• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
smash also has a section on shoryuken, and very few smashers ever frequent it

which only serves to otherize the community even further
Dude really? I never even knew that, I might check that out now.
Thanks!! >=)
I love every thing about your avatar and sig.
Jman is probably 4th in thr country to be exact and 6th in the world but thats neithe rhere nor there.
Jman is more like 6th in the country and 8th in the world, but you're right that's either here nor there.
I assume in these posts, you two are refering to amsah and Armada, and that really ignorant of both of you to just assume that since they are the only ones that HAVE come to america and played at that level, from europe, that they are the only ones from europe that CAN come to america and perform at that level. Im pretty sure that there are at least a few other players in europe that are at the same level as those 2.
Shiek and Marth generally present bigger problems for low tiers than Fox; they're the reason successful LT mains have high tier secondaries.
This. despite the fact that they are better and do the same things easier, fox and falco dont really beast mode **** low tier characters the way shiek and marth do. fox and falco are stupidly good and can pretty much 0-death any character at will. But every character in the game has some stupid fastfaller combos and CGs that only work on those 2 (and on rare occasions, falcon too). Sheik and marth dont have to deal with that and really can just play stupidly basic, and rely on their obsurd range and down throw to obliterate any of the solidly non-viable characters.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
no that was Silent S
They both made Wobbles rage quit at Mango Juice.

I assume in these posts, you two are refering to amsah and Armada, and that really ignorant of both of you to just assume that since they are the only ones that HAVE come to america and played at that level, from europe, that they are the only ones from europe that CAN come to america and perform at that level. Im pretty sure that there are at least a few other players in europe that are at the same level as those 2.
That's possible. But you speak as if we don't know anything about the European community. It's common knowledge that Armda is the best player over there and Amsah is right behind him. The other top European who came over weren't quite on that level.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
meh. not this again.

strawhats

Smash Master
Well I suppose it's not hard to believe that Sheik could be tied with Jigs. The problem is that they're no elite Sheiks in America. I had hope for Lucien but he seems to have given up lately.
KDJ is coming back son...watch out American jiggz.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i know, i'm so excited about kdj

i hope he gets back into it and shows everybody how to play the game again

also, lucien hasn't given up, he just hasn't been to a tournament in a while

N64

Smash Champion
Popping in making sure people know about matchup experience. It matters, and one person (low tier) having more knowledge of it makes a big difference against the guy (high tier) who doesn't for that particular matchup. Difficult to factor in when talking about which characterrrrrrrrr has the advantage.

Now lets get a flame war going on over that! gogo!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You know why that is right? fast reload time how do you think it got so many people there? till the one child law they were machine guns out there.

gm jack

Smash Lord
That's possible. But you speak as if we don't know anything about the European community. It's common knowledge that Armda is the best player over there and Amsah is right behind him. The other top European who came over weren't quite on that level.
O rly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZ109q4b2s

And UK sucks.

Essentially, there are other good europeans who could be right up there, even if not quite armada level.

john!

Smash Hero
The only ones from Europe that I can imagine being close to those two are Remen and Calle, and if they get top 8 at the next international then I will be surprised (but impressed).

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I think Zgetto is equivalent to pro level players in the US. Nothing has shown be he would be considered a TOP contender.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I argee. I rememeber haveign that pokemon card soooo great.

but master hand would be wierd to see someone main I don't know how you could have fun as him unless one of his moves has a lot of stun that can combo someone.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think that Negligible Tier should be sorted like this.

1. Ness
2. Yoshi
3. Pichu
4. Bowser
5. Kirby

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's the problem, but we have Mofo, Mindtricks, Vectorman, Insane Crazy Guy, and a few others.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ness is terrible he has nothing going for him really. yoshi is seriously better in like every way. ness shouldn't be above yoshi that's dumb. I geuss ness has a better sheild and grab game but can't really abuse it like anyone esle. so without grabs ness can't really combo unlike yoshi.

also I suck but i've helped with the metagame so much compared to most pichu players better than me.

Doc King

Smash Lord
But the fact that he has a yo-yo glitch and pretty good DJC's and also the fact that Yoshi can be gimped so easily so Ness is better in my opinion.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WTF??? ness if you hit him out of his slow 2nd jump he's dead because his up-B is trash. yoshi's 2nd jump is beaten by marth's f-smash tippered till 60%. yoshi isn't gimped unless you f*** really bad and waste your 2nd jump. yoyo glitch doesn't happen much and normally needs agrba which how is he going to land that it much shorter than pichu's grab range.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the trick to edge guarding yoshi is releasing that you can't hit him out of his jump but he really has no way to approach the stage. wait for the super armor to end, wait for watever attack/airdodge he does, and you hit him off stage and he has 0% chance of coming back.

ness's double jump is basically as good, minus the super armor, but he has the option of falling back and upbing (which is actually a good recovery if they dont jump out and get hit by the upb purposefully) if they simply defend the edge from your jump/airdodge/attack.

as far as djc, ness's is superior to yoshi's simply because yoshi has to wait an extra 5+ frames to do his 2nd jump or else he will just dj back into the ground. and ness's uair is vastly superior in terms of hitbox size, speed and combo uses (though yoshi's does kill better). Ness has an aerial kill move (bair) which yoshi doesn have, both nairs are pretty solid though i think yoshi's is a bit better overall. ness's fair is better for spacing and speed while yoshis combos better.

I think ness is a little better than yoshi because of these differences.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
And if the yoshi player is familiar with the concept of mindgames, maybe they won't airdodge/attack and just fall straight into you, making you look stupid for not doing anything. On the other hand, ness falls back and up-bs, then loses.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yoshi can set-up his kill moves. If falcon couldn't combo wouldn't his knee be near useless like if he coulnd't d-throw knee or anything.

yoshi can set up much better for about everything. and he does have a ground ground worth useing and some of the best tilts in the game.

Doc King

Smash Lord
There pretty much the same, but I think that Ness has the advantage out of all of the Melee characters then Yoshi.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
And if the yoshi player is familiar with the concept of mindgames, maybe they won't airdodge/attack and just fall straight into you, making you look stupid for not doing anything. On the other hand, ness falls back and up-bs, then loses.
ness's upb is comparable to fox's as it covers relatively the same length but sort of has analog angles. The only big weakness of ness's recovery is if the opponent intentionally get hit by his pk thunder 1, really. If the pk thunder 2 comes out, while the hitbox gets smaller the further he moves, the move is very dangerous if the opponent happens to get hit. This forces the opponent to give some respect to the attack (unlike against, say, falcon's upb). Once ness touches ground after his upb he actually has only 4 frames of lag just like fox's upb.

while its obvious that having super armor on your jump is better than not having it, i think its more important that ness actually has SOMETHING he can do when he doesn't have his jump off stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom