope you guys had fun at this tournament

To the FGC: Nice to watch some of your games. Nice people also. Hope you had fun.

Other random notes: Proper pool and otherwise shoutouts later, they just got deleted accidentally.
Five sheiks in my melee pool, 2 Luigi's, a Jigglypuff, a Peach, a Marth, and a Zelda. No fast fallers, what?
KellyK and RyanK in my pool. KellyK is a guy who showed up. RyanK did not show up.
I was put in a brawl pool (for some reason, didn't sign up) and won vs. two people who never showed up and got a bye. I lost 0-2 vs. the other 2 people and did better than 4 people. Lolpools.
Including those who never showed up and not including byes. I won vs 2 people in every game i played, wat.

Edit: Thought it was you guys for some raisin

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
To the Project M "hosts" I really wish I could have played. 50,000 other people did also. Why was it closed entry, especially since it was 2.5 so people did not know how to properly play yet? Kind of annoying tbh. It is quite a "good idea" to make a new smash game closed entry when there are more people at a smash tournament than ever before. Really nice idea. I don't know that many people who watched due it being so secretive. Kinda anti-hype. To Wizzrobe, fun matches I guess. GJ getting 2nd.
Holding a 16 man invitational tournament was the agreement made between the PMBR and Apex staff. This isn't the place for airing grievances, so I won't, but believe me, many of us would have liked to do something more.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Shoutouts to not making it out of pools. Shoutouts to eating lunch 10 minutes before my pool. Shoutouts to stacked pools. Shoutouts to NJ. Shoutouts to Alex Strife. Shoutouts to the Wario bros. Shoutouts to Mew2King. Shoutouts to Alex Strife.

Shoutouts to my crown and TKbreezy mentioning it on stream.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Alex Strife and staff - good job everyone. can't wait for next year already

Icer - thanks a bunch for housing Richard and me. Sorry we didn't get to talk that much.

Rykard - always good seeing you. I hope you guys can revive Ithaca Smash and make it to more tourneys this semester!

Trail - fun times teaming. sorry I was kind of tied up with the ssb64 stuff and couldn't devote as much as energy as I wanted to teams. We did pretty well vs PPU and shroomed though.

Kels - lol sucks you had to play me so early in the tourney. ggs and I'll see you next time

Abate - good seeing you as always. You've become the best Luigi imo

Vudujin - good seeing you. sucks we had no time to play but we will next time for sure

Silentswag - good **** beating Kels that was a fun set to watch

Plup - you messed me up really bad in friendlies lol. I think I'm just gonna stick with Peach for that matchup. Really smart player too.

Westballz - you owe me money;) no big deal though I think you were gonna win the runback MM we didn't finish. I hope next time we play in bracket.

Mango - maybe some day I'll get you down to 1 stock. ggs

m2k - good **** showing the Melee community you still have what it takes to be one of the best. You put on a great show

Bladewise - ggs. Looking forward to a rematch

Sol - ggs, sucks we had to play each other

Tafokints - ggs in pools

Hungrybox - ggs, sorry if you were annoyed when I asked if I could play against your Ness haha. I figured I'd probably lose to your Jiggs (which I did, but I think I did pretty well other than getting rested a few times) so it was worth a shot.

Tirno - fun MM, too bad YS really hated you that set LOL

Armada - congrats on completely solidifying yourself as the best player this game has ever seen.

leffen - ggs in the MM and good job overall at the tourney. I'll definitely put up a better fight next time.

Ice - glad I got to play you in a few games this time

PewPewU / Shroomed - ggs in doubles but next time I really want to get some good singles with you guys! It seems we never get a chance.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of Melee people that I either played or talked to, but basically ggs everyone and I'm looking forward to next time.

M@v

Subarashii!
McDonald's dollar Iced tea, I drink that.
Super hard Armor Pieces, I throw that.
APEX 2013, I win that.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Crismas, do you still have any of the buttons you were selling left? If so, do you still have the Bass one from Megaman? I forgot to buy it on Sunday, before I left :(
Ya I still have Bass :)

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
wait, am i reading this right?
You want to give me more reasons to dq people? ;)

though i handed out plenty of dq's this year, thats not something dq-worthy imo. Clerical errors are unfortunate, and could likely be resolved by just double checking with the pool members. I'll be sure next year to confirm with whoever turns the pool sheet in that the written results are 100% accurate.
dq mm $50,000,000

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Apex 2013 was a great tournament. Although there were a few (or more) people that disagreed with how the tournament was run, nobody can deny that some great matches went on this weekend.

Julian Tahreel: Thanks for taking care of the hotel business. You definitely kept it real in the room and it was dope chilling in 536
SFATacular: Thanks a ton for paying for my flight dude. None of this could have happened if it wasn’t for you. So as soon as I get my check, I’ll pay you back and give you whatever is left over after the hotel fee! Bing.
Scarduzio: Thanks for being a bro and spending over $100 on beer like every night dude. Also, it still pains me knowing that you could have ****ed Leffen and Ice up until they pulled that **** on you. You’ll always still be the peoples’ champion.
Texas smash: You guys are sick. It was fun playing against all of you in that long chain of money matches.
MT: Keep up the Marthing dude. Also, you hella look like my sister’s boyfriend LMAO
Texas Luigi player that was just so happy about everything: You rock dude. I love your attitude man. I’ve never been that happy about money matching someone in my entire life and you just radiate happiness all around ROFL. Keep it up dude.
Zoso: It was sick seeing you again dude. Come to Genesis and let’s kick it. Maybe we can jam too
Prog: Sick commentary no pun intended
Dogysammich: Not so sick commentary, also no pun intended. You disrespect Dajuan, you disrespect me. One motha f*ckin unit
Mango: #Nation4lyfe #USA
Lauren: Finally got to meet you. #FirstLady
DoH: Hi my name’s Zhu
L__: Sup Zhu
Binyan: Hey Zhu
Zeldafr3ak: What’s up Zhu
Zhu: Oh hey it's PewPewU
McCain: You owe me a jacket *****. Don’t blame Lillian for stealing my jacket
Hungrybox: I actually cheered for you somehow dude. Definitely found a new respect for you this weekend. Beat Armada for USA.
ShroomeDajuan: This weekend was a ****ing blast. Sick teaming with you bro. I felt like we were on the same page for every set we played on Friday. Team-mother****in’-game dude. We got em next time dude. Also, it was super sickwiddit holding it down for the west coast with you dude. MARTH DOC SON

“We fight as a single, impenetrable unit. That is the source of our strength"

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Not sure if its super necessary but I did use quite a bit of Jigglypuff to warrant my use of her in the results rather than just Diddy Only. She is the reason why I got into the final bracket and I used her in my matches against Nario and Player-1.

Match 1 vs Nario was Jiggs and Matches 1 and 2 vs Player-1 was Jiggs.

But again its not really necessary to edit this cuz its only 97th place in Brawl and people don't probably care anyways lol.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I went all Snake vs most people.

won game 3 with MK vs Pwii in dittos.

Lost 0-2 vs Dabuz as mk.

Lost game 1 vs FOW in dittos. Went snake after.

MK did misery for me as well at this tournament X.X

S l o X

Smash Champion
Pool 29:
Dazwa: i didnt sandbag i just got ***** and wasn't thinking.
SloX: gj in pools, day 3 :urg:
Vwins: good games, sorry you felt you played bad but you ended up doing well in the end. definitely one of my best wins yet. gj on 9th
Frootloop: keep it on with marth, you gotta take loses first.
Scythe: pretty good but i stepped it up game 3. keep practicing you're good just gotta work on a few things and not SD.

Bracket:
tafokints: i'll get you at genesis! thanks for the advice, i really appreciated it and will work on everything.
codi: ggs thanks for the compliment, i try.
SOUL: good **** beating me and thanks for the compliments! i hope to see you at apex 2014. Mexican players seem really cool. good job beating vanz as well.

silent swag: good **** beating kels.

CT: the ****ing homies. keep playing this game and getting better with me, soon we'll be up there with the top placers. i mean vwins got 9th and i BODIED him.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The projector setup for Brawl pre-top8 produced no sound (except for the sound from the TV obv), so most of the crowd couldn't hear anything coming from the game, unless they were sitting next to the TV.

All we could hear was sound coming from whatever game was onstage (it was Melee most of the time). I'm not saying we should put Brawl over everything else or anything like that, but it would be nice to hear the music/SFX from the games we're watching without having to be close to the TV.

Great tourney overall. Also shoutouts to MJG's grandma.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
It was like that for most projectors honestly. The main stage was the only one that produced more sound and we couldn't put it high because of the feedback from there to the stream. Hopefully with a bigger venue will come better equipment, but we'll try out best :)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
The projector setup for Brawl pre-top8 produced no sound (except for the sound from the TV obv), so most of the crowd couldn't hear anything coming from the game, unless they were sitting next to the TV.

All we could hear was sound coming from whatever game was onstage (it was Melee most of the time). I'm not saying we should put Brawl over everything else or anything like that, but it would be nice to hear the music/SFX from the games we're watching without having to be close to the TV.

Great tourney overall. Also shoutouts to MJG's grandma.
lol ok.

Well then this ^. Maybe some small speakers connected to the projector can fix this.

M@v

Subarashii!
The projectors were all like "EWWWWW BRAWL" and over heated.

The last one had better sense though to stick around for grand finals.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
This has definitely been my favorite Apex so far, the last hour was was worth the cost alone.

Shoutouts:

Internet Explorer and friends: Once again thank you so much for housing, if it wasn't for you I would not have made it to Apex. You and Alex are still the best.

Cloudfox: So good seeing you again man.

iKon: We need to go on another adventure next Apex and maybe find the right destination. Good job making it out of pools.

Hippiedude: Did not recognize you at all when I first saw you. You really rock the leather jacket.

Coney: I really wanted to play you but forgot to ask, was good to see you again.

Japan: Y'all are mad cute.

Pidgezero: Was nice meeting you, you're pretty chill.

FAE: I wish we could have teamed man but whatever. You're scarier offline than you are online.

Red Ryu: Was fun playing you man.

Tony T: Good seeing you again man, we'll have to do the all lucario doubles again some time.

Coach Pane: Double lucario dittos are stupid.

Loota: You are the funniest guy.

D.Disciple: It was great finally meeting you, kind of sucks that we didn't get to play though.

PeachKid: You're a pretty cool guy.

Dark.Pch: Your Peach is a monster offline man.

Zero: You're alright.

The Deer: wut?

Mink and the Florida guys: You guys made top 8 sooo much more hype than it already was, you guys had me dying of laughter.

Skisonic and Ultradavid: See above

The entire Apex Staff: Thank you so much for putting on such a great event, cant wait for next year.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
ZeRo kissing me on the cheek was almost as cute as kakera with my dedede hat

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Mizuki, I can't speak for others, but when we talked at koc I made a concerted effort to call you by your new tag, use feminine pronouns etc. However, I found myself failing to do so occasionally. Point being that it's not necessarily the case that people are being deliberately disrespectful, though some people prob are, unfortunately. I'd imagine most people mean no harm and probably just need time to adjust

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh also shoutouts to the guy who thought i was nicole :p

Top Bottom